Crown

Board: Porsche - Macan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

OFFICIAL: Porsche Macan GTS - A Little More Power, A Little More Style

Like all Porsche models that bear these three letters, the new GTS version of the Macan is inspired by motor racing. A reengineered chassis, 20 hp more power than the Macan S and reinforced brakes supply the wherewithal. In terms of power and torque, its 360 hp (265 kW) and 500 Nm place the Macan GTS1) between the Macan S2) and the Macan Turbo3). The technical basis for this comprises the three-litre V6 bi-turbo engine of the Macan S accompanied by the Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) and Porsche Traction Management (PTM) with flexible power distribution between front and rear axles. Thus, the Macan GTS completes the sprint from zero to 100 km/h in 5.2 seconds – and in just 5.0 seconds with the optional Sport Chrono package. Top speed is 256 km/h. Features in the typical GTS styling round off the sporty impression.

The Macan GTS combines a high level of typical Porsche driving dynamics with outstanding everyday utility. A sportier tuning of the PASM chassis that is lowered by 15 millimetres, along with 20-inch wheels in RS Spyder design with matt black paint finish and mixed tyres are features of the GTS equipment. Also in keeping with the style are the standard GTS sport seats with Alcantara centre panels, additional Alcantara trim in the interior as well as a full-sounding sports exhaust system. The new Porsche Communication Management (PCM) is celebrating its SUV debut in the Macan GTS. Together with the optional Connect Plus module, the high-quality multi-touch monitor offers online navigation with real-time traffic information and smartphone integration via Apple CarPlay®.
    The Macan GTS can be recognised at first glance by exterior accents in black – in high gloss above the waistline and in a lustrous matt finish in the lower areas of the body – and by a special version of the Sport Design package, also in GTS-specific colouring, that comes as a standard feature. For the first time, the Macan GTS is also available with the option of LED headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus. They guarantee optimum illumination of the road under all conditions.

Thanks to its special qualities, the new Macan GTS offers even more driving fun and even more Porsche feeling. With this model, Porsche is once more underlining its claim that the Macan is the sports car among compact SUVs.

Sales of the Macan GTS in Germany commence on October 28, 2015. The price including VAT and country-specific equipment is 73,400 euros.

P15_0943.jpg

P15_0944.jpg

P15_0945.jpg

mcpcm.jpg

Re: Porsche Macan GTS: A Little More Power, A Little More Style

Who exactly built the V6 engine that is in the Macan S ? Does it come from Audi ? 

And the Turbo  one ? From Porsche ?

Will the GTS engine be at par with  the Turbo ?

--

997.2 C2 ,  -20mm  I 964 Carrera 4 I 991 GT3 RS 

http://newsroom.porsche.com/en/products/porsche-macan-gts-sportscar-suv-11543.html

Gnil:

Who exactly built the V6 engine that is in the Macan S ? Does it come from Audi ? 

And the Turbo  one ? From Porsche ?

Will the GTS engine be at par with  the Turbo ?

--

They're both full-fledged Porsche engines derived from the Porsche V8.

Love this car and I'm so glad the LED headlights are finally here. This light be my next ride...

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S [gone but never forgotten]

This is a really great update from Porsche!

The updated PCM (from 991.2) with multi-touch and apple car play integration is a really great addition as well as the LED headlights. These additions together with the GTS-package with sportier chassie setup, the (in my book) best seats in Alcantara seals the deal for me kiss

It looks very tempting. Problem for me is that it has a lot less space than my Cayenne. With two kids and a lot of luggage when travelling, space is important..

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

0-100 is 0.4s slower than the Macan turbo with only a 40hp difference, strange.

I still don't understand why Porsche offers a GTS with less hp and slower than the turbo, makes no sense for the Cayenne and Macan especially.

Please note the fuel tank is smaller on the GTS apparently, weight difference is 30kg. Still no PDDC.

IMHO the turbo is the better buy for the price difference although I would have loved to get mine in that red color instead of the hugely boring agate grey...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUQY1Z0RbYk

A little bit peeved about the fact that they didn't stick the Macan Turbo front end onto this GTS, but HELLO VOLCANO GREY! This looks like it's going to be a mean little machine... And let's face it, the 3.0L turbo V6 always sounded better than the 3.6L V6 so this looks like a tempting proposition.

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S [gone but never forgotten]

New PCM has remote services with pigeon protection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IcXHK_a8UY&feature=youtu.be

SciFrog:

0-100 is 0.4s slower than the Macan turbo with only a 40hp difference, strange.

I still don't understand why Porsche offers a GTS with less hp and slower than the turbo, makes no sense for the Cayenne and Macan especially.

Please note the fuel tank is smaller on the GTS apparently, weight difference is 30kg. Still no PDDC.

IMHO the turbo is the better buy for the price difference although I would have loved to get mine in that red color instead of the hugely boring agate grey...

A "GTS Package" should be available as an option for the Turbo, I agree but this is how Porsche wants to differentiate the GTS from the Turbo, a huge mistake in my opinion.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

rulesdontapply:

A little bit peeved about the fact that they didn't stick the Macan Turbo front end onto this GTS, but HELLO VOLCANO GREY! This looks like it's going to be a mean little machine... And let's face it, the 3.0L turbo V6 always sounded better than the 3.6L V6 so this looks like a tempting proposition.

rulesdontapply

I never noticed that the 3.0 l sounds better than the 3.6 l, actually I think they sound the same (heard the PSE versions only though).

There is a reason why the Turbo has the 3.6 l engine, at 360-380 hp, the 3.0 l engine is at it's power zenith with the current turbo setup. The 3.6 l engine can easily be pushed over 450 hp without any major issues. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

dr.j:

New PCM has remote services with pigeon protection.

You also could apply this on the Macan's roof... Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

The new Macan Hedgehog Special Edition...  indecision

--

Volcano grey looks REALLY good! A bit darker and less brown than the Agate grey?

Anyone who can post pictures of this colour? Perhaps on another porsche model? Didn't find anything on google when I did a quick search...

On the Volcano grey topic. Isn't that the colour that was (or still is) painted on the back of the Adaptive Sport seats? At least was so for the 997

New Volcano Grey Metallic is a new color. No similarities with Volcano Grey plastic for seat backs, except for the name.

I'm in for this Macan.blush

Delivery  in March.wink

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

Super Darius:

Delivery  in March.wink

Congrats! Excellent choice.

Super Darius:

Delivery  in March.wink

Is the RS paying for it Smiley  Just joking .

Congratulations ! 

--

KresoF1:
    Super Darius:

Delivery  in March.wink

Congrats! Excellent choice.

Excellent and congrats!

I'm on the same boat. Also delivery i March smileykissindecision

hahah indecision thanks guys

Yes, i hope the RS will pay it..smiley

I was in the market for a Diesel Macan..but this morning i see this one,and costs less than the Diesel one i specced with plus or minus the same options..haha

So...kiss

--

Super Darius:

Delivery  in March.wink

Smiley Outstanding combo with the GT3RS.  Which color are your going for?  The red so that with the LO your garage doubles as a sun-tan studio? Smiley Smiley

Ziggy:
    Super Darius:

Delivery  in March.wink

Smiley Outstanding combo with the GT3RS.  Which color are your going for?  The red so that with the LO your garage doubles as a sun-tan studio? Smiley Smiley

You should PTS and get all that salmony goodness in your life. 

Congrats on the order !!

Ziggy:
    Super Darius:

Delivery  in March.wink

Hahahhah

no,i don't know yet,my wife whant white...i prefer something more soft,like a dark grey.

Saturday i will let you knowSmiley

--

Super Darius:
    Ziggy:
    Super Darius:

Delivery  in March.wink

Hahahhah

no,i don't know yet,my wife whant white...i prefer something more soft,like a dark grey.

Mackerel Grey? Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

bluelines:
    Super Darius:
    Ziggy:
    Super Darius:

Delivery  in March.wink

Hahahhah

Mackerel Grey? Smiley

HahahhahahahahhahahaSmiley

--

I really like this package. Congratulations Super Darius and Lucas, great choice.kiss

Well RC, the Panamera has the same engine with even 420 PS, is that too much in your opinion? 

Cheers.

RS 991:

Well RC, the Panamera has the same engine with even 420 PS, is that too much in your opinion? 

Cheers.

I emailed my P source and he replied that this 3.0l engine is good for 450ps/550Nm without any problem.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    755350 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431615 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258875 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255920 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79907 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5265 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868959 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    803005 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM