Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Need some advice/help. Options for F430 coupe.

My dealer just called. He's ready to put in my order today!!!!!!!!

I told him I need till Monday to get everything together.

Holy!

Thanks again Nick. That's good news.

Guys,
    What's the deal w/ the tires ?
    It comes w/ Bridgestones right but you can order Pirelli PZERO's or Michelins ? Which Michelins ?
    Would you order the PZERO's ??????
    I have the PZERO's on my 997 S cab.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Guys,
    It comes w/ Bridgestones right but you can order Pirelli PZERO's or Michelins ? Which Michelins ?

Get the PZERO's. The Bridgestones have had problems and factory drivers claim better performance with the PZERO's.

Only problem it may delay your build date. Make sure the PZERO's are available.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    I really want to like it. The thing is the way I'm optioning the car it will be about performance. CCM's. Racing Seats, No hi-fi radio, No nav, etc. so the CF rear grill from the challenge car would fit in that theme. It's not that I dislike the way it looks so much as I think the way the rear of the car looks stock is so cool, my favorite part of the cars design actually. The stock smallish wide wire mesh Enzo type rear grill is bitchin. Still may change my mind though, I'm going to have to see one in person. Good luck!

I had the same objective as you when I was speccing the F430 ...it had to exude performance.
    My options include Scuderia Rosso Exterior and Caliper, CCM, Racing Seats, STC2 stitchings, Standard Radio without Satnav, and CF Rear grille and CF steering wheel.

The CF rear grille looks mean IMHO.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Guys,

F430s can come with any one of three tires (random) - Pirelli PZero, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2, or Bridgestone RE050. You can ask your dealer to specify one of the above. Opinions vary, but I think most like the Pirellis. There are some who prefer the PS2, fewer who like Stones.

Gary

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    ... The stock smallish wide wire mesh Enzo type rear grill is bitchin. ...

I really like this sentence!

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Guys,

Get the PZERO's. The Bridgestones have had problems and factory drivers claim better performance with the PZERO's.

Only problem it may delay your build date. Make sure the PZERO's are available.

I heard that same thing, it might delay the build date.
    If you ask to have them included and they turn out delaying the build date I wonder if they let you know ?? That way you could change the order to any tire ?

Guess I'll ask for the pzero's anyway and see what happens.

Quote:
    Avantgarde said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    I really want to like it. The thing is the way I'm optioning the car it will be about performance. CCM's. Racing Seats, No hi-fi radio, No nav, etc. so the CF rear grill from the challenge car would fit in that theme. It's not that I dislike the way it looks so much as I think the way the rear of the car looks stock is so cool, my favorite part of the cars design actually. The stock smallish wide wire mesh Enzo type rear grill is bitchin. Still may change my mind though, I'm going to have to see one in person. Good luck!

I had the same objective as you when I was speccing the F430 ...it had to exude performance.
    My options include Scuderia Rosso Exterior and Caliper, CCM, Racing Seats, STC2 stitchings, Standard Radio without Satnav, and CF Rear grille and CF steering wheel.

The CF rear grille looks mean IMHO.

Exactly........ I didn't want any fluff. Scud Red is a good color. I had a lot of fun with it.

I like the CF steering wheel/paddles and have gone back in forth in my head about whether to get it or not. Something about me likes the way the wheel & paddles look stock. I like the contrast between the CF on the dash and the steel/aluminum material on the wheel. I loved the steering wheel on my CS w/ the red top so that's what I'm going to order for my 430. Plus having the red on the steering wheel will tie in nicely to the red in the dual color racing seats that I'm ordering.

The idea of the CF rear grill has been growing on me more and more but I think I'll wait for the pista.

Could you post the rest of your option list.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    ... The stock smallish wide wire mesh Enzo type rear grill is bitchin. ...

I really like this sentence!

Ughhhhhh. It's painful to read. Sorry bout that.

ps: Thanks Gary for the tire advice.

Hi Stradale! Congratulations!

You're welcome for the pic Glad you're getting the sport seats, I have them in my 430 too. Very comfy!

Avantgarde,
    Is the CF rear grill the same as on the 430 Challenge car ?

That's another idea/look - Get the CF grill and the challenge stradale wheels
    Then you'll have a similar look to the upcoming pista.

btw: Look at the writing on the tires

Hi STRADALE,
    My options for the F430F1 are:
    Scuderia Rosso Exterior and Caliper color
    Carbon Ceramic Brakes
    Racing Seats (Red)
    Black leather Interior with STC2 stitching (Red)
    Standard Radio without Satnav
    CF Rear grille
    CF steering wheel
    Rear Parking sensors

Future: Tubi Exhaust system

The material of rear grille of the F430 Challenge appears rather plain from the many pictures we have seen. However the CF grille option that is provided by the update option list for 2007 appears to have the distinct typical Carbon fibre weave pattern on the grille.
    FWIW, I believe Ferrari designers will not simply incorporate a new design feature if it does not look pleasing to the eye. Their designs have always aged well over time.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Guys,

pzero rosso are the best stradale ,they also come with a nice lettering in red color that will match your car exterior color...

Quote:
    dhayek said:

pzero rosso are the best stradale ,they also come with a nice lettering in red color that will match your car exterior color...

sure?

my zero rossos didn't come with a colored logo (although in my old 996 carrera days, my rossos had a "P ZERO" in red on it)

yes zzboba ,all the f430's that came here with pirelli's had the red logo...

Quote:
    dhayek said:

Mine don't have the red logo.

Gary

The color on the tire wears off sometimes after a while.

look behind the 599. It's a picture of a 430 spider with the new challenge grill. First one I have seen on a spider. Looks pretty good.(pic from FChat)

Quote:
    Avantgarde said:
    Hi STRADALE,
    My options for the F430F1 are:
    Scuderia Rosso Exterior and Caliper color
    Carbon Ceramic Brakes
    Racing Seats (Red)
    Black leather Interior with STC2 stitching (Red)
    Standard Radio without Satnav
    CF Rear grille
    CF steering wheel
    Rear Parking sensors

Future: Tubi Exhaust system

The material of rear grille of the F430 Challenge appears rather plain from the many pictures we have seen. However the CF grille option that is provided by the update option list for 2007 appears to have the distinct typical Carbon fibre weave pattern on the grille.
    FWIW, I believe Ferrari designers will not simply incorporate a new design feature if it does not look pleasing to the eye. Their designs have always aged well over time.

Avantgarde,
    Are you sure you want to go with red seats on a Scud red car? It's just that Scud red can be Orange-ie in color.

Did you maybe consider doing the rear shelf in leather instead of the parking sensors?

Did you get the HI-FI sound with the subwoofer ? SND1

Just got back from my dealer. My Order is in. Now the wait.

I'm getting the new dual interior which means beside the dual color racing seats, the doors and rear shelf will be dual color - black & red. Funny that months ago I was thinking about asking for this as a special option and now Ferrari is doing it. And I decided to go w/ the standard stitch, I think it will look better with this type of interior. Now I have to look for black mats w/ a red border, anyone know who has the nicest ones ???????????????

Quote:
    formula1 said:
    look behind the 599. It's a picture of a 430 spider with the new challenge grill. First one I have seen on a spider. Looks pretty good.(pic from FChat)

I decided against it. IMHO the stock rear has a nicer flow to it. The rear is all one piece stock.
    Which also means if you like the CF grill order it with the car because to do it aftermarket you'll have to replace the whole rear end unlike with the 360 where you could just replace the back panel.

Quote:
    formula1 said:

I thinks it's UGLY ! I really don't like it, and sure not for a spider.
    The stock rear is the best part of the car IMO.

Have you guys seen this pic from F-Chat:

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Have you guys seen this pic from F-Chat:

Yeah, I've seen it. Looks absolutely gorgeous IMO.

Quote:
    Gary(SF) said:
    Quote:
    dhayek said:

Mine don't have the red logo.

Gary

Nor mine.

Rossi,
    Yeah, First 430 I've seen w/ Challenge Stradale seats & alcantara dash/doors.

Did you buy mats ?
    I need quality black mats w/ red border, any ideas ?

You didn't do the HI-FI right ? Do you have a pic of your shelf ?

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Rossi,

Did you buy mats ?

I really like the alcantara look although I don't know, if I ordered it.

I'm currently thinking about mats, but haven't decided yet. But I guess it's far easier for you to get appropriate mats in the US than here in Europe, where each attempt of using Ferrari badges, logos etc. by an independent maker is savagely prosecuted by Ferrari lawyers.

Sorry, no pics of the inside of my car so far. But I don't have the HiFi option (nor the navi) and I didn't regret this decision for one day.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Rossi,

Did you buy mats ?

I really like the alcantara look although I don't know, if I ordered it.

I'm currently thinking about mats, but haven't decided yet. But I guess it's far easier for you to get appropriate mats in the US than here in Europe, where each attempt of using Ferrari badges, logos etc. by an independent maker is savagely prosecuted by Ferrari lawyers.

Sorry, no pics of the inside of my car so far. But I don't have the HiFi option (nor the navi) and I didn't regret this decision for one day.

Yeah, it's nice to look at but I like the leather. When the pista comes out it will be a different story and probably look very, very similar to that dash.

Thanks, I'll have to look around. If I find anything I'll let you know maybe you'd want me to get a pair for you and mail it ?

RE: HI-FI. I knew going into my order today that I didn't want it. I never used the optional radio in my CS but now after my order is in, I'm second guessing myself. Dun no.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    RE: HI-FI. I knew going into my order today that I didn't want it. I never used the optional radio in my CS but now after my order is in, I'm second guessing myself. Dun no.

All depends on what you really want in a Ferrari. I don't want something like the London Philharmonic Orchestra in my F430 (for that I got some nice things at home), no thank you, I'm pleased with the stock HiFi-system without the optional subwoofer. If I turn it on, I mostly listen to news, so no need for that extra for me. Even more since the subwoofer is not really that good and occupies the space between the seats.

When they will equip the successor with a similar HiFi system as they already do now in the 599, I may think about that issue again, but currently I'm fine with the standard CD-radio.

Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    The color on the tire wears off sometimes after a while.

It was never there, trust me.

Gary

Thanks Rossi.
    I'm going to leave it off. Considering the shelf on my car will be dual color leather it's probably an even better idea to show that off without a speaker box attached.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690017 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409482 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255852 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235088 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65594 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858225 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774361 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM