Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

My 997 Turbo has finally...

...a production number. All options were accepted and this means that I have the car for sure on the launch date. The wait kills me.

Re: My 997 Turbo has finally...

cool. i will have to wait a couple of months more...unfortunately, till september.

and the cayenne turbo i was supposed to receive end of may was pushed back to 14.06 start of build....not very nice, is it ?

Quote:
    RC said:
    ...a production number. All options were accepted and this means that I have the car for sure on the launch date. The wait kills me.

Congartulations

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

Congartulations

I'm with him!

My dealer just told me mine will be here and I could possibly have it in June or July 8 if that is the real date. I don't think they really know yet do they?
    The wait is also me.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

Congartulations

I'm with him!

I'm with him and him ..

Congrats RC ..

throt..

Can't wait for the review and your Pics... congrats you are very fortunate

congrats!!!

Quote:
    throt said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

Congartulations

I'm with him!

I'm with him and him ..

Congrats RC ..

throt..

i'm with him and him and him

Congrats uncle RC!!

Congratulations. You said all the options were accepted, do they sometimes reject certain options or are these special items?

Quote:
    trip said:
    Congratulations. You said all the options were accepted, do they sometimes reject certain options or are these special items?

From what I gathered, the first batch of vehicles have been severly limited in options. He couldn't specify yellow stitching he wanted, but it looks like everything else has been accepted.

Quote:
    RC said:

"Good things come to those who wait."

sometimes they do. they run out of parts and delay the order.
    had that issue with panorama roof in my cayenne turbo order.
    when i was going to pull out......it appeared....magic !

a month later i was told production date had been delayed by a month....

Quote:
    RC said:

I have no doubt the car will meet all your expectations. You set the bar high but I believe it will be met.

BTW when is the launch date? Didn't they move it up?

Congratulations RC!!! You are one lucky guy!

Congrats!

Quote:
    RC said:

Sounds great RC congrats. Use some sleeping pills to get some rest .

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

Sounds great RC congrats. Use some sleeping pills to get some rest .

Not his style I don't think; prefers the torture.

Congratulations RC!!!!!

Congrats, it's good to hear that everything goes as planned.

RC, U r a lucky man to be driving the finest car sooner than most of us. I cant wait for mine in Sept/Oct timeframe. What exterior color did you you end up with after all? Basalt black or G.red?

Good news RC! Congratulations...

BTW, how are you managing without your old 997S?

I know your wife has a Boxster S and you have your Cayenne Turbo, but you must be going crazy without a 911!!

The waiting must be real torture!

go Turbo RC!

Quote:
    Mussl Kar said:
    My dealer just told me mine will be here and I could possibly have it in June or July 8 if that is the real date. I don't think they really know yet do they?
    The wait is also me.

Not 100% about it but as far as I heard, the US "embargo" has been changed from July 8th to June 24th. We posted it before and some other people from the US seem to have confirmed this. So I suppose that getting your car on June 24th shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:

I know your wife has a Boxster S and you have your Cayenne Turbo, but you must be going crazy without a 911!!

The weather has improved a lot over the last couple of days and yes, I miss my 997 Carrera S. You said it very well, my wife has a Boxster S, meaning that if there is sunshine and she can drive with the top down, I won't see the Boxster too often. The Cayenne Turbo is indeed a great family car and fun too but no substitute for a sportscar, especially not for a 911. Yes, the wait kills me. My car should be exiting production around early June, so I'm sure it is going to stay somewhere on a parking lot at Werk 2 for another week or so until it is shipped to my dealer. And even if my dealer gets the car earlier (I suppose a few days before the launch date, June 24th), this doesn't help much. Apparently there is a sales embargo in effect until this date and the dealer can't register the car and get a license plate. If he gets the car documents earlier, maybe there is a way but looking at the past, it isn't very likely I'm afraid. Oh boy, almost 7 weeks to go...I wonder how those keep up who have to wait until fall or even early next year. I just hope we'll have a nice, sunny and dry summer over here in Germany, last year almost the whole month August was pretty cold and rainy.

this will make it better

it's May, the car comes in June...only one month to go!!

Congrats

J.Seven

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:

The weather has improved a lot over the last couple of days and yes, I miss my 997 Carrera S. You said it very well, my wife has a Boxster S, meaning that if there is sunshine and she can drive with the top down, I won't see the Boxster too often. The Cayenne Turbo is indeed a great family car and fun too but no substitute for a sportscar, especially not for a 911. Yes, the wait kills me. My car should be exiting production around early June, so I'm sure it is going to stay somewhere on a parking lot at Werk 2 for another week or so until it is shipped to my dealer. And even if my dealer gets the car earlier (I suppose a few days before the launch date, June 24th), this doesn't help much. Apparently there is a sales embargo in effect until this date and the dealer can't register the car and get a license plate. If he gets the car documents earlier, maybe there is a way but looking at the past, it isn't very likely I'm afraid. Oh boy, almost 7 weeks to go...I wonder how those keep up who have to wait until fall or even early next year. I just hope we'll have a nice, sunny and dry summer over here in Germany, last year almost the whole month August was pretty cold and rainy.

Don't worry, RC! You appreciate things much more when you have to exercise patience before you get them .

Quote:

I understand you too well... it would be so nice to drive the turbo with this great weather in Germany right now. My F430 ist still in repair, waiting for a new gearbox unit from italy...

Well, a problem shared is a problem halved

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:

I understand you too well... it would be so nice to drive the turbo with this great weather in Germany right now. My F430 ist still in repair, waiting for a new gearbox unit from italy...

Well, a problem shared is a problem halved

What happened to your gear-box?

Let me guess: a F1 / clutch problem ensued by a gear-box problem

RC...

What color did you picked for your new TT out side & inside?

Puss in Boots

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    804000 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448727 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266336 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90164 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6747 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886072 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    834344 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM