Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 GT3 RS

BiTurbo:
    pmarkow:

yes i think it will be very different with the speciale successor. what i hear from maranello is very promising. think F40 and 288 GTO :::)))

Smiley

well, not this:::))))

BjoernB:

I am willing to do a bet with you - in times of fast approaching turbo aera - the RS even if produced 2500 times is still a very rare car in 10 years. 

You need to add the 997.1 RS, the 997.2 RS , the GT4, the Spyder, the R, the maybe forthcoming 991.2 , and all other preceding manual cars . So there are many cars to choose from ...... and maybe not as many car collectors . 

But I wish exactly the same as you Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

pmarkow:
    Rossi:
    pmarkow:
    d997h:

I thought of that too, but I assume it is still more of  an issue of F vs. P...

F vs P....the honest answer is: had the issue with my wife not popped up then it would have been the GT3 RS all the way. i could have lived with that given that my deposit and pre-contract for the 488 GTO (or speciale or whatever name) is in, with guaranteed second slot in my dealership.

peter

In the other thread you wrote that the 488 leaves you cold. Why do you think it will be different in case of the Speciale-successor? Smiley

yes i think it will be very different with the speciale successor. what i hear from maranello is very promising. think F40 and 288 GTO :::)))

Basically it will be a beefed-up 488. Having the latest creations from Maranello in mind, I'm sure it will feature an aggressive styling, but I doubt it wil be much - if any - better in the sounds department. I have no issue with that, since I'm fine with the sound of the 488 (not only for a turbocharged car, but for a Ferrari), but if you expect dramatic changes I think you will be disappointed.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    pmarkow:
    Rossi:
    pmarkow:
    d997h:

F vs P....the honest answer is: had the issue with my wife not popped up then it would have been the GT3 RS all the way. i could have lived with that given that my deposit and pre-contract for the 488 GTO (or speciale or whatever name) is in, with guaranteed second slot in my dealership.

peter

In the other thread you wrote that the 488 leaves you cold. Why do you think it will be different in case of the Speciale-successor? Smiley

Basically it will be a beefed-up 488. Having the latest creations from Maranello in mind, I'm sure it will feature an aggressive styling, but I doubt it wil be much - if any - better in the sounds department. I have no issue with that, since I'm fine with the sound of the 488 (not only for a turbocharged car, but for a Ferrari), but if you expect dramatic changes I think you will be disappointed.

A friend is very close to Maranello and his Ferrari dealer because he is a good customer. He basically claims the same as you, one reason he chose the 488 Spider and not the expected A model based on the next Speciale model. More power and more "styling" yes. More or better sound? Not very likely.

I told Peter to get the 458 Speciale while he still can but he didn't want to listen. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    Rossi:
    pmarkow:
    Rossi:
    pmarkow:
    d997h:

peter

A friend is very close to Maranello and his Ferrari dealer because he is a good customer. He basically claims the same as you, one reason he chose the 488 Spider and not the expected A model based on the next Speciale model. More power and more "styling" yes. More or better sound? Not very likely.

I told Peter to get the 458 Speciale while he still can but he didn't want to listen. Smiley Smiley

Smiley 22    Smiley 9

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

If you decide to sell the RS, it's game over for you from both sides(458 + GT3 RS) your only hope is pre-owned dept. and their farcical prices.

The lower the mileage, the higher the asking price.

Funny thing is, an F40 is now going for over 1M and nobody has any interest in it, all talk and no real buyers or enthusiasts.

458 Spider = 165,000 ~ 280,000 EUR
    458 Speciale = 260,000 ~ 400,000 EUR
    458 Speciale Aperta = 640,000 ~ 789,000 EUR

BiTurbo:

Funny thing is, an F40 is now going for over 1M and nobody has any interest in it, all talk and no real buyers or enthusiasts.

+ 1

There is a lot of that going on . There are no real buyers at these prices except a handful , and they will never account for the number of cars for sale on the market .

Prices will have to come down if owners want to sell 

--

@gnil,

just an observation (and no offense) , but the lava orange of  your new avatar always reminds me of these:

manner.jpg

...and I get hungry immediately...Smiley

ooh, nice.. An Austrian colleague feeds us those regularly.. kiss

--

2015 911 GT3, 2011 987S, 1964 Type 1

d997h:

@gnil,

just an observation (and no offense) , but the lava orange of  your new avatar always reminds me of these:

manner.jpg

that's a  good thing, even if I have never seen those waffles , but they look damm  tasty if they are like the ones I know Smiley

I got tired of all the false red RS we see in the avatar and came up with a real salmon Smiley

--

Gnil:
    d997h:

@gnil,

manner.jpg

that's a  good thing, even if I have never seen those waffles , but they look damm  tasty if they are like the ones I know Smiley

I got tired of all the false red RS we see in the avatar and came up with a real salmon Smiley

Your all gonna get fat guys and will not fit in your buckets Smiley Smiley

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

throt:
    Gnil:
    d997h:

@gnil,

manner.jpg

Your all gonna get fat guys and will not fit in your buckets Smiley Smiley

Get them in XL next time. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

1455727210137image.jpeg
    1455727210145image.jpeg
    1455727210129image.jpegFinally after 1 month of running around between PAG, Saudi & UAE customs the car made it home..

Congrats on finally getting it done.

But boy, inside the car must be steaming in the desert heat angel

--

Glad you finally got it ! 

It looks stunning in this setting kiss

--

ha:

Finally after 1 month of running around between PAG, Saudi & UAE customs the car made it home..

SmileySmileySmiley

Very nice, even the silver rims and wing posts look great this way...

image.pngWhoopsy:

Not this time of the year 

Wow, that means this is a good time to visit indecision

--

We were there last fall and didn't think it was too hot... But then again we think it is too cold now in Miami smiley

February is the coldest month in Denver, but this is the warmest one in my 25 years here.  Today it's 70F (21.1C) and has been like this for weeks and will be for weeks (according to forecast).  Track days for the next 2 weekends...

--

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Ha, gorgeous RS. I love the silver wheels with the violet.kiss

--

Of little, to make much: That is the dream of a human life.

Thanks Nazar

Peter. Congrats on the car. I think we have been waiting for this day for 2.5 years now. First almost the GT3, then the 458, and now the RS.

Im really sorry to hear your wife does not like the car. I can make a suggestion. My wife is 6" and has spinal fusion. The seats were her biggest concern (particularly she wanted heated). I tried the P11 one piece  bucket seats and they are not as comfortable for long trips IMO as the folding bucket GT2 style seats which can also be ordered for the car and which come with heated element. I even ordered the Gt4 with the older style GT4 bucket seat because its better for long travel and for me on the track it does not push my helmet as fat forward from behind as the one piece bucket does. In the Cayman the flipping function is super handy to access the rear luggage rather than flipping the rear lid and walking over. Also Recaro made the GT2 style seat and it wears very well over time, very strong design and the leather does not gather or go shiny or wear on the seams. With the new LEAR built one piece there are already complaints to the dealer about the wear characteristics. So maybe look to buy some used stock seats (there should be many on Ebay - this would be the cheapest option) or if you want some folding seats the look at GT2 bucket which will fit the style of vehicle well. Just some ideas.

All that said, this is really a car to be used on the track. For your type of use I must confess this is the wrong car. My wife is about to embark with me on a 5000 km journey visiting 5 race tracks in NZ but I must say its a very rare lady that will do that. I must also confess that I drive much faster and enjoy the car much more when she is not a passenger hence I do Targa (tarmac rally events) in NZ each year without her. 

If I understand your lifestyle properly you need something that is sporty, can handle winter and summer, is elegant and comfortable for 2 people and luggage for up to 3000km on a variety or road conditions. You would rather not have compromises with R compound tyres or highly strung engine. Lets face it the RS looks a bit OTT for a weekend tourer. I honestly think you are on the right track with the 488. I wouldnt even bother with the hardercore version, just get the 488 and love it.

The RS may be a false start for you but its a very good position to be in. Your Ferrari dealer will give you MSRP+ trade in if he is half smart or at the very least you wont loose a cent and will likely make money.

Peter. Feel that I know you after all these years. Whatever you decide will be right, great news is you have time and will not loose money. I know your heart wants one of these GT oriented cars, but trust me (and I only use my cars fast on road and track) that I would myself not own a GT3 if it werent for my obsession for track work.The GT3 is much more subtle design than the RS and just passes the wife test but if I didnt go to the track i would buy a 991 GTS or similar. The 488 may still be the perfect ride for you but at least you can have some fun while you wait....:-)

--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014 991 GT3, 1994 993C2 6spd, 2016 Cayman GT4 (on order)

macca993:   "Also Recaro made the GT2 style seat and it wears very well over time, very strong design and the leather does not gather or go shiny or wear on the seams. With the new LEAR built one piece there are already complaints to the dealer about the wear characteristics".

FWIW, The GT2-style folding bucket seat was in fact developed with and manufactured by Lear Corp.
    I don't know if the same company also makes the new one-piece seat.

--

fritz

Lear also builds the 918 style buckets

--

Whoopsy:

I prefer steaming in the desert heat to freezing cold in Europe. Smiley Smiley

--

macca993:

Peter. Congrats on the car. I think we have been waiting for this day for 2.5 years now. First almost the GT3, then the 458, and now the RS.

Im really sorry to hear your wife does not like the car. I can make a suggestion. My wife is 6" and has spinal fusion. The seats were her biggest concern (particularly she wanted heated). I tried the P11 one piece  bucket seats and they are not as comfortable for long trips IMO as the folding bucket GT2 style seats which can also be ordered for the car and which come with heated element. I even ordered the Gt4 with the older style GT4 bucket seat because its better for long travel and for me on the track it does not push my helmet as fat forward from behind as the one piece bucket does. In the Cayman the flipping function is super handy to access the rear luggage rather than flipping the rear lid and walking over. Also Recaro made the GT2 style seat and it wears very well over time, very strong design and the leather does not gather or go shiny or wear on the seams. With the new LEAR built one piece there are already complaints to the dealer about the wear characteristics. So maybe look to buy some used stock seats (there should be many on Ebay - this would be the cheapest option) or if you want some folding seats the look at GT2 bucket which will fit the style of vehicle well. Just some ideas.

All that said, this is really a car to be used on the track. For your type of use I must confess this is the wrong car. My wife is about to embark with me on a 5000 km journey visiting 5 race tracks in NZ but I must say its a very rare lady that will do that. I must also confess that I drive much faster and enjoy the car much more when she is not a passenger hence I do Targa (tarmac rally events) in NZ each year without her. 

If I understand your lifestyle properly you need something that is sporty, can handle winter and summer, is elegant and comfortable for 2 people and luggage for up to 3000km on a variety or road conditions. You would rather not have compromises with R compound tyres or highly strung engine. Lets face it the RS looks a bit OTT for a weekend tourer. I honestly think you are on the right track with the 488. I wouldnt even bother with the hardercore version, just get the 488 and love it.

The RS may be a false start for you but its a very good position to be in. Your Ferrari dealer will give you MSRP+ trade in if he is half smart or at the very least you wont loose a cent and will likely make money.

Peter. Feel that I know you after all these years. Whatever you decide will be right, great news is you have time and will not loose money. I know your heart wants one of these GT oriented cars, but trust me (and I only use my cars fast on road and track) that I would myself not own a GT3 if it werent for my obsession for track work.The GT3 is much more subtle design than the RS and just passes the wife test but if I didnt go to the track i would buy a 991 GTS or similar. The 488 may still be the perfect ride for you but at least you can have some fun while you wait....:-)

mark,

thanks a lot for your well-meaning words. and of course, as (almostSmiley 21) always, you are right. but unfortunately the GT3RS virus has struck me and the only cure is to get the car and see. my wife has meanwhile agreed to give it another try (i offered to buy her a BMW M2 - giving up my strict one car policy - if the GT3RS really does not work out for her). the 488 GTB would certainly suit my needs better but it would not cure me of the virus, it would only prolong the disease.::::))))))

so i am not going to sell the car after all, instead i shall pick it up in the last week of march if there is no snow in/around vienna.

if the GT3RS is not after my liking i will just sell it without loosing too much money on it. in any case i shall start out with the carbon bucket seats and will try to swap them for more comfy seats if really necessary. the roll cage will be taken out and put on storage before i pick up the car from the dealership.

the ferrari bug will stay dormant for 2-3 years:::))))

cheers peterSmiley 4

Some pics from yesterday at Zuffenhausen.

Blueflame

1455838380919image.jpeg
    1455838380924image.jpeg
    1455838380908image.jpeg
    1455838380938image.jpeg
    1455838380929image.jpeg
    1455838380933image.jpeg

That red one looks great.  I would lose the center stripe, but otherwise very nice!

--

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM