Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: New 991.2 GT3 (2017)

Yes, Cayman Clubsport and 911 race cars have stronger camber plates and cars with cages welded to suspension pickup points are stronger...

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

I really enjoyed watching this clip

...and I thought it's just a gt3 with less downforce yes

BjoernB:

it says a lot about car journalist reviews .... all is subjectif Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm -- 991.2 GT3 RS 

BjoernB:

it is actually...Smiley but you know how it works...

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

BjoernB:

But that’s exactly what makes it better indecision..... more playful

1000 kms so far..... . can’t stop smiling going to work and even more when leaving  

My new DD

88C93DF9-92C3-489A-AAC7-CFF4C29C7A93.jpeg

AP911:
    BjoernB:

Downforce starts at 200km/h roughly. angry

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    AP911:
    BjoernB:

Well when the top speed is 300+, you just have to find the right place and time angry

AP911:
    BjoernB:

1000 kms so far..... . can’t stop smiling going to work and even more when leaving  

My new DD

88C93DF9-92C3-489A-AAC7-CFF4C29C7A93.jpeg

Beautiful colour combination, well done! Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

If you're one of the last gasps journalist still stuck in the middle ages hoping to revive the MT this is what to expect. Creating a shrine for any car that is MT. The article is as valuable as used toilet paper.

--

Being adventurous can be risky but routine is lethal.

--

2018 White 911 GT3

nberry:

If you're one of the last gasps journalist still stuck in the middle ages hoping to revive the MT this is what to expect. Creating a shrine for any car that is MT. The article is as valuable as used toilet paper.

Why are you so negative toward those that want to own a car with a manual transmission?  If you want a PDK and if I want a MT, it has absolutely no impact on your driving enjoyment.

Because he thinks that having a MT in a performance modern car is as silly as having a manual window opener, no ABS or no AC, like I do? Leave that to vintage cars, I love driving my manual 612 but it’s better left to old cars...

SciFrog:

Because he thinks that having a MT in a performance modern car is as silly as having a manual window opener, no ABS or no AC, like I do? Leave that to vintage cars, I love driving my manual 612 but it’s better left to old cars...

What is next? An auto pilot and then you don’t have to drive at all indecision

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

SciFrog:

Why are you answering for him?  I don't think he is incapacitated and unable to respond.  This is not a zero sum game and one individual having a MT in a modern car does not diminish the driving satisfaction of anyone else.  

@Rossi Thanks buddy. 

@nberry sure call it fake news when you don’t like others’ opinions, right vs left, manual vs auto its just too tiring don’t you agree...... there is tons of automatic cars to choose from, and there will always be better ones.

@SciFrog I would rather keep a manual a very long time than keep an auto. So in 20 years this will be old, but still with some modern comfort and safety features. 

CGX car nut:
    SciFrog:

Why are you answering for him?  I don't think he is incapacitated and unable to respond.  This is not a zero sum game and one individual having a MT in a modern car does not diminish the driving satisfaction of anyone else.  

Did you read the article? A couple of comments. "The Touring set up is better than life itself" "The touring is a purest car." So the majority of Porsche owners with PDK are not purest. WTF??? The guy is an idiot on steroids.

Also, I embrace what Scifrog wrote. Couldn't have written it any better.

--

CGX car nut:
    SciFrog:

You did notice the “?” At the end of the question, right?

AP911:

@SciFrog I would rather keep a manual a very long time than keep an auto. So in 20 years this will be old, but still with some modern comfort and safety features. 

That is exactly why I own a 13 year old manual 612. Nothing can replace it today. Modern, NA V12 engine, awesome design that ages very gracefully and an inferior that stands the passage of time unlike earlier vintage Ferrari. MT is just the cherry on the cake and makes it very rare (<200 isn’t the world)...

nberry:
    CGX car nut:
    SciFrog:

Did you read the article? A couple of comments. "The Touring set up is better than life itself" "The touring is a purest car." So the majority of Porsche owners with PDK are not purest. WTF??? The guy is an idiot on steroids.

The author of the article is entitled to his opinion, just like everyone else.  It is just that, an opinion.  One can either agree with it or disagree.  

It is, though, more than a bit ironic that so many are waxing ecstatic about manuals at a time when there is a vast and growing movement towards taking away individual control of cars completely, ie. autonomous driving. 

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

4trac:

It is, though, more than a bit ironic that so many are waxing ecstatic about manuals at a time when there is a vast and growing movement towards taking away individual control of cars completely, ie. autonomous driving. 

Not really as there has always been a small market in the States that have wanted manual transmissions.  Recall a couple of generations back when BMW offered a manual for the M5 only in the States?   

nberry:
    CGX car nut:
    SciFrog:

Nick, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder. It is a matter of opinion and he has a right to his without being insulted for it. I don't get the vehemence, PDK has its advantages (I chose PDK for my daily) and manual has its advantages, whether some of you are able to appreciate them or not, otherwise manual 911's wouldn't sell and Porsche would not put them on "purist" models like 991R or GT3 Touring.

If I had to buy a 911 for the weekends (not for track), it would be a "manual" Touring hands down, over any other 911 in the line-up, it has in my opinion the perfect combination of chasis, transmission, engine and body without a big rear wing. The Touring restored some of my faith back on Porsche to make such a pure driver's street-car in this day and age of playstation cars. I'm I a idiot on steroids too? Smiley

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Personally, I enjoy driving a GT3 with a manual gearbox and it's great that it will continue in the 992 GT3 Touring! smiley

The alternative PDK transmission is impressive, but I still prefer the involvement of peddling a manual in a 911... 1538770913308image.gif

I also have no problem driving with a dual-clutch gearbox and paddles for more relaxing journeys... wink

It's great that we can enjoy the pleasure of driving with such marvellous options! 

Carlos from Spain:
    nberry:
    CGX car nut:
    SciFrog:

Nick, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder. It is a matter of opinion and he has a right to his without being insulted for it. I don't get the vehemence, PDK has its advantages (I chose PDK for my daily) and manual has its advantages, whether some of you are able to appreciate them or not, otherwise manual 911's wouldn't sell and Porsche would not put them on "purist" models like 991R or GT3 Touring.

If I had to buy a 911 for the weekends (not for track), it would be a "manual" Touring hands down, over any other 911 in the line-up, it has in my opinion the perfect combination of chasis, transmission, engine and body without a big rear wing. The Touring restored some of my faith back on Porsche to make such a pure driver's street-car in this day and age of playstation cars. I'm I a idiot on steroids too? Smiley

--

Carlos, I have read articles where a journalist has favored MT but never one like this. His language is oozing with sappy adjectives putting the Touring on the level of God. Sheer hogwash. To each is own regarding MT or PDK. But don't spit in my face while telling me how great MT is.Smiley

BTW, you mentioned in another thread that at one time I was against black wheels and yet I have them on my car today. The difference is Porsche has an option to surround the black wheel with an exterior color ring which makes a world of difference visually. But for for the ring I would not have ordered black wheels.kiss

--

nberry:
    Carlos from Spain:
    nberry:
    CGX car nut:
    SciFrog:

--

Carlos, I have read articles where a journalist has favored MT but never one like this. His language is oozing with sappy adjectives putting the Touring on the level of God. Sheer hogwash. To each is own regarding MT or PDK. But don't spit in my face while telling me how great MT is.Smiley

BTW, you mentioned in another thread that at one time I was against black wheels and yet I have them on my car today. The difference is Porsche has an option to surround the black wheel with an exterior color ring which makes a world of difference visually. But for for the ring I would not have ordered black wheels.kiss

In due time I see you driving a metallic grey manual 911 with gold wheels Smiley Smiley

--

nberry:
    CGX car nut:
    SciFrog:

More credibility might come with spelling purist's correctlySmiley

AP911:
    the-missile:
    AP911:
    BjoernB:

Well when the top speed is 300+, you just have to find the right place and time angry

I love a playful car, but even I am not in a mood for having a playful chassis above 250kph Smiley  

Nice to have a car that goes where it’s pointed without jokes at those speeds.  

Fortunately, the Touring is almost as good as Winged in this respect...

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

watt:
    nberry:
    CGX car nut:
    SciFrog:

More credibility might come with spelling purist's correctlySmiley

That’s Jalopnik quality.  You get what you paid.  

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691634 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410392 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256330 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235527 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65844 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4753 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

859001 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775448 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM