Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 GT3 RS

Can't be 1350, has to be much more.

I mean, if one takes out the ~6-700 cars from 918 owners, that only leaves like 700 cars for others. There were way more people who have an RS than that number indicate. My own dealer will get a total of 20, so I suspect the final production number will be closer to 3-4000

--

One of our crazy 918 owners striped his white RS down to bare metal and respray it to a custom colour:

12417615_1668883516715943_7013021953586828502_n.jpg

10334321_1664844530453175_3471500928257759820_n.jpg

--

blueflame:
    LP997:

Interested link, he said 1350 991 RS worldwide!!!

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=211645513&climatisation=&scopeId=C&adLimitation=&isSearchReque...

Who knows ??? Smiley

I heard yesterday from Stuttgart something- according the source until this week 2.350 991 GT3 RS have been produced...and there are coming many more.

Blueflame

I told you that the GT3 RS is not limited production and that very interested people can still get one if they try hard but nobody seems to believe me. Smiley I kind of have the feeling that some dealers are either not interested in getting this car for customers (apparently they need to order some other low volume cars to be "qualified" to get a RS) or they don't make enough money on this car, I don't have a clue. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    blueflame:
    LP997:

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=211645513&climatisation=&scopeId=C&adLimitation=&isSearchReque...

Who knows ??? Smiley

I heard yesterday from Stuttgart something- according the source until this week 2.350 991 GT3 RS have been produced...and there are coming many more.

Blueflame

I told you that the GT3 RS is not limited production and that very interested people can still get one if they try hard but nobody seems to believe me. Smiley I kind of have the feeling that some dealers are either not interested in getting this car for customers (apparently they need to order some other low volume cars to be "qualified" to get a RS) or they don't make enough money on this car, I don't have a clue. 

I am not sure you are right. Yes the RS is not limited, it was never planned to be limited. The limitation comes from production/distribution/plant allocations/... 

But getting new one? If even a GT owner  who tried hard to get one in late 2015 got a letter with apologize that he CAN  NOT get one!  All GT3 RS pre-order also have got such a letter from my dealer. I suppose, that it is finished, maybe some cars will be free, in case someone cancel his order in 2016.

--

AM

ALDO:
    RC:
    blueflame:
    LP997:

Who knows ??? Smiley

Blueflame

I am not sure you are right. Yes the RS is not limited, it was never planned to be limited. The limitation comes from production/distribution/plant allocations/... 

But getting new one? If even a GT owner  who tried hard to get one in late 2015 got a letter with apologize that he CAN  NOT get one!  All GT3 RS pre-order also have got such a letter from my dealer. I suppose, that it is finished, maybe some cars will be free, in case someone cancel his order in 2016.

I agree with RC - I got a new RS slot this week after waiting for 4 years and trying very hard. 

Porsche AG sells the cars to Porsche Deutschland, Porsche UK? ....

Maybe that Porsche Deutschland who sells the cars to the dealers/customers has no more cars. I am not sure for UK. But here in Germany customers got the sad answer from their dealers. Few month ago I have heard that my dealer (large one) got an extra allocation, this was 2 month ago. And after that they have informed all waiting customer, that they will not get their car for sure. So ????? confusing ?????

--

AM

boytronic:
    ALDO:
    RC:
    blueflame:
    LP997:

Who knows ??? Smiley

Blueflame

I agree with RC - I got a new RS slot this week after waiting for 4 years and trying very hard. 

Which dealer was that please? PM me if you would rather do it that way.

ALDO:

Porsche AG sells the cars to Porsche Deutschland, Porsche UK? ....

Maybe that Porsche Deutschland who sells the cars to the dealers/customers has no more cars. I am not sure for UK. But here in Germany customers got the sad answer from their dealers. Few month ago I have heard that my dealer (large one) got an extra allocation, this was 2 month ago. And after that they have informed all waiting customer, that they will not get their car for sure. So ????? confusing ?????

It depends on the customer (old/new, persistence, etc.), the dealership (and how much it is interested in getting a customer a car, I told you...they can get an allocation if they order other low volume models Porsche wants to sell) and of course how many cars are still available and when. 

Getting a RS now within the next two months, is difficult, actually impossible. Getting one in summer should be doable if you play your cards right. Porsche doesn't want to sell cars to speculators or customers they know won't keep the car. Dealers apparently don't have too much interest in selling RS because of various reasons (profit, hassle, allocation game, etc.).

Whoever wants a RS (for himself) shouldn't give up. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

In France imposible to get a new allocation... If built 2000 or 3000 many people get this car? no? i know guys in different country who want the car and impossible to get one... If built 2000 or more many people get the car. In more one year production get more than 2000 cars heuuu!!! congrats to Porsche.... ;) 

--

997 GT3 RS 3.6 - 964 RS - 991 GT3 RS

LP997:

In France imposible to get a new allocation... If built 2000 or 3000 many people get this car? no? i know guys in different country who want the car and impossible to get one... If built 2000 or more many people get the car. In more one year production get more than 2000 cars heuuu!!! congrats to Porsche.... ;) 

Nothing is impossible... Smiley Unless of course people want a second car or want to sell it. Porsche isn't stupid.

--

RC:

Getting a RS now within the next two months, is difficult, actually impossible. Getting one in summer should be doable if you play your cards right. Porsche doesn't want to sell cars to speculators or customers they know won't keep the car. Dealers apparently don't have too much interest in selling RS because of various reasons (profit, hassle, allocation game, etc.).

Porsche doesn´t earn much money with the RS. Few month ago they have had all produced car failed the quality check. They had to rent extra space to store this cars. As I have heard to much different parts and from different models  with bad supplier quality. 

The dealer should be happy, nearly all GT3 RS where sold without discount. Full profit for the dealer.

--

AM

ALDO:
    RC:

Porsche doesn´t earn much money with the RS. Few month ago they have had all produced car failed the quality check. They had to rent extra space to store this cars. As I have heard to much different parts and from different models  with bad supplier quality. 

The dealer should be happy, nearly all GT3 RS where sold without discount. Full profit for the dealer.

Unfortunately the GT3 RS profit is substantially lower than the Carrera profit for example. Smiley Also, to get a RS, most dealers had to "order" cars they actually haven't sold yet, a pretty risky game, especially since these cars are not bestsellers. Overall, the RS is not a love child of dealers and this is why many customers won't get one if they only try to sweet talk their dealer. Smiley

--

Just to add that unfortunately a lot of "good and trustworthy" Porsche costumers become 991 GT3 RS speculators. Car is a hot item amoung "grey" dealers in EU.

According to my source Porsche AG is far from happy with the situation. 

KresoF1:

Just to add that unfortunately a lot of "good and trustworthy" Porsche costumers become 991 GT3 RS speculators. Car is a hot item amoung "grey" dealers in EU.

Fully agree . Originally non speculators ( good and trustworthy customers ) have become speculators as they could not resist the huge premium they get by reselling their car . 

It is a bit sad, but I understand the ones who bought the cars on a ' tight' budget if they can actually make money with the car instead of loosing money.

The allocations from the start should be more controlled, but that is impossible to do correctly .

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Gnil:
    KresoF1:

Fully agree . Originally non speculators ( good and trustworthy customers ) have become speculators as they could not resist the huge premium they get by reselling their car . 

It is a bit sad, but I understand the ones who bought the cars on a ' tight' budget if they can actually make money with the car instead of loosing money.

The allocations from the start should be more controlled, but that is impossible to do correctly .

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

True but due to the unlimited production, speculators could end up having a bad surprise. Even worse if Porsche decides to offer a 991.2 GT3 RS with n/a engine. 

--

KresoF1:

Well, those are "crocodile's tears" as we say in Dutch (meaning they are hypocritic), as Porsche AG created this situation themselves! If the profit margin on an RS is lower than that on a base carrera AND the dealers have to sell multiple unwanted cars in order to "earn" the right to sell an RS... then you can expect dealers to try and twist customer's arms over an RS... I guess it's all a game of incentives, and it seems like Porsche AG created a set of incentives which results in a situation they are not happy with... so change the incentives.

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Whoopsy:

One of our crazy 918 owners striped his white RS down to bare metal and respray it to a custom colour:

So he repainted it white?

Smiley

Wait, so Porsche wouldn't do custom paint on GT3s? That's pretty lame.

Joost:
    KresoF1:

Well, those are "crocodile's tears" as we say in Dutch (meaning they are hypocritic), as Porsche AG created this situation themselves! If the profit margin on an RS is lower than that on a base carrera AND the dealers have to sell multiple unwanted cars in order to "earn" the right to sell an RS... then you can expect dealers to try and twist customer's arms over an RS... I guess it's all a game of incentives, and it seems like Porsche AG created a set of incentives which results in a situation they are not happy with... so change the incentives.

Not that simple but in principle, you have a point. Smiley

--

Popped into my local OPC yesterday and they had four 991 GT3RS forsale all next to each other - one in each of the four colours! angel

I've uploaded the video I took! kiss

https://youtu.be/WNGj_CS6gEw

Here in the UK, used GT3RS are changing hands at around £270k-£300k each! Smiley

--

Aston Martin V12 Vantage, Morning Frost White, Buckets, Manual

Cayman GT4, Racing Yellow, PCCB, 918 Style Full Buckets

Adam2S:

Popped into my local OPC yesterday and they had four 991 GT3RS forsale all next to each other - one in each of the four colours! angel

Here in the UK, used GT3RS are changing hands at around £270k-£300k each! Smiley

--

New GT3 RS at MSRP? Smiley

--

Adam2S:

Wow...

How much to the OPC charge for the RS in this case - is it £270k-£300k?

noone1:

Wait, so Porsche wouldn't do custom paint on GT3s? That's pretty lame.

The RS comes in four colors as standard.

Then you can try to order a car with PTS (Paint To Sample) -  there is a list of approved colors for the RS except for the four base colors.

Lame? I guess so.

Kobalt:
    Adam2S:

Wow...

How much to the OPC charge for the RS in this case - is it £270k-£300k?

The OPC cannot charge that much for new cars without getting in trouble with Porsche, he can however charge that much for used cars, as weird as this may sound. Smiley So basically, an OPC has only to register the car to their business (not sure though if Porsche accepts that) or to a customer (probably the safer way for the OPC) and voila... Smiley

--

Adam2S:

--

Dealer or customer car? Price tag?

--

AM

All 4 cars are "used" so they will have had at least one previous owner registered at DVLA (UK registration authority), so that's how the OPC can sell them above list.  The three that were up for sale were labelled as POA, but I believe their prices was in keeping with the £270k-£300k band!

My contact at the OPC told me that their used car buyer was actively buying as many GT3RS as he could in the UK at the moment and a couple of weeks ago they had 7 in stock, but they have since sold 4 (the lava car was already sold too).  So I don't think they were their own cars, just ones bought in from various sources.  The idea is to corner the UK market and thus control the prices!  Risky but cleaver strategy if it works - which it seems to be.

--

Adam2S:

All 4 cars are "used" so they will have had at least one previous owner registered at DVLA (UK registration authority), so that's how the OPC can sell them above list.  The three that were up for sale were labelled as POA, but I believe their prices was in keeping with the £270k-£300k band!

My contact at the OPC told me that their used car buyer was actively buying as many GT3RS as he could in the UK at the moment and a couple of weeks ago they had 7 in stock, but they have since sold 4 (the lava car was already sold too).  So I don't think they were their own cars, just ones bought in from various sources.  The idea is to corner the UK market and thus control the prices!  Risky but cleaver strategy if it works - which it seems to be.

Interesting strategy indeed but probably only possible because the number of right-hand steering RS is very limited.

Still risky in my opinion because you never know when and if the 991.2 GT3 RS comes and if this car is n/a as well and improved, well... Smiley They better try to sell these cars fast, better to take some profit than to wait and hope for a rise in prices.

--

Kobalt:

Whoopsy:

Smiley

The other way around, he painted the car metallic orange from white.

--

Whoopsy:
    Kobalt:

Whoopsy:

Smiley

The other way around, he painted the car metallic orange from white.

Your friend knows that a high quality wrap would have done the same job, without the cost of a complete repaint and without (some) loss in resale value because they original color is lost? Just saying... Smiley There are metallic wraps now which look pretty impressive.

--

RC:

Your friend knows that a high quality wrap would have done the same job, without the cost of a complete repaint and without (some) loss in resale value because they original color is lost? Just saying... Smiley There are metallic wraps now which look pretty impressive.

Well said.  Even if (but I don't) I have too much money to burn, I will never re-spray any of my cars like this. 

BTW, I predict the next gen RS will still be NA and of course faster and handling better.  If not NA, then Porsche might as well just stop making GT3 or RS totally, as one can just get a turbo and convert it to 2WD.  Suspension can be tuned better than the stock setup easily.  My friend that couldn't get this one has already transfer his deposit to the next gen waitlist.

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764402 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436546 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261055 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257980 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82653 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5329 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876914 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808979 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM