Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3

Any dealer can ask ask much as they want over MSRP. Whether or not they find a mug to pay it is another matter..

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

DaveGordon:

Any dealer can ask ask much as they want over MSRP. Whether or not they find a mug to pay it is another matter..

Therein lies the problem. People are paying the premium.Smiley

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

Seems to be an issue limited to certain markets which have limited supply, so congrats on fostering a relationship with a dealer which apparently has some integrity wink

I'm messing around with configurators considering an update myself.

--

We should get reviews on the car in a couple weeks. By now, most auto magazines must have had an opportunity to test drive it.

Regarding the configurator our options are very limited.  Initially I was going to go with the black grey leather buckets seats but the more I played with it the bette I liked the red/black leather interior including the red stripe on the steering wheel. I will get the racing yellow seat belts, kept the regular brakes because the red calipers match well with the red trim interior.  I am still debating whether to include the Bose.

I wanted the full leather dash but it doesn't come with red stitching. Only grey and that would not work with red stitching throughout the car. Saves me $1770. However, I am going with the white dials.

--

Odd - we can get red stitching on full leather here.

I was initially attracted to the Bose as I'm into music, but had second thoughts: although the stereo I have sounds good at a standstill, it's rubbish while driving. I think this is due to the lack of soundproofing and isolation (fair enough - it is a GT3). I wonder if blowing more money on more hifi will actually have any effect.

--

I've tracked 997C2S with steel brakes and PCCB respectively and found no difference in my track times, and I did not feel steel brakes inadequate or less feel.

I loved the no brake dust of my PCCB then, and that will be the only reason to get it in any of my future Porsches, but very unlikely.  Will rather spend that money on another watch. 

I could not feel advantage of the so-called less unsprung mass during track or road driving.

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

I'd buy it and flip it next day if there were people so eager to pay $50K over sticker.

noone1:

I'd buy it and flip it next day if there were people so eager to pay $50K over sticker.

No, drive it for free for one month, then flip and make money Smiley

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

Targa Tim:

I've tracked 997C2S with steel brakes and PCCB respectively and found no difference in my track times, and I did not feel steel brakes inadequate or less feel.

I am 50-50 on PCCB, but after two drives in testers equipped with them, my wife said she would sell a couple of her diamonds to fund PCCB if necessary, at whatever point we may order a new 911.  Smiley  Her perspective is that the feel and instant response of PCCB balances out the acceleration and speed of a 911.  Brake dust is not an issue.... because I wash the cars....Smiley 

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

I am impartial with steel or PCCB, Porsche's steel brakes are legendary and are a match to any manufacturer's carbon offerings, but I would never pay the up charge to get it, (not counting me ordering Turbo S instead of Turbo) 

The one thing I loved PCCB is the no brake dust part, but the one thing I hate about them is that they don't work when cold, i.e after a long highway drive, taking the highway exit means no brakes for the initial application.

--

DaveGordon:

I wonder if blowing more money on more hifi will actually have any effect.

From a sound quality perspective: Yes , when you stand still, with the engine off - And I guess you don't do that very often.

GT-Boy:

Did this 170k miles include any track time ?  I had heard that 1 or 2 track days will necessitate a full PCCB brake pad replacement at Great expense.

I have PCCB and track my car a lot and have not experienced any problems yet. What I HAVE noticed thou, is a lot of cracked steel disks during track days. But it is as someone said, very common that the "track guys" go for steel. Personally I cant see why I should be cheep on a thing like the brakes when I use my car on track. Breakes is the number ONE thing for a track car in my opinion, so I go for the best.....Smiley

GT-Boy:

Did this 170k miles include any track time ?  I had heard that 1 or 2 track days will necessitate a full PCCB brake pad replacement at Great expense.

The pads maybe (if we are talking GP style tracks with a lot of intense braking). The discs should last aprox 10+ of these events. Thus, if you do these track days often steel might be an interesting option in terms of cost. Drive feel and performance is bezter with Ceramics though.

Kobalt:
    DaveGordon:

I wonder if blowing more money on more hifi will actually have any effect.

From a sound quality perspective: Yes , when you stand still, with the engine off - And I guess you don't do that very often.

any dollar spent on a sound system upgrade in my GT3RS would e a total waste of money. the sound system is provided for free by porsche and it is in the rear of the car. i suspect it won't be much different in the GT3 non-RS.

nberry:

We should get reviews on the car in a couple weeks. By now, most auto magazines must have had an opportunity to test drive it.

Regarding the configurator our options are very limited.  Initially I was going to go with the black grey leather buckets seats but the more I played with it the bette I liked the red/black leather interior including the red stripe on the steering wheel. I will get the racing yellow seat belts, kept the regular brakes because the red calipers match well with the red trim interior.  I am still debating whether to include the Bose.

I wanted the full leather dash but it doesn't come with red stitching. Only grey and that would not work with red stitching throughout the car. Saves me $1770. However, I am going with the white dials.

Seems a bit McDonalds in the interior that way?  Though it does tie the interior to the exterior. 

Might as well get the Bose...anything that makes you more likely to use the car is a plus. 

vantagesc:
    nberry:

Seems a bit McDonalds in the interior that way?  Though it does tie the interior to the exterior. 

Might as well get the Bose...anything that makes you more likely to use the car is a plus. 

I like contrasting colors for interiors and exterior. The grey/black with grey stitching is boring and doesn't project luxury in a $165,000 car. If I had choice I would have ordered racing yellow trim for the interior. Sadly, we only have two choices red/black or grey black.🙁

--

Eh, you won't even notice the colors after a week or two anyway. I couldn't even tell you what parts of my interior have the stitching. It's silver stitching on black, I know that, but it's just something that because invisible in normal usage.

I loved the GT4 they presented at Geneva: yellow with PCCB, yellow belts and yellow deviated stitching - looked epic.

--

nberry:
    vantagesc:
    nberry:

I like contrasting colors for interiors and exterior. The grey/black with grey stitching is boring and doesn't project luxury in a $165,000 car. If I had choice I would have ordered racing yellow trim for the interior. Sadly, we only have two choices red/black or grey black.🙁

Too bad yellow stitch isn't offered, but I consider the yellow / red combo a spec one would see on a Ferrari. The grey stitching looks great in person, but red is definitely more lively.

Another way to go is gray stitch, yellow belts, and some other yellow trim choice: vents or console trim.  But then that leaves your calipers as the only red piece.

When I initially ordered the car it was grey/black with yellow seat belts. When I started to do the yellow trim like vents and stuff the interior  looked a little garish. surprise

DaveGorden, on the US configurator if you order the extended leather trim for the day the stitching came only in grey even though I had red stitching on the rest of the interior. Your configurator offered it in red?

--

Nick, don't just blindly trust the online configurator, your dealer is a Exclusive Flagship dealer and their configurator would have more details. 

Porsche San Diego should have proper training from Porsche to have answers for these little details, worse come to worse you could always CXX the grey stitching to red.

If you dealer say they can't help you let me know, I will get you in touch with Stuttgart Exclusive personal and get it done.

--

Or you could always head to PEC LA and do the configuration there too.

--

Nick, thanks. I'll let you know if I need your help. I doubt I will because it really isn't that big of a deal to me since I will keep the car for 12-18 months then move on like a PTS .2GT3 RS. Nevertheless, I will investigate your suggestions. If I can get it done without delaying delivery I'll go for it.kiss

--

Last thing, I would consider that when you do white instrument dials, the digital dial to the right of the tach will always be "black" leading to some asymmetry.  Depends if you are very OCD.  This doesn't seem to bother others.

Thanks for your excellent input. I did consider that one of the dials is not white but again that doesn't concern me. Here is the interior I selected. With red calipers, the red interior coordinates well at least to me.Smiley You can click on the picture for a close up of the stitching against the bucket seats.

FWIW, because Porsche limited the interior option, their designers selected colors that would work with the limited exterior colors for the car. They took a minimalist approach in the production of the car except for performance.Smiley

interior red.jpg

red interior three.jpg
    --

Looking good Nick, congrats on getting one early.  Everyone will be chasing after you to take pics.

--

Tim

Tim,

I think you should start talking to Porsche Exclusive about building you a all-blue car, inside and out.

Like this purple one from the 90s but in various shades of blue smiley

purple-haze-2.jpg

--

Tim, thanks. The funny thing is I am not sure how much better this car will be over the .1. I am anxiously waiting for the reviews to come in.Smiley

--

The extra peak hp at the top end won't make a big difference since you'd only experience that very high in the rev range (less relevant on the street), but I suspect the torque of the 4.0 will be noticeable.  Also the buckets will add a slightly new dimension for you.  Steering may also be a bit better, since this is the latest iteration of EPAS.  Everything else...not sure.

Whoopsy:

Tim,

I think you should start talking to Porsche Exclusive about building you a all-blue car, inside and out.

Thanks Nick, but I am seriously running out of garage space.Smiley

--

Tim

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689412 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409124 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255702 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234962 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65515 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857912 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773944 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM