Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

If anyone has pics of 430's w/ CF steering wheel/

drivers zone please post them.
    Currently my order has the red leather steering wheel top just like my Challenge Stradale. The interior is going to be the new DUAL color. Black & Red. Black racing seats w/ Red leather inserts, same w/ doors and rear shelf. & red stitch.

I spoke w/ my dealer today regarding something else and I brought up maybe adding the CF wheel. I'm trying to decide whether to do so or not. The car is Corsa. My AC vents will be CF and so will the racing seats obviously. Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

ps: I took this pic last fall of a buddies car. This is the option I'm referring to. Was hoping someone had a pic of it inside a black interior or black interior w/ red stitching.

Re: If anyone has pics of 430's w/ CF steering wheel/

Stradale, this is from Ferrarichat, I think that you saw it...

Thanks, yeah I saw that pic. And although I'm not a fan of the tans that interior is really nice. They're great pics too, taking shots w/ out a flash really makes the interior look fantastic.

Kreso - What's your opinion/What would you do?

Damn, is that retrofittable?

Stradale, if money is not the object go for full CF!
    It will look amazing with dual color Black/Red leather!
    One other thing-your car will have a personal touch...

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Damn, is that retrofittable?

AFAIK yes, but it's a lot more $ retrofitted.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

My thinking is this - I already know I'm getting what I paid (msrp) for my CS in trade. The trade direct to the dealer will save me $17,500 in taxes. So in the future if I decide to trade in the F430 for a 430CS (pista) then I'll get back what I paid, more than likey even make money this time around so whatever money I put in the car I'll get returned. Might as well build it exactly how I want within reason at least. I'm at approx. $35k in options w/ CCM's. The only thing I cant talk myself into that if money were absolutely no object whatsoever is the CF engine compartment. It's nice but for $9k especially since the 430CS will have it well...maybe I need to leave somethin off (CF engine comp) just to make myself feel like I'm being financially responsible. The $4k for the steering wheel is reasonable enough that I can talk myself into doing it, if I think it will look good. lol!!............especially since it's what you're looking at and touching all the time....nudge,nudge. right?

I agree with you on CF for engine.
    Here is another pic of Driving Zone CF...

Here's another couple pics of that cars CF wheel. Anyone have one w/ a black interior?

Thanks Kreso.

Amazing what a difference good photography can make. I've seen this interior in person and it looks,,,, okay. Not orange that's fer sure ..The flash really kills it. Have a meeting, gotta run,. TIE.

what makes you so sure there will be a 430CS or pista like you name it

stradale ,since you already have a lot of black /red , i would go for CF steering wheel..

I loved that red stitching in the steering wheel.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

My thinking is this - I already know I'm getting what I paid (msrp) for my CS in trade. The trade direct to the dealer will save me $17,500 in taxes. So in the future if I decide to trade in the F430 for a 430CS (pista) then I'll get back what I paid, more than likey even make money this time around so whatever money I put in the car I'll get returned. Might as well build it exactly how I want within reason at least. I'm at approx. $35k in options w/ CCM's. The only thing I cant talk myself into that if money were absolutely no object whatsoever is the CF engine compartment. It's nice but for $9k especially since the 430CS will have it well...maybe I need to leave somethin off (CF engine comp) just to make myself feel like I'm being financially responsible. The $4k for the steering wheel is reasonable enough that I can talk myself into doing it, if I think it will look good. lol!!............especially since it's what you're looking at and touching all the time....nudge,nudge. right?

Should get any option you desire on a 430@MSRP; very likely to have 100% resale value, esp if trade-in @<5K mis/12 mos for next new F, further working to elevate your priority status@your dealer....simple game in US isn't it?

BTW, don't understand all the sales tx vs trade-in nonsense ....don't all capital efficiency-conscious guys only lease their cars, $0 down??? NY state has leasing back, right?

Quote:
    Patriek said:
    what makes you so sure there will be a 430CS or pista like you name it

I just know. Watch.

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Should get any option you desire on a [Email]430@MSRP;[/Email] very likely to have 100% resale value, esp if trade-in @<5K mis/12 mos for next new F, further working to elevate your priority [Email]status@your[/Email] dealer....simple game in US isn't it?

BTW, don't understand all the sales tx vs trade-in nonsense ....don't all capital efficiency-conscious guys only lease their cars, $0 down??? NY state has leasing back, right?

Very likely to have 105-110% resale value.

It's very simple - Say you buy a car for $200k & pay $17,500 tax. Then you want to trade that car for one also costing $200k. You trade the car in that's worth $200k and since you already paid tax once you don't pay it again, ever. You can trade in a car every year and lets say they cost the same msrp you don't pay tax on the 2nd or 3rd car and so on. If every car you buy from here on out equals $200k you can keep trading in and never pay anymore tax on any new car. OR If the new car is $20k more ($220k) than your trade in is worth ($200k) you only pay tax on the $20k. (which is the difference)

You can do a lease ballon and still take advantage of the tax break but it's even better just to buy the car that way when you trade it you get every single cent back. In other words for my CS it will cost me $0 to own. I'm getting every cent I put into it back in addition it will give me a $17,500 tax break ($200k trade x 8.75%) on the 430.

re: "don't all capital efficiency-conscious guys only lease their cars, $0 down???". No, wrong way to do it. When you lease you have to pay monthly interest charges. When you trade in for the next vehicle you don't get that back. On my CS it would have cost be approx. $1500 per month in interest. Would have lost maybe $30k... No brainer.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Should get any option you desire on a [Email]430@MSRP;[/Email] very likely to have 100% resale value, esp if trade-in @<5K mis/12 mos for next new F, further working to elevate your priority [Email]status@your[/Email] dealer....simple game in US isn't it?

It's very simple - Say you buy a car for $200k & pay $17,500 tax. Then you want to trade that car for one also costing $200k. You trade the car in that's worth $200k and since you already paid tax once you don't pay it again, ever. You can trade in a car every year and lets say they cost the same msrp you don't pay tax on the 2nd or 3rd car and so on. If every car you buy from here on out equals $200k you can keep trading in and never pay anymore tax on any new car. OR If the new car is $20k more ($220k) than your trade in is worth ($200k) you only pay tax on the $20k. (which is the difference)

You can do a lease ballon and still take advantage of the tax break but it's even better just to buy the car that way when you trade it you get every single cent back. In other words for my CS it will cost me $0 to own. I'm getting every cent I put into it back in addition it will give me a $17,500 tax break ($200k trade x 8.75%) on the 430.

re: "don't all capital efficiency-conscious guys only lease their cars, $0 down???". No, wrong way to do it. When you lease you have to pay monthly interest charges. When you trade in for the next vehicle you don't get that back. On my CS it would have cost be approx. $1500 per month in interest. Would have lost maybe $30k... No brainer.

As long as the F US artificial scarcity game continues, resale value isn't at risk (but like most Ponzi-like schemes it will end some day ), so why are you worried re: cost of any options you'd like??? (and BTW have airship costs added to sticker )

CA leases are more efficient than NYC region leases from a sales tx perspective....in CA leases, only pay sales tx, mthly not upfront, on part of car's value being financed in lease (and that amt is even more truncated when terminating a lease early); cost (and oppty cost) of capital obviously varies by individual....but suspect many reasonably affluent NYC/Greenwich hedge fund/pvt equity guys obtain cheap-money leases on their cars/planes, while investing their capital in (hopefully) more productive places than silly, discretionary cars/planes/houses....

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

You guys are VERY lucky over there, driving a F, and it cost you nothing !! ..... what would happen if it would be different ...

Ferraris certainly wouldn't be touted as the be-all-end-all cars anymore. They'd certainly lose much of their appeal to the poser crowds. However, true enthusiasts could then get their hands on them more easily.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    The $4k for the steering wheel is reasonable enough that I can talk myself into doing it, if I think it will look good. lol!!............especially since it's what you're looking at and touching all the time....nudge,nudge. right?

Very, very nudge, STRADALE!

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

As long as the F US artificial scarcity game continues, resale value isn't at risk (but like most Ponzi-like schemes it will end some day ), so why are you worried re: cost of any options you'd like??? (and BTW have airship costs added to sticker )

CA leases are more efficient than NYC region leases from a sales tx perspective....in CA leases, only pay sales tx, mthly not upfront, on part of car's value being financed in lease (and that amt is even more truncated when terminating a lease early); cost (and oppty cost) of capital obviously varies by individual....but suspect many reasonably affluent NYC/Greenwich hedge fund/pvt equity guys obtain cheap-money leases on their cars/planes, while investing their capital in (hopefully) more productive places than silly, discretionary cars/planes/houses....

Can't say for sure about the rest of the country but in my area the scarcity is definitely not artificial. I personally know people that put deposits down for 360 Modena's and Spider's 3 and 4 years ago and they still don't have cars. Part of what hurt their chances of course was the fact they stopped making the car and the 430 was only going to existing customers so it's a real catch 22. And recently (late 2005,early 06) Ferrari was making 430 Challenge cars and there were very few F430 Coupe's being produced. I should have ordered my car in December not May. And it's a vicious cycle because by the time guys might get close to getting a car at msrp the new model will be out and the whole waiting game starts all over again. Know way for me to know what the real #'s of waiting people vs. cars available but nothing I'm seeing even the increased production numbers says the cars are going to be any less scarce for the near future.

I'm not worried about the cost of the options it's just a matter of what size check I'm comfortable writing. If I was a single guy & without kids it wouldn't matter to me. As it is I'm putting about $40k w/ of options on a $185k car. I love the F430 but there's comes a point to where I rather use the money for something else I enjoy or towards investments. No, I'm not going to fly the car in. I think it's a waste of money but more so because it takes away from some of the enjoyment.

Regarding the lease deal. On a Porsche I can see it but on a Ferrari you're paying the bank for the "car's value" that you use and they don't appreciate the cars real market value. They depreciate the car, not like most vehicles but they still do and you pay them for that. They're in the car lease business to make money not loan it for free. NY, CA or otherwise. With a new @ msrp 8cyl Ferrari you're better off keeping the $ for yourself. I was a stockbroker so I know what you're referring to regarding "investing their capital" instead and now w/ current rates. etc. that's more and more an option vs 2 years ago but from my number crunching I'm better off leasing w/ option on the Porsche and doing the finances for the F-Car on my own. Of course everybody has different needs/goals so what works for me may not be the best way to go for someone else. Thanks VKSF.

Quote:
    Patriek said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

You guys are VERY lucky over there, driving a F, and it cost you nothing !! ..... what would happen if it would be different ...

I know great isn't it.

If it were different and the 430 depreciated I'd still buy a 430. I'm going to buy a Porsche turbo cab that will run close $ wise to the 430's base msrp and that car will depreciate so if the 430 depreciated why wouldn't I buy it. As a matter of fact if both depreciated I'd be more likey to buy the 430 versus the Porsche if I could only buy one. It's weird it's like you're saying the Ferrari isn't good enough on it's own if it didn't also carry the residual $benefit. To be honest though it would probably influence my decision to keep the car a little longer vs. trading in every year or so.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    The $4k for the steering wheel is reasonable enough that I can talk myself into doing it, if I think it will look good. lol!!............especially since it's what you're looking at and touching all the time....nudge,nudge. right?

Very, very nudge, STRADALE!

Gotcha. Thanks buddy.

JUST got off the phone w/ my dealer. Added the CF driver's zone. Couldn't help myself and added the CF for lower cabin too. OUCH! This car's going to be a fortune.

since you are messing with the bill ,go for the CF engine bay..want to get drunk?dont count the glasses...

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    since you are messing with the bill ,go for the CF engine bay..want to get drunk?dont count the glasses...

LOL!! Nah I'm good. This is perfect. Lot more than I originally wanted to drink but just shy of being sick.

ps: I'm looking for a thread posted approx. last fall. It had pictures from a Ferrari Rally that I went on. I must be blind or something. Or maybe I just added the pics them to someone elses thread, dont remember. Can anyone give e a hand?

ps2: My dealer said something about the car being close or at "10" so these would be the lat changes . I didn't think to ask him what this means, does anyone know?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688736 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408786 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255563 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234818 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65406 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857653 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773515 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM