Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

BMW M6 crashed in Ljubljana, Slovenia

Happened yesterday in Ljubljana, Slovenia. Both driver and passenger are OK. Driver was too fast out of the corner and hit a tree. Maybe Crash has little bit more info...

Re: BMW M6 crashed in Ljubljana, Slovenia

Wow, any info on what speed they hit the tree at?

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Happened yesterday in Ljubljana, Slovenia. Both driver and passenger are OK. Driver was too fast out of the corner and hit a tree. Maybe Crash has little bit more info...

Saw this car four days ago, parked in front of my house. The street in question is limited to 50 km/h, but one can drive over 80 km/h quite comfortably. I suspect this was another guy with more money than brains.

The only problem with that road is that the asphalt can get very slippery in the wet. They were still removing oil stains at 7 AM yesterday.
    The accident itself took place at about 8.15 PM Thursday.
    Apparently, the driver wasn't the owner, but a friend of his (not anaymore, I suspect ). He called the police and told them there was a minor accident. Imagine the disbelief when the police showed up. He then proceeded to tell them that it was nothing, just a few dents.
    There is a T-shaped intersection to the left of the picture, where another street connects to the one, seen on the picture. The guy turned left at way too much speed and lost control, sending the car into a tree and then sliding uncontrollably further down the street. Doesn't surprise me, really.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Apparently, the driver wasn't the owner, but a friend of his (not anaymore, I suspect ).

Was the driver called Dietrich?

Impressive wreck. Fortunately, it was a mere flesh wound!

Quote:
    The Groom said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Apparently, the driver wasn't the owner, but a friend of his (not anaymore, I suspect ).

Was the driver called Dietrich?

Impressive wreck. Fortunately, it was a mere flesh wound!

I'd hate to have you as an insurance agent. "So? The engine and the front end are wrecked, the airbags are gone and the frame is bent. But not to worry! Nothing a bit of touch up paint can't help!"

Don't worry, it'll end up on some Carmax dealership and find an unsuspecting second owner! Truly a bargain!

Actually, I meant it was fortunate that nobody was seriously hurt. No, the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail wasn't driving.

Quote:
    The Groom said:
    Don't worry, it'll end up on some Carmax dealership and find an unsuspecting second owner! Truly a bargain!

Actually, I meant it was fortunate that nobody was seriously hurt. No, the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail wasn't driving.

Yeah, lucky for him he wasn't behind te wheel. The only thing left to take off would be his head !

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Saw this car four days ago, parked in front of my house. The street in question is limited to 50 km/h, but one can drive over 80 km/h quite comfortably. I suspect this was another guy with more money than brains.

Crash,

I ahve always wondered where Timbuktu is??

Now I know it's in Slovenia....

LOL

Quote:
    Larry Oootzzzz said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Crash,

LOL

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Larry Oootzzzz said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Crash,

LOL

Now I know too! I thought it was in Australia cos it's a native Aboriginal name down-under

No, it was a joke. However, I'd name many EU countries' traffic policies as Timbuktuesque .

Quote:
    Crash said:
    No, it was a joke. However, I'd name many EU countries' traffic policies as Timbuktuesque .

Crash,

No Wucken Furries..

I was always surprised that you guys had even heard of a place such as Timbucktu??

Quote:
    Larry Oootzzzz said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

Crash,

No Wucken Furries..

I was always surprised that you guys had even heard of a place such as Timbucktu??

You'd be surprised by the amount of education most people in the Slavic countries get in schools. Too bad the western idiocy model is taking over, with people watching Big Brother and Jackass, instead of reading books .

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Larry Oootzzzz said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

Crash,

No Wucken Furries..

You'd be surprised by the amount of education most people in the Slavic countries get in schools. Too bad the western idiocy model is taking over, with people watching Big Brother and Jackass, instead of reading books .

Well, you don't have to watch it if you don't want to.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Larry Oootzzzz said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

Crash,

No Wucken Furries..

I don't. However, how do you stop a 7-year-old kid from watching such nonsense, when his parents are out working all day and the TV stations play this bull?

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Larry Oootzzzz said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

Crash,

No Wucken Furries..

I don't. However, how do you stop a 7-year-old kid from watching such nonsense, when his parents are out working all day and the TV stations play this bull?

Don't buy him a television in his room and hide the remote control of the big TV in the living room.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Larry Oootzzzz said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

Crash,

No Wucken Furries..

Don't buy him a television in his room and hide the remote control of the big TV in the living room.

Well, that isn't yet my problem, thankfully. However, it is disturbing when seeing some of these kids. You ask some of them about literature, they have no clue. You ask them about Jackass, they can tell you everything about it. I'd say that the average education level has dropped drastically in the last ten years and is now more akin to the other western countries (which means an idiotic population on average).

Getting Back to Timbuktu!

I though that it was just wierd you knew where it was.

I don't suppose you know what a Jum Buck is??

Quote:
    Larry Oootzzzz said:
    Getting Back to Timbuktu!

I though that it was just wierd you knew where it was.

I don't suppose you know what a Jum Buck is??

I think it's a lubricant, or prevents corrosion, if memory serves me right.

or a sheep according to wikipedia?

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    or a sheep according to wilkepedia?

Yeah, it would make sense. Being a buck . I really should go down under sometime. 12" spiders, poisonous snakes, fish that can eat you... And sheep that are named after a lubricant . Better than Disneyland .

OK guys, more about the M6:
    The driver turned off all the electronic stability gizmos.Coming out of a left turn, he applied way too much power, which sent the car out of control, onto the other side of the road, hitting a tree with its front end, spinning by 360* and hitting the next tree down the road, which spun it by another 180*. The curb tore away the passenger-side rear wheel, before hitting the second tree. The car cost 117.000 EUR here and there are 80.000 EUR worth of damage !
    And, by the way, all the trees are planted on the sidewalk, not on road level, so this guy came a-flying!

Accident site

6 airbags were deployed

Nothing a bit of touch-up paint couldn't fix

Hans Joachim Stück (aka The Driver)

It's 19-25yo kids that do this sort of thing in their V8's down here too commonly, spinning their front wheels front heavy in the wet and completely losing control as they stomp on it out of a corner... seen it too many times unfortunately. But the guy in the pic(allegedly the driver) looks like he's had a few years of driving..Why? Why? i wonder.

Quote:
    charliepug said:
    It's 19-25yo kids that do this sort of thing in their V8's down here too commonly, spinning their front wheels front heavy in the wet and completely losing control as they stomp on it out of a corner... seen it too many times unfortunately. But the guy in the pic(allegedly the driver) looks like he's had a few years of driving..Why? Why? i wonder.

Enthusiasm. And the fact that a 500 horsepower car isn't a 75 horsepower Fiat Punto .

I remember talking about this at BMW M Driving school. Somehow it is a natural reaction to floor the throttle for an inexperienced driver in a panic situation. I don't understand the reason behind this but seen a few people on skidpad with their foot heavily on the floor keep spinning the car until the instructor turns the ignition off.

Quote:
    Jean said:
    I remember talking about this at BMW M Driving school. Somehow it is a natural reaction to floor the throttle for an inexperienced driver in a panic situation. I don't understand the reason behind this but seen a few people on skidpad with their foot heavily on the floor keep spinning the car until the instructor turns the ignition off.

Oh, yes! I was in a car with a classmate of mine, who just got his drivers' license. He floored it from a standstill towards a corner, took it at full throttle, slid sideways, took the tire off the rim on the curb, slid across the road, up the curb, smashing his tireless rear passenger-side rim to bits, continuing to slide sideways on the grass, tearing down a small tree with my door and finally stopping just 12 inches in front of a wall. All this time he kept his right foot planted, only remembering to brake when he saw a wall heading our way. Me and my friend yelling at him to brake didn't do much good . He could've gotten away unscathed, by just applying the brakes when the car started sliding, but I guess he had something to prove.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776790 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441547 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262694 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260836 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85105 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5514 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880547 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815680 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM