Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Collected my GTS today

Happy fro you John . Glad you took the plunge . Life is too short not to enjoy it to the fullest kiss

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

Happy fro you John . Glad you took the plunge . Life is too short not to enjoy it to the fullest kiss

And even shorter if you have to pay bills you didn't expect to pay. Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Have never heard anyone have an issue because they changed an exhaust...

SciFrog:

Have never heard anyone have an issue because they changed an exhaust...

Many cases in Germany, especially when there was a serious engine problem. I also remember a guy in the US who tuned his 996 Turbo and ended up with a 50k USD repair bill because he tuned the car. Just saying...it doesn't need to happen in your neighborhood or with someone you know but sh.t happens and most of the time when you don't need it. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Carlos from Spain:

That is great to hear John! (pardon the pun indecision)...congrats! wink

Thanks Carlos - the pun is perfect!! Smiley

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

doug1950:

Seriously guys, this is the best thing I've done since placing the original order which was contentious, at the time, due to the imminent arrival of the 991... I'm a really, really happy bunny!! 

@ John

That's awesome to "hear" man!   kiss Once again you have caught my GTS attention... like when we were first sharing our new and glorious experiences with these classic GTS's.  ...and like you,  I still love the car more and more all the time!  Yep, it's a true keeper!  smiley  

Congrats on the new exhaust...winkand I must hear it somehow!   I just love your enthusiasm about the car and thanks for sharing.  So now I will have to explore SharkWerks  in great detail....and looking forward to it too!  blush

Great to hear from you again Doug - it's been a long time.  So glad you're still in the GTS club... keep us informed when you get to try SharkWerks...Smiley

--

Great to hear that you're still loving your GTS ! IMO if you plan keep the car longer term then your warranty is going to run out anyways, if you're willing to accept than now rather than 2 years down the line and the change is going to make you enjoy your car more, then by all means do it  kiss Heres to many more happy miles !

@ Leewood - Many thanks...couldn't agree more!  wink

@ Legin - Thanks Nigel... I'll phone you over the weekend to arrange a meet. wink

@ Dreamcar - Have sent you a new PM...wink

@ SciFrog - That's reassuring... many thanks..wink

--

Enmanuel:

Great to hear that you're still loving your GTS ! IMO if you plan keep the car longer term then your warranty is going to run out anyways, if you're willing to accept than now rather than 2 years down the line and the change is going to make you enjoy your car more, then by all means do it  kiss Heres to many more happy miles !

Thanks Enma - I've renewed my warranty until 2018 but won't bother beyond that...Smiley

--

RC:
    Gnil:

And even shorter if you have to pay bills you didn't expect to pay. Smiley Smiley Smiley

Couldn't agree more Gnil - many thanks..Smiley

@ RC - I'm already used to getting bills I didn't expect - It's called having a wife and kids...Smiley Smiley

--

Just a little plug for the guy who upgraded my exhaust.  He has a franchise arrangement with Alex Ross of SharkWerks...

His name is Chris Meredith, Managing Director of ABP Motorsports in Crewe Cheshire.  He also owns a 997 GTS - so I knew my car was in safe hands..

This photo is of his and mine parked outside his business premises yesterday...

Side by side with Chris3.jpg

--

Cool Pic John!   

Now, if you could only upload the sound from your new exhaust.... indecision  

John,

Never mind that last request...frown   unless yours sounds a lot different than the sound I just heard on the Shark Werks website here in Calif?   They even have our 997 GTS featured on a video with sound. kiss  

http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/porsche-modification-and-tuning-guide/469-997-2-carrera-s-4-4s-gts-2009-2012-a.html

Hi Doug,

I've been listening to that clip on YouTube for over a year - then I listened to Chris's GTS in real-life - now I have it on mine and, to be honest, it's much more impressive than a video can ever reproduce... unless you have really top-end speakers on your PC and, even then, you won't get the actual driving experience through the gears and through the revs range..

Believe me, the only way you can totally appreciate the improvement is to have the centre by-pass fitted and then drive it.

Lucky you to be situated where SharkWerks is based.  Alex (Sharky) Ross is a great guy to communicate with - if I were you I'd drop by, talk to him and take it from there... All the very best buddy...wink

--

Thanks again John,  I appreciate the added info and insight....and yes, SharkWerks is only a 90 min drive from my home ...a perfect little road trip for the GTS one day!  blush    ...and I will be sure to tell Sharky that you sent me!  kiss

Have a great weekend bud!  wink

You're welcome Doug - one further point I meant to make earlier... You also have the added benefit of owning a Cabriolet which will give you even more pleasure from the improved sound..kiss

I think this also has a bearing on Christian (RC)'s opinions, as he has always chosen GTS Cabs. This gives a clear advantage when evaluating comparisons and may explain why he was satisfied with the stock exhaust together with the Carnewal device..yes

--

Good move John, flat sixes should sing! wink

--

2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2013 MINI John Cooper Works GP / 2014 BMW Alpina D3 biturbo Touring

@John  -  You also have the added benefit of owning a Cabriolet which will give you even more pleasure from the improved sound.

Yes, the sport exhaust is awesome with the cab top down...but, with top up and windows mostly up, I would love an improved exhaust note, more like you are getting now.   Maybe the Carnewal device is the answer? yes

I will have to do more investigation now...       ....thanks to RC.   kiss

Porker:

Good move John, flat sixes should sing! wink

Spot on Frank - many thanks..kiss

BTW, have you heard from Lasse recently?  I've just noticed on Facebook - it's his birthday today.. No point in posting a thread here though as he's been absent for ages..Smiley

--

John H:

BTW, have you heard from Lasse recently?  I've just noticed on Facebook - it's his birthday today.. No point in posting a thread here though as he's been absent for ages..Smiley

Hi John - yes I saw that, sent him a Happy Birthday message.... Last I spoke to him on FB he was a bit doe on his luck, here's hoping he is ok!! Another long time Rennteamer that seems to have sadly disappeared from here - I miss his humour here! 

--

Porsche Boxster GTS Carrara white / Skoda Octavia Mk.3 daily drive

Aye DC, not the only one!  Also miss Dasein, Dhyek, Kiran, RacerX, ResB, SVNSVN, 69bossnine, Anne, Aviator, Cram, Dilinger, Heist, Moogle, Paralizer, STRADALE, TEE, Temm, U Boat Commander, PureBlue & Crash - to name but a few..surprise

--

Rich  C, wtsnet, Ente, Erpel, even Easy_rider is conspicuous by his absence ... apart from starting the F1 threads.... Smiley I'm sure many others too that I can't recall at this time of the morning! Smiley

--

Porsche Boxster GTS Carrara white / Skoda Octavia Mk.3 daily drive

-

-

-

-

-

It's almost a week now since I had the SharkWerks by-pass fitted...so, just a short update..

I'm still very much enjoying the 'full voice' it gives to my GTS.  It has also changed my 'driving style' somewhat, in that I now spend more time in manual and sport mode.  I find that this gives me the best appreciation of the vastly improved exhaust note, without having to risk very high speeds!  Using the paddles more is becoming quite addictive - almost like having a totally new car.. broken heart

The only downside is my fuel consumption is proportionally higher - but I can willingly live with that, such is the extra pleasure I'm currently enjoying...devil 

--

..and petrol's cheaper now, too blush

--

2015 911 GT3, 2011 987S, 1964 Type 1

DaveGordon:

..and petrol's cheaper now, too blush

Just to make you Euro guys jealous, I just paid $1.24 per gallon for E85 fuel for my Evo (106 Octane, 85% Ethanol).  Comes to $0.32 per Liter...  Gasoline is a bit more, but only around $1.59 per gallon of low octane.

PS - Doesn't include the hidden costs associated with all our wars to secure fuel at this price Smiley
    --

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    759916 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    433952 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259804 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256955 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80634 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5309 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

870834 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    805929 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM