Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Huracán Performante in "6.52 something" at the Ring?

LT Forum: Huracan

16651464_1636387413038909_831433503_o.jpg

noone1:

Did you get a chance to see the Quartz paint swatch when you spec'd your 720s?

Yes, the Quarz car with the golden rims and reddish leather parts was inside the McLaren booth. I didn't like it. Too much bling bling. The glacier white looks unbelievable. Amazing mix between white and silver. 

You sure that was Quartz? I don't think the MSO car was Quartz. On the config, Quartz is a dark red/brown/plumb color. Didn't really look anything like the car with the gold wheels.

noone1:

You sure that was Quartz? I don't think the MSO car was Quartz. On the config, Quartz is a dark red/brown/plumb color. Didn't really look anything like the car with the gold wheels.

Well since you asked I thought it was the same color. Now I see that Quartz is a "special" color so it can't be it. The car in the booth was very deep, very complex chameleon purple. In general I can't imagine any dark color looking good on this car.

RC:
    GoHardGT3RS:

If you want a nicely loaded 720S in Germany (e.g. with the full carbon pack), you will be > 300K€

I have configured a Performante with pretty much 80% of possible options and you are at less than 270K€ incl. special paint color, w/o special paint 260K€

> 720S definitively more expensive than Performante in Germany

--

991 GT3 RS / Gone: Cayman GT4, 997.2 GT3 RS 3.8, 997.2 GT3, Lotus Exige S, 964 Turbo 3.3

Options don't really count in my opinion.

I can get a 991.2 Carrera S up to 180k if I want to. But whats the point?!

It helps to compare apple-to-apple with similar equipment, e.g. the Performante comes with full elements in Forged Composite in and out where you have to pay significant additional money to have carbon on the 720S.

--

991 GT3 RS / Gone: Cayman GT4, 997.2 GT3 RS 3.8, 997.2 GT3, Lotus Exige S, 964 Turbo 3.3

Herbaliser:
    noone1:

Well since you asked I thought it was the same color. Now I see that Quartz is a "special" color so it can't be it. The car in the booth was very deep, very complex chameleon purple. In general I can't imagine any dark color looking good on this car.

Interesting. I see the dark colors actually looking best. Then again, I like all body color. Not a fan of any contrasting CF.

noone1:
    Herbaliser:
    noone1:

Interesting. I see the dark colors actually looking best. Then again, I like all body color. Not a fan of any contrasting CF.

It's a personal thing. Just make sure you see it in person before doing something. It's a very complex car design, the contrasting elements have a lot of impact on the design.

Had a tour around it last friday in Geneva - no WOW factor.....yes

BjoernB:

Had a tour around it last friday in Geneva - no WOW factor.....yes

Probably because you never liked Lamborghini? Smiley If you are talking about the 720S, I cannot comment much, never saw one live, heard it and/or drove one. Maybe this summer.

Performante is, according to "my" Lambo dealer a sportier Huracan. Drive feel is very similar, sound is similar as well.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

The Problem with the car is the view and how you sit in it - I drove the Huracan spyder quite a while and I must say the view sucks and I am not a tall Person - the window is so steep and the A pillar takes away the whole sides. I had the same impressions again in the Performante - the Aventador S was a bit better but even wider...... - maybe in America but for Switzerland I would not want it.

BjoernB:

The Problem with the car is the view and how you sit in it - I drove the Huracan spyder quite a while and I must say the view sucks and I am not a tall Person - the window is so steep and the A pillar takes away the whole sides. I had the same impressions again in the Performante - the Aventador S was a bit better but even wider...... - maybe in America but for Switzerland I would not want it.

It is really very easy to get used to. Parking cameras are a great help too. Very surprised you thought there was no Wow  factor about the Performante. Are you a Pagani man Smiley ?

BjoernB:

I'm not that tall either and the R8 isn't much different. No issues here to be honest. Yes, sideview is a bit difficult (especially when I make a turn at stop lights, I always watch out for bicycle riders or pedestrians) but you get used to it fast. Other than that, no issues. I just think you're not a Lamborghini type of guy. Smiley 

The Huracan Spyder is my favorite open top car and if I didn't already have the 991.1 C4 GTS Cab, I would go for the soon coming R8 V10 Plus Spyder.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

I know you are the Lambo man - I try hard since I loved the Superleggera I had once for 6 month because of the right noises it made - but once you enter the new 720 or even previous models for ME personally it feels not right. I am sure you can judge the Sport seats as well - I feel they are the worst in the game - now Forget carbon is nice on a AudemarsPiquet watch but was not tickling me much in the Performante. I liked the Aventador S much more but that is again a different animal and for that Price I must admit I would take a 720. Same Feeling btw on the 812 as well - not much changes to a F12 in the Cockpit - maybe this is what People like but for that kind of Money ? Although I must admit the engine on the 812 is simply WOW - the last.....

BjoernB:

I know you are the Lambo man - I try hard since I loved the Superleggera I had once for 6 month because of the right noises it made - but once you enter the new 720 or even previous models for ME personally it feels not right. I am sure you can judge the Sport seats as well - I feel they are the worst in the game - now Forget carbon is nice on a AudemarsPiquet watch but was not tickling me much in the Performante. I liked the Aventador S much more but that is again a different animal and for that Price I must admit I would take a 720. Same Feeling btw on the 812 as well - not much changes to a F12 in the Cockpit - maybe this is what People like but for that kind of Money ? Although I must admit the engine on the 812 is simply WOW - the last.....

I became a Lamborghini man...through Audi. Smiley Seriously though: I always had a weakness for Lamborghini, even when I was much younger. Yes, the sport seats (shells) are too thin and become uncomfortable fast. True. Not so sure if Lamborghini actually changed this with the Performante (didn't have the chance to drive one yet...maybe in summer but unlikely, only if dealership decides to register one as a dealer car, again...unlikely). The Forged Composite looks amazing in my opinion but of course it is a matter of personal taste. Yes, I like it on my AP watch, probably the reason I like it on the Performante too. Smiley I would probably prefer the 720S over the Aventador S as well (not the SV though) but the 812 is a different story, wonderful product. Yes, especially because of the engine. Smiley

Right now, the Performante is probably one of the cars (together with the 458 Speciale) I would buy on the spot if I had the money. Keepers. 

McLaren has just started with the 720S and while I'm not a fan of the front, I have to admit that McLaren opened a new chapter the sportscar world. 720 hp with that kind of weight for so "little" money? Porsche will have a very hard time to beat that. Actually, I can see how Porsche looses more and more appeal with so many other nice sportscars showing up lately. Huracan Performante, 488 GTB, 720S (won't even start with the cheaper 570S and 540), even the R8 V10 Plus (and spectacular low prices in Germany, people are just dumb buying only brands)...Porsche will be under more and more pressure and I cannot say I don't like it. Finally, Porsche could be forced to finally start to be better.

--

Porsche has zero wow factor nowadays, it became vulgar, nothing really special. Don´t take me wrong, the product is high quality in all regards, but it lost soul and glamor. I remember when I was 18 or 20, there was Porsche, Ferrari and Lambo, Porsche was a dream car back then, not anymore. I have a Porsche model in my garage ever since 1998, actually for the moment I have two, but I don´t see it as a special brand anymore. My Maserati Quattroporte is so much more special and unique, it sounds amazing. Unfortunately Maserati nowadays is going down the roof too, the new ones look bland.

--

J.Seven

Porsche is much more mainstream a la Mercedes, BMW and Audi than it used to be

sfo:

That´s the problem!

--

J.Seven

crayphile:
    BjoernB:

It is really very easy to get used to. Parking cameras are a great help too. Very surprised you thought there was no Wow  factor about the Performante. Are you a Pagani man Smiley ?

The Huracan itself is always a 'WOW' car styling-wise, it's really hard to top it.

I was standing next to the Performante for a long time too trying to find a wow factor and I can't.

To me it's just my car with a fixed roof and a big wing. Oh and different bumpers that's all.

On the other hand, at Lamborghini factory, a pristine Countach 'wow'ed me greatly.

--

Whoopsy:
    crayphile:
    BjoernB:

The Huracan itself is always a 'WOW' car styling-wise, it's really hard to top it.

I was standing next to the Performante for a long time too trying to find a wow factor and I can't.

To me it's just my car with a fixed roof and a big wing. Oh and different bumpers that's all.

On the other hand, at Lamborghini factory, a pristine Countach 'wow'ed me greatly.

Regular Huracan looks better, never liked wings and huge spoilers anyway.

--

J.Seven

J.Seven:
    Whoopsy:
    crayphile:
    BjoernB:

Regular Huracan looks better, never liked wings and huge spoilers anyway.

I like the front bumper of the Performante

sfo:

So true!

They have sold their soul with the SUVs and Panamera Smiley

--

Well lamborghini have the wow factor either good or bad, but it is the car with the wow factor.....i guess non mclaren can compete with that....imho. I just talk style...mclarens are not as nice looking as lambos....maybe they are better or faster...but a 6.52 ti e at he ring makes my mind blow... Lets se what the others can do..

regarding porsche very sadly i have to agree......but economically they have right...so we will see all kind of cars having the porsche logo on....

--

993 c2

I would say this is all down to personal preference. I much prefer the look of McLaren to Lamborghini.

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Whoopsy:
    crayphile:
    BjoernB:

True. 

You already own a Huracan and it is difficult to top the design/look of the Huracan Sypder.

You need to drive it to be impressed (I guess...this is what I heard from a guy who drove it...).

Countach? A dream while I was a kid but now it is the Aventador SV I am dreaming about. And the Huracan Performante. Smiley

--

sfo:

Porsche has become mainstream because they lack a real super sportscar. Those GT models are nice and keep a certain customer base happy but they are not enough to impress those who are interested in serious super sportscars, not only for the track. None of the current Porsche models can compete even with a Huracan/R8, let alone the Aventador or a McLaren 720S or even a Ferrari 488 GTB. Sad but true. The 991.2 Turbo S is an amazing sportscar but considering what you can get for similar money, it is just too mainstream (which is an advantage for certain people who don't want to attract attention, I agree) and that 960 Porsche would urgently need just isn't here. Smiley

The 911 has been milked to perfection, now it is time to move on. I do not say the 911 should disappear, god forbid but I would tighten up the model line and finally offer a "960" and a "Panamera Coupe". These two models are missing from the Porsche portfolio.

--

RC:
    Porsche has become mainstream because they lack a real super sportscar

The Cayenne made Porsche mainstream.  The time between the 959 and CGT didn't doom Porsche.  Lotus isn't mainstream.  Maserati is about to be with its SUV.  A 960 or new 928 might make sense for Porsche, but not for VW (with Lamborghini, Bentley, Audi plus whatever brand they buy next).

When writing here that Porsche has become mainstream I think many here are specifically talking about the 911 and Boxster/Cayman. Actually the Macan and the Cayenne, being at the top of their category, make Porsche look good. The problem is that the sport car models have become boring and not special to own (lack of good sound, emotions and basic interior combined with a virtually unchanged exterior design) when at the same time the value factor has evaporated. The GT line is still relevant but without rear seats, convertible and fitted with a huge wing, it is staying a niche product.

SciFrog:

When writing here that Porsche has become mainstream I think many here are specifically talking about the 911 and Boxster/Cayman. Actually the Macan and the Cayenne, being at the top of their category, make Porsche look good. The problem is that the sport car models have become boring and not special to own (lack of good sound, emotions and basic interior combined with a virtually unchanged exterior design) when at the same time the value factor has evaporated. The GT line is still relevant but without rear seats, convertible and fitted with a huge wing, it is staying a niche product.

I agree. The Cayenne, especially in GTS flavor (minus the fact that they scratched that fabulous n/a V8), is an amazing SUV, same goes to the Turbo and Turbo S. I even like my wife's S Diesel but unfortunately the chassis is not what I expected (why would Porsche give this car a different chassis setup than for the Turbo for example? Smiley). Maybe PDCC would have helped but still...a very sporty SUV for SUV standards. The Macan also set an example in the segment. I never liked the Macan Turbo but it is the best performing SUV in this class. The fastest too.

The new Panamera is also great but what is a fantastic track time good for if the 680(!) hp Turbo S is slower than it's RS7 or M5 Performance counterpart where it counts most...on the Autobahn. Smiley

--

waiting for PDK:
    RC:
    Porsche has become mainstream because they lack a real super sportscar

The Cayenne made Porsche mainstream.  The time between the 959 and CGT didn't doom Porsche.  Lotus isn't mainstream.  Maserati is about to be with its SUV.  A 960 or new 928 might make sense for Porsche, but not for VW (with Lamborghini, Bentley, Audi plus whatever brand they buy next).

Porsche could have the 960 with 800hp and weighting 1100Kgs and still be mainstream, there´s nothing they can do anymore about it. If you buy a Ferrari or a Lambo, you´re buying an exotic "limited production car" which you don´t have to see all over the place and their entry model has more than 600 hp which makes it a special brand. Porsche doesn´t offer  that, doesn´t appeal to the emotions the way these brands do, the route they choose building Macan´s, Diesel cars and so on definitely put them totally out of the "crème de la crème" sports brands which is a shame Smiley

--

J.Seven

I think you are exaggerating a little bit. Does a 918 feel like mainstream? Or even a GT3 RS? I don't think so.

A 960 with 700 hp, 1600 kg weight (I am realistic here...) and AWD would be an amazing product. Add a V8 Biturbo with a proper sound to it and this car would sell like crazy if it is priced around 250k EUR (base price) and has proper standard options.

It will happen, it just didn't make financially sense to let Lambo/Audi use a different platform.

Boxster...Cayman...911 Carrera...they kind of lost their charisma lately...at least to me. Don't forget however that we are a bunch of very spoiled sons of bitches here, so to the majority of the population in basically every country on this planet, even the base Boxster/Cayman/Carrera are probably total dream cars. 

I remember when I was driving with my wife and some friends to Austria. I was in the R8, the friends were in a Aventador and in a Ferrari F12 (among other cars in the group which were much slower). At certain occasions, we were accelerating and I could keep up with the Aventador and the F12 on the Autobahn but not even close to being able to pass them. No chance. At some point, I told my wife that the F12 successor, the 812 Superfast with 800 hp would be nice and she looked at me and told me that I am way too spoiled. She was right, most of the other cars in the group could not even follow (among them some 911 Carrera S and a tuned M4) and on the Autobahn, even when I'm driving alone, I am always the fastest. People keep it slow for whatever reasons. 

Long story short: We are talking and bragging and very high levels here, mainstream and all but most people I know would only dream of a Porsche, no matter if 911 or "only" Cayenne. 

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689257 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409060 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255682 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234933 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65489 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857866 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773861 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM