Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Stradale - I found one

STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Hurst said:
    Quote:
    Don't let your taste be tarnished by relativity, the F430 is a wonderful car by every strech of the imagination, but its greatness does not lie in its scarcity. That is falsely fabricated...

Find a new 430 at msrp anywhere in the US and I will buy it for you. And if you can't you owe me a dollar. See if its scarcity is "falsely fabricated"....... Take the bet?

Stradale, after months of searching, I have a very good lead on a new F430 at MSRP. I'm going to follow up and check it out in the morning, I'll let you know which dealer to send the check to....and to help you out a little, I'll cover the cost of shipping to Florida. Thank's bud, you're the best.

Re: Stradale - I found one

I may beat you to it and get it for just a bit more than MSRP.

Here is where people start running... fast...

Quote:
    FSU-997S said:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Hurst said:
    Quote:
    Don't let your taste be tarnished by relativity, the F430 is a wonderful car by every strech of the imagination, but its greatness does not lie in its scarcity. That is falsely fabricated...

Find a new 430 at msrp anywhere in the US and I will buy it for you. And if you can't you owe me a dollar. See if its scarcity is "falsely fabricated"....... Take the bet?

Stradale, after months of searching, I have a very good lead on a new F430 at MSRP. I'm going to follow up and check it out in the morning, I'll let you know which dealer to send the check to....and to help you out a little, I'll cover the cost of shipping to Florida. Thank's bud, you're the best.

Now I'd PAY to see Stradale's face if you really get a 430 at MSRP .

Okay, just let me know the details when you have them even though the bet was w/ Hurst.

ps: If it doesn't happen, I expect my $1 then from you too.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Okay, just let me know the details when you have them even though the bet was w/ Hurst.

ps: If it doesn't happen, I expect my $1 then from you too.

I bet FSU will like you very much very soon .

[

with respect, i don't believe it. that said i hope you prove me wrong!

ignacio

FSU-997S, help a brother out here

Does anyone else want to gander in on the bet to cover my insurance?

Quote:
    Hurst said:

A chance for a free Ferrari? I bet you'll work like crazy to cover it, no need for us . That said, I don't think Stradale will be too happy .

Are you buying it or a regular customer? If it is your position that by calling around a dealership is selling YOU a 430 they have sitting on the floor for MSRP; dream on. NO way.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Hurst said:

A chance for a free Ferrari? I bet you'll work like crazy to cover it, no need for us . That said, I don't think Stradale will be too happy .

Well, this is all fun and games, of course, if Stradale feels generous, I won't be one to decline

Quote:
    Hurst said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Hurst said:

Well, this is all fun and games, of course, if Stradale feels generous, I won't be one to decline

I know I wouldn't .

Quote:
    Hurst said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Hurst said:

Just as I wont decline that $1 you're going to send me.

So what's the deal anyway, are we waiting for FSU to confirm he found a new car at msrp? How long do we wait?

He's choosing among a few cars on the lot as we type .

Ahhqm....at what temperature is crow ready to eat? It appears that I goofed on this one...I guess since the dealer wont disclose the price that it's pretty much not going to be at MSRP. Oh well... for what it's worth, there's a $1 on the table at my front door, ready to be picked up by someone. Too good to be true, but you already knew that.....

Quote:
    FSU-997S said:
    Ahhqm....at what temperature is crow ready to eat? It appears that I goofed on this one...I guess since the dealer wont disclose the price that it's pretty much not going to be at MSRP. Oh well... for what it's worth, there's a $1 on the table at my front door, ready to be picked up by someone. Too good to be true, but you already knew that.....

Oh, man. How's that for disappointment.

Hey, Stradale! If I find a 430 at MSRP here, will you buy it?

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    FSU-997S said:

"here" as in Europe? No bet.

FSU - I'll send a courier for that dollar bill today. At least you're honest.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    FSU-997S said:

"here" as in Europe? No bet.

FSU - I'll send a courier for that dollar bill today. At least you're honest.

Is it even worth it for you to pay a courier to get $1?

i'm still wondering why this is in the 997 Turbo section

Quote:
    FSU-997S said:

It so happens that FSU-997S is a Ferrari dealer and he and I were in cahoots all along to swindle Stradale out of some MSRP $$.
    We would then, subsequently split the yields and buy lesser, mortal cars (probably Porsches? ).

Quote:
    Hurst said:
    Quote:
    FSU-997S said:

It so happens that FSU-997S is a Ferrari dealer and he and I were in cahoots all along to swindle Stradale out of some MSRP $$.
    We would then, subsequently split the yields and buy lesser, mortal cars (probably Porsches? ).

Should've called me. I could ship a new 430 there from Europe and sell it at MSRP .

Ok, 2005 F430, 2K miles, $235K (MRSP - $185K)......waiting list for new one - over 4 years. But for us Porsche fans, dealer did say that a lot of his customers are buying TTs to hold them over.....(see how I turned this back into a P discussion) 4 year wait...that's a long fricking time to wait. He does have plenty of "investors" that are on the "buying" list and on the "selling in the future" list as well....he sounded kinda disappointed in that he did not have enough customers that actually wanted to drive their cars for enjoyment....they were too many collectors and investors.....does have several clients that do drive for a few years, and trade in for new without loosing a dime....cool concept if you can spare the change.

Quote:
    FSU-997S said:
    Ok, 2005 F430, 2K miles, $235K (MRSP - $185K)......waiting list for new one - over 4 years. But for us Porsche fans, dealer did say that a lot of his customers are buying TTs to hold them over.....(see how I turned this back into a P discussion) 4 year wait...that's a long fricking time to wait. He does have plenty of "investors" that are on the "buying" list and on the "selling in the future" list as well....he sounded kinda disappointed in that he did not have enough customers that actually wanted to drive their cars for enjoyment....they were too many collectors and investors.....does have several clients that do drive for a few years, and trade in for new without loosing a dime....cool concept if you can spare the change.

I want to be sure I understand your post. Are you saying your dealer has a four year wait for the Turbo and most of the buyers are speculators?

What are they drinking or smoking in FL? One of the last cars I would buy as an investment is a Porsche. I believe dealers are playing the car up because it is clear now that the Turbo is a GT and not a drivers car. They are trying to raise its prospects.

Also, a four year wait is pure baloney. In S. California if I wanted to spec out a car I could have it by early 2007.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    FSU-997S said:

I want to be sure I understand your post. Are you saying your dealer has a four year wait for the Turbo and most of the buyers are speculators?

What are they drinking or smoking in FL? One of the last cars I would buy as an investment is a Porsche. I believe dealers are playing the car up because it is clear now that the Turbo is a GT and not a drivers car. They are trying to raise its prospects.

Also, a four year wait is pure baloney. In S. California if I wanted to spec out a car I could have it by early 2007.

Clearly, he's saying the four year wait is for the F430.

Quote:
    FSU-997S said:

4 year wait for the F430?

Problem being the F430 isn't going to be in production for another 4 years,,,,,, is sold out for the rest of it's production cycle and the new car will be in even more demand than the 430 is currently so the problem.

ps: A $47k premium for a used F430 so you can understand why I said you couldn't find an avaliable new one at msrp. And it's basically the same give or take no matter where in the US you look but that's what I was trying to tell you guys when a few didn't believe me.

I will sell you my F430 at the end of 2007 though when the 430CS comes out. Figure $30k-$40k premium (depending on milaege probably 5 or 6k miles in a year) over msrp split between myself and my dealer.

4 years worth of allocations spoken for a new F430, or its replacment.....

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776802 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441558 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262695 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260838 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85111 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5516 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880552 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815695 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM