Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: The scan of test results from the corvette site.

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Crash -

You might be amazed at what our own Dr. Phil might be spending the next two weeks driving while in California.

I wont spill the beans ... yet!

Jim, please take care that Dr. Phil does not turn into a traffic light racer during his stay in CA - otherwise he won't be able to appreciate his new 987 S after returning to Europe

Oh its possibly far more amazing than that!

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Crash -

You might be amazed at what our own Dr. Phil might be spending the next two weeks driving while in California.

I wont spill the beans ... yet!

Jim, please take care that Dr. Phil does not turn into a traffic light racer during his stay in CA - otherwise he won't be able to appreciate his new 987 S after returning to Europe

Oh its possibly far more amazing than that!

Come on, spill the beans!

Off topic: Jim, that site I registered to, never sent me a confirmation e-mail .

No beans will be spilled! yet!

lambo???

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    I do recognize you are a tolerant person given you drive a Porsche.

Sure I am, I'll even offer one of the kids' seats in the back to stranded Ferrari drivers I see standing at the roadside.
    I'll admit that is not an everyday event, because for some reason F-drivers don't seem to drive their cars every day.

he he he

If it's not a ZO6, can it be a 599GTB?

Quote:
    KeptMan said:
    I don't know why all the Porsche "Homer's" get mad everytime a magazine differs from what they want it to say. It is pretty evident that The Z06 is the best valued sports car and may have the best performance. The 997Turbo is equal or nearly equal to the Z06 in performance and has much better interior and looks but the AWD system that allows it to provide that performance also makes it feel heavy and less connected to the driver. The F430 makes your blood pressure rise just looking at it. It's performance is slightly a little less than the 997TT and Z06. But all three cars performance #'s are more than adequite for street or track.

If you want an everyday do everything car pick the 997TT.
    If you want the best track car at a great price the Z06 is for you.
    If you have extra money to burn and want the most exciting car to look at with similiar performance to the others purchase the F430. Its looks, performance, and interior make it a car that is raw yet refined.

Each car fits very well into the spectrum of what consumers want. Just as the Porsche guy doesn't want a Corvette regardless of the performance #'s. The person who can readily afford a F430 for the going price gets something that the 997TT just doesn't provide. A feeling of RAW performance with refinement and looks that is hard to match.

Good post.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    You guys are too obsessed with sterotypes.

I know of one TV personality with a Phd who owns a new Z06
    and a very bankable film director who also owns one.

You might recognize their names....

Dr.Phil and Steven Speilberg.

I suggest you contact one of the assistant producers
    on the DR. Phil show and ask to appear to discuss help
    for your Corvette - Porsche social issues.

No kidding. I never seen so many people hung up on what other people think about them in reference to the car they drive.
    It's funny, when I drove a Ferrari and an M3 there were people that would snicker and make comments about what snob I must be or they would see the car and say "nice mid life crisis" until they saw that I was a young guy. Now they see my Z06 and look for the guy with the mullet. Meanwhile I laugh and just drive it like I stole it. Just like I did the other two. Some of you guys just need to have fun and enjoy them. I'm pretty sure if we got all of us together with a Murci, a 430, a Z06 and a TT and we went driving for the day, 99% of us would love them all.

Quote:
    KeptMan said:
    To Ricky Bobby:

To say most Corvette owners can afford a 997TT is obviously not true. I'm sure some Corvette and alot of Z06 drivers might be able to afford one. But be honest with yourself, Ricky Bobby, most standard Corvette owners couldn't afford a 997TT anymore than most Boxster owners could afford a 997TT.
    I do agree that Porsche and Corvette owners are seperated by educational level more than income. The Ricky Bobby Builder vs the typical Doctor, Lawyer, etc.

I rarely hear about the Hollywood actor driving a corvette, unless vintage. The difference is NASCAR vs. F1,CART, and Indy.

Doc Hollywoood Vs. Ricky Bobby

I so enjoy reading this forum, but this is absolutely the dumbest post I have ever read.

So doctors and lawyers are the smartest people because? Doctors and lawyers do not fuel the economy, entrepeneurs do. While this is in no way meant to demean intelligent life, most of of the former are technicians. The real fuel comes from enginuity, creativity and the ability to deliver.

Get over your 'I'm smarter than you because I drive a xxx'. Meet me at the track. I'll drive my Z like I stole it. We can trade and I'll drive your xxxx like I stole it. Wanna bet whose faster? Even if I lose, I'll buy the beer and damn it will be fun.

Life is way too short to be close minded.

Domestic means one thing

Quote:
    KeptMan said:
    To Ricky Bobby:

To say most Corvette owners can afford a 997TT is obviously not true. I'm sure some Corvette and alot of Z06 drivers might be able to afford one. But be honest with yourself, Ricky Bobby, most standard Corvette owners couldn't afford a 997TT anymore than most Boxster owners could afford a 997TT.
    I do agree that Porsche and Corvette owners are seperated by educational level more than income. The Ricky Bobby Builder vs the typical Doctor, Lawyer, etc.

I rarely hear about the Hollywood actor driving a corvette, unless vintage. The difference is NASCAR vs. F1,CART, and Indy.

Man I don't even know where to start. I'm a Dr and I drive a Z. And my guess is that you are not a Dr or a lawyer. If you are I am embarrassed to be in the same profession as a snob like you. This is exactly the kind of I am better than you attitude that make people sick.

Quote:
    355Spider said:
    Quote:
    KeptMan said:
    To Ricky Bobby:

Man I don't even know where to start. I'm a Dr and I drive a Z. And my guess is that you are not a Dr or a lawyer. If you are I am embarrassed to be in the same profession as a snob like you. This is exactly the kind of I am better than you attitude that make people sick.

He's probably a psychiatrist...look how well he managed to shrink your head

Quote:
    nberry said:
    http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1448846

So,if a Corvette doesn't do well in European magazines it's because Europeans are biased and that they can't drive.

If a Corvette doesn't do well in American magazines it's because it's a bad article and that they can't drive.

BTW American magazines come to the same conclusions as European magazines.

Hilarious!!

You want the truth, I'll give you the truth.

Redneck personalities are more likely to drive Corvettes.

That doesn't mean all corvette owners are rednecks. But if you take offense to this or my other posts, you might just be a redneck.

Again physician rednecks are outlyers, that doesn't change the median.

P.S. to the other Texas people, Dr. Phil is a redneck.

Quote:
    KeptMan said:

That doesn't mean all corvette owners are rednecks. But if you take offense to this or my other posts, you might just be a redneck.

Hey now lets not get too personal with the corvette trolls hanging around the porsche forum..nattering on and on as only they can do,even if they have redneck veiws.Oh sorry I forgot saint Nickol-ASS the patron saint of Ferrari...he lives in suite 430 but can't be found there..cause he spends time hanging out on unrelated forums)...
    Kick them in the ass Kept

Quote:
    LoranTw said:
    Quote:
    KeptMan said:

Hey now lets not get too personal with the corvette trolls hanging around the porsche forum..nattering on and on as only they can do,even if they have redneck veiws.Oh sorry I forgot saint Nickol-ASS the patron saint of Ferrari...he lives in suite 430 but can't be found there..cause he spends time hanging out on unrelated forums)...

After reading his post I just realized that as a future lawyer I might have redneck tendencies !

Quote:
    LoranTw said:
    Quote:
    KeptMan said:

You can't handle the truth...oops, sorry, wrong forum, that's from a movie.

Quote:
    devo said:
    Quote:
    LoranTw said:
    Quote:
    KeptMan said:

You can't handle the truth...oops, sorry, wrong forum, that's from a movie.

You do way too much CRUISing at high speeds with the top up...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    779139 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442227 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263099 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261375 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85607 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5798 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881072 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    817461 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM