Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 911 R (2016)

The joy killer from the R is it's limited production number . With that it makes it '' too special'' and you can't drive it as you would like to . This car is for collectors, just like the Speedster or the Sports classic was .

This car would be perfect if not in a limited number, with back seats ( optional ) and a choice of manual or PDK .

I have hopes it will come in a form or another in the next years .

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

bluelines:
    DaveC:

Just to be devil's advocate, the R value may have a limited window if Porsche decides to bring out more "purist" focused models with Motorsports content.  I do not believe we will see the current asking prices for the current RS once the .2 generation is released.  The 997 GT3RS 4.0 was the last of its kind but can that be said of this R??

Yes, hold out for the R "Black Edition", the R "One Year Anniversary Edition" and lastly the R "Preuninger Edition" with a signed plaque and optional GT3 rear wing and PDK-SSmiley

the R Preuninger edition is distinguished as the car which Preuninger would want to get if Porsche just let him::::)))

DocMo:

Final thought: we should make Porsche engineers / marketers job a bit more challenging!! By this I mean let's not just jump on any piece of marketing they throw to the market. I hate the " Artificially created exclusivity" ...the price point and the characteristics of the car should dictate how wide spread a model will be. If Porsche knows that we, the buyers  that make their profitability above any other car maker, are very demanding and not just willing to get the last "hyped" model,  they will start treating us more seriously. Today, I am convinced they feel that the market is ready buy any shit they throw at it and hence they do it ;) I am not trying to offend anyone just stating my honest opinion. 

That's exactly what I do. Money talks. Haven't bought a 911 since 2003 and no intention to do so unless it is exactly what we want (exclusive, PDK, GT3 sportiness, back seats and no roof). Till then the $$S goes to the other guys Smiley

Just got a call from my dealer (now Hahn Gruppe). He told me that no customer will get 911 r from him. The owner family decided to take the car for their collection. They do not want to make all the customer angry if they don't get the car and one will get.

What a bullshit. I asked why not put all names in a bag a let some sexy girl pull one name out. This isn't possible - second bullshit. Porsche is selling 20 cars to their employees on this way. 

So Hahn decided to make profit with this car. I am not sure if Porsche is amused about this as I am not sure about all the unsatisfied customers.

Has someone else here made similar  experiences with Hahn Gruppe?

--

AM

When cars are truly limited like the R, it divides the enthusiasts. A very small minority will be very happy, many more will be very unhappy and the large rest won't care so much. IMHO it is just wrong.

Grant:

The stripes are a no-cost option (and the "Porsche" decals cost extra).  The car comes in two standard subtle colors without stripes.  It is very low-key, unless you choose otherwise.

Porsche Netherlands

Yes, more than 6.000€ options

Leawood911:

RC - I never heard of a lease where the residilual amount was not stated in the purchase agreement and it was not written in stone. Here in the US you get to buy the car at that price at the end of the lease if you choose. The dealer can not alter that price.  

Get the R. 

The dealer is not obliged to sell the car to me after the lease ends, actually the tax office over here doesn't really want it, this is why you cannot write it in the contract (that I can buy the car at the residual value after the lease ends).

So the dealer can easily decline my offer to buy the car and he surely will because he would have the chance to sell it for much more money to someone else. Porsche Germany doesn't allow mark-ups on new cars but used cars? No problem.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

ALDO:

Just got a call from my dealer (now Hahn Gruppe). He told me that no customer will get 911 r from him. The owner family decided to take the car for their collection. They do not want to make all the customer angry if they don't get the car and one will get.

What a bullshit. I asked why not put all names in a bag a let some sexy girl pull one name out. This isn't possible - second bullshit. Porsche is selling 20 cars to their employees on this way. 

So Hahn decided to make profit with this car. I am not sure if Porsche is amused about this as I am not sure about all the unsatisfied customers.

Has someone else here made similar  experiences with Hahn Gruppe?

Actually, I heard that Porsche decides who gets a car and who doesn't but why are you surprised that the owner of a dealership wouldn't want a car for himself? He is not obliged to sell it to a customer and since the owner of a dealership has good ties to Porsche... Better than someone who flips the car for a profit (unless the dealer himself does it, which would be a shame).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    Leawood911:

RC - I never heard of a lease where the residilual amount was not stated in the purchase agreement and it was not written in stone. Here in the US you get to buy the car at that price at the end of the lease if you choose. The dealer can not alter that price.  

Get the R. 

The dealer is not obliged to sell the car to me after the lease ends, actually the tax office over here doesn't really want it, this is why you cannot write it in the contract (that I can buy the car at the residual value after the lease ends).

So the dealer can easily decline my offer to buy the car and he surely will because he would have the chance to sell it for much more money to someone else. Porsche Germany doesn't allow mark-ups on new cars but used cars? No problem.

In the case of the R lease like that makes no sense...

Super Darius:

RC,take the R

if you whant a car to take a few time,is the right one..better than your GTS

Dario, my GTS is my daily driver (well, most of the time) and it is a convertible. Most fun car I ever had, especially in spring and summer. The R would be a weekend toy and if I get it, no more daily driver and no more open top fun in spring/summer, my wife would also be very sad. Not an easy decision, trust me... The problem is that I have to decide this week and I don't even know if I can get one 100%, this remains in the hands of the Porsche gods. Smiley

On a side note (not for you Dario, for others): PLEASE PLEASE guys, STOP sending me private messages or emails about getting you a 911 R. I am not a Porsche dealer, I cannot get any car for a third party and if I can get the R for me, it would be locked onto my name and I would need to keep it for 6 months before I can sell it. Also, I really want this car, so if I can get one, I would keep it, not sell it. So PLEASE STOP sending me messages/mails about this, I cannot help you, sorry. Smiley

--

^ people asked you for a R?  this is too funny.

it will be easier to just sweet talk Whoopsy to sell his when he is done with it.

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

If people want a R send me a PM

--

997 GT3 RS 3.6 - 964 RS - 991 GT3 RS

Whoopsy:

The R wears standard GT3 sized rubber, but Cup2s.

Yesterday I told AP that the R would be a perfect car if it has 2 rear seats and a PDK instead of manual.

he looked at me wild eyed and said you guys are impossible to satisfied lol.

we always ask for something that's not offered.

I know not (almost) everyone will agree with me, but here goes - Flame Suit On and I'm being honest Smiley

1. We're already overpaying for a car that's sharing parts from older and outgoing models, this one is supposed to (imho NOT have) have less fats, leather and stitching between your legs and on top of your head etc....keep it raw if you keep on bringing up the word PURIST. I think I saw a cup holder sign Smiley

2. Manual has always been the standard transmission, so why does it cost more than a GT3 with PDK ? Limited this...Smiley  It's a planned project to see if they can find potential buyers so that they can slap a fixed price in the future if they continue to offer the R.

3. PCCB is not optional (another stupid move)

4. Wheel Size Option: 19" or 20".

5. They could've ditched the electric windows or have Wind Down Window as an option at $0.

6. I like this car a lot, it's the only wingless 911 that looks beautiful and modest compared to past generations that I've seen in person, but I won't be getting one, because 1. My local dealer = Tyrant that Porsche needs to do something about them. 2. Porsche and their delusional marketing team and how hard they've been working to come up with such a superior purist car that wasn't an easy task for their engineers = bullsh*t of the year  Smiley Kill the fugly Panamera, you can't compete with Mercedes, BMW and Audi. It's not your job and stop pretending you'll soon be outselling the big 3. Porsche = Sportscar maker not luxury and comfort with soon to come interior option the butt and back massage treatment.

7. If this 911 R wasn't meant for the track, then Carrera and Carrera S owners should be banned from entering any track around the world, Boxster and Cayman owners shouldn't even think about pushing their cars to the limit unless it carries a Spyder or GT4 logo, some of their statements are just too comical  Smiley and thank you for reviving the manual transmission.

I agree with you. I fail to see the attraction in this car. It cost substantially more than the 991GT3 but is slower 0-60. It looks like any other 911 except for the stripes and decals. Why in the world would someone pay that much more for manual is beyond me. Clearly this is nothing more than a collectors car who has  money he doesn't know how to spend.

--

Of little, to make much: That is the dream of a human life.

^ totally agree, have been saying this all along

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

Don't know why so many are hung up on it either. There are so many manual GT3s for sale, so many vastly cooler and equally, if not more exciting cars for sale.

And honestly, I think one has a better public image in a GT3 with a wing than just a normal 911. Trust me, you aren't exactly professional and down to Earth by driving a modern, wing-less 911.

Me too. I fail to see the awesomeness. Nor do I get why everyone have gone mental over this parts bin special and suddenly consider selling RSs, houses, kids, etc. to buy it.

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

BTW, why can't you just take the wing off a GT3/RS? It looks like it just bolts on. 

bluelines:

Me too. I fail to see the awesomeness. Nor do I get why everyone have gone mental over this parts bin special and suddenly consider selling RSs, houses, kids, etc. to buy it.

I am selling my dwarf rabbits but won`t be enough Smiley

noone1:

BTW, why can't you just take the wing off a GT3/RS? It looks like it just bolts on. 

The aero was designed with a rear wing in mind so you should not remove the wing. That said, if people never drive above 80mph (think USA) then it can't really make that much difference.

noone1:

Taking such a significant downforce off the rear of the car with which the whole setup  (front aero, suspensions, etc) were designed around, would unbalance the car and would lead to dangerous and unpredictable behaviour at speed. It would be OK it the rest of the car was setup to take that into account (chasis setup and front aero balancing) like in other 911 models without that wing, but it's not a cosmetic element on the GT3. Not to mention how stupid it would look to buy a car such as a GT3/RS just to then go an cripple it like that, not ebing able to take it to the track or go beyond 60mph on a mountain road...

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

I'd be shocked if the 911 GT3 RS has stability problems without the wing on normal roads.

noone1:

I'd be shocked if the 911 GT3 RS has stability problems without the wing on normal roads.

If you are talking commuting on a central florida highway then no, but a spirited drive on a mountain road defginately you could have a problem, its not only the lack of rear downforce its the unbalance front vs rear you create since the RS has ver aggressive aero on the front to balance that huge rear wing. Its like using worn tires on the rear vs new ones on the front. The decreased rear traction on a straight may be manageable, but the difference in grip between front and rear on a turn can be a disaster.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Would be interesting to see a test. I imagine TC and ESP would just be working harder and you'd just have less grip. I'd be surprised if it was actually dangerous.

I mean, even with a giant wing, you can find normal road conditions in daily life where traction on the rear goes to shit compared to the front.

bluelines:

Fully agree with you.

Btw, I am going mental since I secured two tickets for June 15th Etihad Stadium gig!SmileySmiley

You will understand me I hope...

nberry:

I agree with you. I fail to see the attraction in this car. It cost substantially more than the 991GT3 but is slower 0-60. It looks like any other 911 except for the stripes and decals. Why in the world would someone pay that much more for manual is beyond me. Clearly this is nothing more than a collectors car who has  money he doesn't know how to spend.

The GT3 has carbon parts and magnesium roof?

wantone:
    nberry:

The GT3 has carbon parts and magnesium roof?

It don't think it does, but really, how much do you think it costs to make some very basic shapes out of magnesium and carbon?

m4ever:
    bluelines:

I am selling my dwarf rabbits but won`t be enough Smiley

Smiley

I got a rare porcelain garden gnome waiting to be traded in for the upcoming GT4 RS.

--

KresoF1:
    bluelines:

Fully agree with you.

Btw, I am going mental since I secured two tickets for June 15th Etihad Stadium gig!SmileySmiley

You will understand me I hope...

That is awesomeness! Smiley

Would love to go too. Need to look into that. Thanks for the tip Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689846 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409377 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255814 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235042 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65562 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4650 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858133 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774233 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM