Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: More Audi R8 news...

Glad you like it!
    Audi is entering Sportscar segment with only one goal-to be at the top! R8 will be awsome in V8 version but, V10(2008) will be real beast...

Quote:
    Friscorays said:
    I apologize if the link to this video has been posted before:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/autoexpresstv/spyshotvideos/200300/audi_r8.html

By the way, I haven't had any problems with my V8 Vantage. I think Aston's reliability issues are overstated on their VH platform cars.

John

Thanks John for the clip, hadn't seen it before.

And congratulations are in order for the AMV8, I had no idea you already took delivery of the beauty. Please post some pictures or if you have post the link please.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Glad you like it!
    Audi is entering Sportscar segment with only one goal-to be at the top! R8 will be awsome in V8 version but, V10(2008) will be real beast...

If your information is correct (and I don't doubt it at all) the R8 will hit Porsche massively. The damage to Porsche cannot be overestimated - also as BMW and Mercedes are very likely to follow if Audi penetrates the sports car sector successfully. Porsche might get screwed badly...

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    ...I wonder will there be someone else on rennteam?

They won't admit .

Well I know 'Mike S' will be getting one 3 of us so far.

I was actually the first to put deposit on it (the paper shows R9, didn't know the real name yet) but they have a customer that buys every Porsche and Audi models they get kind of like our Mike S on rennteam so naturally he is number 1.

I'm going to the dealer on Thursday June 22 for the launch of the Q7 and the 997TT, I'll find out more about it.

LOL ron, you give me too much credit

Yes, please keep us updated. (Also please take lots of photos of the Q7, I'm rather curious to see proper photos of it.

Well... Let me tell you honestly that I simply love Porsche! I have 997 Turbo on order but, I like R8 even more!
    It is new, fresh, looking awsome from company that has excellent race history(who won Le Mans this year again?!).
    This car will be in sportscar segment what is Renault currently in F1...

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Glad you like it!

If your information is correct (and I don't doubt it at all) the R8 will hit Porsche massively. The damage to Porsche cannot be overestimated - also as BMW and Mercedes are very likely to follow if Audi penetrates the sports car sector successfully. Porsche might get screwed badly...

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    ..Also please take lots of photos of the Q7, I'm rather curious to see proper photos of it.

Will do .

I'm #1 at my dealer for one also.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Glad you like it!

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Glad you like it!

Congrats on your 1000th post!

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Glad you like it!

Congrats on your 1000th post!

Thank you very much

(Just noticed that my 1000th post did not have too much content )

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    It is new, fresh, looking awsome from company that has excellent race history(who won Le Mans this year again?!).
    This car will be in sportscar segment what is Renault currently in F1...

And with a diesel no less Congratulations to Audi
    Maybe we will see a R8 V12 diesel sometime in the future...

Or you could say that this car will be in the sportscar segment what Audi has been at Le Mans the last 7-8 years

Any idea when the official information and pictures will be released KresoF1

Temm, I will have official dealers guide on 1st August but, I can not post it here before Paris Show. I promise that to my dealer... I will PM you as soon as I get it! Everything will be in it colours, leathers, optional equipment and all technical data!

Here is Light Blue one...

...and some Silver

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Temm, I will have official dealers guide on 1st August but, I can not post it here before Paris Show. I promise that to my dealer... I will PM you as soon as I get it! Everything will be in it colours, leathers, optional equipment and all technical data!

Include me in your secrets too please whenever you get the material, would love to know what I am getting myself into .

Ron,
    I will PM you as well! Dealers guide will be in your email in August. Just a hint-more info monday next week...

this will be agreat car if they dont screw up with price (a thing Wiedeking would love and which he certainly can influence...).
    the le mans prototype was the first sportscar at Audi designed by de Silva and I must say it looked even better in the flesh at the IAA than it looks in pictures... lets hope it has at least 996tt performance, then it will be truely interesting.

Thanks

Quote:
    Hurst said:
    weight is my biggest question for the R8.

B&O Sound System!!! Music to my ears

If weight is your concern than I think you'll have to skip the B&O system, since it will probably add a lot of weight to the car if they use the same speakers as in the A8.
    (Have you ever tried to lift a B&O TV? )

Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Hurst said:

If weight is your concern than I think you'll have to skip the B&O system, since it will probably add a lot of weight to the car if they use the same speakers as in the A8.

I have a B&O phone and it isn't very heavy .

so the V10 will out peform the 997tt? and be lighter,!
    K if so this car is awsome

Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Hurst said:

I'd compromise on it. Audiophile grade sound is my only weakspot when it comes to car performance

Quote:
    Hurst said:
    Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Hurst said:

I'd compromise on it. Audiophile grade sound is my only weakspot when it comes to car performance

Right attitude

I have the B&O sound system in my A8. It is worth every kg (or whatever weight unit may be relevant)

No matter how I look at it, I would believe R8 is totally a Gallardo under different skin.
    Just like MB R-class and Chrysler Pacifica.....

Quote:
    deedee said:
    No matter how I look at it, I would believe R8 is totally a Gallardo under different skin.
    Just like MB R-class and Chrysler Pacifica.....

An important business decision at Audi would be to give the R8 and the Gallardo the same engine power: Lambo lovers would still buy Lambo - and those who would never buy a Lambo (like me ) would buy the R8 knowing that it is at least as fast (fatser...) than the competing Lambo car

It might even pay off to sell the Lamborghini brand and to do all future sports car business under the Audi brand. This would clearly maximize Audi group's aggregate sales figures in the sports car segment.

Quote:
    dsts6 said:

I seriously doubt it if this car would be in the same league as the 997TT. AUDI initially mentioned it would be in the same class as Aston AMV8 and Carrera not the turbo.

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    dsts6 said:

I seriously doubt it if this car would be in the same league as the 997TT. AUDI initially mentioned it would be in the same class as Aston AMV8 and Carrera not the turbo.

Not with a V10 it won't be. The V8 will be in the Carrera and Aston class, but the V10 will clearly be targeting Porsche and Ferrari.

Quote:
    MKSGR said:

An important business decision at Audi would be to give the R8 and the Gallardo the same engine power: Lambo lovers would still buy Lambo - and those who would never buy a Lambo (like me ) would buy the R8 knowing that it is at least as fast (fatser...) than the competing Lambo car

It might even pay off to sell the Lamborghini brand and to do all future sports car business under the Audi brand. This would clearly maximize Audi group's aggregate sales figures in the sports car segment.

Let's just hope they don't suffer from any "brand snobbery" as I mentioned earlier. I mean, just look at what happened to the VW Phaeton - VWs attempt at entering the luxury car segment.

But Audi has a better vantage point than VW had because of their success at Le Mans and in the Le Mans series. So I think that the R8 will be a success.
    But I'm looking forward to seeing what happens on this board next year when the first owners get their R8s and start singing it praises.
    How will the Porsche (and Ferrari) owners react
    (with the Cayman vs 911 debate fresh in mind)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753215 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430780 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258624 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255481 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79532 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868369 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801951 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM