Crown

Board: Porsche - Macan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Porsche Macan GTS: A Little More Power, A Little More Style

If the ECU flash is from the factory or dealer recommended, why not. I actually upgraded my V8 Roadster at the dealer with the factory tune at the time for the 4.3l engine, zero issues whatsoever. But Porsche doesn't really offer that...

Auto Motor and Sport (Swedish version) had a short review of Macan GTS in the latest issue. They really liked it and specially commented about the sound. They thought that the Macan GTS PSE sounded even better than the 991.2 with PSE that they did drive the same day. Quite interesting observation.

Lukas:

Auto Motor and Sport (Swedish version) had a short review of Macan GTS in the latest issue. They really liked it and specially commented about the sound. They thought that the Macan GTS PSE sounded even better than the 991.2 with PSE that they did drive the same day. Quite interesting observation.

Quite interesting but weird since I know both sounds. Smiley The Macan GTS sounds louder in the interior...maybe (not even sure about that) but from the outside, the Macan GTS sounds like the current Turbo with PSE,  a tiny bit more aggressive maybe but just the interior sound is much better and the exhaust blips may be a bit more evident. And the Macan Turbo with PSE doesn't really sound as good as the 991.2 Carrera S with PSE from the outside, not even close, it has a deeper tone and isn't even close to the typical 911 sound (which would be weird for a SUV).

Of course the Macan GTS (this is valid for the Turbo with PSE as well) sounds much better than 99% of the SUVs in it's market segment out there, so... I can see why car journalists are getting easily excited with the Macan GTS. Smiley 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Anyone who have some more technical details regarding the chassie changes on the Macan GTS compared to S/Turbo? Would be interesting to know if there are any hardware changes apart from that the springs are lower and that the PASM has been tweaked for a sportier setup (whatever that means)?

Would also be interesting if there are other tweaks to the Air Suspension?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Re: OFFICIAL: Porsche Macan GTS - A Little More Power, A Little More Style

Removed: SPAM.

Admin edit: You just have been banned!

Have a nice day.

@ Super Darius    I'm in for this Macan.blush  Delivery  in March.wink

...and kiss to all who are about to  collect a Macan GTS! 

I am also in for this Macan...and getting very excited already...delivery not until 5/31.  crying   ...but then again the anticipation is half the fun, right?  blush      

Porsche Code:  PH656ZL6   ...lock in date 2/14...Happy Valentines day to me! smiley

I am anxious to hear your GTS review Darius...so please post for us soon after your delivery!  

wink

doug1950:

@ Super Darius    I'm in for this Macan.blush  Delivery  in March.wink

...and kiss to all who are about to  collect a Macan GTS! 

I am also in for this Macan...and getting very excited already...delivery not until 5/31.  crying   ...but then again the anticipation is half the fun, right?  blush      

Porsche Code:  PH656ZL6   ...lock in date 2/14...Happy Valentines day to me! smiley

I am anxious to hear your GTS review Darius...so please post for us soon after your delivery!  

wink

Nice spec doug! More or less identical to mine Smiley. Look earlier in this thread and you can see my posted GTS spec. Will take delivery by end of march Smiley

@ Lukas  Thanks!  Your spec is great...love the Volcano Grey with the Platinum Satin wheels! kiss   

I have read nothing but great reviews about the GTS!  ...and you are lucky...only six weeks to go! blush    Please post photos and first impressions when you take delivery Lukas!   wink

Thanks Doug! The GTS seems to be a nice package. Really looking forward to take the delivery. Will of course post pictures and some driving impression when it arrives blush

In the meantime, here is a Macan Diesel in Volcano Grey with 21" Classics. Love it!

Thanks for the pic Lukas! ...looks fantastic!!  kiss   Perfect!  wink

Imo the Macan's design really benefits from sitting gin big wheels. It really brings the whole shape of the car together. 

Enmanuel:

Imo the Macan's design really benefits from sitting gin big wheels. It really brings the whole shape of the car together. 

Smiley I agree, thanks E!   ...and can't wait to see the GTS package sitting down on the Classics.  

Smiley

Prior Design Porsche Macan PD600M Widebody

I know this is not everyone's cup of tea, but I really like this.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/news/prior-design-porsche-macan-pd600m-widebody-8637120.html

Never ever... enlightened

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

as ugly as Gemballa

--

AM

Much, much better than Gemballa to my eyes.

RC:

Maybe if it was black and had black wheels...?Smiley

not usually a fan of aftermarket addenda, but I like !!

the lowered stance makes a real difference

Spyderidol:
    RC:

Maybe if it was black and had black wheels...?Smiley

You know me well... Smiley but no, not even in black with black wheels. Too much. 

I like SUVs in their original look but with monster engines. Almost bought myself a used Dodge Ram SRT 10 with little mileage a year ago, car was "only" 30k EUR and in perfect shape. My Jeep dealer had the car as a collectible but needed the room for new toys, so he wanted to get rid of it and he knew I would take good care of it. Tempting offer (because of the engine) but this wasn't exactly the type of car I was looking for. If this would have been a SUV, I would have taken the offer for sure. The V10 engine from the Viper is amazing.

--

As sfo mentioned, I too am not usually a fan of aftermarket kits, but I think this one is very nice indeed. It doesn't have weird shaped aero foils (like Gemballa's products) . They have widened the car's track and have tastefully done the wheel arches. Also the lowered stance really adds to the car. I love the color, although I actually think that this car in black (with an extra coat of clear) would look very nice indeed. Of course, the writing on it would have to go.

That kit looks terrible, very after market...

mail     Sorry, but really....that  thing is soooo BUTT UGGGLY!!   mail

@ Lukas    Nice spec doug! More or less identical to mine Smiley. Look earlier in this thread and you can see my posted GTS spec. Will take delivery by end of march Smiley

Have you taken delivery yet?  I'm anxious to see pics and hear your impressions.    wink

i have taken delivery of macan gts for family and dogs whilst i keep my targa mayfair.

i can report that its an incredible package.

not to be compared with a 991.1 but incredible none the less.

positives and negatives of turbo.

rides brilliantly.

wife likes economy so quiet and supple ride.

i can sport with exhaust so more enjoyable for me.

apple car play is a disaster and i love apple products.

right now waze is the most useful app and you can't use apps in apple play so frankly, i can't see the value for music and contacts which you have without car play.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691065 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410186 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256236 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235422 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65750 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4746 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858827 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775134 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM