Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 997 TT or 430

First of all I have to say that I am not a fun neither of Ferrari nor of Porsche. I am just a fun of Sport cars..

You havent understood something... There are people who can afford both, and not only these 2 cars but a lot more also..
    The point is that the new 997tt FOR ME is a car which is for too everyday use! With no sport character anymore..
    So I believe that I can do my job lets say with a golf GTi Dsg or something like that and buy a sport car like F430..
    I was ready to buy the new turbo but i didnt, because i found this car a very very fast everyday car nothing more.. (and to tell you the truth I dont want give SO much money for such a fast daily car) Which i dont believe that i need. For this reason i wait to see and may buy in the end and the new GT2 which I hope to be a really sport car.. (in order to have my F430 and a GT2).
    I wish you understand my philosophy...

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    Different tastes. There are people, believe it or not, who think the 430 looks like crap (I don't).

Thank you for this highly interesting information.

You're welcome.
    Besides, I didn't say that the F430 looked THAT bad .

Quote:
    Nick_Athens said:
    First of all I have to say that I am not a fun neither of Ferrari nor of Porsche. I am just a fun of Sport cars..

You havent understood something... There are people who can afford both, and not only these 2 cars but a lot more also..
    The point is that the new 997tt FOR ME is a car which is for too everyday use! With no sport character anymore..
    So I believe that I can do my job lets say with a golf GTi Dsg or something like that and buy a sport car like F430..
    I was ready to buy the new turbo but i didnt, because i found this car a very very fast everyday car nothing more.. (and to tell you the truth I dont want give SO much money for such a fast daily car) Which i dont believe that i need. For this reason i wait to see and may buy in the end and the new GT2 which I hope to be a really sport car.. (in order to have my F430 and a GT2).
    I wish you understand my philosophy...

I DO, I look on it just the same way !

That porsche doesn't excite me as a real sportscar, besides the performance of course! but I will buy a porsche cayenne for everyday use, (so I have NOTHING against porsche)

Quote:
    Crash said:
    You have to accept that we may think the same about your vehicles.

I wonder if you are refering to my 997 Carrera S?

Quote:
    Avantgarde said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    You have to accept that we may think the same about your vehicles.

I wonder if you are refering to my 997 Carrera S?

I didn't say about you "cooler" vehicles .

Quote:
    bostonmini said:
    RC- I thought ur dont-care-weekend car would be a Lambo!!!

My "dontcareaboutmoneyandneighbors" car would be a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640, no doubt. Black with black painted wheels.

Quote:
    gianni said:
    F430 by far. I hate the fact that you have to look behind a porsche to see what it says to be able to tell what model it is. THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME.

Well...exactly. You confirm my experience: Ferrari drivers see Porsches only from the rear.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Here is what an owner of a 997S had to say:

>> The Turbo (IMHO) just doesn't have the looks and the passion (compared to Italian alternatives) that a Pounds100k+ supercar should have. Plus my current Carrera S is just as good a GT car as the TT given the speed limits here outside of German Autobarns

You must admit he has a point.

He has NO point. This is just an excuse, same as some Ferrari drivers use when it comes to serious performance driving over here in Germany. C'mon, a car is for driving, not for putting it in the living room and looking at it.
    If I want beauty, I look at my wife. If I want passion, I have fun with her. And if I want to drive fast and have fun driving, I use the 997 Turbo. The problem is that some of the enjoyment of Ferrari driving is actually not the driving itself but the being seen driving. It is a poser's car, no doubt about it but of course there are people who enjoy the driving itself too but unfortunately not that many. And don't tell me where I know this from, I know dozends of Ferrari and Porsche drivers. Getting back to the F430: the F430 is a fantastic sportscar and it looks very good, no doubt about it. Whoever says something else must be out of his mind. But when it comes to choosing ONE sportscar for my enjoyment, I have to choose the best one for driving. And the comparison with the 996 GT2 MkII actually showed how fast even older Porsches are. Or take the tuned 993 Turbo who joined us, I could hardly pass him and this guy never had technical issues. We also had a F355 Spider with us, a beautiful black one with black painted wheels. Gorgeous car. The most ugly Ferrari is actually the F360 Modena, never understood why people liked it. Same applies to the Mondial, horrible car.

I agree, the 997 Turbo is no beauty but it always attracts attention and I actually never heard somebody saying: oh boy, this car is ugly, on the contrary. But I agree, women love the Ferrari most, which actually should give Ferrari owners a little hint what it is all about.

The F430 is the first "affordable" Ferrari which is both, beautiful and fast. All the "affordable" Ferrari models before the F430 were crap in my opinion, even my "beloved" F355 wasn't a very good performer. The Enzo is a different story, I heard even Porsche engineers dreaming of this car and showing respect. The 599 still have to prove it's capabilities but after my 550 Maranello encounter with my 996 Turbo back in 2000 (a famous german opera singer with Monaco license plates), I was pretty disappointed with Ferrari. I outran him in the 200-300 kph speed range pretty easy and this guy was actually explaining it with "more luggage" he had onboard. I had two large Samsonite in the rear, so he couldn't be serious.

Christian, if you want to drive fast and have fun doing it you can do MUCH BETTER with older model Porsche's or for that matter many other cars and for a lot less money.

You are driving the 997TT because it is the latest model and nothing more. It is being able to say I have a 997 Turbo. To deny this is not being honest with yourself.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    You are driving the 997TT because it is the latest model and nothing more. It is being able to say I have a 997 Turbo. To deny this is not being honest with yourself.

This can easily be said for you Nick, about you getting the latest Ferrari

Actualy RC The PASSON of the Ferraris is not defind as a excuse, it is mearly a fackt of life, like gravity, or Ohm's Law, there is no way around it. Ferrari is Passon personified. Explain to me why every single time a Magazine or tv show host or any human being sits in the F430 presses the start button, gets tingles in his spine. Every time he presses the accelerator prays to god that the adrenalyn rush doesent leave his body, and it doesent until he exits the car, and almost faints from the exostion of trying to accept all the wonderfull things that just happened to him.
    That is what Porsche lacks.(except for carrera Gt)
    Like A tv show host put it: (They are blindingly fast, but way to mechanical-emotionless)

the diff between ferraris and porsches is

in a porsche is how fast u drive -acceleration, cornering speed etc.

but in a Ferrari its the excitment that driving fast brings.

more or less: gonig 200 mph, or c*ming at 200 mph.

Quote:
    arakis said:
    Actualy RC The PASSON of the Ferraris is not defind as a excuse, it is mearly a fackt of life, like gravity, or Ohm's Law, there is no way around it. Ferrari is Passon personified. Explain to me why every single time a Magazine or tv show host or any human being sits in the F430 presses the start button, gets tingles in his spine. Every time he presses the accelerator prays to god that the adrenalyn rush doesent leave his body, and it doesent until he exits the car, and almost faints from the exostion of trying to accept all the wonderfull things that just happened to him.
    That is what Porsche lacks.(except for carrera Gt)
    Like A tv show host put it: (They are blindingly fast, but way to mechanical-emotionless)

Quote:
    if you want to drive fast and have fun doing it you can do MUCH BETTER with older model Porsche's

Quote:
    porsche doesn't excite me as a real sportscar

kind of hit the nail on the head .. it is somewhere between a GT and a sports car now in may ways almost feels bigger than 911's of the past .

I must admit after owning about 10 different 911's over 30 years the 911 seems to have turned into a GT and lost some of it raw sports car feel . The 430 still feels like a basic sports car while the 911 kind of went in a different direction with the 996 and never came back to the raw sports car thing and kind of became one of those " this will be OK with the wife /sports cars " cars if you know what I mean ..... The 911 seemed to loose something with the 996 it never got back . When you sit in the 430 you do feel like you are in a sports car when sitting in the 997 now it feels like the edge is gone and it is for an older more mature crowd . Anyone agree ... I can not afford the 430 spider so a 997TT Cab will have to do but if the were the same $$ I would have to go 430 spider as it seems to be more of a striped down raw sports car . They really are two different animals now and the 997 is somewhere between a GT and a sports car where the 430 is just a raw sports car so it is more what you are into as the cars are in some ways so different .

Quote:
    musicisfree said:
    The 997 is a better looking car to me, The F355 was Ferrari's best looking mid-engined car.

I agree 100%. The F355 was the last "clean looking" Ferrari. The thing I love about the 911 is the clean and simple lines. The F360 and F430 look like Ferraris that have had after-market doodads added on. I especially think the nose of the F360 and F430 is ugly.

Quote:
    Hurst said:
    why does nberry hijack any type of opinionated thread that has any chance for being slightly interesting?

f430.

That's what trolls do. He's like those annoying Jehovah's Witnesses. He thinks he knows something we don't. He thinks we (Porsche fans) are all doomed and need to be "saved" with his enlightmentment. I say to Nick: we're (Porsche fans) happy and content with our beliefs! We don't want to be converted! Go away with your stupid message of doom!!!

Quote:
    nberry said:you are driving the 997TT because it is the latest model and nothing more. It is being able to say I have a 997 Turbo. To deny this is not being honest with yourself.

LOL!
    nick, i can't tell if you're being serious or joking around.

you may be projecting onto christian your own distorted version of reality and then relating to this projection as if it were true.
    but it is most likely a delusion caused by ignorance.
    this may be due to you having an exaggerated sense of your own importance that makes you feel others' interests are in conflict with your own.
    this in turn gives rise to a lack of consideration for others.
    acting under the influence of these delusions you engage in hurtful speech.

nah! just kidding!
    jeff

Nick, I didn't choose the 997 TT because it is the latest model. Before ordering it, I was keeping my options open, I was taking in consideration a 996 Turbo S, a 996 GT2 MkII, the new 997 GT3 and even the 997 GT3 RS. But after doing some serious and partly rational thinking, I went with the 997 TT.

Of course it is very enjoyable to drive a car which "screams" (exhaust sound) and the sound of the 997 TT really sucks. But otherwise, the car is a lot of fun and I sometimes don't understand car journalists why they would make claims like "technically" perfect but boring. Maybe they find a car boring they can't crash that easy.

Yes, the exhaust sound of the 997 Turbo sucks. No doubt about it. But otherwise, the car is a blast to drive. To d r i v e, not to be seen driving, Nick.

The F430 is a very good sportscar, it would be a pitty if people would not appreciate it for it's handling/performance capabilities but limit it's characteristics to it's sound, look and feel. The F430 doesn't deserve this.

And since when is a Beetle better looking than a sexy supermodel?

Quote:
    arakis said:

Didn't Enzo say once that "It doesn't matter how fast you go, but how you go fast"?

Quote:
    assman!!! said:
    And since when is a Beetle better looking than a sexy supermodel?

The funny part is (and most of Porsche funs dont know it yet) that the supermodel is even better not only in appearance and sound anymore...

Quote:
    assman!!! said:
    Quote:
    arakis said:

Didn't Enzo say once that "It doesn't matter how fast you go, but how you go fast"?

Il commendatore was a very wise man...

Quote:
    assman!!! said:
    Quote:
    arakis said:

PERFECT! Am I allowed to write this? After all I am on the Ferrari board.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    assman!!! said:
    Quote:
    arakis said:

Yes, but I think FAST is the keyword here, not p....

Quote:
    Patriek said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    assman!!! said:
    Quote:
    arakis said:

Yes, but I think FAST is the keyword here, not p....

P as in prissy?

IMHO the turbo doesn't look to good in yellow and the F430 looks great in black, but if it was the other way around i would take the Turbo.

Quote:
    nh13 said:
    IMHO the turbo doesn't look to good in yellow and the F430 looks great in black, but if it was the other way around i would take the Turbo.

they are BOTH great cars

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    assman!!! said:
    Quote:
    arakis said:

Hey, I didn't see any copyright symbol next to it when I first read it

If cost is not an option I would go for the F430.

how could you not ..... but here in the US cost is very much a factor .

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764805 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436815 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261180 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258081 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82707 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877140 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809292 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM