Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: New York City Metro - Summer 2006 Gathering

Just a bump -- this trip will be taking place roughly a month from today! For all those new to the board or haven't noticed this thread previously, you are welcome to come along for what's going to be a great weekend

http://nyporsche.blogspot.com

(for more details)

Hey all - with just over two weeks to go until this drive...

Just a reminder to book with Diane if you have not done so already!

Thanks,

AJ

AJ, I am all set! Diane got my fax.

Thanks for all the hard work you have put into this!

Thanks to RC and zzboba, we should have Rennteam exclusive decals (removeable) for our cars when we are out there. I am finalizing the itinerary and will get it out to you by next week.

AJ (and your support team): You are all doing a Super Job, and I (we) all appreciate your hard work.

Can't wait to met y'all.

ITINERARY NOTICE

Hello,

For those of you that are coming please check your e-mail inboxes for a published PDF version of the complete Hamptons Summer Drive Itinerary by 11AM EST today, Friday, July 21st.

If you have trouble viewing it, please PM me and we will resolve any issues.

One week to go!

Thanks,

AJ

Itineraries sent at 10:12 AM EST.

WOW!!!!

AJ, I just took a look at the Summer Drive package and am blown away by how comprehensive a job you've done: driving tours, car-to-car radios, rennteam decals, menus, etc. Amazing! I scarcely can wait for next weekend!

I look forward to meeting you and the other Porsche enthusiasts.

Cheers!

I'm glad the early itinerary response is positive.

AJ... I don't know what to say, except that you are the best!!!

This is a "superb" itinerary!

Can't wait for Friday... It's gonna be fun!

You are all too kind

Just truthful. This was your idea and a damn good one. Beats driving to Montreal and back in one day. ( You can explain that one, AJ)
    Looks like we're all set!

I was able to meet-up with this great group at the first gathering point outside of Manhattan in Nassau County, NY. I was not able to go out further to Montauck Point, NY. Here's a quick shot of the 8 RennTeamers prior to the drive. AJ and his team has done a tremendous job.

What an AMAZING weekend!

I will be back later with a summary/opinion and also pictures of course but right now between gmp and me we have about 500 pictures. Gotta do some editing

Be patient the pictures are worth the wait.

Amazing is an understatement! It was like family members who never met. It was tough to say " good bye". I'm still in a cloud. Incredible associates, great restaurants and a thrilling ride through the back roads of the Hamptons, all perfectly coordinated by A.J.The first thing we did when we arrived home was to download pictures. As they were forwarded to A.J., I won't post.It will be worth the wait for his editing.
    When is the next trip??

great weekend, thanks aj for getting it all together!

Beautiful trip! This is the first time I've done a group drive and it was so well done.

I'm still tickled by the moment we drive by the school with the kids camped outside, calling out and waving as we drive by. There were a few other such heady moments, all made more memorable by the exceptional company of the other participants.

I look forward to the next event and seeing you all again!

AJ, the trip was such a blast! I haven't had this much fun in years. Kudos to you for pulling together a great itinerary. The hotel, the restaurants, the fellow rennteamers, the backroads -- wow -- great job.

Lets do it again next weekend.

GG

AJ, thanks again for a fabulous trip to the Hamptons!
    I discovered places that I never knew before and met lots of new friends that I started missing the second we all went our own ways!
    I really appreciate all the effort you put in to make this such a successful weekend.
    The P-car is all washed now and ready for our next outing! Just say when!

Hello everyone! It's been a busy day even though I had the day off - I can't imagine those of you that had to be at work today. I have so many pictures to sort through (thanks to gmp, nicholas j, and others) that it may take a little longer than I thought to post some pictures up. I will try and have them up as soon as I can. I wanted to chime in on what I thought of the drive...

I think it's pretty safe to assume that this trip met, and in most cases EXCEEDED everybody's expectations (including my own). We were very lucky to have such wonderful weather that served as an ideal complement to our planned itinerary. Our suites were extremely spacious and comfortable and as the Rennteam community will see when the pictures go up, the Montauk Manor did a tremendous job accomodating all of us -- how cool was the Porsche exclusive parking?!

Some thoughts...

The food, as expected, was excellent - especially those of you that ordered the seared foie gras or lobster at East Hampton point... or the shrimp at Gosman's...

The Wolffer Estate wine tasting featured some average/above-average wine but apparently it was good enough to cause more than half of us to buy bottles to bring home! More importantly though, it was the perfect event for everyone to truly get to know each other better.

Doug deserves special mention for his localized tour of the great mansions of the Hamptons - I hope you'll be out there with us longer next time!

How can I forget to mention Mindy and Mark, Rennlisters that joined us (a new Rennteam member, FYI -- mindyopp)? The amazing roads we drove and routes we took can be largely attributed to her recommendations. Without her input, the "drive" in Summer Drive would probably have been 50% less fun. We took the extremely LONG WAY to each of our destinations, but those roads + Porsche = driving nirvana.

Speaking of apologies - I would like to apologize for a few things. The most glaring misstep was a little botch-up of our reservations on Sunday for lunch on Shelter Island. Gladly, we improvised and found a quaint lunch spot instead that would probably be just as good as Sunset Beach. Second, I'm sorry for those of you that were briefly exposed to unnecessary drama/the ex-girlfriend propaganda machine (especially you Capo...can you pro-rate and bill me your gas consumption for tha extra 100lbs you fit in your back seat? ) Third, I am sorry for putting so many miles on your cars - a problem for you leasers and low-mileage car sellers....and lastly, sorry about the weather on Friday evening with the rain shower

Like a sports car's performance is determined by the skill of its driver, this trip's success was determined by the quality and character of its people. Planning such an event has taken months. Although, I took many factors into account there was one I could not research or plan for - and that was our group's chemistry. I have never been in the company of such truly kind, knowledgeable and respectful people. We may have come from different backgrounds, contribute to society in many different ways, and believe in varying ideals and philosophies -- but our passion for Porsche and the people that adore them kept us in the same frame of mind.

I'm sure most of you can still smell the sea, taste the wine, feel the breeze, and hear the boxer-6 engine redline on the road. It was the first massively organized Rennteam event on the East Coast and by the looks of it, far from the last. I received many thanks and gestures of gratitude this past weekend, but I am saving the most important one for last.

Thank you all for making this trip the best it could be. I will not hesitate to travel with any of you on any drive in the future. The trip's strength was in its people, and lucky for me, I had the best group one could ask for.

Here's to Hamptons 2006, and looking forward to Hamptons 2007.

Best Regards,

AJ

PS - Pictures coming soon

Okay here we go with some pictures to start....for those of you on the trip, I will be sending you e-mails with access to the whole albums...just want to wet your appetite for now...will upload more in the next few days.

Feel free to upload your photos as well.

Some pictures of the outside of our castle

Different angle

Announcing our arrival to bystanders

Fine one of the inside...

Porsche exclusive, sealed-off parking!!! Look at the VW on the right side...maybe a prank by the hotel manager?

Some Boxsters.....

Some more Porsches

Wheels

more cars

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776979 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441621 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262740 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260897 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85155 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5543 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880600 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815789 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM