Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Porsche Cayenne S Titanium Edition to Debut in July

I found this posted on PPBB today...

New Feature-Packed Porsche(R) Cayenne(R) S Titanium Edition to Debut in July
    806 words
    14 June 2006
    03:32
    Canada NewsWire
    English
    Copyright (C) 2006 Canada NewsWire Ltd. All rights reserved.
    ATLANTA, June 14 /CNW/ -- ATLANTA, June 14 /CNW/ -

New Cayenne model--created especially for the North American market--to offer exclusive colors, and comprehensive option package as standard equipment

Porsche today announced a new model for the Cayenne lineup designed specifically for the U.S. and Canadian markets. The V-8 powered Cayenne S Titanium Edition will be available beginning in mid-July. This sharp new addition to the Porsche Cayenne lineup of sporting SUVs features titanium-colored trim, exclusive exterior and interior finishes, and the Cayenne's most popular options as standard equipment. The Cayenne S Titanium Edition will provide this additional content at a price point approximately 10 percent lower than a comparably equipped Cayenne S.

The newest Porsche SUV draws it moniker from the "Titanium Metallic" trim which is exclusive to the model. The exterior trim pieces which receive a finish in this subtle metallic hue include the roof spoiler, the frame and lower portion of the side mirrors, the front air inlets, window frames including the B- and C-pillars, door handles (with a body-color inlay), door-sill trim and the Cayenne S logo.

The Cayenne S Titanium Edition is available in four distinct exterior colors, including two which are exclusive to the new model: "Pure Red" is a vibrant and overtly sporting shade, and "Iceland Silver Metallic" is a classic light silver tinged with cool blue. The Cayenne S Titanium Edition will also be available in "Black" and "Marine Blue Metallic." Along with the door handle inlays, each Cayenne S Titanium Edition features body-colored rocker-panel extensions, helping frame the standard 19-inch wheels coated in a Titanium Metallic finish. Also standard are four-pipe-look chrome exhaust tips, and 20-inch SportTechno wheels with a titanium-color finish are optional.

The interior receives equal attention, as the cabin of each Cayenne S Titanium Edition features an exclusive two-tone design. The two color combinations are "Black/Sand Beige" and "Black/Steel Grey," with the dark finish covering the center sections of the seats and headrests, the floormats, the upper dashboard and door trim panels, the steering wheel rim and steering column, the front of the center console and the luggage compartment cover. In keeping with the model's metallic theme, the instrument cluster dials have a metal-look finish, and the stainless-steel door-entry guards are embossed with the "Cayenne S titanium" logo.

Contributing to its stylish-value theme, the Cayenne S Titanium Edition provides as standard equipment the most popular options fitted to vehicles in the North American market. These include Bi-Xenon headlights with dynamically controlled cornering lights, Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with DVD/GPS based navigation, and an electric tilting/sliding glass moonroof.

Like the Cayenne S, the Cayenne S Titanium Edition is propelled by a 340-horsepower, 4.5-liter V-8. Mated to the standard six-speed Tiptronic S automatic transmission, the Cayenne S Titanium Edition can sprint from a standstill to 60 mph (96 km/h) in only 6.8 seconds. The Cayenne S Titanium Edition can reach 99 mph (160 km/h) in just 16.8 seconds, and has a top track speed of 150 mph (242 km/h).

Like all of Porsche's vehicles, the Cayenne possesses amazingly athletic capabilities, and thanks to the standard all-wheel-drive and Porsche Traction Management, these capabilities are not limited to paved roads. While many SUVs have an inherent tendency towards nose-heavy handling characteristics, Porsche engineers direct the majority of the V-8 engine's torque (62 percent) to the rear wheels. This provides all Cayenne models with handling dynamics more in line with Porsche's rear-drive sports cars, setting it apart in the SUV marketplace. These traits are so sought after by enthusiast drivers that the Cayenne has become the best selling of all Porsche models.

The Porsche Cayenne Titanium Edition goes on sale in the U.S. and Canada in mid-July. Pricing for the new model in Canada is $89,800 (CAD).

Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA), based in Atlanta, GA, and its subsidiary, Porsche Cars Canada, Ltd., are the exclusive importers of Porsche sports cars and Cayenne sport utility vehicles for the United States and Canada. A wholly owned, indirect subsidiary of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, PCNA employs approximately 300 people who provide Porsche vehicles, parts, service, marketing and training for its 213 U.S. and Canadian dealers. They, in turn, provide Porsche owners with best-in-class service.

Re: Porsche Cayenne S Titanium Edition to Debut in July

They are so many ways they could improve the Cayenne, but silver trimmed outside mirrors would not be at the top of my list.

US price is $64,900. While there are some nice features included, I agree with JimFlat6 on some of the trim pieces (IMO the rear spoiler should be body-colored for one).

I'm anxious to see a pic of the "Pure Red" color. I'm generally not a big fan of two-tone interiors, so that certainly wouldn't sway me. Frankly, I think this is a last ditch effort to bolster Cayenne S sales prior to the upcoming facelift. Locally, the same Cayenne S stock has sat on the lot for months. It would seem that anyone that wanted one already has one or remains indifferent. The introduction of this "new" variant will likely make those even harder to unload.

Here you go... (with 20" techno wheels and air suspension)

Wow! Can you say fire truck?

What the heck are they thinking??

Here are the rest if the photos...

Another...

And the last one..

2 tone is nice but the seats are ugly and the rear spoiler should be painted in the exterior color...

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    They are so many ways they could improve the Cayenne, but silver trimmed outside mirrors would not be at the top of my list.

Let's have another Porsche marketing phenomenal to get rid of the remainder of Cayennes. Oh by the way, Paint it Red so it'll burn everyone's retina when they look at it.

My usual take on this sort of stuff is "to each his own," but this goes too far. Perhaps RC or some of our other German friends could help us out. What is the German translation for "marketing schlock," or maybe just "YUCK"?

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

Let's have another Porsche marketing phenomenal to get rid of the remainder of Cayennes. Oh by the way, Paint it Red so it'll burn everyone's retina when they look at it.

Hey! Ease up guys! It's not all that bad!

Well ... OK, maybe the red is a bit much ...

But what's wrong with Porsche selling cars and making money? If this can help them move some Cayennes while we wait for the facelift, great.

And improvement? Any vehicle could be improved. The Cayenne as it stands right now is an exceptional SUV and compares favorably with any competitor.

As usual, GM is the voice of reason. My reaction was strictly to the red version. The other stuff seems minor, if not my cup of tea. Will try to stifle my visceral reaction if/when I see one on the road.

What are you all talking about??? This is an awesome looking make-over. I've always found the standard cars to lack that boutique look. This car has got it. Best of all, it's a great deal at $65K in the U.S.. They'll have to give some pretty steep discounts to move the standard models, which will depreciate the used ones as well.

LOL, too bad that they didn't even bother to build the car... the red is very obviously photoshopped on all the pics...
    -Joost-

I like the look of the titanium trim too bad its not available on the Cayenne Turbo S.

I love that red color !!! finally something "sporty".

I'm looking forward for my Cayenne next year (facelift), and it will be in .... RED !! (customize color)

Quote:
    Joost said:
    LOL, too bad that they didn't even bother to build the car... the red is very obviously photoshopped on all the pics...
    -Joost-

How can you tell that (this is a serious question)? This is one of the 4 colors that it will be offered in, and is an official pic from Porsche (not saying that PS pictures aren't ever released, but since this is a car that is in production now, and red ones have been built...).

Quote:
    Patriek said:

I'm looking forward for my Cayenne next year (facelift), and it will be in .... RED !! (customize color)

The red is being offered as a special color for the Titanium Edition. Are you sure they will be offering red on the normal production models when the facelift comes out?

In the past Porsche has not offered customized colors on the Cayenne.

Phil

Selected dealerships already have this car. I'm told the Newport Beach dealer has one.

Quote:
    CityRacer said:
    Selected dealerships already have this car. I'm told the Newport Beach dealer has one.

Probably not, as they don't go on sale for another month (probably won't be shipped for a couple more weeks yet).

These vehicles are not for sale, but for display only. Check the Newport Beach Porsche website. It even shows in their inventory.

Quote:
    PS CA said:
    Quote:
    Patriek said:

The red is being offered as a special color for the Titanium Edition. Are you sure they will be offering red on the normal production models when the facelift comes out?

In the past Porsche has not offered customized colors on the Cayenne.

Phil

My dealer promised me a red one ... I hope he can keep his promise !

Quote:
    CityRacer said:
    These vehicles are not for sale, but for display only. Check the Newport Beach Porsche website. It even shows in their inventory.

Actually those would be cars they have on order. No Cayenne S Titaniums have been shipped to dealers yet. (If you have actually physically seen one there, then maybe they got it after the dealer meetings somehow.)

Any luck finding pics of the Iceland Silver?

Quote:
    Stephen said:
    Any luck finding pics of the Iceland Silver?

PCNA only has the red pics at this time.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688998 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408922 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255623 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234882 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65461 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4640 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857746 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773706 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM