Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ring time

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Really? I've seen both cars in the flesh, both seperately and together and to me, the CGT feels more like it means the business. Yes, I know about the Enzo's stellar performance and I think it looks stunning. However, I still maintain that the CGT has more presence. To claim that this attitude is ignorant and childish is just plain ignorant and childish .

This is getting boring .....please stop digressing

Quote:
    Nick_Athens said:
    Come one Crash.. You are wrong here...
    You cant say that CGT has more presence than Enzo.. Enzo Ferrari will come back from THE DEAD with these things he hears... Let him rest in piece... he has died so many years now...

Poor Enzo. Alas, they shouldn't have named a car after him .

Quote:
    Avantgarde said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Really? I've seen both cars in the flesh, both seperately and together and to me, the CGT feels more like it means the business. Yes, I know about the Enzo's stellar performance and I think it looks stunning. However, I still maintain that the CGT has more presence. To claim that this attitude is ignorant and childish is just plain ignorant and childish .

Yes, I agree. Just tell the 'Ferrari goon squad' here to get off their high horses and let people have their opinions, without getting a heart attack every time somebody doesn't acknowledge Ferrari's superiority.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Avantgarde said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

Yes, I agree. Just tell the 'Ferrari goon squad' here to get off their high horses and let people have their opinions, without getting a heart attack every time somebody doesn't acknowledge Ferrari's superiority.

You are so funny Crash.

Heart attack?

Cool down my friend, we're just talking about cars here!

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Avantgarde said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

You are so funny Crash.

Heart attack?

Cool down my friend, we're just talking about cars here!

I know, but derogatory statements are something which I don't respond nicely to. If we're talking cars, let's talk cars and discuss different viewpoints, without insulting one another.

Lets show some self tolerance and constraint as regular adults.

One man's medicine is another man's poison...

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Had I said that the Enzo had more presence, you'd be giving the thumbs up until tomorrow...

Wrong Crash. I'd say the presence of both cars is highly comparable, but to say the CGT "has way more presence than the Enzo" is just - how do you say - ignorant and childish.

Ive seen both and I also think the Carrera GT has more presence.... Again, everybody thinks differently so why throw a tantrum just because Crash has a different opinion to you 'com on guys, this is just ignorant and childish

BTW, I think the Enzo looks like a bad piece of origami, while the CGT looks like a bad-ass cat .... Of course thats just my opinion

Any independent minded observer.....Would have to say that the Maserati MC12 has the most "presence." I also see it winning things called ...races! see a CGT or Enzo do that?

So you have all been quite mistaken

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Any independent minded observer.....Would have to say that the Maserati MC12 has the most "presence." I also see it winning things called ...races! see a CGT or Enzo do that?

Ah yes, Jim always has to come and Crash the party .

i have driven and seen both next to each other , the presence of the enzo is massive , you dont look at the cgt..

The Carrera GT loses more and more "presence" as Porsche produces more and more cars using the same parts.

I love the car, but I don't think it has near the "presence" of the Enzo. Which is somewhat similar to the 997TT being lost next to an F430.

Before some of you jump on me for making such a statement... ask yourself if that was the case when the 993TT stood next to a 348tb.

Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:
    The Carrera GT loses more and more "presence" as Porsche produces more and more cars using the same parts.

I love the car, but I don't think it has near the "presence" of the Enzo. Which is somewhat similar to the 997TT being lost next to an F430.

Before some of you jump on me for making such a statement... ask yourself if that was the case when the 993TT stood next to a 348tb.

100% agree!

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

so true

I think we should make the difference btw beautiful and spectacular. I think that the CGT is the most beautiful and the MC12 is the most spectacular, with the Enzo somewhere in btw. And of course the MC12 has more presence, is huge!!! imagine a 2,20 meter tall person and one that has just 1,90... both have presence, but the taller the more.... But the MC12 is as ugly as an very fat woman.... just look in side view at the both overhangs.... no proportions at all...
    and let's not talk about the tuning look alike of the front bonnet and the ridicule rear lights in a flat rear surface.... oh dear!!!

Wow, so much argument over peraonal opinion. Is it not obvious that everyone is different and there is no "right" answer?

I saw two CGTs (black and yellow) at the NBR parking lot a few days ago surrounded by dozens of of high-performance and exotic cars. Even in this high-octane environment the CGTs still drew big crowds of admirers.

Personally, I would not own any car that draws so much attention. Even though the balance of road and track performance of the CGT is hard to beat.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    crazi4speed said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    crazi4speed said:
    aahh..FLYING start..yes thats how all are tested and you really have to be naive to belive that the 997 Turbo was tested without a flying start, even the CGT was tested with a Flying start...

All sportauto times havee been done with a standing start. It is obvious (given the relative ranking to 996TT etc.) that the 997TT times have been done with a standing start as well.

So the Z06 time is not comparable as it was done with a flying start (making up for a difference of several seconds).

I think your claim is inaccurate, if this was the case, it would always be writen next to the times, if the 996/997 times is so great with a standing start then how come on smaller tracks also the Z06 is quicker..

I dont get it, y is it that most everyone here wants to prove that the turbo is quciker than the Z06, I love the new Turbo but you wouldnt see me going and saying that it is quicker just cuz its my fav car for now..anyhow if you want to think that the ring times are standing start then thats fine, even the corvette quaterly said it was a standing start for the z06 but i dont believe it..

The times are standing start, end of discussion. If you don't believe MKSGR or me, send an e-mail to Mr. Von Saurma himself. Not trying to prove that the Turbo is faster (at best, Porsche only matched its straight line performance to the Corvette), but be reasonable.
    If a manufacturer claims its times are standing start, I'd take that claim very loosely, but when a respected magazine, such as Sport Auto, states this, I believe them.

Well I would like to call on it, send me his email and I will absolutely ask him, cuz I dont believe that the claims made by porsche on the times for TT and GT3 are standing start, also some of the times I am seeing on the list with sports auto writen seem to make less sense if they were standing start. Anyhow would like to ask him myself..

Quote:
    crazi4speed said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    crazi4speed said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    crazi4speed said:
    aahh..FLYING start..yes thats how all are tested and you really have to be naive to belive that the 997 Turbo was tested without a flying start, even the CGT was tested with a Flying start...

All sportauto times havee been done with a standing start. It is obvious (given the relative ranking to 996TT etc.) that the 997TT times have been done with a standing start as well.

So the Z06 time is not comparable as it was done with a flying start (making up for a difference of several seconds).

I think your claim is inaccurate, if this was the case, it would always be writen next to the times, if the 996/997 times is so great with a standing start then how come on smaller tracks also the Z06 is quicker..

I dont get it, y is it that most everyone here wants to prove that the turbo is quciker than the Z06, I love the new Turbo but you wouldnt see me going and saying that it is quicker just cuz its my fav car for now..anyhow if you want to think that the ring times are standing start then thats fine, even the corvette quaterly said it was a standing start for the z06 but i dont believe it..

The times are standing start, end of discussion. If you don't believe MKSGR or me, send an e-mail to Mr. Von Saurma himself. Not trying to prove that the Turbo is faster (at best, Porsche only matched its straight line performance to the Corvette), but be reasonable.
    If a manufacturer claims its times are standing start, I'd take that claim very loosely, but when a respected magazine, such as Sport Auto, states this, I believe them.

Well I would like to call on it, send me his email and I will absolutely ask him, cuz I dont believe that the claims made by porsche on the times for TT and GT3 are standing start, also some of the times I am seeing on the list with sports auto writen seem to make less sense if they were standing start. Anyhow would like to ask him myself..

Believe it or not, both Porsche's factory and Sport Auto times are achieved with standing start. If you want his email, find it. However, I find it laughable that you dismiss all the Nurburgring experts as not doing it the way they have done it for the last ten years or more. Find Von Saurma's e-mail and don't forget to e-mail Porsche, just so they can both confirm that you are dead wrong.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689469 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409163 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255710 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234973 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65517 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4645 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857930 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773978 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM