Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Road trip in the FF

JimFlat6:

Replace the Scuderia shields with BMW roundels and no one would know. I'm not knocking it, it's the most useful ferrari ever made that doesn't start parades in small towns. Porsche should have made a similar model from the panamera.

@JimFlat6 - I take your point on some of the styling elements but have you ever heard an FF start up? Trust me there is no mistaking it for a BMW then.

Nick, what's the weather like in the area the track is being built? The track looks phenomenal.kiss

--

Of little, to make much: That is the dream of a human life.

crayphile:
    JimFlat6:

Replace the Scuderia shields with BMW roundels and no one would know. I'm not knocking it, it's the most useful ferrari ever made that doesn't start parades in small towns. Porsche should have made a similar model from the panamera.

@JimFlat6 - I take your point on some of the styling elements but have you ever heard an FF start up? Trust me there is no mistaking it for a BMW then.

Yes and it sounds glorious, .It's a terrific car, but it probably looks bigger and more imposing in the UK and Europe. For a exotic it has a very low ostentatious factor and is actually practical. As for its engine noise making it have a high score for a mythic look at me factor, my neighbors 71 Oldsmobile 442 with a .40 over bore big block v8 ( (9 liters with two small mufflers and a race cam) easily drowns out all recent exotics by a multiple factor of thunder you would have to hear and feel to believe. indecision  So call me jaded when it comes to engine noise.

Joost:
    Whoopsy:
    Joost:

Hey, is that the inkameep wine resort?

Sort of.

They are actually called NK'Mip band haha. Their resort is named Spirit Ridge. 

Cool, I thought I recognized it:
    DSC_6193aa_1680.jpgDSC_6194a_1680.jpg

Beautiful Rammed Earth construction, we went to examine this place in architecture school. I always love a cruise into our stunning interior.

--

1991 BMW 535i Granitsilber/White Leather

Ex: '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

It looks like a very modern track. Lots of narrow corners, plenty of space to survive when flying off. Think you guys will have a lot of fun there. 

Lars997:

It looks like a very modern track. Lots of narrow corners, plenty of space to survive when flying off. Think you guys will have a lot of fun there. 

Smiley Not a very challenging track though but this isn't supposed to be spectacular, this is supposed to be fun and people will have a blast on it. Very nice, I wish we had something like this near my home (next one is Salzburgring Smiley).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

5yrs drive to the North? that would be too harsh in the winter...

Seems that the youngsters over at the kart track will have the exact same layout, just in karting format...Nice !!!

tso:

Seems that the youngsters over at the kart track will have the exact same layout, just in karting format...Nice !!!

Great fun for the whole family... Smiley Add a good restaurant, maybe a pool (for summers) and it is perfect. I hope there is a nice mall near by for the wives. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    tso:

Great fun for the whole family... Smiley Add a good restaurant, maybe a pool (for summers) and it is perfect. I hope there is a nice mall near by for the wives. Smiley Smiley

As the webpage shows they build nice weekend houses next to it. Real mean caves... Garage space for 4 cars - this seems to be hell of fun. I don't think there is a shopping mall close by but they should consider adding a spa Smiley

SPA? Nah...shopping mall, trust me. Best thing ever (for the guys, so the wives don't bother them or tell them how much money they spend on their cars and the track... indecision).

Whenever I want to book a driving event with Porsche or the local Porsche club, first thing my wife asks: Is there a larger city or a shopping mall near by?  

--

nberry:

Nick, what's the weather like in the area the track is being built? The track looks phenomenal.kiss

This is the general temperature for a year:

daily_high_and_low_temperature_temperature_c.png

Weather-wise, the area is considered a desert, not much rain year round. 

--

Lars997:

Yes, and we are considering adding the grip paint to the run offs, like Paul Ricard to make it even safer.

--

RC:
    tso:

The Indian band that we partnered with also owns the above mentioned Spirit Ridge Resort, which is about 15mins drive away. The resort has a pool and hot tub, and a spa.

Not much shopping around that area, but there are numerous wineries scatter all around. 

--

Lars997:

The 2D pictures doesn't quite capture the elevation changes, if you go to the website and watch the simulator lap by Scott, then you can visualize the track better.

--

Whoopsy:
    RC:
    tso:

The Indian band that we partnered with also owns the above mentioned Spirit Ridge Resort, which is about 15mins drive away. The resort has a pool and hot tub, and a spa.

Not much shopping around that area, but there are numerous wineries scatter all around

Wouldn't make my wife happy but I guess some frustrated wives could be happy with that. Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

RC:
    Whoopsy:
    RC:
    tso:

Not much shopping around that area, but there are numerous wineries scatter all around

Wouldn't make my wife happy but I guess some frustrated wives could be happy with that. Smiley Smiley Smiley

Not everyone can have a sophisticated enough palate to enjoy good wine.cool

The bigger question is if BC wineries create good wine!Smiley

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Mission Hill Winery is probably the most famous from BC. 

--

You probably posted this before but is this track private with membership required? If so, what are the terms? Is it an equity membership? If not, how does one get to use the track?

--

The basics is that it's a private member track, operating like a golf country club or something. Right now membership is at 120 and max we will do is 200. Early joiners paid 30k a pop, later entries are 35k then 40k. Can be re-sell after 5 years. Yearly dues is round 3k, to paid for track maintenance and safety and stuff.

Track is pretty much opened year round for members, some dates might get booked up by corporate members hosting functions. Right now we don't plan on doing public track days.  But we might do exceptions to manufacturers who are not members but would like to host something. Hosting races is also on the schedule. 

Members can bring a guest for visit, but guests do pay a small amount of 'resort' fee. 

--

You can see it all here   www.area27.ca  

Whoopsy:

The basics is that it's a private member track, operating like a golf country club or something. Right now membership is at 120 and max we will do is 200. Early joiners paid 30k a pop, later entries are 35k then 40k. Can be re-sell after 5 years. Yearly dues is round 3k, to paid for track maintenance and safety and stuff.

Track is pretty much opened year round for members, some dates might get booked up by corporate members hosting functions. Right now we don't plan on doing public track days.  But we might do exceptions to manufacturers who are not members but would like to host something. Hosting races is also on the schedule. 

Members can bring a guest for visit, but guests do pay a small amount of 'resort' fee. 

Great idea. It fulfills a dire need for sport car enthusiasts.kiss Now all you need is an insurance company to insure the cars while they are being tracked.Smiley

--

Well, quite few of us already planned a 10k challenge race. 10k max on a car and mods, race, bang, crash whatever. 

--

Whoopsy:

I like this. Smiley 

--

Whoopsy:
    Lars997:

The 2D pictures doesn't quite capture the elevation changes, if you go to the website and watch the simulator lap by Scott, then you can visualize the track better.

I did watch it - love it. This is a great playground! 

Whoopsy:

Excellent set-up. Smiley

1453765730314image.jpeg

Right most picture is the restyled front end, with the lower air intake restyled and a narrower grill and a new style headlamp.

2nd right is the rear tail lights, the highly sculptured creases are still there.

3rd from right is just a close up of the front grill

Left most is the most interesting, if the internet rumours are to be believed that that next FF has quad tail lights, that pic would be the inboard light. But I think Ferrari is keeping the dual tail lights, so that would be the inboard side of the tail lamp, the other pic is the outboard side.

Rumours has it that the rear roof line has been lowered a bit, a la next Panamera. 

--

I like the grills, I just hope the front with the headlights doesn't look like a bad Japanese Manga cartoon figure.

Four rear lights would be cool.

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    806571 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449518 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    267048 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90449 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    7209 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

887322 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    836160 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM