Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Bugatti Chiron

Each to his own. I saw this car in Geneva, went all around it with the designers and engineers at a private showing, and would rank it as the most beautiful car I have ever seen. It is simply, In my opinion, a car far beyond any other car now in production. Hi art,  power, finish and beauty. I certainly cannot afford it, but I sure can be dazzled by it.

Wonderbar:

Each to his own. I saw this car in Geneva, went all around it with the designers and engineers at a private showing, and would rank it as the most beautiful car I have ever seen. It is simply, In my opinion, a car far beyond any other car now in production. Hi art,  power, finish and beauty. I certainly cannot afford it, but I sure can be dazzled by it.

..and that is what the essence of Bugatti should be kiss

--

2015 911 GT3, 2011 987S, 1964 Type 1

I somehow agree - I wouldn't pick this as my first ultimate dream sports car.

Is it me or are those 4 lights in the front looking a bit like out of the 90s? The design of the car is so sleek, but those 4 lights are kind of a toy car look.

Watch Bugatti’s CEO drive the Chiron on the Nürburgring http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1104261_watch-bugattis-ceo-drive-the-chiron-on-the-nrburgring

koko:

Watch Bugatti’s CEO drive the Chiron on the Nürburgring http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1104261_watch-bugattis-ceo-drive-the-chiron-on-the-nrburgring

I don't know why that (press?) co-passenger looked that frightened (or desperate) because Dürheimer was driving pretty slow. Smiley Impressive car though but I'm not so sure I like that "separation" thingie in the interior, it is way too close to the head.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

VW door handles?

RC:
    koko:

I don't know why that (press?) co-passenger looked that frightened (or desperate) because Dürheimer was driving pretty slow. Smiley Impressive car though but I'm not so sure I like that "separation" thingie in the interior, it is way too close to the head.

Car is mindblowing, but for the cost of this one I would rather have 3 exotics, 1 sports Cab and some high powered SUV all together Smiley I also don´t get the interior separation. Finaly, for a 2.4M eur car a gap like this is not acceptable Smiley

--

J.Seven

J.Seven:
    RC:
    koko:

Car is mindblowing, but for the cost of this one I would rather have 3 exotics, 1 sports Cab and some high powered SUV all together Smiley I also don´t get the interior separation. Finaly, for a 2.4M eur car a gap like this is not acceptable Smiley

--

J.Seven

Well, Winterkorn can't complain anymore. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

RC:
    koko:

Absolutely my thoughts when I first saw pics of the interior. Smiley

A useless design gimmick which only bears disadvantages for the passengers. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

But are these pics of the final costumer cars? or the blue and black cars they've been showing around? 

r/datgap/

They did not let him turn a wheel. Lol. 

Saabkyle04 is a well know Youtuber. His reviews may not be filled with (driving) action but he has a certain talent to describe the cars pretty well, which makes it quite enjoyable to watch, even if it may be a bit boring from time to time. I am pretty sure that someone interested in the Chiron will greatly appreciate his work and even people who may just want to take a closer peek at the car.

Not many car journalists or even interested buyers will be able to actually drive the Chiron, so I am actually happy for Saabkyle04 that he got to review the car the way he did. Was pretty interesting anyway. blush

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

I agree. He is covering specific type of reviews where you want to know every bit of car in detail. For driving reviews Chris Harris is unbeatable. 

--

My new blog with automotive & motorcycle renders: tessoart.blogspot.com

Milanno:

I agree. He is covering specific type of reviews where you want to know every bit of car in detail. For driving reviews Chris Harris is unbeatable. 

Chris Harris is amazing but I wish he would do less drifting and more analyzing. Unfortunately, I think that this is what the viewers want to see...drifting...not analyzing. Smiley Car reviews have become entertainment and while I get the idea behind it, the three part piece on the Audi R8 (latest Top Gear UK) was quite nice and entertaining, I actually enjoy more detailed reviews.

Have you noticed that lately, there isn't actually one review to find flaws with the cars, all of the reviews seem to praise the tested cars in all possible glory. This cannot be right.

On the other hand, maybe some viewers should learn to read between the lines: That F12 tdf Chris Harris tested is a beast and while he praised the animalistic nature of the car, I could read between the lines. If the car goes sideways with 1/3 throttle only...well...not everyone wants to go sideways on public roads. Smiley He had fun in the car but he avoided to actually tell people that this car is basically undrivable on public roads and even on the track, it would be a serious challenge. Smiley Not that many F12 tdf will actually see a track...or a public road. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Or simply the top segment of the cars we like is just really good and there are no bad Apples anymore...

RC:
    On the other hand, maybe some viewers should learn to read between the lines: That F12 tdf Chris Harris tested is a beast and while he praised the animalistic nature of the car, I could read between the lines. If the car goes sideways with 1/3 throttle only...well...not everyone wants to go sideways on public roads. Smiley He had fun in the car but he avoided to actually tell people that this car is basically undrivable on public roads and even on the track, it would be a serious challenge. Smiley Not that many F12 tdf will actually see a track...or a public road. Smiley

I am following CH reviews for long time, and like you noticed, you must read between lines to notice negative impressions about particular car. He is much more direct on his blogs on PistonHeads, and from time to time he gets banned from car manufacturers when he crosses red line Smiley For example, Ferrari banned him for some time since he wrote on his blog that factory is equipping test cars with special tyres compared to ones that customers get on regular cars Smiley

--

SciFrog:

Or simply the top segment of the cars we like is just really good and there are no bad Apples anymore...

Smiley Sounds reasonable but I can find a sour or rotten part in every apple. Smiley

Take my R8 V10 Plus:

1. This car has such a nice carbon diffusor, why the need for that carbon rear wing or couldn't they find a more elegant solution?

2. Why are the brake calipers grey in the front and somehow gold colored in the rear?

3. The V10 engine looks amazing through that glass cover but why not paint the rocker cover in red for example? Would look even better. That silver color looks...boring. Lamborghini paints it in black, Audi could use red or maybe a dark grey to be less flashy?

4. Why doesn't the virtual cockpit use a different style face than other Audi models for example? The R8 is no family sedan.

5. The gear lever looks massive, like an automatic gear lever. Why not a sportier design? Or no gear lever at all and buttons instead?

6. Why aren't the steering wheel shifting paddles fixed (like on the Huracan)?

7. The 991.2 Turbo S uses a next generation Pirelli PZero tire (N1 instead of N0...991.1 Turbo S). This tire is amazing, why not the same next generation tire for the Audi R8? Audi R02? The only alternative would be the Sport Cup 2.

I could continue... Smiley

--

All the above are details really...

RC:

3. The V10 engine looks amazing through that glass cover but why not paint the rocker cover in red for example? Would look even better. That silver color looks...boring. Lamborghini paints it in black, Audi could use red or maybe a dark grey to be less flashy?

Partly, I agree with you, but with red color it reminds me too much on Ferrari. Take a look on my quick Photoshop render Smiley

--

Wow, that SaabKyle is getting a lot of exclusives. He recently reviewed the Dawn and Huracan spider before there were in production. 

Good for him.

I enjoyed that review very much. It gives a level of detail that really let you "know" the car rather than just seeing it drift around. Very well done and it was great seeing the ins and outs of the car.

Milanno:
    RC:

I am following CH reviews for long time, and like you noticed, you must read between lines to notice negative impressions about particular car. He is much more direct on his blogs on PistonHeads, and from time to time he gets banned from car manufacturers when he crosses red line Smiley For example, Ferrari banned him for some time since he wrote on his blog that factory is equipping test cars with special tyres compared to ones that customers get on regular cars Smiley

In 2014 he was  banned from Lamborghini Smiley

Topspeed:

In 2014 he was  banned from Lamborghini Smiley

Crazy (& brave) guy indeed Smiley And yeah, there was rumor Jeremy Clarkson borrowed his 458 for crazy drifting video while CH was banned from Ferrari Smiley 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIKu7l7XT3s

Since Ferrari gained quite bad reputation among community because of CH treatment, later they gave him F12 with bunch of spare tyres Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjp1xjOzJqY

--

Milanno:
    RC:

Partly, I agree with you, but with red color it reminds me too much on Ferrari. Take a look on my quick Photoshop render Smiley

True but would that be really a problem? Smiley
    Could you also do dark grey? (something between the color of the carbon and that black plastic in the photo?).

Thanks. Smiley Smiley

--

RC:
    Milanno:
    RC:

Could you also do dark grey? (something between the color of the carbon and that black plastic in the photo?).

Thanks. Smiley Smiley

Remember that R8 commercial that came out for the first generation where a red R8 drove through the streets of italy and everyone was was outraged, parents covering their kids eyes? hahaha that was a good one. 

Edit: Found it

RC:

Thanks. Smiley Smiley

No problem at all. Here is grey version Smiley Later, I will upload one more render with red version...

--

Thank you so much. kiss devil

Not a bad color but barely visible, so probably not a good choice.

Red is, like you said, too Ferrari-like.

Maybe some sort of pastel blueish color? 

I think Audi misses an opportunity here...

--

Enmanuel:
    Remember that R8 commercial that came out for the first generation where a red R8 drove through the streets of italy and everyone was was outraged, parents covering their kids eyes? hahaha that was a good one. 

Edit: Found it

Genius commercial, indeed. Smiley Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690298 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409625 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255913 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235160 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65630 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858323 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774555 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM