Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: HOT: Pictures of 997 Facelift!!!!

Regarding this bit about when will it be released: fall 07 or winter/spring 08 like the Cayenne facelift, all I can say is why would Porsche wait (unless it wasn't ready)? The faster they come out with it, the more sales they will have. And as far as people that just ordered 997's, a) it is going to happen sometime, and Porsche will never announce it until the last minute to retain sales of current stock, and b) for the enthusiasts like us, the pics have been on the internet for a year now. It does stink for those that just bought Targa's though.

also, while the "face lift" will be cosmetic and mechanical -- the 996 started out with 296HP and "grew" to 320HP. At a minimum, Porsche needs to come out with LEDs right away -- they are a great safety feature in my opinion -- they are so much more visible in the fog/at night, etc. and now even basic Toyotas and Honda's have them (that cost a fraction of what the 997 does). How can sports cars that generally cost 80 grand plus not have LED brake lights (excluding the third light of course). in my opinion it's years over due.

i'm curious how they're going to resolve this for the 997TT -- will they change the design of that too? my guess is that we'll also see advances like active headlights etc. that we see on BMWs that cost (approx) half the price.

Oh my god,

Adaptive headlights?

surely hope you're wrong, it's still supposed to be a sports-cars.
    If they wanna keep the weight low, I don't think they will add those Merc & Bmw features...

what's next?
    Airconditioned seats? Hud displays? Automatic Breaking?

Quote:
    loe said:
    Oh my god,

Adaptive headlights?

If they wanna keep the weight low, I don't think they will add those Merc & Bmw features...

what's next?

i wouldnt mind adaptive headlights and a HUD. helps on twisties!

i spoke to 3 different uk OPC dealers last week -

1st said facelift perhaps later this year
    2nd said next spring
    3rd said next spring

Quote:
    spader said:
    i spoke to 3 different uk OPC dealers last week -

1st said facelift perhaps later this year
    2nd said next spring
    3rd said next spring

I would take what dealers tell you with a grain of salt.
    Most are very ignorant people and their main source of info is forums like this one.

i agree with you, infact the dealers will be the last to know - they will be kept quiet to shift as many mk1's as they vcan. that said these were comments from porsche employees, interesting 2 said spring 2008.

Quote:
    spader said:
    i agree with you, infact the dealers will be the last to know - they will be kept quiet to shift as many mk1's as they vcan. that said these were comments from porsche employees, interesting 2 said spring 2008.

Another interesting info may be, that the dealer I talked to said that he would keep the stock of current 997 low...

Quote:
    loe said:
    Oh my god,

Adaptive headlights?

what's next?

I'm almost with you, but a kind of automatic brakes are already in action in the new 997 4WD models (Carrera 4 / 4S and the Targas) and if you mean with a "Hud display" a head-up-display, I would think, that would be great thing even for a sportscar like a 911, without adding much weight to the car. Porsche kept and still keeps the weight low, and that is, what makes the difference between a sportive MB, BMW or Audi to the 911.

Greetings

Guys - more news and very very reliable. The new 997 will come in Autumn 2008. Thats what a part supplier was telling me which works in sells. He is in direct touch to the purchasing organization as well as to the development area of Porsche. So I guess the official Version of the magazines will come true.

Are you ready to bet on this 911 for 911. The facelift is this year I can assure you

Same as I heared from my dealer, it's more then a year away still...

so yes I took the plunge

Phoenix_911,

If you would buy a 430/gallardo would you mind not having abd, hud, led's and non essentiall stuff like that?
    I don't mind them offering it as an option, but the car should not be cluttered with it in standard form

disclaimer: I mentionend 430/gallardo, this is an example, by no means I'm trying to compare those cars with a 911, but I hope you catch my drift. A 911 is a drivers tool , not a merc SL500 and as such doesn't need these gizmo's...

Now the cupholders, that's another story

Well what do dealers know? For this year's Frankfurt show my dealer here in Germany reckons Turbo Cabrio and GT2 will launch (obvious really)and the 997 facelift in 2008 for 2009 model year. The press statement earlier this year stating 'all Porsche models, starting as early as next year, will comply with the strict EU5 emission standards applicable as of September 2009,' seems to me to suggest that the DI engines for the rest of the range will be next year not this year which would tie in with April pre-production for full prodcution after next summer's holiday.

But....having said that I'm just waiting a little longer to order my next 911 just to be sure . I want an X51 S this time but I would hate to pay the money only to find 3 months later a 375ps S model is available.

Quote:
    ITALOKOKO said:
    Are you ready to bet on this 911 for 911. The facelift is this year I can assure you

I agree. It will come this year unless they have problems with PDK stuff.

They need new products soon the sales are plumething at the present time. As much as they claim they've sold so many cars and so forth their figures are to the dealers not the end users.

Next time I take my camera to take a shot of one of the dealers in Houston their lots are full with 911 and caymans.

They need something new soon.

Quote:
    ITALOKOKO said:

Are you really comfortable enough with your position to make that bet? Kind of like putting $90,000 down on black at the roulette table.

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:

Is it hooked on PDK at all?

Nothing prevents Porsche to do the facelift plus DI-engines now and the PDK later...

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:

Is it hooked on PDK at all?

Nothing prevents Porsche to do the facelift plus DI-engines now and the PDK later...

True.

I'm lost. I have appointment with my dealer tomorrow to agree upon a contract on a 997 S convertible. I have a 996 facelift now and the leasing is running out in 10 weeks. My dealer could get me a 997 S ordered and delivered within those 10 weeks.
    Should I wait?

_FX

I've just ordered my facelift and have been assured Sept 2007 del.

Quote:
    reddii said:

Don't want to be the messanger of bad news. However, it is nearly certain that there will be no FL available in September 2007. The IAA takes place in September. This should be the earliest point in time to show the FL to the public. Thus, customer deliveries in September are extremely unlikely...

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    reddii said:

Don't want to be the messanger of bad news. However, it is nearly certain that there will be no FL available in September 2007. The IAA takes place in September. This should be the earliest point in time to show the FL to the public. Thus, customer deliveries in September are extremely unlikely...

If the September delivery will be delayed by only four weeks, that will make a very comfortable appearance of the FL at the customers in October.

Quote:
    loe said:
    Oh my god,

Adaptive headlights?

what's next?

I don't see a contradiction on adaptive headlights on a sports car. They would be quite handy where I live in the hills with lots of twisty roads which are very dark at night. I would get them if available.

David

Quote:
    DavidSF said:
    Quote:
    loe said:
    Oh my god,

Adaptive headlights?

what's next?

I don't see a contradiction on adaptive headlights on a sports car. They would be quite handy where I live in the hills with lots of twisty roads which are very dark at night. I would get them if available.

David

As long as these new technologies don't add too much weight, I have no problem to have them in a sports car.

Redii it seems only the UK Porsche owners believe that the facelift will be in Sept 07, many of the north american dealers always mistake my08 (2007) with 2008 release. Lets be frank sales have plummeted at Porsche, the 911 needs to take on new blood to keep up with the competition.Always put this in mind Porsche will always take care of number 1 which is themselves and not the customers, customers are always number 2.If sales are down there is nothing like tradition or this is the sequence of release based on previous releases. If they loose money, they will be accountable to the shareholders and not customers, so forget tradition, forgot previous mode of releases, it's all about getting the sales up !

A salesmen from Woodland Hills Porsche (California) just called me and advised he currently has 4 alocations of 2008 997's. He told me the power has been increased (25 additional HP). I asked him about torque, lights, etc, he's said he'll call back with additional info. For what its worth??

so does the GT3 get an extra 25HP too?

Quote:
    996cal said:
    so does the GT3 get an extra 25HP too?

I highly doubt it. I think the GT3 (as well as the turbo and GT2) won't change at all. Even if the Carrera S will get the predicted power hike up to 390 hp the difference between the S and the GT3 will still be more than enough.

Correction, I just recieved a call from my salesmen at Hennesey Porsche in Ga, where I have a 997 on order for 2008, they just recieved there first allocation for 2008 and he said there are no changes currently. The gentlemen at Hennesey is significantly more reliable then the salesmen I spoke with in Ca. Sorry about the potential misinformation.

Quote:
    Drewes said:
    Correction, I just recieved a call from my salesmen at Hennesey Porsche in Ga, where I have a 997 on order for 2008, they just recieved there first allocation for 2008 and he said there are no changes currently. The gentlemen at Hennesey is significantly more reliable then the salesmen I spoke with in Ca. Sorry about the potential misinformation.

I'd be very careful. I am pretty sure that there are no MY2008 allocations available yet. We will know about the facelift/HP increase before the sales people do. They typically don't know Sxxx! I will wager that there will be a facelift for MY2008 and that the increase in HP will not be 25. Porsche will not be that generous.

My dealer said the FL will NOT increase the hp.....

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762377 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435326 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260500 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257550 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80945 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5321 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872235 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807603 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM