Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

997 turbo cab specs. What do you think?

My Porsche salesman was curious (he's also a car nut) as to how I was going to set up my build so this is what I sent him. (He confirmed for me that I'm their 1st turbo cab). It's a little early I guess but I like to have some time to think about other people's suggestions. So what do you think? I don't see the mats I want like the ones I have in my S cab, the ones with the leather border. Does anyone know w/ option CFX - 'mats w/ colored trim' - Is the trim leather?

997 Turbo Cab = approx $131,800
    (?) X1 Artic Silver $0 OR Z4 Basalt Black Metallic
    AT Black Full Leather = $0
    M6A Black Mats = $115
    342 Heated Front Seats =$480
    POL1 Adaptive Sport Seats Leather Int = $1145
    XSC Porsche Crest on headrest = $270
    220 Axle Diff Lock =$950
    450 PCCB's =$8840
    640 Sport Chrono plus = $1840
    CDZ Gear Lever Trim Leather =$251
    CUV Storage Compt. lid w/ Model Logo = $293
    DAA Interior pkg A Pillar Leather = $740
    XMP Leather Sun Visors = $560
    XNS Steering Column Leather =$420
    XPA Thicker Steering Wheel Leather = $310
    (?) CCP PCM Package Alu Look =$2230 - OR - CUR PCM package Leather - $2230
    (?) XCG Seat Backs in Alu Look =$1495 - OR- XSB Sport Seat Backs Leather = $1610
    803 Carbon Package - Switch Panel & Gear lever/handbrake - $890
    CJJ Belt Outlet B Pillar Carbon -$490
    EAD Carbon Package Switch Panel (CF Vents/leather slats/loudspeaker finisher) - $2700
    X69 Carbon Door Sil- $780
    XMJ Carbon Rear Center Consule- $1625
    XTL Carbon Door finisher - $2700

ps: The 07 turbo coupe order guide is attached.

Re: 997 turbo cab specs. What do you think?

Very nice option list you got there, STRADALE!

I would go for metallic black (or even meteor grey) instead of artic silver BTW.

i would go with basalt black!

Very nice option list, very similar to my current checkpoint 8 GT silver coupe.
    I am waiting for the illuminated carbon door sills (CXD at 1380 USD) to be available, the dealer will have to retro-fit.
    Good luck with a quick wait for the delivery of your cab!

Looks good. I would get the seatbacks in alu look if you go Arctic, or painted to match exterior if you go another color

European delivery .... it will be a spring delivery so top down with no speed limits making your way down to the south of France would be a nice way to break it in . It really is the best way to take delivery of a car and the timing is just right.

Hey Stradale. What about painted rocker panels? This will be THE car to keep for a while

I too have wanted the illuminated carbon dollar sills (but was willing to "settle" for the aluminum "look" illuminated versions). I called my dealer last week, who in turn called a friend of his at Porsche (who is reputedly rather highly placed on the manufacturing end of the company) who was somehow able to get the CXD option "enabled" on the Porsche ordering system. While the notion of a single person being able to enable the availability of an option for an entire country certainly seems a bit odd to me (although the CXD option has apparently been available for European and HK customers for some time already), a short while thereafter my dealer was in fact able to add the CXD option to my car's order (where just that morning, before the call with his friend, the option was not listed). The pricing was $1,380 as a prior poster indicated. The downside is that the total cost of my options have now officially exceeded the price of my first new car (how far away can divorce be?).

Quote:
    Rossi said:

I would go for metallic black (or even meteor grey) instead of artic silver BTW.

Thanks for the advice Rossi. I'm still not certain of the color. I've had Black Porsche's and other black cars & have 2 black suv.'s right now so I'm familiar with the good, the bad and ugly of black. That's why I'm considering Black Metallic. Has anyone had both, black & basalt ? The Artic really is such a nice color and I'm loving the ease of keeping it clean. Dun no, jurys still out. If anyone has basalt turbo pics handy would love to see them. tia~

mkultra, JP66
    AE - Good luck w/ your car, please post pics.
    Silverrules - I thought about the painted rocker panels but something about them feels strange to me, like uneven w/ the rest of the car and to get it to match you'd have to paint the bottom of the front spoiler and back too and I don't like that look.
    CuriousOne - Thanks. I bet by the time the turbo cab comes out the illuminated CF sills will be available. Cool that you were able to get them. I know what you're referring to about the cost of the options being more than the total cost of your first car. The cost of ONE option the PCCB's is 6 times the cost of my first car.
    OCEAN - Euro delivery would be great.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    The Artic really is such a nice color and I'm loving the ease of keeping it clean.

Quit the PCCB and employ a professional car cleaner instead.

Nah, just kidding.

Because of the Limited Slip Diff I assume this will be a 6-speed.

Dan

997 S Cabriolet 6-speed
    98 Non-Metallic Paint to Sample (3AS Blue Turquoise)(Türkis-Blau)
    06 Natural Leather Brown
    V9 Black Top
    CDZ Gear Lever Trim Leather
    CUC Painted Model Desig Rear Lid
    CUV Storage Cmpt Lid W/Model Logo
    CZD Interior Light Cover Leather
    M6H Brown Floor Mats
    P01L Adaptive Sports Sts Lthr Int
    XCZ Sport Shifter
    XLF Sport Exhaust System
    XMP Lthr Sun Visors Lighted Mirror
    XMZ Rear Center Console - Leather
    XRR 19" Carrera Sport wheel
    XSB Sport Seat Backs in Leather
    XTV Door Finishers Lthr
    267 Self Dimming Mirrors
    342 Heated Front Seats
    446 Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
    450 Ceramic Composite Brakes-PCCB
    451 Makassar Str Whl Multifctn
    482 TPMS
    498 Delete Model Designation
    509 Fire Extinguisher
    550 Hard Top
    640 Sport Chrono Package Plus
    672 Extended Nav Module
    680 Bose High End Sound Package
    692 Remote CD Changer
    801 Makassar Package
    TD5 Tourist Delivery (13 June 06)

Very nice specs! Still cannot understand why a top-line full leather interior does not have A pillars in leather. On my '04 C4S Cab, the full leather interior is just that, ALL leather (except sunvisors).

Oh well, k-ching k-ching!

I'm confused about this. I thought the A pillar was leather. Under the dual color option is says A,B,C pillar leather but there is a seperate option "XMA" for the A/B pillar and roof in leather.

The package that I listed "DDA" is not for leather on the A pillar (dont think) even though it says A pillar leather it's for:

DDA- Interior package A pillar leather -
    Leather & stitching on the switch panel end - (the edge of the dashboard that you don't see when you close the door)/ ignition lock surround/ mirror attachment point including mirror controls and base.

CAN SOMEONE SHED LIGHT ON THIS ?

Man, cars are cheap in the US. I would have two or three cars if I were in the US!!!! Here in Japan the above 997 Turbo would cost about USD 250,000 and probably USD 10,000 a year to park (as does my car) and at least USD 5,000 a year to insure and the damn fuel is about USD 7.00 a gallon : (

And don't forget the tolls!!!!!! To go 50 - 70 miles it costs approximately USD 40.00 - USD 50.00!!!!

Damn, I am sick of this place!!!!

Sorry for the morning rant!

Did I mention the rip off street parking?? Sorry guys.....

Great sounding car, any dates on when the 997 Turbo cab will be out?

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

Thanks for the advice Rossi. I'm still not certain of the color. I've had Black Porsche's and other black cars & have 2 black suv.'s right now so I'm familiar with the good, the bad and ugly of black. That's why I'm considering Black Metallic. Has anyone had both, black & basalt ? The Artic really is such a nice color and I'm loving the ease of keeping it clean. Dun no, jurys still out. If anyone has basalt turbo pics handy would love to see them. tia~

RC's 997TT is basalt...may want to see those pics...

Rap on basalt is it always looks like a dirty blk car (even when clean)...from ones I've seen live, would agree w/that criticism...

Meteor seems intriguing; haven't seen it live, but does it have that lavender nonsense esp seen in sunlight (as w/seal)?

May want to consider GT silver vs arctic...saw two live and side-by-side (997TT in GT silver and 997S in arctic) and IMO GT silver was far more interesting....esp in context of 997TT's polished wheels....

BTW, I noticed MB intro'd a new nanotech-based paint on '07 S-Class that allegedly reduces risk of swirls/microabrasions....anyone know if this tech actually works?...and if P has adopted this paint tech into 997TT??

I would agree 100% all my p's and bmw's were flat/jet black
    my brother-in-law had a basalt black C4, even when clean it still looked dirty, one bonus much less swirl marks.

go for black or artic, or GT/polar since you are ringing up the $ options anyway.

Stradale, you should see Atlas grey in person before you decide.

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:

RC's 997TT is basalt...may want to see those pics...

Rap on basalt is it always looks like a dirty blk car (even when clean)...from ones I've seen live, would agree w/that criticism...

Meteor seems intriguing; haven't seen it live, but does it have that lavender nonsense esp seen in sunlight (as w/seal)?

May want to consider GT silver vs arctic...saw two live and side-by-side (997TT in GT silver and 997S in arctic) and IMO GT silver was far more interesting....esp in context of 997TT's polished wheels....

BTW, I noticed MB intro'd a new nanotech-based paint on '07 S-Class that allegedly reduces risk of swirls/microabrasions....anyone know if this tech actually works?...and if P has adopted this paint tech into 997TT??

Thanks, I've thought about GT-Silver but saw a GT-Silver 997 parked next to an Artic 997 outside at my dealer right before I ordered my 997 S cab and to my eyes the Artic was nicer, more silver where the GT-Silver looked too grey for my tastes, that's why I selected Artic. I also like that it appears to be Porsche's flagship/classic color. It's such a subjective conclusion, I mean everyone has their personal likes & dislikes, to me Artic looks more high-tech when paired w/ a black interior & it more closely resembles and matches the Alum look color interior pieces like the door handles etc. I can see what you're saying about the basalt. It is metallic black but doesn't have the reflective qualities of black. Ferrari makes an incredible black metallic, think they call it daytona, wish Porsche had something like that. I'll have to see Meteor in person before ordering I think but from the pics someone here posted of it so far I'm not a fan, I just don't like the grey/ dark grey's. imo Artic is the only real silver Porsche has w/ GT-Silver being the closest to being a silver. Dun no, if I had to decide today guess I'd stick w/ the Artic.

btw: Would love to see an Artic/black int. cabriolet w/ Alum look seat backs if anyone has pics. I'm thinking of this combo but haven't seen any pics or seen it in person yet.

A beautiful spec Stradale, but I wonder about one thing:

By the time the TTCab comes out, will the powerkit be available? If so, will it be for Cabs, because your spec seems to be of the utmost and the powerkit might be to your liking

Quote:
    Hurst said:
    A beautiful spec Stradale, but I wonder about one thing:

By the time the TTCab comes out, will the powerkit be available? If so, will it be for Cabs, because your spec seems to be of the utmost and the powerkit might be to your liking

I've thought about waiting for the S version but I'm not going to. How much $ was the power-kit for the 996 turbo?

Haven't posted in awhile so excuse me if I have you confused with someone else Stradale, but I recall in a long ago previous post you said you were done with black? What brought on the change of heart of considering basically a triple black cab? That beautiful contrast of the basalt and PCCB's? I have a triple black (solid black) cab S, and I tell you the upkeep is wearing on me... I love the specs, it'll be a beauty either way.

Crazy prices. After owning a 997 Cab I have to go Cab from this point on. Well I would like to go Cab from this point on. Now 131K base for a 997TT Cab. What is a poor man to do

Quote:
    greggr107 said:
    Haven't posted in awhile so excuse me if I have you confused with someone else Stradale, but I recall in a long ago previous post you said you were done with black? What brought on the change of heart of considering basically a triple black cab? That beautiful contrast of the basalt and PCCB's? I have a triple black (solid black) cab S, and I tell you the upkeep is wearing on me... I love the specs, it'll be a beauty either way.

Thanks. No that was me, you're right, I am done w/ black but I was considering basalt. Probably wont do it I really like Artic the best but was knocking around the idea. Yeah, completely know where you're coming from regarding the black upkeep.

Quote:
    bstew said:
    Crazy prices. After owning a 997 Cab I have to go Cab from this point on. Well I would like to go Cab from this point on. Now 131K base for a 997TT Cab. What is a poor man to do

Do what I did,--just order the Carrera S Cab but load it up a ton. I ultimately no longer have a need for turbo speeds and am only missing out on about a 10 mph top end,--which neither of us will get to miss much in the USA...

Dan

Quote:
    Dan L said:
    Quote:
    bstew said:

Do what I did,--just order the Carrera S Cab but load it up a ton. I ultimately no longer have a need for turbo speeds and am only missing out on about a 10 mph top end,--which neither of us will get to miss much in the USA...

Dan

Dan you are spot on. I think my next Porsche will be a C2S Cab w/X51.

Quote:
    bstew said:
    Quote:
    Dan L said:
    Quote:
    bstew said:

Dan

By the time you're done w/ must have options(sport chrono, seats, bose, full leather etc.) on a X51 cabriolet car you're close to a turbo cab price that has some of those options (full leather, bose, etc.)

I rather have a single option (sport chrono) turbo cabriolet (approx. $133k)then a loaded X51 997 S cabriolet (approx. $120k)................ Just turbo!

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    bstew said:
    Quote:
    Dan L said:
    Quote:
    bstew said:

Dan

By the time you're done w/ must have options(sport chrono, seats, bose, full leather etc.) on a X51 cabriolet car you're close to a turbo cab price that has some of those options (full leather, bose, etc.)

I rather have a single option (sport chrono) turbo cabriolet (approx. $133k)then a loaded X51 997 S cabriolet (approx. $120k)................ Just turbo!

Ditto
    Besides, your resale with the X51 997 would be even worse. Just an estimate, but the turbo's standard fare costs roughly $6-8k in options on the n/a car.

But not all of us want to drive a turbo. I want something stealthier! (I drove a turbo for over 10 years). Just too much power.

Dan :-)

I wish X-51 power was standard

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM