Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

About time--- new 3series coupe official pics.

Finally it looks like someone in the press officially broke ranks and couldn't contain themselves (official pics released by bmw break next tuesday) however, why wait?

simply goto autospies.com (I tried posting the pics, it doesn't like them).

Re: About time--- new 3series coupe official pics.

For now, I like the sedan better. The front seems to have more visual drama, whereas the rear looks a bit too composed (in relative terms), sort of like a Lexus/Toyota/Mazda design. Dare I say it, but it might look better with a more Bangle-ized, raised trunk lid, to balance out with the front.

I do like that they have gone for a bit more visual differentiation.

Thanks for posting the pix.

But I wish they would've never released them . The 3-series Sedan looks much better than this.

The back kind of reminds me of Nissan 240SX.

Agree with Ron! Really odd looking car... 6 series coupe looks much more original then this one!
    It seems that Bangle time is over...

going to be honest--- the clk looks like 30k c series that is a coupe-- is it work 50k..absolutly not. The audi coupe- there isn't one, moreover, wouldn't by an audi. BMW- 3 series sedan WORKS- the look of the smooth molded out of hand crafted love is over--- look at merc's new E class- the front bumper looks horrid. BMW has it right--- the new coupe is better than the old one--and I can't wait for the convertible (or my damn M3 in the fall of 07' ((THAT IS THE DATE THAT THE NEW M3 will drop in the states)).

I really can't understand BMW. I am trying realy hard, cause I actually really like this Brand, but they seem like trying everyting to make me finally hate them.
    On the other hand, the sales just climb from year to year.
    So maybe I just don't understand them, and I have a bad taste?!
    Hornestly, Mercedes and for sure Audi, is going to overtake BMW in the next years in a very bad way. Since the new 3 Coupe looks alreay now old, and Mercedes is going to present new C Class next year. Audi will present new A4 and A5 (A4 Coupe) in 2 years, form this monemt on BMW will lose many many costumers. And at this time the 3 series will need to fight for 5 years more on the market, with IMO very bad weappons.
    Seems that the evergreen 3 Series is going to have a very bad bad time in the near future.

Of course the M3 will, with his wheels and aerokit will make the coupe, look much better, but I am pretty sure that it will not look as good compared to M3 E46. Cause the Basis is already looking sh*t.

So dissapointed, will wait to see further pics, but am not impressed. I was planning to upgrade my E46 330ci for the equivalent 335ci this summer - don't think that'll happen now. I'll have to dig deep into my pockets find some extra cash to go for a cayman S instead.

To tell the truth, it's not as bad as I feared. They need to change the rear lights on both the sedan/wagon and the coupé/cab ASAP though.

Fortunately for BMW, MB still feel too remote from the road, and Audi managed to make their line-up ugly with that huge grille, so we're kinda stuck with what BMW is selling.

I'm in agreement with Ron. Looks like it needs to "evolve" a little more.

yuck

More pics, including interior:
    http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/country/gcf/newsID/2060421.007/bmw/new-bmw-3-series-coupe

What a [censored] joke of a car that is.

Is this car even built in Germany or did BMW outsource it to a Nissan plant in Asia? They probably just outsourced the Mazda-esque rear. Good God.

I'm trying my hardest to see how they can improve upon that for the M3.

The 4-door looks a million times better.

I like the modern Bangle look. OTOH, this 3 coupe looks like it got " clinic -ed " to death and responded to all the internet " experts " . Be careful what you gripe for .
    Reminds me of my Bimmers from 15 years ago ( or Honda products from 5-7 years ago ) . But even the Japanese are not this timid today. B L A N D .

Do you know who is responsible for this "washed out" look!?
    Car press "experts" and so called "designers"! All of them were bashing Bangle design signature and look what we have now... BMW coupe for 65year old retired high school teacher, IMO at least.

yes yes yes... anyway- bmw finally updated their site (hahahah they don't even have the photos to preview it loaded in that section yet). Goto BMW USA for more info.

A different look (looks good from the front) the back looks odd though from this angle.

Interesting thing-different engines for Europe and USA!
    Euro Models:
    335i 306hp
    330i 272hp
    330d 231hp
    325i 218hp

USA and Canada:
    335i 300hp
    328i 230hp

Strange, isn't it??

How much lower can BMW go? Amazing they still sell as many cars as they do.

FYI - no camo on this ugly beast.

Absolutely horrid.

This confirms that Audi, BMW and Mercedes Benz are tied in the "lets design ugly cars and see who will buy them" contest.

BMW - points for generic asian tail lights, asian headlights
    amd its 1964 Plymouth Valiant "flame" sculpture on its flanks.

Benz S class - Best ford circus wheel arches and ugly
    faux Wraith Hooper trunk swoop. Column shifter a tribute to Citroen ID19's and 60's Chevy pick up trucks.

Audi - Big mouth grill, What for? Floods? Snow removal?

Have they no perspective? shame? or even eyesight? Or are they on a 7-11 Big Gulp as art campaign?

Did the Germany dictionary remove the word for "Proportion"

German car design has gone from BauHaus to Outhouse in just 5 years. Or is it a very clever plan to blend in with Frau Merkels buttocks.

I don't think it looks horrible but it could have been done nicer. I hope the M3 is more agressive.

nice living room though

Wow, I love it, best looking Bangle car. *Thumbs up*

I like the front; it's the rear quarter and the back that I'm not too fond of.

Quote:
    rhino said:
    I don't think it looks horrible but it could have been done nicer.

I agree.
    I wasn't really expecting much to begin with. It's not bad but could have been much better. 300+hp does sound nice though.

Quote:
    rhino said:
    I like the front; it's the rear quarter and the back that I'm not too fond of.

Agree 100% .

Well...I'll say the pictures on the first page really turned me off from this car, however seeing those last set of pics gives me a different impression. Now I actually think it looks quite good, but I do think the sedan tailights would be a better fit for the coupe.

I too hope they can make the new M3 as aggressive in looks as the e46, and if it looks anything similar to the M6 styling, I don't think I'll be impressed.

I don't understand why people continuously bash the new BMW designs... mabye its just something to bash for the hell of it.

This car is quite less controversial than the previous designs, obviously an intentional move.

In any case, i'm rather indifferent to it.

I really like the new look of the 3 series coupe. And the fact that bmw is now turbo charging it's engine is something to be said for it's engine design. The 335i will be (actually twin turbo charged) turbo charged and will get about 30 miles a gallon---which is something that no other luxury car maker can claim--- 300 hp, 300 pound feet of torque- 30 mpg. 0-60 in 5.5 secs too.

The front I really like (although I wish that they would design the hood with the kidney grills ATTACHED to it opposed to integrating the grills into the front body work. Also, I like the rear lights (they are like the new refreshed 7 series--- and those lights FINALLY make sense and look good.) I don't like the 3 series sedan rear lights--- simply because it's just a big cluser or red and white--- it's like they couldn't think of a REAL design for them. So, I am glad that the 3 series gets that.

The line down the side I dunno about--- overall the car looks BETTER than the older 3 series coupe -- if you look at the pics and put them side by side-- the older coupe looks like it has too many pieces and is too bubbly besides this newer one that looks like is is cut out of a single piece of metal. Additionally--- the front looks aggressive as hell.

Can't wait to see my M3 next fall.

If you carefully hold your finger on top of the BMW logo, repeat after me:

M-a-z-d-a M-i-l-l-e-n-i-a

All together now....

Found this PS of what the M3 will probably look like. This pic makes an effort to demonstrate the fender flares, lowered suspension, lip spoiler, and of course 4 exhaust tips. We already know this car will have huge fender flares from spy pics, along with a beefy hood. I'm sure the rear bumper will get an M5 style treatment, and of course the side gills.

With the M interior, 2 usable rear bucket seats, V8 400+ hp engine (and hopefully gobs of torque), 7 speed SMG, this car should perform and function very well. IF they added the lightweight carbon roof like on the M6, that would just be an added bonus. I'm not sure about the seat belt assist thingy, just seems like another moving part to malfunction, but I can appreciate BMW trying to introduce new technology.

Love it or hate it, I believe the upcoming M3 will do quite well, and hold its own on the street and track.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803696 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448668 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266262 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90139 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6705 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885977 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833833 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM