Crown

Board: Porsche - Macan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

New Macan exterior and interior packages (Exclusive)

Porsche is significantly upgrading the Macan. To coincide with the world premiere of the Macan GTS at the Tokyo Motor Show 2015, the new model year of the compact SUV is also receiving enhanced infotainment and comfort features. The new Porsche Communication Management (PCM) now comes in the Macan as well. Just a short while ago, the system celebrated its debut in the 911. Highlights are real-time route navigation, simplified operation and an integrated Wi-Fi hotspot. Porsche is also offering new full-LED headlights as an option for all models of the sporty SUV. Greater comfort and functionality are augmented by a bonus in sportiness. A re-engineered steering controller provides a more direct handling experience and improved contact with the road. Extended exterior and interior packages are available as options exclusively for the Macan Turbo. Now customers can introduce even more individual styling to their vehicle.

The new PCM generation: easier operation and improved connectivity
    The centrepiece of the infotainment system that comes as standard in all Macan models is the new, high-resolution seven-inch touchscreen. The redesigned user interface employs intuitive operation, similar to that of a smartphone. If the proximity sensor detects a command input, all relevant menu contents are displayed. Menu items then are selected by means of multi-touch gestures. Various Bluetooth, USB and SD interfaces allow integration of smartphones and storage media with the PCM. 
    A new feature in the infotainment range of the compact SUV series is that customers can choose from three different options, as needed, in order to connect the Macan with the outside world in the way they want. To this end, the Connect module contains an integrated smartphone compartment in the central armrest for battery-saving recharging and optimised signal reception. Also new is the option of connecting an iPhone with the PCM in order to use AppleCar Play®, including Siri® voice control. The already familiar Porsche Car Connect is also included with the Connect module. Another available option is the Navigation module. The new navigation system impresses with its high-resolution map display, which, depending on the region, is also available in 3D for the first time. In addition, voice control can be used as a convenient method of launching the navigation. To enable even more extensive connectivity features, Porsche has developed the Connect Plus module. Online traffic information in real time and the display of Google services then supplement the driving dynamics of the Macan in order to reach its intended destination ahead of the competition. Use of the PCM as a Wi-Fi hotspot and even more extensive integration of smartphones thus leave nothing to be desired in terms of connectivity. 

LED headlights in a dynamic design
    For the first time, the Macan includes full-LED headlights in connection with the optional Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus). The new headlights assist the driver with their beam colour similar to daylight and improved range while simultaneously using less energy. 
    Daytime running lights shine in the four-point design typical of Porsche. Moreover, the dynamic light design is underlined by the interplay between the dark inserts of the headlights and the four silver-anodised LEDs. Strikingly contoured chrome trim surrounds give the black main projector an especially three-dimensional structure. Instead of the bi-xenon headlights' round projection lens and auxiliary lamps, the LED versions have a centrally arranged projection module for dipped and main beam. Additional lighting modules provide further functional features such as cornering or intersection lights. PDLS Plus encompasses the familiar lighting functions of dynamic cornering and country road light as well as a separate mode for motorway sections and adverse weather conditions. The camera-based dynamic main beam function eases the burden for the driver thanks to automatic adjustment of the lighting range during night driving. Based on the navigation data from the PCM, the intersection light activates an additional lamp unit to deliver the best possible illumination of the area into which the vehicle is turning. 

For that special sporty appearance: the Macan Turbo packages
    Inspired by the GTS models, Porsche is for the first time offering additional exterior and interior packages for the Macan Turbo. A variety of design elements on the body give the powerful SUV an especially sporty touch. 21-inch wheels in 911 Turbo design gleam in their exclusive bi-colour design. Dynamically styled Sport Design door mirrors and wheel hub covers with coloured Porsche crest add further accents. Contrasting elements in high-gloss black decorate the air inlets and side blades, as well as the trim strips on the side windows and the rear underbody panel. Blending harmoniously with the colour scheme of the Sport Design lower rear apron, the sports exhaust system features black tailpipes. Smoked rear lights round off the individual appearance of the top model. In keeping with the tradition of GTS models, Alcantara trim and contrasting stitching indulge sporty drivers with an especially high level of aesthetic and haptic quality. Alcantara is a familiar material from motor racing that covers the centre panels of the seats as well as the armrests of the centre console and door panelling. Decorative stitching in Rhodium Silver or Garnet Red on the instrument panel, seats and door panels provide for additional highlights. Turbo lettering on the headrests in contrasting colours and illuminated carbon door sill plates announce the performance potential of the 400 hp premium SUV even while it is stationary. 

Both packages can be ordered independently of each other but both unite sporty design with exclusivity. Moreover, new exterior paint colours are available for all Macan versions. Decorative stitching in contrasting colours and centre panels of the seats in an alternative colour leave even more scope for individualisation. In addition, the optional Alcantara-trimmed steering wheel supplies extra comfort during the winter period thanks to steering wheel heating and provides excellent grip for a sporty driving style. The new Macan models will be available from Porsche dealers as from early 2016 and can now be ordered in Germany at the following prices, including country-specific equipment:

• Macan S 61,143 euros
    • Macan S Diesel 60,548 euros
    • Macan GTS 73,400 euros
    • Macan Turbo 83,753 euros

mactalc.jpg

alcm.jpg

P15_1014.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Re: New Macan exterior and interior packages (Exclusive)

So we now have a GTS model with a turbo engine and a Turbo model with a GTS interior. All perfectly straightforward marketing then smiley

ISUK:

So we now have a GTS model with a turbo engine and a Turbo model with a GTS interior. All perfectly straightforward marketing then smiley

Smiley   Porsche is going to need to rename some models. 

And yet no turbo that handles like a GTS...

SciFrog:

Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

SciFrog:

That is likely being held back for the 2017 model year - Macan turbo "GTS handling package" Smiley

Why doesn't Porsche marketing just admit it has now reached the confusing levels of Audi with it's model range complexity and offer the GTS with two engine options instead - 3.0 with 360 HP and 3.6 with 400 HP.

They should then offer an interior upgrade package for the turbo model that is not available on any other model in the range and also a couple of unique turbo only wheel options.

I don't see any quality improvement tot the leather and finish inside, which affected Sun's MT.   Isuk is right.  The car handles so much better than Cayenne, they've really damaged the lineup.  CT feels a pig after driving MT for a while, its only advantage is interior space.  In fact, the lineup was hurt enough to cost Porsche a unit of sales:  Sun ordered a FF RR to solve his off road 4wd and all around metal road needs instead of a CT.

The MT handling is super and with bigger brakes and more power it could be a top of line turbo [s] if interior quality was brought to 991 levels.  It's like a 991 with  gravel capability, as I've said prior: a Subaru for a higher price point,  no real off road capability at all.

Macan and Cayenne are two very separate packages, but both are almost 90% for street use. The Macan may "handle" better (depending on how you define 'handle"), but has limited interior and cargo space.   And that limited interior/cargo space is a serious detriment for drivers who want to have a spacious cabin as well as greater cargo space.  

Fully agree, without kids I would drive the Macan. But with two small kids (and an au pair) it's just too small. So for sure, some Cayenne drivers moved to the Macan, but the Macan also attracted a new buyers group that would not consider the Cayenne because of size and price.

I drove the Macan Turbo and liked the handling and the PDK, but I missed that roomy SUV feeling when cruising (=99% of the time).

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

agree than Macan and Cayenne serve different purposes.

that's why you need both in your garage.

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe #13;  2011 Panamera 4;  2015 Macan S

Targa Tim:

Definitely not. Smiley No need for a Macan when you have a Cayenne. Seriously.

--

RC:
    Targa Tim:

I agree - even I would not not double up in that way!

Both don't really make sense. I would rather have a Macan plus a GL or Tesla X if you go two cars. Cayenne if you only get one car. It is so hard to find a decent 7 seater that is not a GL... We hate the design, the colors and the price... And yet might end up with one. Sad. We drove a new Tahoe, it felt 15 years behind the Mercedes in every aspect. Even the screen interface was worse than the GL one which is already not very good and not efficient... The Escalade is the real competitor but since they have the same chassis I doubt it is that much better. I am really curious about the X driving dynamics, still since our parking garage doesn't have a quick charge outlet it might not work anyway, recharging only at the weekend home seems rather inconvenient...

SciFrog:

Both don't really make sense. I would rather have a Macan plus a GL or Tesla X if you go two cars. Cayenne if you only get one car. It is so hard to find a decent 7 seater that is not a GL... We hate the design, the colors and the price... And yet might end up with one. Sad. We drove a new Tahoe, it felt 15 years behind the Mercedes in every aspect. Even the screen interface was worse than the GL one which is already not very good and not efficient... The Escalade is the real competitor but since they have the same chassis I doubt it is that much better. I am really curious about the X driving dynamics, still since our parking garage doesn't have a quick charge outlet it might not work anyway, recharging only at the weekend home seems rather inconvenient...

I'm choking as I write this ,  but have you considered the XC90 from Volvo I think it has a 7 seat option.

new XC90 design is the best for SUVs to my eyes

Volvo have a bad reputation around here and are totally soccer mom very uncool cars. Plus the room in the back is more like the Q7 or X5, not a true 7 seater right?

Correct.

--

991 Carrera Black\Black, XC90 Black\Black, 120 Cab Black\Coral Red - 2 kids, 1 dog

SciFrog:

Volvo have a bad reputation around here and are totally soccer mom very uncool cars. Plus the room in the back is more like the Q7 or X5, not a true 7 seater right?

I'm sure your right, forgive me for sullying this thread with the V word SmileySmiley

It's interesting to see the image Volvo has in different countries. In the Netherlands only one "luxury" brand is accepted and that is Volvo. Every other luxury brand is for professional soccer players, criminals or nouveau riche. indecision

--

Volvo in the UK are the "thinking man's" luxury car .. once also occupied by Saab.

Coming from Volvo-land I got a big smile on my face reading the different opinions and brand perceptions. They are spot on. kisswink

But back on topic. Anyone with a MY17 Macan on order?

crayphile:
    RC:
    Targa Tim:

I agree - even I would not not double up in that way!

but I need to give my wife and daughter something to drive...Smiley

on the other hand, can one have three or more 911 variants in his garage?

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe #13;  2011 Panamera 4;  2015 Macan S

Tahoe and Escalade are GM products, based on GM's truck platform.  Tahoe is a Chevy truck with embellishments, and Escalade is a Tahoe with embellishments.

Targa Tim:

but I need to give my wife and daughter something to drive...Smiley

on the other hand, can one have three or more 911 variants in his garage?

Quite easily ! Coupe, Targa, Cabriolet

In New Zealand, Sun can see the future consisting of a Macan turbo [S]  and a big RR, and no GT4 or GT3 or RS, as so few roads are paved.  Of course a CT would work but more completely overlaps the RR on road...  If he keeps bending and breaking wheels on the wretched highways of California, he may ditch the 991 here and go MT as well!!!

Bending and breaking wheels, unfortunately, is not limited to 991s.  On my previous CTTS, I bent or seriously scratched my wheels (mostly front) several times over my five years of ownership.  Potholes were the culprits.  And already on my new CT, i have--less than a year into ownership-- damaged and replaced two front tires from potholes or nails.  The Porsche tire and rim insurance has taken care of both at no cost.  This rather inexpensive option is an absolute must, unless one is prepared to fork out thousands of dollars for replacement tires and wheels….

I had the same issue way too many times with my two previous Cayennes with 20 and 21" summer tires. Zero issues so far with the Macan and all seasons tires on 20", and no more tires swapping needed.

This is of course depending on where you live. Last month I was in NYC and rented a Mustang and drove to the Hamptons. The roads in this area are a joke, I would not want to drive with 21" wheels there. 

Other than a few cosmetic scratches I had no problems with my 21" wheels on my Cayenne. Bu next time I would get 20" also for my summer wheels, because the 21" are very delicate with parking. 

--

My Q ? : Does an air suspension provide for a smoother ride or is it merely a matter of levelling out the car ??

boubou:

My Q ? : Does an air suspension provide for a smoother ride or is it merely a matter of levelling out the car ??

I have air suspensions on my Macan Turbo and the ride quality they provide is really high, much better than on the standard suspension or PASM only equipped Macans. In addition the chassis is by default lowered by 10mm and in sport plus mode the air suspension lowers the chassis by a further 10 mm which (imho) improves steering response and turn in.  The leveling feature is a feature but not the main selling point .

I strongly advise you to test drive one without and one with PASM + Air Suspension . Sensations are subjective  but I would always chose  the air suspensions.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689891 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409410 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255819 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235060 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65577 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4650 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858159 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774259 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM