Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: WAIT TILL YOU HEAR THIS ONE - ACCIDENT ACCIDENT ACCIDENT

Just get a good litigator to deal with this. It will no doubt cause you some stress etc but hang in there.

It never ceases to amaze me how despicable some people can be. It's her fault yet the disgusting b*tch has the sheer nerve to claim it was your fault. To add insult to injury she fishes for sympathy claiming to be in shock, needing an ambulance. Makes me sick to think people are capable of something as low as this.

Incidents like this remind me that people will always manage to let you down. Stay brave friend.

It's possible this wasn't an accident. She may have a history of this- would be interesting to find out. She sees your nice car and $$$ signs and decides to become a "victim."

Best of luck to you- I'm glad it wasn't worse.

Quote:
    997Fan said:
    Car has been delivered to Porsche Certified Repair Shop - they looked at the car and can't believe how little damage the car has - looks like they will just have to replace the wheel and bumper, but will check for structural damage when they take it apart on Thursday...crossing my fingers

What's your insurance company telling you? They should back you up.

getting the accident report today - will report back to see if the cops will screw me or give an accurate detail of what happened based on the "science" of the accident (where the cars hit and therefore leading to the only logical explanation SHE CUT IN FRONT OF ME) - NOTTTTTTT what her neighbors who coincidentally were all on their front lawns saw...such BS

You Are 23 With A Boxster ;) ? What Do You Do ;) ?

Not to sound obnoxious but what do you do?

Sorry about the accident. That really sucks on a brand new car. I feel for you.

I am in central NJ so I know psychotic it is here with all the cars. I have a great guy in central NJ that fixes high end cars like Ferraris, Porsches and Mercedes if you want to get an estimate.

If you want his name, just let me know.

Re: You Are 23 With A Boxster ;) ? What Do You Do ;) ?

Last I heard Clayton laundered money.

Kidding, of course.

AJCASTANEDA is 23 as well - we launder money together and work at hedge funds on the side

You live in jersey.. you should have known the way that one was going to go down. I'm sure if you offered the cops a few hundred and a trip to atlantic city they would have killed the woman for ya.

Quote:
    ajcastaneda said:
    Last I heard Clayton laundered money.

It's one way of cleaning up.

It all comes off in the wash

It was a god damn witchhunt - im lucky i wasn't tarred & feathered

Quote:
    0two9 said:
    You live in jersey.. you should have known the way that one was going to go down. I'm sure if you offered the cops a few hundred and a trip to atlantic city they would have killed the woman for ya.

He was worried that maybe the woman had already done that.

Quote:
    997Fan said:

I thought they only did that in New England?

Quote:
    0two9 said:

Clayton doesn't have Tony Soprano's # on speed dial like I do.

And correction - investment bank not hedge fund for me. Not lucky enough to walk into the office with jeans like witchhunter over there

"Porsche Certified Body Shop"???

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    997Fan said:

I thought they only did that in New England?

NJ counts as new england (sort of)

Quote:
    997Fan said:
    Car has been delivered to Porsche Certified Repair Shop - they looked at the car and can't believe how little damage the car has - looks like they will just have to replace the wheel and bumper, but will check for structural damage when they take it apart on Thursday...crossing my fingers

hey Clayton, what is this "porsche certified shop" you speak of?

as far as i knew, porsche corporate has never associated itself or partnered/certified any 3rd party body shops - at least in the USA.

Re: "Porsche Certified Body Shop"???

I think he means the dealership. When I had a collision in my 987S, I took it to Manhattan Motorcars and apparently all bodywork done there is sublet to two Manhattan Motorcars certified body shops that restore Porsches to ""Porsche" spec (as it says on the invoice).

Maybe Porsche directly hasn't certified the body shop per se, but a Porsche dealership has.

997Fan, how did things turn out? whats the verdict?

Ok, so what's the latest on this story? What did the police report say? Is anyone suing anyone? You can't leave us hanging like this!

Accidents always suck...hope everything will be fine.

BTW,when I saw the picture of your Boxster,I thought it looked like it was going to eat the Jetta...and probably also the lady.

very sorry about the car, but usually the cops (at least in boston?) look @ skid marks and things like that...did u ask them to? not to give u advice after the matter, but if possible take pics without moving the cars next time if you can, if you did, good work, beyond that I feel terribly for you, but your ok, the car can be fixed/replaced...the rest is the insurance companies problem!

Sorry to hear about this!

I hope i can help with a little anecdote that happened to me:

I got into an accident as well that was a result of someone being run off the highway, swerving into my lane and causing a rear-end collision.

The woman who I hit (I was in a very heavy A6 with little/no breaks) at aprox 7-8mph immediately went into "shock". I got out of my car, inspected my car (slight scratches, minor internal damage to bumper) and inspected her car (little to no damage whatsoever).
    She was so "petrified" that she couldn't get out of the highway lane, causing huge traffic issues.

I had to literally go up to her window, take the wheel and help steer her into the shoulder.

Of course, being in Montgomery County, MD, the capital of 0 crime and ridiculous amounts of police, 5 cop cars an abumlance and a fire truck came.

She was hauled off in a stretcher and everyone looked at me like I was a monster.

----------

My insurance backed me up with her phony baloney injury claims but decided to settle a compromise to make it all go away (payed for her ambulance, hospital visit etc).

Your insurance, especially if you have a clean record, will be your best friend against this.
    The physics of the accident don't lie and the insurance company knows what it is doing in regards .

Best of luck,

Hurst

looks like 4500 in damage on my car strictly to replace the Terracotta steering wheel and front bumper...will hopefully be gettn the car this Friday

Quote:
    997Fan said:
    looks like 4500 in damage on my car strictly to replace the Terracotta steering wheel and front bumper...will hopefully be gettn the car this Friday

How about you fill us in on the other details... What did the police report eventually say, is she suing, are you suing, etc. etc. etc...

HOW ABOUT THIS FOR A DETAIL...

I still don't have my !@#$%^ car back because they are having a problem getting the replacement steering wheel (terracotta)...so it has been over 4 weeks without my car and now memorial day weekend is coming and I have no car and I am making payments every month for no reason...this SUCKS...the car is totally done and sitting there without an airbag - I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get the dealer to put a black wheel on from one of their cars, and swap it over when they finally get your one in.

Or get them to loan you a car, and charge the cost of that hire to your/her insurance?? It does suck big-time though.

Can't you drive it without the airbag then bring it back when it arrives?

that's what i am thinking - but i dont know if there are regulations thtat will prohibit me from doing that, plus god forbid im in an accident...

Have them sub a black one or something to get you by. Waiting for your part could take forever unless you can pull some strings.

Convinced them to get me a black one and threatened the hell out of them to get it done for the weekend - they had a guy drive to Maryland to pick on up and you don't think that when they get back, the terracotta one was delivered...BUT

BUT BUT BUT there is always a kicker...the wiring connections did not come with either of the airbags...looks like this is a separate order...I GIVE UP...i have them hunting around right now looking for the parts for wiring it...this is a very reputable autobody shop that i have used for 20 yrs...some bridges have definitely been burnt in this situation...crossn fingers that they can get it solved asap...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    804015 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448728 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266343 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90164 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6747 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886074 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    834386 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM