Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: The new Ford GT

bluelines:

There is no magic to these lease deals. At the end of the lease term the car has a calculated market value which has to be equal or higher than the book value.

I guess RC's demonstrator was 20% less below MSRP, since he is an amazing negotiator, which leaves us at 170k. The initial payment was at least 10%, but probably more, to get the monthly rate down. I take a stab at 15% which leaves us at 145k. Then a monthly rate 800 for 48 months including interest. Residual around 110k?

RC has paid 60k to rent a car which is owned by Audi leasing. As he said, it cost him a 718 Boxster with some options.

If you start at MSRP 220k the deal will look quite different since you have another 50k to finance. 

Put like that is is actually an ok deal but not fantastic... Both my Ferraris cost me less than that for longer periods, and the AM cost $80k but for 10 years (without financing). On the other end $60k is a bargain compared to high end Cayennes and Panameras.

The longer you keep a car, the more it seems like a better deal and probably is. One reason I plan to buy the R8 when the lease ends but I want to see the facelift first before I know for sure. If the facelift has the same sound, I will switch to the facelift and buy the facelift after the lease ends (or buy the facelift right away, don't know yet). I am still dreaming of a "960" but everything I learned so far is that it won't come until 2020. Earliest.

Also, I don't know what the Audi dealer is going to ask for my R8. If he wants to get rid of it because he has slim chances to sell if fast, I could snatch it for a good price. If not...well...I will see about that. I also need to see the lease deals for the facelift...

I know that many here have a certain (negative) reservation towards the R8 but I really suggest to anyone to test-drive one, just for fun. For me, it is was/is a fantastic deal because I finally got my "Huracan" without paying a fortune for it. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC, you won't buy the "old" R8. The pace of advances is still quite high and you like the latest tech, plus you drive a lot so how many km your R8 would have then?

SciFrog:

RC, you won't buy the "old" R8. The pace of advances is still quite high and you like the latest tech, plus you drive a lot so how many km your R8 would have then?

I want to own a car with that fantastic sound and I will definitely buy the last one. This car pushes all my buttons in many different ways, I was really surprised. Is it perfect? No, not by far but maybe the facelift will be. However, if the facelift doesn't sound even close to the current car, I will not get it. 

Yes, I love the latest tech but I learned my lesson with the 991.1 Turbo S I owned. If I have to sacrifice some performance for the sound and emotions I get from the R8, I will do that. Or to use the words of a friend: "Du fährst mit dem Auto sowieso schon alles in Grund und Boden, was da auf den Straßen fährt, mehr brauchst Du nicht." I leave the translation to our German friends. Smiley Truth is: It is already difficult to drive this car at the limit, let alone on public roads. For those rare moments on the Autobahn, I don't care if someone is faster but even sportscar owners usually drive under 200 kph on the German Autobahn for whatever reasons. Probably to save fuel Smiley...so I think I'm good. 

What can I do...I fell in love. Smiley 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

They will eventually find a way to make better sounding turbo cars, that's if turbo cars even are the future.

SciFrog:

They will eventually find a way to make better sounding turbo cars, that's if turbo cars even are the future.

Without sound symposers and/or leading the sound inside the car? Not very likely. Artificial sound is the most horrible thing and I also don't like it when a microphone records the sound in the engine bay or close to the exhaust system and sends the sound inside the car. This is just not good enough for me. Of course most modern engine/exhaust sounds are engineered, I have no problem with that but there is a red line for what should be done and what shouldn't.

--

SciFrog:

Put like that is is actually an ok deal but not fantastic...

As I wrote before, it is depreciation with interest on top Smiley That is ok.

You can pick a car which does not depreciate and you can pay for it to avoid the interest rate. That is fantastic.

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Topic: The new Ford GT 😂

BTW - For German Members...did you see the leasing offers of AMG in the last months?

I could lease right now a C63 T for 25€ more per month than I pay for my wifes BMW 320d Touring...😝

Unbelievable, they really want their cars on the road...

Blueflame

bluelines:
    SciFrog:

You can pick a car which does not depreciate and you can pay for it to avoid the interest rate. That is fantastic.

Example? Just curious.

--

RC:
    bluelines:
    SciFrog:

Example? Just curious.

997 GT3 RS 4.0l, 991 GT3 RS, 991 R or 981 GT4 to name a few.

--

997 GT3 RS 4.0 is a very nice car but couldn't even keep up with a RS6 on the Autobahn. Nice track toy or collectible but as a weekend fun car? Not really my thing.

991 GT3 RS...same thing as above. Was never interested, despite one being reserved for me. Drove one from Zuffenhausen to Munich, fantastic car but just not what I was looking for.

GT4? You're joking, right? Not even close to what I would drive and you know that. I need a challenge. 

If you would have said 918 or Carrera GT, this would have been a different story. I was offered a 918 but I didn't have the money. Months later, demand exploded and it was sold out. Would I have bought one if I could have afforded it? Oh hell yes. But I couldn't. laugh

991 R? Well, this is a love hate story. I always wanted such a car but when I heard that it doesn't get PDK, I wasn't interested anymore. Sorry. It was a very small (decision) window if I wanted one, so I didn't do it, also because I really didn't have the money available and I didn't want to take a risk. From an investment point of view, it was certainly a mistake but I would have never ever kept this car, sorry. angry

Things aren't always that easy in life, especially when it comes to cars. I never bought a car because of resale value or as an investment. The GT500 was actually the first car I felt I would want to own but the disappointment wasn't the car itself but the need to drive 400(!) km each time I had a minor issue with it. Not worth it, I just don't have the time for something like that. I need a reliable weekend toy and one I can have maintained and repaired easily and fast. The GT500 just wasn't the car for that purpose. Sadly.

--

RC, you need to quit crying poor. Maybe you should stop blowing money on mediocre cars and just save for the one you actually want.

The reason you'll never own a Huracan or Aventador is because you spend so much money on shit like a $100K Cayenne and a $150K 911. That and your pitchfork carrying neighbors.

You literally have $500K worth of cars in your garage...

noone1:

RC, you need to quit crying poor. Maybe you should stop blowing money on mediocre cars and just save for the one you actually want.

Which one would that be?  Smiley They come and go. So far.

The reason you'll never own a Huracan or Aventador is because you spend so much money on shit like a $100K Cayenne and a $150K 911.

The Cayenne S Diesel is 135k EUR and it is my wife's car. Unlike other wives, my wife actually works and has her own business. Smiley I cannot get an Aventador for the many reasons I already unveiled many many times. Social stuff and all.

Also, with two kids and many other expenses, "affordable" means something different to me. A car is no investment for me, so I am only spending money I can really "spare". Smiley

Long story short: I have two wonderful cars I enjoy but even if I wanted, I couldn't get what I really want. Not now, not where I live and not with two kids soon leaving the house (oh well, one of them first).

I still have the R8 facelift on my radar (honestly) but I will see about it when it arrives in 2019. Til then, I enjoy my fantastic R8, a car many people seem to really ignore because they have never driven it. Or maybe it is just arrogance because of the Audi brand. I don't care. I drive the car, not the brand. Smiley Smiley

--

Considering the expected resale value; I think it might actually be quite reasonable for me to ask Ford Motor Credit to pay me to lease a new Ford GT.  smiley  wink

bluelines:
    SciFrog:

Or you can lease a car at 1.9% , use the spare money to buy  shares ( AMS ) and make an even greater  profit Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Gnil:
    bluelines:
    SciFrog:

Or you can lease a car at 1.9% , use the spare money to buy  shares ( AMS ) and make an even greater  profit Smiley

Or you can go to the casion and put 50k on number 17

Gnil:
    bluelines:
    SciFrog:

Haha, yes. For the more risk avert of us that is the game indecision

--

Gnil:
    bluelines:
    SciFrog:

Or you can lease a car at 1.9% , use the spare money to buy  shares ( AMS ) and make an even greater  profiSmiley

Now here is someone who starts to understand me... Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

We all should have bought a 918... Everyone had a chance to do it... I passed because I though it would be sub $600k and didn't like the hybrid tech. Big mistake mail

But you got the second best... Macan Turbo! indecision It is almost like a 918. Just with four doors and a big boot.

--

bluelines:

But you got the second best... Macan Turbo! indecision It is almost like a 918. Just with four doors and a big boot.

Smileythey both say Porsche in the back and have the exact same steering wheelSmiley

SciFrog:
    bluelines:

Smileythey both say Porsche in the back and have the exact same steering wheelSmiley

SmileySmiley

--

SciFrog:

We all should have bought a 918... Everyone had a chance to do it... I passed because I though it would be sub $600k and didn't like the hybrid tech. Big mistake mail

Same here but let's be serious: I don't know about you but I would have done everything to keep it but my wife would have never allowed it (too much money...). Better not to get tempted... Smiley

--

I don't care what high tech advancements the 918 had, spending a million dollars on a car is silly (Nick please accept my apology). There are just too many terrific cars being produced at less than 1/2 the price. Fortunately for 918 owners, the stock market is doing very well and the car can now be considered an investment. 

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

nberry:

I don't care what high tech advancements the 918 had, spending a million dollars on a car is silly (Nick please accept my apology). There are just too many terrific cars being produced at less than 1/2 the price. Fortunately for 918 owners, the stock market is doing very well and the car can now be considered an investment. 

Its all relative, many people would say the same thing about a 250k car, and others about a 100k car and so on. I agree that the law of diminishing returns applies but still it can be offset by each person's circumstances, there is no fixed line for that assumption, its all relative to the pockets of each one.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:
    nberry:

Its all relative, many people would say the same thing about a 250k car, and others about a 100k car and so on. I agree that the law of diminishing returns applies but still it can be offset by each person's circumstances, there is no fixed line for that assumption, its all relative to the pockets of each one.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Smiley Exactly. Many of my wife's female friends think I am nuts that I got myself a 220k EUR car (apparently many are more interested in the price tag than in the tech). My wife always tells them that it was her idea (it kind of was, I was actually looking at a RS6 Smiley) and they don't understand. One even said that with this kind of money, you could buy an small condo. Many of them don't seen to understand the difference between buying and leasing but it doesn't really matter. Smiley

If I could afford it, meaning I could pay for it (buying, lease, whatever) without having to worry about my kids' future, I would have gotten the 918 in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, at the time the car was offered to me, it wasn't that clear that it is going to be an excellent investment. They had a few cars left and apparently they wanted to move them as fast as possible. Even if I knew it would be a great investment, I wouldn't have gotten one. Too risky. The 911 R was a different story but the main reason I didn't get one was the lack of PDK (what if I liked it and didn't want to sell it? Smiley), the fact that I didn't have the money "available" (it was invested) at that time and and also, to be honest, I didn't want to call in favors and then sell the car with a profit. This wouldn't have ended well for my relationship to Porsche. Smiley

Anyway: I do not agree with nberry. I would go for whatever car I like if I can afford it. Yes, for some people this may be a good investment but I have never ever thought of cars as an investment and will never do that. Maybe if I had a car collection of some sorts but...I don't. Lucky me. Smiley

--

..yet these ladies no doubt think it is perfectly logical to drop thousands on a handbag.. 

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

DaveGordon:

..yet these ladies no doubt think it is perfectly logical to drop thousands on a handbag.. 

Exactly Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690926 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410099 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256164 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235387 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65736 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858760 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775056 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM