Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 997 TT or 430

Regardless of price, I'd take the 997tt every time. Better performance, reliability, comfort, as well as limitless potential for tuning.

The potential for tuning is not limitless in the 997TT as RC mentioned in an earlier thread....not at this moment until they find their way aroung the VTG.
    AFAIK, majority of car owners do not tune nor extract the full performance of their rides.

i will also go for the f430 ,as an overall package ,it suits me better .of course the ferrari will never have the reliabilty of the tt , but yes it gives you emotions and adrenaline rush in your body the way a porsche cant give.
    the perfect combo is to have both..

The problem with the 997 in the states is that they are everywhere .. It seems like with the 997 and all of the variation that the dealers are just getting flooded . Is it me or is Porsche filling the streets in the US with this model more than any model in history . It is even hard to believe that there are so many 997TT running around already . The 430 is defiantly a lot more exclusive and unique in the US as I see variation of the 997 at every light these days . To look at the dealer inventories it is hard to believe they can sell this many cars the discounting must be really good right now .

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    of course the ferrari will never have the reliabilty of the tt

IMO today's F's are on par reliability wise with P's. In fact my 997S has had several recalls and still has persistant rattles vs my 430 with none.

If Ferrari decided they needed to make a base F430, F430 S, F430 4 F430 4S, F430 Targa, F430 GT3, F430 GT3RS, and then all the previous versions in cab versions... well then I'd probably opt for the TT.

Until then I'd have to take the car that still feels like a supercar... F430. You see, there are no base models running around that look nearly just like it.

Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:
    If Ferrari decided they needed to make a base F430, F430 S, F430 4 F430 4S, F430 Targa, F430 GT3, F430 GT3RS, and then all the previous versions in cab versions... well then I'd probably opt for the TT.

Until then I'd have to take the car that still feels like a supercar... F430. You see, there are no base models running around that look nearly just like it.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:

and you forgot... f430 gt2 ,f430 spyder, spyder S spyder 4s spyder 4 ,spyder turbo spyder turbo S....

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:

and you forgot... f430 gt2 ,f430 spyder, spyder S spyder 4s spyder 4 ,spyder turbo spyder turbo S....

Not really. The Turbo line is different to the Carrera line and the V8 Ferraris compete with Porsche Turbos. So, you have the Turbo vs. the 430 and the Turbo Cab vs. the 430 Spider. The Turbo S is just a refreshed model of the Turbo. Of course, there are soe people, who wish to be distinguished from everybody else, so for them, a Ferrari is a good choice.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:

Not really. The Turbo line is different to the Carrera line and the V8 Ferraris compete with Porsche Turbos. So, you have the Turbo vs. the 430 and the Turbo Cab vs. the 430 Spider. The Turbo S is just a refreshed model of the Turbo. Of course, there are soe people, who wish to be distinguished from everybody else, so for them, a Ferrari is a good choice.

crash , be realistic , the turbo is a c4 with a different front and rear bumper,different wheels and a different spoiler. thats it! just like the m5 and the 530..

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:

crash , be realistic , the turbo is a c4 with a different front and rear bumper,different wheels and a different spoiler. thats it! just like the m5 and the 530..

Yes, that really is the case. However, I belueve he was talking about similarly priced models, competing with each other. Would be nice if the Turbo differentiated itself more from the base Carrera, though (in appearance, since engine and drivetrain are totally different in the Turbo, anyway).

I've been absent for a while (Half living in Asia), but, for my hapyness, I can see how "alive" is my dear Rennteam Forum, perfectly reflected in this "discussion"............

A brilliant, and polite argument...........in both sides......

My two cents..........

Have to confess that first I had been and I'm, a Porsche lover......and, after (but with not less passion), a Ferrari lover, "Il Cavallino" had also taken my heart until the 355...after "him", passion went away.

The 430 is reaching it again! Can't do more........I really think that in the deep end we all admire the "enemy".........I turn my eye everytime a 977 TT passes (and it is not as my 977S! it has a different "mood"...please, don't say it's the same car! It is not! The same concept, not the same "creature"), but have to confess, when I see a 430 (more in Italy than in Spain), my heart also breaks.....

Who do you prefer? Leonardo or Michelangelo? Nietszche or Dante? Wagner or Pucinni?......For me, impossible to respond.......

In any case, even the 977TT or the 430 are masterpieces...each one in his style, with his strong points and not so strong (but never weak).........

BUT, if we seriously talk about performance, non of them are about the job..........that's the domain of Atom Ariel's 2, Caterham's CSR, Radical, Gardner Douglas, etc.. je, je, British creatures!

Both, the 977 TT, and the 430 are very fast and fantastic creations, but full of goodies for the everyday use (or other reasons ), but not really "sport cars")...Real performence is another league...

In any case, I will not die enjoying both of those beauties...not to forget the fantastic Gallardo, or the immpecable new Aston Martin's (By theway, their finish work should be an example either to Porsche and/or Ferrari).......... :

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:

Well, there are other "small" differences like engine, gear-box, AWD system, electronics...

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:

Well, there are other "small" differences like engine, gear-box, AWD system, electronics...

we were talking about visual difference...

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:

we were talking about visual difference...

Ahhhhh

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:

Actually I believe there are these two major differences between the turbo and C4:

1) The turbo has a different engine block. Much stronger. It's not the M96 used in the C4.
    2) the turbo has a much more advanced 4WD system.

David

Not to mention an extra 130hp

is the sentence "visual difference" so hard to understand?

I like this post I saw on Fchat
    Quote:
    While I didn't pay $100k over, I did pay a substantial premium on a new '05 F1 Spider that I bought from Shelton last October. I then drove the car for the next 7 months and 1,000 miles and got nearly all my money back when I traded it for a new '06 6 speed Spider which I've now driven for about 900 miles.

At first I had a hard time considering paying such a premium, but frankly I'm glad I did. I've loved every mile I've driven the car. The car has barely depreciated, in fact it's probably firmed since last fall/winter. Everytime I've bought another sportscar like a Porsche I've lost 20% as I drove it out the door. That's certainly not the case with the 430, yet. I could probably get all my money back if I sold it today. In that case, the premium is irrelevant.

My advice to anyone who wants a 430 but has hesitated, find the right one like I did (color combo/options) and buy it.

with the Porsche 20% lost as you drive out

Quote:
    dhayek said:

Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:

Seems as if this is the case...

I think the black color doesn't do justice to the Ferrari. I would take the TT. But if that was a red F430, without a doubt. Ferrari.

Even if I like more Porsches than Ferraris, I will choose the one with the bigger discount!!! So.... the Turbo please!!!

Quote:
    Crash said:
    I wonder how many of those 23 voters, that cast their votes in favor of the 430, are American .

And your point is???

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    OCEAN said:
    When you put the cars side be side the things get interesting, if the 997TT was in black I think it would be a better comparison . I must say as much as I love the 430 it almost looks dated compared to the Porsche . Considering the price difference and that there are no waiting games and that the 997TT has more performance this is quite an accomplishment for Porsche . I am sure the replacement for the 430 will be very nice but for now a car that is 50K less in some ways is a more desirable car .

hehehe

Either you are losing your eye sight or your trying to justify the purchase of the 997TT. On the street, if you put both cars side by side ,the 997TT would figuratively disappear. It is noT even close.

Porsche's are designed to look dated because Porsche wants it that way. They are so intent on doing so they have all their models look alike (excepting the CGT which is a good looking car).

Yesterday, I saw what appeared to be a Boxster closing fast behind me. It had the front bumper air and side air ducts.
    I was in my 430 Spider and wondered why the Boxster was apparently chasing me. Lo and behold as he went past me, I saw the silly tail on the back with the Turbo script.

I am a car enthusiast and for me to confuse a $150,000 convertible with a $45,000 one of the same brand only served to confirm what I have known all along. PORSCHE MEANS VANILLA!

And, of course, you were content in knowing that even though he could beat you senseless, you were in the snobmobile . The 430 DOES look dated to me (the Gallardo seems much more modern) and the 911 is, well, a 911. In the most fashionable iteration yet. The 430 can't compare to it.

Crash....you are on drugs if you think a FERRARI F430 can't compare to a dime-a-dozen turbo that looks like a C4 or C2 or Carrera or Boxter or Cayman or any other 911 that comes down the pike. You need to get a life that has a bit of reality in it.

Quote:
    Hurst said:
    why does nberry hijack any type of opinionated thread that has any chance for being slightly interesting?

f430.

Don't you mean CRASH?

Re: 997 TT or 430 *DELETED*

Ronnie,

Please be advised that we're all adults here and there is no need to use this kind of language.

Thank you.
    Ron (Houston)

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    gianni said:
    F430 by far. I hate the fact that you have to look behind a porsche to see what it says to be able to tell what model it is. THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME.

Well...exactly. You confirm my experience: Ferrari drivers see Porsches only from the rear.

And what drugs are you on???

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    If I had to drive the one everyday, under all circumstances, in every situation, I'd choose the 997tt.

In any other case: F430.

Fun car for the weekends: F430 Spider.
    Fun car daily driver: 997 Turbo.

I would love to own both but I would never buy the F430 Coupe, especially not after today.
    Oh, I would also add a Z06 to my garage. It would be my "don't care if I crash" fun toy.

RC...Cute statement about the Z06. Here is another cute statement....you are an [censored].

You know what? You have the right to an opinion, but calling people assholes and even more derogatory names, is something that isn't tolerated on these forums. If you can't behave, get lost! I'm tired of your constant harrassment of other members and calling anyone who doesn't agree with you names. Either start behaving becoming to an adult, or go back to Corvetteforums or wherever you came from. I won't even degrade myself replying to your other moronic comments, but insulting the guy who finances this board by himself, along with some other enthusiasts, is unacceptable! You are a troll and I hope Christian bans you for good!

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Here is what an owner of a 997S had to say:

>> The Turbo (IMHO) just doesn't have the looks and the passion (compared to Italian alternatives) that a Pounds100k+ supercar should have. Plus my current Carrera S is just as good a GT car as the TT given the speed limits here outside of German Autobarns

You must admit he has a point.

He has NO point. This is just an excuse, same as some Ferrari drivers use when it comes to serious performance driving over here in Germany. C'mon, a car is for driving, not for putting it in the living room and looking at it.
    If I want beauty, I look at my wife. If I want passion, I have fun with her. And if I want to drive fast and have fun driving, I use the 997 Turbo. The problem is that some of the enjoyment of Ferrari driving is actually not the driving itself but the being seen driving. It is a poser's car, no doubt about it but of course there are people who enjoy the driving itself too but unfortunately not that many. And don't tell me where I know this from, I know dozends of Ferrari and Porsche drivers. Getting back to the F430: the F430 is a fantastic sportscar and it looks very good, no doubt about it. Whoever says something else must be out of his mind. But when it comes to choosing ONE sportscar for my enjoyment, I have to choose the best one for driving. And the comparison with the 996 GT2 MkII actually showed how fast even older Porsches are. Or take the tuned 993 Turbo who joined us, I could hardly pass him and this guy never had technical issues. We also had a F355 Spider with us, a beautiful black one with black painted wheels. Gorgeous car. The most ugly Ferrari is actually the F360 Modena, never understood why people liked it. Same applies to the Mondial, horrible car.

I agree, the 997 Turbo is no beauty but it always attracts attention and I actually never heard somebody saying: oh boy, this car is ugly, on the contrary. But I agree, women love the Ferrari most, which actually should give Ferrari owners a little hint what it is all about.

The F430 is the first "affordable" Ferrari which is both, beautiful and fast. All the "affordable" Ferrari models before the F430 were crap in my opinion, even my "beloved" F355 wasn't a very good performer. The Enzo is a different story, I heard even Porsche engineers dreaming of this car and showing respect. The 599 still have to prove it's capabilities but after my 550 Maranello encounter with my 996 Turbo back in 2000 (a famous german opera singer with Monaco license plates), I was pretty disappointed with Ferrari. I outran him in the 200-300 kph speed range pretty easy and this guy was actually explaining it with "more luggage" he had onboard. I had two large Samsonite in the rear, so he couldn't be serious.

Nevertheless, the F430 is still a Ferrari and the 997TT is just another piece of overhyped German junk.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776715 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441517 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262676 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260817 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85086 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5497 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880525 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815657 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM