Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

CAR magazine to drive 599 GTB (and 997 Turbo and LP 640)

In the july issue, might be worth picking up, especially if the headline is anything to go by :
    CAR july issue

Re: CAR magazine to drive 599 GTB (and 997 Turbo and LP 640)

Okay, who's gonna scan it, when the issue's out?

I was just about to ask that! Please please scan in if they test the LP640. I want to see what it can do!

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    I was just about to ask that! Please please scan in if they test the LP640. I want to see what it can do!

Best would be to scan the whole mag.

Quote:
    Mike S said:

You can afford to buy the car, but not the magazine they test it in. What's up with that Mike

I'm a subscriber and I have a scanner, but what's in it for me

The problem is CAR magazine is notorious for its pro-Porsche leanings. If I am not mistaken, they acknowledged it in one of their issues. I have learned not to read any Porsche articles because I save time knowing exactly what they have to say (read it is the greatest thing since sliced bread..that is until the next Porsche model comes along).

When it comes to Porsche, it is just biased reporting.

Yeah everyone is Porsche biased, thats it. Every car magazine in the world must be in Porsche's pocket. That makes more sense than the fact that they make such amazing cars. There is a reason that the company is so succesful and able to sell so many cars.It couldn't be that the company with the winningest racing career in history just so happens to make the best sports cars in the world. No that doesn't make sense. Ferrari must be better because Nick bought one. Thats it. Jeese Nick you really are in denial. What happened to make you so anti-porsche? Did your preciouse little toy get smoked silly by a 993 turbo. Must be hard when a brand new $200,000+ Ferrari gets its @ss handed to it by a car costing roughly half that made in 1996 Just get over the fact that your a poser and that if you really wanted to drive, you'd buy a PORSCHE, there is no substitute!
    Not all Ferrari drivers are posers, just the ones who drive spiders and hate on Porsches.

Quote:
    trip said:
    Yeah everyone is Porsche biased,.

It is about time that Nick launches his own car magazine: The first one not biased towards Porsche

There are many Porsche owners that would love to buy a Ferrari. There are few if any Ferrari owners that would love to buy a Porsche. I wonder why?

Your young and singing the line of the uninformed. Keep reading this forum and I am sure, albeit slowly, you will learn.

Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

You can afford to buy the car, but not the magazine they test it in. What's up with that Mike

I can't buy it because we don't get those magazines here

Plus I have bought one, my LP640 arrives only in January

Quote:
    nberry said:
    The problem is CAR magazine is notorious for its pro-Porsche leanings...

I really don't think so.

Hi first post here was reading this and wanted to say that really I don't care which is better they are both excellent, I happen to prefer Ferrari's because of the styling amd the more bespoke nature (I showed a friend of mine a piccie of the 911TT and the GT3 and asked if they could tell the difference and they said one is blue the other is white!!!)
    But I can see where nberry's coming from i.e. anyone care to guess "Evos's" car of the year, GT3 or TT?

Quote:
    nberry said:
    There are many Porsche owners that would love to buy a Ferrari. There are few if any Ferrari owners that would love to buy a Porsche. I wonder why? :

Maybe Porsche drivers tend to have a higher IQ

Quote:
    nberry said:
    There are many Porsche owners that would love to buy a Ferrari. There are few if any Ferrari owners that would love to buy a Porsche. I wonder why?

Your young and singing the line of the uninformed. Keep reading this forum and I am sure, albeit slowly, you will learn.

I don't know where you get your info from but I'd love to see you prove that claim. Calling me young and uninformed is easy, but from the posts that I have made what gives you this idea. I am betting that I know more about cars than you do, but how will we prove it? Because my opinion differs from yours you say I'm uninformed. Thats pathetic, arrogant, and ignorant. Just like saying all porsche owners want Ferraris. Well many Porsche owners on this board including my father could have ANY car they wanted yet they are choosing the Turbo. Are they all misinformed? There are also many ferrari owners who have switched to turbo's or own both, so you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe I should call you OLD and misinformed yeah that works.

Quote:
    trip said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

I don't know where you get your info from but I'd love to see you prove that claim. Calling me young and uninformed is easy, but from the posts that I have made what gives you this idea. I am betting that I know more about cars than you do, but how will we prove it? Because my opinion differs from yours you say I'm uninformed. Thats pathetic, arrogant, and ignorant. Just like saying all porsche owners want Ferraris. Well many Porsche owners on this board including my father could have ANY car they wanted yet they are choosing the Turbo. Are they all misinformed? There are also many ferrari owners who have switched to turbo's or own both, so you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe I should call you OLD and misinformed yeah that works.

Not true, I have met many Ferrari owners and even have a few friends that have gone from Ferrari's to Porsche's or while driving Ferrari's respected and loved Porsches as well. I love Ferraris but I assure you it is not made any better than a Porsche

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    There are many Porsche owners that would love to buy a Ferrari. There are few if any Ferrari owners that would love to buy a Porsche. I wonder why? :

Prob the most popular car among those worth >>$100MM in NYC/SF/LA/London is neither P/F; it's the drab, anonymous, taxi-like 55/65.....

Nick is no poser. He bought a car that he genuinly enjoys driving.

Quote:
    Blk987S said:
    Nick is no poser. He bought a car that he genuinly enjoys driving.

I cannot see how the latter excludes the former

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Prob the most popular car among those worth >>$100MM in NYC/SF/LA/London is neither P/F; it's the drab, anonymous, taxi-like 55/65.....

Quote:
    nberry said:
    The problem is CAR magazine is notorious for its pro-Porsche leanings. If I am not mistaken, they acknowledged it in one of their issues. I have learned not to read any Porsche articles because I save time knowing exactly what they have to say (read it is the greatest thing since sliced bread..that is until the next Porsche model comes along).

The title page "Genious. Sheer bloody genious" seems to indicate that CAR more than just like the 599...

I'm gonna predict that they hail it as the best car on sale today, if not one of the greatest cars ever made...

No need to fret

Best car with goofyiest steering available.

Ferrari apparently lost the 2006 Tiller Contest.

Oh well let the fanboys at CAR eat their own about it.

Quote:
    nberry said:

I know you like to say things like this and sit back and laugh when the Porsche guys wind each other up over your posts, but I have been a CAR subscriber for a few years now and can't say that I have found a special Porsche bias in the magazine.

The F430 got a better review in CAR than any Porsche in recent years. Yes they did crown the Carrera S their performance car of the year in 2004, but that might be because it wasn't up against a Ferrari

If anything they are rather Ferrari biased as well. I have several "All hail the Enzo" copies of CAR in my collection.
    And like assman says, I won't be surprised if they hail the 599 as one of the greatest cars of all time.

But the july issue will be intresting since they test the top Porsche, Ferrari and Lambo model in the same issue.
    So let's wait and see which car gets the most praise...

Quote:
    Mike S said:

You don't get CAR in SA? Strange...

That's the nice thing about getting a Lambo, no 3 year waiting list

I'll see what I can do about scanning it if you promise to post a video of the LP640 when you get it

Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

You don't get CAR in SA? Strange...

That's the nice thing about getting a Lambo, no 3 year waiting list

I'll see what I can do about scanning it if you promise to post a video of the LP640 when you get it

You know me, a video is a sure thing

We do have car magazine here, but it is local. I don't think it will be the same as the European version.

You can get a CAR mag over here Mike.... Same for Evo, TopGear, Road And Track, etc....
    Just check your local CNA / Exclusive Books...
    It does take some time for the newer issues to come out though...

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

really? wow!excellent choice! my favorite..i amalso very tempted..in lunar grey,loved itin this color. what color did you choose?

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

really? wow!excellent choice! my favorite..i amalso very tempted..in lunar grey,loved itin this color. what color did you choose?

I am going to spec the car this Saturday, so I don't know what colour yet Will keep you guys posted.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

I am going to spec the car this Saturday, so I don't know what colour yet Will keep you guys posted.

You should check out the July issue of Motor Trend. Sounds like the big Murcie is a real beast.

Quote:
    Mike S said:

I vote for Grigio Proteus

Quote:
    Mike S said:

Great news Mike!

Keep us informed!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690483 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409755 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256003 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235275 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65649 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858414 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774688 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM