Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Riviera Blue - Special Order Color

This is one of my top colors. Riviera Blue and its paint to order. Was availabe on the 944/968 Club Sports and the 993's.

Re: Getting a new 987s...but which color? Need input!

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Carmon red looks great in the sunshine. Don't understand why SWMBO doesn't like it.

It's very elegant and at the same time very nail-polishy...
    "Trying a bit too hard"-ish, maybe?

SWMBO MBO!
    If you ever find yourself questioning the choices of SWMBO just remember that your measely opinion is of no interest compared to hers.

Sad but true. If I (we) were speccing up a new Boxster right now it would have to be cobalt blue. SWMBO is totally unanimous on that decision.

Dark Olive..

looks almost black...

until the sun hits it !

Quote:
    percymon said:
    Dark Olive..

looks almost black...

until the sun hits it !

Oooh-hoo! That looks stunning!

Is that what they call "Tannengrün" in Germany?
    (Or is it the Schwedelschlitzengeflitzenhabengrün?")

I wonder what interior color would work with that.
    Tan would prolly make the whole car look too "british" and black would make the whole car black...

Did a quick test of a yellow with 19-20" Speedart rims.
    I know the angle of the rims is a bit off, but u get the idea.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Tan would prolly make the whole car look too "british"

And what's wrong with looking British may I ask

Re: More Speed Yellow

Quote:
    GR said:
    Dr Phil,

If you go to the UK approved used cars there are over 180 Boxsters (986 and 987) with most colours represented, even a couple of unusual ones:

http://www.porsche.com/uk/approvedused/pre-ownedsearch/

Thanks! Good idea. I just checked it out, and most are black, silver or grey.
    Pretty boring, actually.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

Tan would prolly make the whole car look too "british" and black would make the whole car black...

Well i can tell you terracotta doesn't work too well - this one's been for sale in the OPC in Exeter since March !

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

I dare say, old chap.
    Those ghastly krauts really got to me!
    For a moment I actually found the mere concept of a lavishly aristocratic evergreen enamel appalling. And the spectacle of such green gently paired with 7 carefully chosen tan hides was a pleasure I chose to forego.
    I do beg your pardon, old bean.
    I shan't be bothering old Blighty again anytime soon with my prussian synapses.

Toodles.

By the way:

2002.08.28/11:01
    New statistics: British gentleman gone with the wind A survey of the habits of British people has revealed that the gentlemanly figure striding with bowler hat and umbrella in hand down the streets of London has been replaced by a character with much more base habits.

More than 60% of those involved in the survey admitted that they pick their noses and burp loudly in public while nearly 30% said they break wind indiscreetly in public on a regular basis.

The worst offenders in the UK were those from Northern Ireland, followed by the Welsh, 61% of whom admitted to breaking wind in public and passing the blame on to others.

John ASHTEAD
    PRAVDA.Ru
    LONDON UNITED KINGDOM

http://newsfromrussia.com/fun/2002/08/28/35408_.html

Quote:
    percymon said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

Well i can tell you terracotta doesn't work too well - this one's been for sale in the OPC in Exeter since March !

Yuck-O-Rama!

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

I dare say, old chap.
    Those ghastly krauts really got to me!
    For a moment I actually found the mere concept of a lavishly aristocratic evergreen enamel appalling. And the spectacle of such green gently paired with 7 carefully chosen tan hides was a pleasure I chose to forego.
    I do beg your pardon, old bean.
    I shan't be bothering old Blighty again anytime soon with my prussian synapses.

Toodles.

By the way:

2002.08.28/11:01
    New statistics: British gentleman gone with the wind A survey of the habits of British people has revealed that the gentlemanly figure striding with bowler hat and umbrella in hand down the streets of London has been replaced by a character with much more base habits.

More than 60% of those involved in the survey admitted that they pick their noses and burp loudly in public while nearly 30% said they break wind indiscreetly in public on a regular basis.

The worst offenders in the UK were those from Northern Ireland, followed by the Welsh, 61% of whom admitted to breaking wind in public and passing the blame on to others.

John ASHTEAD
    PRAVDA.Ru
    LONDON UNITED KINGDOM

http://newsfromrussia.com/fun/2002/08/28/35408_.html

Jolly good old bean, bandits at 10 o'clock, don't you know what? Pass the cucumber sandwiches, will you dear boy?

Anyway, these behavioural issues don't really compare with rape and pillage which is what your lot used to do when they came here in longboats for their holidays.

That combo with terracotta would be good for Christopher Lee, I can picture him driving at night, top and windows down with his cape blowing in the wind.

Predictably (well-heeled) I agree with Ente - I think you should try to give Carmon Red a second look. And by that I mean you should consider going out of your way to see one in the flesh in different lighting conditions.

Other than that Percy's advice sounds good - when it comes to being fussy about how his car looks he's batting with the best

Couple more Carmon Red pictures (997) (from Rennteam):
    http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat...amp;Search=true
    http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=62182&page=&fpart=1&vc=1
    (986 German dealer):
    http://ucl.porsche.de/ucl/plsql/de/clien...=20&lnr_=10
    (987 - US dealer):
    http://inskip.porschedealer.com/preowned_cars/info.php?inventoryid=244255
    (986 - US dealer)
    http://ucl.porsche.de/ucl/plsql/usa/clie...=22&lnr_=10

Very different colour in different lighting conditions. Not grey, not silver, not black - but also not toy car.

I like the carmon red, sort of... I don't know, the texture and color remind me of a Fruit Roll-Up, or cranberry sauce. Would need the Sand color interior to make it look its best in my opinion.

Yes, the previous picture was my Carmon Red 987. I can say that I have NEVER gotten as many compliments on a color than I do with this car. It almost becomes a standard part of the conversation:

Them: Nice Porsche
    Me: yeah, thanks.
    Them: Wow, I love the color...
    Me: yeah, thanks

In the sunlight it looks great, very metallic, not purplish or "nail polishy" at all (although the pic does seem to make it that way a bit)
    At dusk, it is simply stunning. A very deep, almost "blood" red. I truly can't take my eyes off it. My wife gets embarrased when I park it and walk backwards to our destination

All I can say is, check out one in person. It hides minor imperfections well, and is fairly easy to touch up. It also has fantastic reflective qualities. Hope this helps.....

Mike

What do you think about a Boxster in Arctic on Sand Beige? I live in the Northwest (USA) and it's gloomy about 6 to 8 months of the year so I figure the Arctic is the best of the silver/gray colors. I buy every car with a tan interior as I just like the lighter yet warm color (relative to gray or black). I've never seen this combination on a Boxster - I've only seen the Arctic/Cocoa on a Cayman which was relatively close, but not the same thing. Also, it seems like Arctic/black is just a wee bit too common around here so it's nice to have something different. Any thoughts, good or bad? I'd love to see a picture if someone has one.

Quote:
    newboxsterowner1 said:
    What do you think about a Boxster in Arctic on Sand Beige? I live in the Northwest (USA) and it's gloomy about 6 to 8 months of the year so I figure the Arctic is the best of the silver/gray colors. I buy every car with a tan interior as I just like the lighter yet warm color (relative to gray or black). I've never seen this combination on a Boxster - I've only seen the Arctic/Cocoa on a Cayman which was relatively close, but not the same thing. Also, it seems like Arctic/black is just a wee bit too common around here so it's nice to have something different. Any thoughts, good or bad? I'd love to see a picture if someone has one.

Welcome to Rennteam. Personally I reckon ocean blue / metropole blue soft top is the best combintion for arctic. I don't personally think beige with arctic would work too well. If you want sand beige interior (much better in full leather than part leather as the plastic beige parts don't look too good) then midnight blue or black exterior are probably the best colours, although sand beige looks good with seal grey.

Agree fully with dreamcar - the beige looks low rent on the plastics of the dashboard and needs full leather option to look right.

Beige is also not liked in the UK, but seems to be popular in US.

Arctic with metropole is a classy colour combo, especially with the hood in blue too.

Avoid the grey hood - its very difficult to keep clean and doesn't look great even with seal or arctic

How about one of these Dr. Phil?
    This is my latest creation, I call it - The CGTwannaB

GT Silver
    Cocoa
    Carrera Classics
    Sport Design package
    Alu package

Thanks for the input. I agree with the low rent comment on the beige and may go with full leather. I really love the magnolia leather (very light cream color) but I've heard that it's tough to keep clean and you sure as hell can't wear a new pair of Levis for any length of time! Too bad because I fully intend to drive this car.

I happened upon the proud owner of a Cayman S today while buying fireworks. He showed me his $4000 aftermarket Pioneer navigation/audio/backup camera unit and it was absolutely fantastic. For folks in the US, it was done at Car Toys in Beaverton, OR and it looked completely stock. Wish I had grabbed a pic on my cell phone. I'll try to get more info and post here sometime as it kicked butt over the factory head unit and/or the factory navigation screen.

I would say I love Seal Grey, especially with Black interior...

But the blue 911.... Loved that too!

My favourite colour, cobalt blue, and now it is no longer a "special" at silly money

If you wash the car yourself the only color is Black/Black/Black with some silver or chrome trim!

Quote:
    jyiu said:
    If you wash the car yourself the only color is Black/Black/Black with some silver or chrome trim!

Just as well we all like different things - wouldn't this thread be dull.

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Quote:
    jyiu said:

Just as well we all like different things - wouldn't this thread be dull.

As much as I like Black I wouldn't buy another Black car again! Because I am lazy.

Quote:
    jyiu said:

Quote:
    jyiu said:

As much as I like Black I wouldn't buy another Black car again! Because I am lazy.

I ordered black, then the OPC messed it up before i got the keys. Found atlas instead and haven't regretted it once

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    778510 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442128 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263002 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261290 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85533 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5753 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880965 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816808 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM