Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Say Hello to Mr. Turbo...

Congrats...the Black color is really special...my next 911 will be black

...enjoy in good health!

WOAH!

Somehow, never saw this thread !!!

I have no words for the first pic in the trailer

So So lucky !!!!, it is PERFECT RC, congrats man!!!

btw your pic in the cayenne turbo S no words !!!, just be carefull.....This have to be one of your best summer holidays !!

Many congrats RC - she's an absolute beauty. Can't wait to read your report and to see more pics.

All I can say is WOW! (jaw-dropped), Great colour of course and I would have picked the tip too for a turbo. Looking forward to your driving impressions. Congratulations!

looking great RC, enjoy in good health and hurry back to give us a review:)

RC, congratulations on your new car! Just make sure not to drive it to work .

CONGRATS RC!!

Fitting that you would be the FIRST !

Gorgeous, congrat and enjoy in good health. Be safe my friend

Congratulations!!!

congrats rc! she looks awesome!!! BTW did the CT have a problem??? the coolant temperature gauge hit the red line.....cant be normal..

A few replies various questions

1. right, my 997 Turbo is basalt black met.
    2. no, exhaust pipes are the original ones, the chromed pipes weren't available when I ordered the car
    3. no, I always wanted Tiptronic S on the 997 Turbo, never had even the slightest thought about manual for some reasons
    4. yes, I was pretty sad that my wife got Tiptronic S on her Boxster S and although I got used to it and it works fine, it still isn't at par with manual
    5. some of you guys, to use the words of Carlos Mencia, don't pay attention. The Tiptronic S in the 997 Turbo has NOTHING to do with the setup used in ALL the other current Porsche models.
    6. I was actually doing 284 kph on the speedo on our way to Garmisch, the 275 kph were achieved when I had to slow down because I had my wife take the picture and she didn't turn on the camera fast enough. The Cayenne Turbo Powerkit is an unbelievable family car, the brake system is out of this world. Also had some "fun" with another Cayenne Turbo with austrian license plates (YANG4 at the end...) and I realized how well my Turbo is going (which would probably explain the frustration CR had in his F430 Spider... . I pulled away in any speed range and the austrian CT driver came two times on my right side and was laughing and shaking his head according to my wife. The difference in performance was HUGE, I pulled away around 100 meters in a few seconds each time and don't forget that my CT was fully loaded with luggage, kids, wife and of course me.
    7. I never drive at the limit with my family and therefore never had a criticial situation. NEVER. But most people worldwide would probably think I'm nuts but believe me, from my point of view, it is safe. The CTP is an unbelievable car and if maintained properly, a blast to drive. And since it seems I have lots of power too (press car), I may enjoy it even more now.
    8. the tire pressure was that high because of the outside temperature (32 degrees Celsius) and probably higher asphalt temperature. I put 0.2 bar over the factory recommended tire pressure (2.6 bar front and 3.4 bar rear for a fully loaded car) due to the high speed driving.

If you have more questions, ask.

Re: A few replies various questions

Quote:
    RC said:
    1. right, my 997 Turbo is basalt black met.
    2. no, exhaust pipes are the original ones, the chromed pipes weren't available when I ordered the car
    3. no, I always wanted Tiptronic S on the 997 Turbo, never had even the slightest thought about manual for some reasons
    4. yes, I was pretty sad that my wife got Tiptronic S on her Boxster S and although I got used to it and it works fine, it still isn't at par with manual
    5. some of you guys, to use the words of Carlos Mencia, don't pay attention. The Tiptronic S in the 997 Turbo has NOTHING to do with the setup used in ALL the other current Porsche models.
    6. I was actually doing 284 kph on the speedo on our way to Garmisch, the 275 kph were achieved when I had to slow down because I had my wife take the picture and she didn't turn on the camera fast enough. The Cayenne Turbo Powerkit is an unbelievable family car, the brake system is out of this world. Also had some "fun" with another Cayenne Turbo with austrian license plates (YANG4 at the end...) and I realized how well my Turbo is going (which would probably explain the frustration CR had in his F430 Spider... . I pulled away in any speed range and the austrian CT driver came two times on my right side and was laughing and shaking his head according to my wife. The difference in performance was HUGE, I pulled away around 100 meters in a few seconds each time and don't forget that my CT was fully loaded with luggage, kids, wife and of course me.
    7. I never drive at the limit with my family and therefore never had a criticial situation. NEVER. But most people worldwide would probably think I'm nuts but believe me, from my point of view, it is safe. The CTP is an unbelievable car and if maintained properly, a blast to drive. And since it seems I have lots of power too (press car), I may enjoy it even more now.
    8. the tire pressure was that high because of the outside temperature (32 degrees Celsius) and probably higher asphalt temperature. I put 0.2 bar over the factory recommended tire pressure (2.6 bar front and 3.4 bar rear for a fully loaded car) due to the high speed driving.

If you have more questions, ask.

285 km/h in an SUV. Next time I'm there, I want a ride - in the Cayenne !
    Are you sure Porsche didn't sell you an "improved" car? 50 horsepower or not, pulling away from a standard CT by 100 meters is nothing to laugh at.

Do you have option XD9, "Rims and Caps - Exterior Color" $1290?

RC where are you in Italy?????which city-town?

Quote:
    RC said:
    I was actually doing 284 kph on the speedo on our way to Garmisch, the 275 kph were achieved when I had to slow down because I had my wife take the picture and she didn't turn on the camera fast enough.

A rocket powered shed, then.

Congrats Christian! Enjoy it in good health!
    I hope that you will be pleased with your Turbo!

congrats chris. Car looks really awesome, black (non metallic of course) is just the best color for every car, if you ask me.
    But what do you think, when you do 284kph with the CTT, that the 24th will arrive faster.
    I am not sure if you can enjoy you hiliday right now, this is a real torture. Like haveing Angelina Jolie naked in your bed, but you are not allowed to touch her the next 10 days.

In Alexander she was stunning.

Congrats Christian, black looks great (probably best colour for the 997tt).

Only nine more days to go...

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Congrats Christian, black looks great (probably best colour for the 997tt).

Only nine more days to go...

I'm going to Germany tomorrow, so I just might make a detour and get myself a new car .

Congrats and i think every porsche-o-phile will envie you...
    I would have been sad to go on holliday just now...

More answers:

1. I would prefer my wife over Angelina Jolie ANYTIME because she isn't ugly either and I like blondes more.
    2. I'm at Lago di Garda (lake Garda) right now in North Italy.
    3. my Cayenne Turbo Powerkit really amazes me each and every day, power is pretty good and it is no secret that the Cayenne Turbo S uses the same hardware AND same software like the Powerkit Turbo, meaning that no Powerkit car should have less than 521 HP.
    4. there was some sort of protective stuff on my 997 Turbo, this is why it looks like two different colour tones. The car just came down the trailer, there was no time for cleaning it.
    5. the shifter is not painted in ext. colour, I got the carbon package and the shifter is part of it. Carbon looks very nice in the 997 Turbo, I'll post more pictures as soon as the whole protective sheets inside the car are removed.
    6. the back of the front seats is painted in ext. colour, nice option, will definetely post pictures too next week.

Thanks for the kind words, guys and sorry for the short reply but right now I'm using the TV in my hotel room for internet access because some jack.ss moved the antenna of the hotel lobby access point and I don't have any signal in my room anymore. I plan to correct this problem later on when nobody is in hotel lobby anymore. Thanks god I have a powerful Atheros WLan card in my UMPC, even with the correct position of the antenna in the lobby, the signal is only at around 20 dB in my room since the rooms aren't supposed to have WLan access.

Quote:
    RC said:
    More answers:

1. I would prefer my wife over Angelina Jolie ANYTIME because she isn't ugly either and I like blondes more.
    2. I'm at Lago di Garda (lake Garda) right now in North Italy.
    3. my Cayenne Turbo Powerkit really amazes me each and every day, power is pretty good and it is no secret that the Cayenne Turbo S uses the same hardware AND same software like the Powerkit Turbo, meaning that no Powerkit car should have less than 521 HP.
    4. there was some sort of protective stuff on my 997 Turbo, this is why it looks like two different colour tones. The car just came down the trailer, there was no time for cleaning it.
    5. the shifter is not painted in ext. colour, I got the carbon package and the shifter is part of it. Carbon looks very nice in the 997 Turbo, I'll post more pictures as soon as the whole protective sheets inside the car are removed.
    6. the back of the front seats is painted in ext. colour, nice option, will definetely post pictures too next week.

Thanks for the kind words, guys and sorry for the short reply but right now I'm using the TV in my hotel room for internet access because some jack.ss moved the antenna of the hotel lobby access point and I don't have any signal in my room anymore. I plan to correct this problem later on when nobody is in hotel lobby anymore. Thanks god I have a powerful Atheros WLan card in my UMPC, even with the correct position of the antenna in the lobby, the signal is only at around 20 dB in my room since the rooms aren't supposed to have WLan access.

So the Powerkit makes the Turbo S unnecessary. Are you taking your kids to Gardaland?
    Good luck with the antenna placement, double-o-seven .

Congrats on the new Turbo - enjoy it in good health and let us know all about it, once you have a change to drive it

Beautiful combo of colours and finish. Will help in my decision of specing my TT. I have a PK CT and love it to bits. Very Intersted to hear that its the same as the S in all but name! Congrats.

RC,
    I just realized something. I thought you had to have the triangle airbag w/ the tip but you have the sports steering wheel. Is that available in the US too?

I had thought this was one draw-back of the tip that was really bugging me, I don't like the traingular airbag. I was 75% for the manual 25% fo the tip a month ago but it's more like 50/50 now. (lots of days recently commuting in heavy traffic). I think I'm hoping like anything you can order the tip like yours w/ that wheel.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    RC,
    I just realized something. I thought you had to have the triangle airbag w/ the tip but you have the sports steering wheel. Is that available in the US too?

I had thought this was one draw-back of the tip that was really bugging me, I don't like the traingular airbag. I was 75% for the manual 25% fo the tip a month ago but it's more like 50/50 now. (lots of days recently commuting in heavy traffic). I think I'm hoping like anything you can order the tip like yours w/ that wheel.

Know of at least two 997TT Tips being built in July for US mkt w/XPA option....thicker sports steering wheel w/round airbag...

That steering wheel looks so much better than the triangle one. Good choice RC. One more thing, WHy do people keep saying good choice on the flat black? RC has said several times and it obvious if you look at the pictures that its Basalt metalic.

Wow, that car looks perfect. I am really happy for you and I look forward to your return from Italy so you can give us some of your always insightful impressions.

Must be hard to wait...

RC - Congrats! Looks great.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM