Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

997 colors... what is the best match?

Its down to the finally process figuring out what colors to get my 997s

I want something a little different than black/black silver/black even tho they are both great combinations. I love these colors on the f430, but porsche doesnt make that kind of red for the interior so i was thinging of doing the interior sample color, has anyone done that option before? And out of all the "greys" for an exterior color which of porsche's "greys" matches the best with this.

Re: 997 colors... what is the best match?

i previously had a porsche with "boxster" red interior that i thought looked very nice, not as garish as terra cota. imo meteor would look good with this interior, and perhaps a little cf

I think prob, Slate Gray. Its lighter than this ferrari gray but darker than Seal gray. Or you could do metallic black which is not gray but simualar to the color above.

Slate would be closest. Slate grey being a $3,070. option, you could spend only an extra ~$1K over that ($4,350.) and have Porsche also do color-to-sample exterior in Ferrari Grigio Silverstone metallic as pictured in your first post.

You'll wait a couple extra months for an interior-to-sample leather color, I'd do the same for the exterior...that would be one stunning 997!

to pay a premium for slate grey I would spend
    a little more a get the exact color you like.
    IMHO Eddy

I MUST SAY...go for the COCOA interior!!!

There is just too many exterior colors I like at the moment!

Plan on adding 3-6 months for an interior of Leather To Sample,--if they concur that the color chosen can be done.

Dan
    06 997S Turquoise Blue w/natural Brown leather

wow, really that long?

I have always thought 2 tone sample leather - burgundy with a black top to the dash. Then you could have Meteor, Slate or colour to sample as the Pounds$ permit

Quote:
    Kozzoloz said:
    wow, really that long?

Really,--that long. Porsche is geared today toward cranking out 150 911s a day now with two shifts. Everytime they slow down to do something special,--like a paint or a leather to sample, it interrupts their process. The cost to do this special stuff essentially (just barely) offsets the cost to Porsche to do the special handling.

I applaud you for going with something unique. Someday we may be unable to order this way.

Dan

Look at your home. Are you a minimalist? Do you like lots of stuff, but everything is orderly nevertheless? Is everything thrown together, doesn't look that great, but everything is at hand?

Reason I mention this is because I see the 997 interior as incredibly bizzy! There's a lots and lots of volumes, shapes, textures, lines, trim, panels, grilles, stitching..., stuff going everywhich way.

So, if your taste is for "order and simplicity" the only color choice for toning down all this stuff going on is black.

Visually speaking the interior simply does not hold itself together very neatly and cleanly in the lighter colors.

that was on my mind mmd, i was thinking maybe two-tone, or something, but there would be so much red, and i have waited long enough, i dont think i could wait a extra 3-6 months... gt silver / black it is... it was a nice idea thx for the info everyone.

after looking at some of the more "interesting" colors ie terracotta i thought the black has the sleekest look for this car...i went with seal/black. Although seal grey/cocca is also very nice too. Seal/balck is also safe,classic it is common but it's a no brainer combo

Check out seal grey / Terracotta - Artic Silver / Terracotta

Georges,--are you okay in Beirut? With all the fighting going on I would think this might not be a good to be trying to drive a Porsche through the city...

Quote:
    Dan L said:
    Georges,--are you okay in Beirut? With all the fighting going on I would think this might not be a good to be trying to drive a Porsche through the city...

Dan, thanks a lot for your thoughtful message, you know, Lebanon are passing through hard days with all the fighting going on, but we, Lebanese are all peace-life seekers. The attacks are kind of hitting specific areas of the country... My area is being spared. TV are only showing the aggression part of the country, Lebanon is much more than that. On the other side of it, people are "living"... Concering my porsche, beleive me, it is the best treatment for a depressing and sad day; the only moment I have a smile on my face is behind the wheel. Everyday I hit the roads, try to forget a bit what's going on and hope for better days... And I beleive that those days are coming soon... Very soon

I hate to say it but it's kind of a relief actually, as an American, I'm starting to see that the USA/Isreel are THE cause of all the unrest in the region.

Georges,--glad to hear that you're clear of the hot zone. Unfortunately, Lebanese ARE peace seekers but it won't come back without a fight! Best regards to you and your family.

Dan

Georges, glad to hear that you are okay. Stay safe.

Quote:
    MMD said:
    I hate to say it but it's kind of a relief actually, as an American, I'm starting to see that the USA/Isreel are THE cause of all the unrest in the region.

That's a completely uninformed and, sorry I can put it no other way-- ignorant statement. I've been to the Middle East four times in the last three years...six different countries... several months total.....how about you? Sounds like you're ingesting too much LA Times, CNN, NPR.

Damian,--me too. I can't say how much time I have in the M.E. and most Americans don't understand the situation.

Dan

Many thanks for all of you guys! I hope that a permanent cease-fire and a definitive peace settlement be implemented into the region. I'll make sure to invite you, from all the corners of the world, to my beautiful country and enjoy life all together!

Quote:
    MMD said:

If a poll is made in the Arab world, the overwhelming majority would agree with MMD.

George, best of luck to all in the middle east.

If a poll is made in the Arab world, the overwhelming majority would agree with MMD.

And if a poll were taken in the USA an overwhelming majority of informed US citizens would say the Arab world is the cause of all of the trouble! And just where did the terrorists come from?

Dont' go there with your Arab poll BS. Where'd all the terrorists come from that attacked our country?

And you MMD--exercise your "right" of choice. Move out of our country if you dislike it so much. Oh, you forgot to mention in your post what branch of the military you served in.

Quote:
    uzj100 said:
    And if a poll were taken in the USA an overwhelming majority of informed US citizens would say the Arab world is the cause of all of the trouble! And just where did the terrorists come from?

Dont' go there with your Arab poll BS. Where'd all the terrorists come from that attacked our country?

From New York State and Michigan. I might have missed it, but I don't remember a military strike on California on grounds that two fringe lunatic blue-staters blew up a public building in Oklahoma City...

I know this is bordering on an outright threadjack but this nonsense cannot be allowed to fly. Where did all the soldiers come from that were occupying parts of Saudi Arabia long before 9/11? Where did all the planes and helicopters come from that are bombing the Lebanon today?

Let's turn the tables a bit. I think we'll both agree that the Hiroshima and Nagazaki bombings were horrible. But would you say they were unprovoked? I don't think so.

Osama bin Laden has no difficulty finding a large audience because the reason he gives for his war on America is the bare, shocking truth: we actually shot first.

I hope for a peaceful settlement (wish you the best, Dimitri), but I'm afraid this is not going to happen before we realize that we are part of the problem, too.

Quote:
    The Groom said:
    Quote:
    uzj100 said:

From New York State and Michigan. I might have missed it, but I don't remember a military strike on California on grounds that two fringe lunatic blue-staters blew up a public building in Oklahoma City...

I know this is bordering on an outright threadjack but this nonsense cannot be allowed to fly. Where did all the soldiers come from that were occupying parts of Saudi Arabia long before 9/11?

Wow, short memories. Okay- let's go back to the 1990's....Where do you think Saddam Hussein was headed after Kuwait if our forces (myself included) hadn't intervened? I will tell you-- Saudi Arabia!!! Conveniently forgotten... No, we are not perfect. There are NO winners in this current fight that started July 12. But I won't stand by while someone impugns the entire US like we're the focus of evil in the world. I suppose our downfall is that we try to help everybody!!!...which comes back to bite when factions turn against each other and when radicals with destructive intentions take control of their own civilian populations.

Sorry, fellas. Rant over...blood pressure retreating to 110/75 ....check out this midnight blue with natural brown....another stunning color combo. Click this...Midnight Blue/ Natty brown web post

I have to agree also with MMD. The fact of the matter is that all these countries/political groups/terrorist, which are all completely different in opinions and actions, are all trying to achieve the best situations for them self and there people. Not in anyway am i excusing or agreeing any horrific actions that takes lives of innocent people, but negative perspective of the US is a reaction to some type of oppression, neglect, or lack of support. The US being so supportive of Israeli in many cases, neglects the interests of the surrounding countries, which frustrates and angers them all. Yes were are the most powerful and influential country in the world, but the issue manly lies when those powers and influences are occasionally used not for not the right reasons, but more so for political resons. I completely support the United States, 100%, but the negative reaction and opinions of us will not change until we act fare to those countries rather than trying to push our opinions on them.

As far as Lebanon, sees fire is the only way anything good can happen. But Israel does not want to do it due to the treat of Hesballa. It is understandable yet biest why the US is agreeing, the Israeli government is thinking of the security of there people but what the US does not realize is that it is at the expense of the innocent Lebanese citizens that are dieing.

i don't see any purpose in discussing politics on rennteam. there are lots of sites devoted to politics. let's get back to porsches!

Quote:
    Damian said:
    Wow, short memories. Okay- let's go back to the 1990's....Where do you think Saddam Hussein was headed after Kuwait if our forces (myself included) hadn't intervened? I will tell you-- Saudi Arabia!!! Conveniently forgotten...

I suppose our downfall is that we try to help everybody!!!...

I appreciate President G.H. Bush's utmost attention to the well-being of Saudi citizens, but I somehow think he cared more about the stability of the United States's oil supply.

Which is his primary mission as Chief of State if you ask me. Being nice and caring to foreigners overseas should only come as a bonus as far as the POTUS's mandate is considered. It happens to be sound tactics, though.

On the other hand, I as an adult appreciate being told the real reasons, rather than the usual pretext they might give on Faux News to drum up support among soccer moms and emo kids.

Quote:
    Damian said:
    Sorry, fellas. Rant over...blood pressure retreating to 110/75 ....check out this midnight blue with natural brown....another stunning color combo. Click this...Midnight Blue/ Natty brown web post

Now, you're talking!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776736 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441521 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262683 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260821 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85097 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5500 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880529 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815663 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM