Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Aston Martin & Red Bull collaborate to build "ground-breaking" hypercar

Aston Martin & Red Bull collaborate to build "ground-breaking" hypercar

Aston Martin has announced it will join forces with Red Bull to create the "ultimate hypercar."
    The two companies have confirmed a long-term technological relationship that will result in a “ground-breaking Aston Martin hypercar” in the coming years. To celebrate the Innovation Partnership, Red Bull’s RB12 Formula 1 car will carry AM’s wings logo throughout the 2016 season, making debut at this weekend’s Australian Grand Prix at Albert Park in Melbourne.

Codenamed Project AM-RB 001, the new hypercar will be designed by Adrian Newey, Red Bull Racing’s chief technical officer, and Marek Reichman, Aston Martin’s design chief since 2005. It will represent “the ultimate blend of cutting edge F1 technology with Aston Martin’s signature sports car design,” according to the British luxury manufacturer.
    “Formula One offers the ultimate global stage to build wider awareness of the Aston Martin brand,” Aston Martin CEO Andy Palmer commented. “However, this partnership will deliver even more than that when the hypercar that Aston Martin and Adrian Newey are in the process of developing hits the road.”
    “This is a very exciting project for everyone at Red Bull Racing,” Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner added. “Through this Innovation Partnership the iconic Aston Martin logo will return to grand prix racing for the first time since 1960, and Red Bull Advanced Technologies, led by Adrian, will be harnessing our Formula One DNA to produce the ultimate of all road cars.”Official details are scarce at the moment, but reports suggest the hypercar will feature a mid-mounted hybrid powertrain, combining a newly-developed internal combustion engine with electric motors and F1-inspired kinetic energy recovery system (KERS). Aston Martin will produce only a handful copies with each of them carrying a price of more than $2.4 million.

Source: Aston Martin

Re: Aston Martin & Red Bull collaborate to build "ground-breaking" hypercar

Aston Martin, Red Bull want hypercar to beat Formula 1 cars on any F1 track

Aston Martin and Red Bull have released first details concerning their new hypercar codenamed “Project AM-RB 001.”

Motorsport.com’s Jonathan Noble was at the media event where Aston Martin CEO Andy Palmer revealed the bold objective. Those involved in the project want to make the hypercar faster around an F1 track than any Formula 1 car. To do that, the AM-RB 001 will use technology derived from Formula 1 and will adopt a mid-engined layout. The identity of the power unit has not been disclosed, but Palmer describes it as being an “awesome engine.”

Palmer suggested production will be capped at only 99 units, and Aston Martin Vulcan owners will have first dibs on the hypercar. As for the remaining units, these are going to be sold on a first come, first served basis. An exact starting price has not been disclosed, but Palmer did mention it will cost significantly more than $1 million.

At the same event, Red Bull Racing’s chief technical officer Adrian Newey described the Project AM-RB 001 as being “quite a compact car” making extensive use of carbon fiber and aluminum. He went on to specify it will be engineered to pass just about the same crash tests that F1 cars go through. Interestingly, he said it will have two characters by delivering “extreme performance” while remaining comfortable during busy city traffic.

Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner said the car will use “an awful lot” of F1 methodology and technology corroborated with Aston Martin’s expertise in road and race cars. All of these will be combined to create the “ultimate vehicle” that could generate unmatched downforce, according to initial measurements.

Aston Martin’s chief designer Marek Reichman revealed the project came to life about a year ago and the size, layout, and package have been established. Moreover, early buyers will soon have the chance to take a look at some of the proposed designs and eventually these will go public. It will stay true to the Aston Martin design language in a body set to have the “perfect proportion.” Compared to current Astons, the AM-RB 001 will have a shorter hood and an extended cabin as a result of switching to the mid-engined configuration.

The superior level of downforce will be achieved without the aid of a massive rear wing in order to maintain a “very pure” design. Reichman declared that to obtain a high level of aerodynamic efficiency, the engineers are working on an “incredibly complicated” underside. What really caught our attention from his statement was this: "It’s something that we haven’t seen and something that you will recognize, but it’s not currently at this planet."
    Now the wait begins...

More disappointment from AM. Wasting time building crap like this while they get their lunch eaten everywhere else.

can't aston do anything on their own anymore ? indecision

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

F1 race cars are so fast that only absolute trained professional drivers can stand the body stress.

Probably the ideal suicide tool for heavy weighted 40+ year old billionaires (or their not so loved post pubertal sons). Total BS Project

Hope it's lightweight. Having helped push my neighbors electrically haunted AM out of the way several times a lighter Aston would also be a step forward for neighbors and friends of AM owners.

Cool, but it'll have to be butt ugly in order to work with those performance levels. 

I imagine something busy like this, but still clean ish when compared to F1 cars, it clearly can't be like an F1 car. 

--

1991 BMW 535i Granitsilber/White Leather

Ex: '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

Hmmm, looks like the Streetdream / Caparo T1 to me :-)

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Aston Martin hints at F1-derived carbon fiber, hybrid tech for new Vanquish http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1077076_aston-martin-hints-at-f1-derived-carbon-fiber-hybrid-tech-for-new-vanquish

What AM should be building as a normal model:

https://youtu.be/37bGdNni4Ns?t=5m

Watch Prodrive build an Aston Martin Vantage GTE racer in 60 seconds http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1103195_watch-prodrive-build-an-aston-martin-vantage-gte-racer-in-60-seconds

Aston Martin hypercar sees huge demand despite rumored $3.66 million price http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1104230_aston-martin-hypercar-sees-huge-demand-despite-rumored-3-66-million-price

1466804979820image.jpeg

Apparently the car will be revealed the 5 of july.

v12 made by cosworth.1000 horsepower and 1000 kilograms.

really doubt It will be hybrid With this weight target.

JEANTET:

Apparently the car will be revealed the 5 of july.

v12 made by cosworth.1000 horsepower and 1000 kilograms.

really doubt It will be hybrid With this weight target.

That would be one of the lightest V12 cars since early Ferrari days (40s and 50s).  And they never had 1,000hp Smiley

--

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

I'm sure newey will made a very elegant and subtle car.

Yeah, it's going to be beautiful, powerful, and ideal. But it won't make Aston any money and will never reach costumers. I've said it time and time and again, Aston is wasting all of it's good ideas in cars that never come to fruition while the rest of their lineup brings nothing to the table. The DB11 is a step forward, but the brand still has ways to go . 

JEANTET:

I'm sure newey will made a very elegant and subtle car.

Subtle?  Smiley

--

fritz

Newey wizardry is sometimes difficult to see at first sight.Always clever things.

Aston Martin plans mid-engined Ferrari rival

https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/aston-martin-plans-midengined-ferrari-rival...

The more I see the Nebula, the more I like it. Conceptually is going a step further in terms of aerodynamics than any other hypercar ever created, I'd say even sketched, and being RB in the r&d of the car I assume it won't dissapoint when it comes to put all the figures on the road.

This might be some new info

http://www.motoring.com.au/more-on-aston-martin-am-rb-001-103017/

I see a cross between Tesla and Mazda in the design of this thing. It also looks quite small, will a V12 fit?!

--

1991 BMW 535i Granitsilber/White Leather

Ex: '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

kingjr9000:

This might be some new info

http://www.motoring.com.au/more-on-aston-martin-am-rb-001-103017/

I love the fact that we're living in a time with so many cutting edge hypercars - so interesting to see the different approaches.  I think this one has potential to be the best of them.

--

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Gordon Murray opinion 

https://www.wired.com/2016/08/aston-martins-new-hypercar-clever-3m-beast/

kingjr9000:

Gordon Murray opinion 

https://www.wired.com/2016/08/aston-martins-new-hypercar-clever-3m-beast/

Thanks for that. Whenever Mr. Murray speaks I listen. 

koko:

Aston Martin plans mid-engined Ferrari rival

https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/aston-martin-plans-midengined-ferrari-rival...

Mid-Engined Aston Martin V8 Set for 2022

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/GTspirit/~3/ufOXzdMN_Ls/

Release a new car every year? Oh boy, I hope they're not heading down the same path as Lotus....
    AM didn't hire Danny Bahar by any chance, did they?

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

I just hope they won't be applying the same sausage factory approach they used in the last ten years.

Joost:

Release a new car every year? Oh boy, I hope they're not heading down the same path as Lotus....
    AM didn't hire Danny Bahar by any chance, did they?

NO, that would be the same path as McLaren. One 'new' car a year Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM