Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Driving crazy for a white Turbo..

That is a Sexy car

Quote:
    Super Darius said:
    Yesterday i changed my order..now is White/cocoa plus carbon..

But if i must tell all..i don't like too much those rims on the white turbo up here..i prefer the stock ones..it looks too big!

ciaoo

You still have time to go for the PCCB. I would delete the carbon stuff since it can be retrofitted later on (to save initial cost). White isn't bad at all but I'm not sure about the brown interior, looks a bit too elegant for me.
    I would keep it simple.

Regarding the "Champion" car: UGLY. Sorry. The rims look horrible, they're too big and even the lowering doesn't look to good if you ask me. I highly recommend to wait to see a 997 Turbo LIVE before making any stupid decisions about adding aftermarket stuff to the car.

Quote:
    RC said:
    White isn't bad at all but I'm not sure about the brown interior, looks a bit too elegant for me.

Imho, from the photos., the CGT should have been offered with Cocoa instead of Ascot.

Quote:
    Super Darius said:
    Yesterday i changed my order..now is White/cocoa plus carbon..

But if i must tell all..i don't like too much those rims on the white turbo up here..i prefer the stock ones..it looks too big!

ciaoo

well done dario!! the combo is perfect!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
    dhayek said:

well done dario!! the combo is perfect!!!!!!!!!

thanks..but sometimes i think is too sexy...

RC,about PCCB......is the only thing i haven't..but is too much expensive for me..specially if i think on the resale value..

the more you spend in options,the more you loss on resale value..is not right..but unfortunately is true..

Quote:
    Super Darius said:

For Darius, yes, it's much too sexy.
    For Super Darius, never.

Quote:
    MAVERICK said:
    Quote:
    Super Darius said:

For Super Darius, never.

HAHAHAH

lol, maybe you need a cape Dario, in the same color as your red calipers, and then in whit (or cocoa) the letters SD on it... en then you drive with one fist in front of you...
    -Joost-

@Damian

I was standing in front of this car only a couple of weeks ago, I studied spring quarter at UCSB. After a party we (3 other germans and me) went to the dealer. It was closed, but there were a lot of Porsches standing outside :-)

I don't like white cars in Germany, but the strange thing is that I love them in USA. Even it's the same model and everything. Perhaps it's because the cars are normally clean in SB area compared to the cars in the area where I'm from.

Same for the other germans, we couldn't find another reason.

byebye
    Christian

Quote:
    Joost said:
    lol, maybe you need a cape Dario, in the same color as your red calipers, and then in whit (or cocoa) the letters SD on it... en then you drive with one fist in front of you...
    -Joost-

good idea..to go directly in a hospital for crazy people..hahaha

Come on now, Dario. You look great!

And one with the car .

Quote:
    OCEAN said:
    Quote:
    Is that a P-shop? If not what kind of suspension did they use? I thought that because of the PASM and networked systems that suspension mods would take significant developement. Looks great.

it is real , do not know the suspension they used .... Champion the dealer in Miami did it to one of their first cars . Best looking 997TT I have seen so far ...

here is another shot ... looks like a whole different car , compared to the thing sitting up in the air with the factory wheels that I never liked .. this thing looks like a race car .

Nice ~
    The drop is only a photoshop.
    The wheels are real.
    Those are the RG5's. Only way it would look better imo is w/ the 98's
    http://www.championmotorsport.com/997RS98.htm

W/ the 98's at speed all you see is the brake caliper and the wheel lip. Crazy cool lookin. The least amount of spoke surface possible. It was a toss up whether I liked the TechArt Formula's or the Champions until recently. The Champions are the Champs.

I'm usually against the looks of after-market wheels. To me if often makes the car look much older. Like it's been around the block too many times w/ bad choices from previous owners but can't help but love the way Champions look on the turbo.

Just spoke w/ Champion unfortunately they dont make the 98 in a 20". These are the RG5's 20". Sick.

OCEAN - Imagine these wheels on a turbo cab from the rear, top down..........Mommy !!!!!

W/ the 98's at speed all you see is the brake caliper and the wheel lip

I have the RG5's monolites on my 996 turbo, you can see the brake caliper's at speed also. Not a big fan of aftermarket wheels on a porsche, but these wheels are very nice, and with the PCCB great look and no mess !!!

Quote:
    The drop is only a photoshop.

thanks for clearing that up ..... the perfect wheels are nowhere in sight for this car yet . The factory wheels blacked out would help them a little the polished look is cheesy and dated to me and further makes a wheel that is already too busy even worse . If this wheel was so great I think you would see people doing all they could to put them on their 977's like they did with the twisties in 95 when the 993 turbo came out . Not this time nice wheels but nothing special .

Have you seen these wheels in person? The finish is much nicer looking. They are much less shiny/bling and appear more of a gunmetal agressive color. They look great IMHO.

Quote:
    trip said:
    Have you seen these wheels in person? The finish is much nicer looking. They are much less shiny/bling and appear more of a gunmetal agressive color. They look great IMHO.

I second that. I saw my first 997TT this morning. The wheels looked great.

Quote:
    Crash said:

And one with the car .

HAHAHAHAH,asap i send you my real pics,that guy has curly hair..thing that i haven't..

hiihii

ciaoo

Quote:
    Super Darius said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

And one with the car .

HAHAHAHAH,asap i send you my real pics,that guy has curly hair..thing that i haven't..

hiihii

ciaoo

Sure, I can make another one .

Ciao Dario,

Belated congratulations on your choice! I am considering the same combination. In fact, I am struggling to justify opting for PCCB since the car will probably see track action only occassionally and as you know, here in America, we can't drive like you in Italy!

Quote:
    mp said:
    Ciao Dario,

Belated congratulations on your choice! I am considering the same combination. In fact, I am struggling to justify opting for PCCB since the car will probably see track action only occassionally and as you know, here in America, we can't drive like you in Italy!

I think in Italy things must change in next time..unfortunately,and not in the good side..

In the week end,a guy in USA take home a car with same our configuration..and he promised to make some pics..can't wait!

Alrighty, dumb question time. Hard to admit, but after buying my Boxster S SE, I became foo foo. I now like interiors and pay more attention to the materials.

I LOVE cocoa brown.

That center console is silver. Is that stock? I've only seen one tt so far, and I don't remember the center console in silver.

The center console is painted the exterior color in the Boxster S SE - and that's an option on the 997tt. I recently saw a 997 with the center console leather option and it was really sharp too.

Ok, feel free to flame away. I know, it's embarrassing. My turbo is stripped out and recarpeted, the dashboard cut for the cage - and I still find it beautiful (mostly because how it feels to drive admittedly). But that Boxster interior really captured my fancy. I'd like to semi-repeat it with my new turbo.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689513 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409199 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255721 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234975 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65522 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4645 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857947 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773998 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM