Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - GT2/GT3 Language: English Region: Worldwide - Asia Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 911 R Thread Closed

BiTurbo:
    MKW:
    BiTurbo:

Why are they covering the whole center console not many people care about the manual vs pdk... angry

uhh ....any company selling a retail consumer product with a rabid informed consumer base in this intant media age has to keep a few "  secrets " for its official unveiling date , even  if they have to interject some disinformation into public interweb discourse ..and for this model , the critical two i items in this model to obfuscate are of course , the transmission and the engine choice since we know they are going  for supposedly more classic / retro public road seat of the pants feel " vs absolute track speed in  the " GT#" version  by reducing aero and tire patch..look at how this thread for months and months has  the same daily redundant questions/ statements/ disputed  "truths " posts , which is exactly  what the PR minions at Porsche are tasked to do and are pleased about .....and your post is a testament  to their success in doing so ! 

--

2016  991 Carrera GTS  " PCA 60 "  Club Coupe       orig owner ; 1 of 60 

Let's see how it will be priced and how many will jump on it and put it up for sale to make a quick profit.

Oh yeah, the never ending recalls will be another interesting topic which is still ongoing up to this day Smiley

They need to fix their sh*t instead of expanding the 911 lineup and making a fool out of the consumer with new badges and lap times Smiley

what has your reply have anything remotely related to my statement !???!!

--

MKW:
    BiTurbo:
    MKW:
    BiTurbo:

Why are they covering the whole center console not many people care about the manual vs pdk... angry

uhh ....any company selling a retail consumer product with a rabid informed consumer base in this intant media age has to keep a few "  secrets " for its official unveiling date , even  if they have to interject some disinformation into public interweb discourse ..and for this model , the critical two i items in this model to obfuscate are of course , the transmission and the engine choice since we know they are going  for supposedly more classic / retro public road seat of the pants feel " vs absolute track speed in  the " GT#" version  by reducing aero and tire patch..look at how this thread for months and months has  the same daily redundant questions/ statements/ disputed  "truths " posts , which is exactly  what the PR minions at Porsche are tasked to do and are pleased about .....and your post is a testament  to their success in doing so ! 

--

Let's see how it will be priced and how many will jump on it and put it up for sale to make a quick profit.

Oh yeah, the never ending recalls will be another interesting topic which is still ongoing up to this day Smiley

They need to fix their sh*t instead of expanding the 911 lineup and making a fool out of the consumer with new badges and lap times Smiley

It's your fault for not posting anything remotely related to the regular stream of negativity which BiTurbo has taken it upon himself to bore us with.   Smiley

--

fritz

I think I was talking about VW product and not Porsche, wrong thread I guess yes indecision

fritz:
    MKW:
    BiTurbo:
    MKW:
    BiTurbo:

--

It's your fault for not posting anything remotely related to the regular stream of negativity which BiTurbo has taken it upon himself to bore us with.   Smiley

Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

for those who have an allocation the only reason not to flip the car right away is obviously the speculation of increasing value over time. i can't see any other interesting feature of the car, even after this many postings. 

well, need to correct: the stripe design could be interesting. i am thinking of putting a livery on my GT3 RS and looking for ideas anyway...

pmarkow:

for those who have an allocation the only reason not to flip the car right away is obviously the speculation of increasing value over time. i can't see any other interesting feature of the car, even after this many postings. 

well, need to correct: the stripe design could be interesting. i am thinking of putting a livery on my GT3 RS and looking for ideas anyway...

Well if I had a lot more spare cash then I would buy one, simply because it's manual. There are plenty of others like me who didn't buy a 991 GT3 because we didn't want a PDK GT3 and ended up buying a GT4. Sadly the price of a 911R would also count most of us out. 

Hopefully the majority of the 911 R  will not end up in the hands of flippers or "investors" .  It is the first time that Porsche has a long queue of buyers for its special models which is something that did not happen in the past (any RS model in the past could be relatively easily bought , including more recently the RS 4.0 and the GT2 RS). I remember my local dealer being desperate for not being to able to sell his only Sport Classic allocation which he then gave away at discount. All this was just few years ago not 20 years ago.  Bottom line buy one because you love the concept of manual , lightweight  and RS engine and not because it will appreciate. Yes that might happen  but the opposite could happen too. (The fact that apparently 991 will be made does not really make true collector item, imho)

m4ever:

Hopefully the majority of the 911 R  will not end up in the hands of flippers or "investors" .  It is the first time that Porsche has a long queue of buyers for its special models which is something that did not happen in the past (any RS model in the past could be relatively easily bought , including more recently the RS 4.0 and the GT2 RS). I remember my local dealer being desperate for not being to able to sell his only Sport Classic allocation which he then gave away at discount. All this was just few years ago not 20 years ago.  Bottom line buy one because you love the concept of manual , lightweight  and RS engine and not because it will appreciate. Yes that might happen  but the opposite could happen too. (The fact that apparently 991 will be made does not really make true collector item, imho)

The R is a model Porsche does not want to see in the hands of flippers or speculators and it will be difficult to get one, even impossible if you ever flipped a car fast after taking delivery. Since Porsche seems to "decide" who gets a car and who doesn't, I think that most cars (not all of them of course) will end up in the right hands. Yes, some customers will add them to their collection, no doubt about it and they will probably never drive them but at least they won't be sold immediately at a premium.

I truly think that this is one of the rare 911 special edition models which will be worth a lot along the way, so I wouldn't sell this car now. Not really getting the disappointment with this car, Porsche tried really hard to offer something special and if I compare this car to the Sport Classic or other special ed models in the past, I think Porsche did a great job.

This is supposed to be a road car, not a track toy, so do not expect extreme weight savings but it will be the lightest 991 model on the market.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Those pepita seats are just delicious! And very well spotted to find the 911 R logo on the instrument! This is a car that I have dreamed about a long time - a modern manual light road car with the high-reving GT3/ GT3 RS engine. I will buy one for sure!

TurboRalf:

Those pepita seats are just delicious! And very well spotted to find the 911 R logo on the instrument! This is a car that I have dreamed about a long time - a modern manual light road car with the high-reving GT3/ GT3 RS engine. I will buy one for sure!

This car already exists

the 997 gt3 RS 4.0 

In a sense you are right rickman and I would never sell my 997 GT3 RS 4.0 (it is one of my all time favourites and I still cant believe that AP and his team were allowed to do it), but I expect the 911 R to be more road-oriented with no cage, no wings and a look that is possible to use on public roads without people thinking that you took a wrong turn on the race track and ended up where you are. Also I would guess that the R will be even lighter and if we are lucky get even more power.

rickman:
    TurboRalf:

This car already exists

the 997 gt3 RS 4.0 

What about that hideous rear wing? Smiley

Of course the 997 GT3 RS 4.0 is a very special Porsche model, actually one of the most special GT models but the 911 R is not a GT model but it uses GT tech, this is what makes it so special.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    rickman:
    TurboRalf:

This car already exists

the 997 gt3 RS 4.0 

What about that hideous rear wing? Smiley

Of course the 997 GT3 RS 4.0 is a very special Porsche model, actually one of the most special GT models but the 911 R is not a GT model but it uses GT tech, this is what makes it so special.

--

+1 RC the GT3 RS 4.0 ( a 3.8 rs not some much different just the motor...) is not as special as a 991 GT3 RS (more specific parts like the basis GT3) and the R i agree with RC is more special the built is more interesting of my view ;)

--

997 GT3 RS 3.6 - 964 RS - 991 GT3 RS

The 997 GT3 RS 4.0l is not as special as the 991 GT3 RS? Did I get that right?

--

bluelines:

997 GT3 RS 4.0 compared to 997 GT3 RS 3.8

600 cars

différent engine 500hp

Same body ( carbon hood and fender but like original design 3.8 rs)

Same gearbox

Same suspension or different setting

991 GT3 RS 4.0 compared to 991 GT3

Different engine 500

Different body ( hood, roof, specific fender, specific rear deck etc..) in design or material

Different wheel setup 

Different suspension setting

Different setting for gearbox

and i forgot :)

For me yes it’s more different and exclusive :)

--

bluelines:

The other way around...I think.

--

RC:
    bluelines:

Smiley+1

--

RC:
    bluelines:

this is not true but it does not matter. the 997 GT3 RS 4.0 is very different from the 997 GT3 RS 3.8. Engine, aerodynamics, design, suspension, weight, ... Unlike the RS 991, you can put slicks, making it potentially as fast as the 991 RS. For driving the two, I think the 997 RS 4.0 was an incredible feeling compared to the 991 GT3 RS

And I'm not talking about 3-4000 copies of the RS 991 to be produced.

As for R, we'll see;)

I think that the 991 GT3 RS is more special -

since I don't have a 997 Gt3 RS 4.0    

Not sure if you understood my remark right, I meant that the 997 GT3 RS 4.0 is the much more special car than the 991 GT3 RS.

--

Kobalt:

Now that sounds reasonable. Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

RC:

Not sure if you understood my remark right, I meant that the 997 GT3 RS 4.0 is the much more special car than the 991 GT3 RS.

I understand but I have not responded to the good post Smiley

rickman:
    RC:

I understand but I have not responded to the good post Smiley

Ahh... Smiley Smiley

--

rickman:
    RC:
    bluelines:

this is not true but it does not matter. the 997 GT3 RS 4.0 is very different from the 997 GT3 RS 3.8. Engine, aerodynamics, design, suspension, weight, ... Unlike the RS 991, you can put slicks, making it potentially as fast as the 991 RS. For driving the two, I think the 997 RS 4.0 was an incredible feeling compared to the 991 GT3 RS

As for R, we'll see;)

Can you elaborate why the 991 GT3 RS would not be able to take slicks? 

--

2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2013 MINI John Cooper Works GP / 2014 BMW Alpina D3 biturbo Touring

Porker:
    rickman:
    RC:
    bluelines:

As for R, we'll see;)

Can you elaborate why the 991 GT3 RS would not be able to take slicks? 

steering rear wheels ;)

To me the 997 GT3 RS 4.0l is far more special than the 991 GT3 RS. None of the latest incarnations of the GT4, GT3 or GT3 RS feels "special" in this sense. The GT3 and RS the least, since they are neither the first, nor the last. Once the next generation is out both will be surpassed. The GT4 is not special enough to be special  but it is the first.

The 997 GT3 RS 4.0l is a very different machine. The last of an era. I doubt we will ever see anything like it.

The jury is still out on the R. It could be special like the 997 GT3 RS 4.0l or it is a "SportClassic with GT3" engine. I lean towards the latter for now.

--

Kobalt:

Yes, almost as special as the GT4 Smiley

Since I don't have a 991 GT3 RS.

--

bluelines:

To me the 997 GT3 RS 4.0l is far more special than the 991 GT3 RS. None of the latest incarnations of the GT4, GT3 or GT3 RS feels "special" in this sense. The GT3 and RS the least, since they are neither the first, nor the last. Once the next generation is out both will be surpassed. The GT4 is not special enough to be special  but it is the first.

The 997 GT3 RS 4.0l is a very different machine. The last of an era. I doubt we will ever see anything like it.

The jury is still out on the R. It could be special like the 997 GT3 RS 4.0l or it is a "SportClassic with GT3" engine. I lean towards the latter for now.

You are wrong. The 911 R is basically a GT3 without rear wing.

The SportClassic had nothing to do with the Porsche GT models, it was basically a normal 997 Carrera GTS with a few special ed (design) goodies.

Big difference!

--

RC:
    bluelines:

You are wrong. The 911 R is basically a GT3 without rear wing.

The SportClassic had nothing to do with the Porsche GT models, it was basically a normal 997 Carrera GTS with a few special ed (design) goodies.

Big difference!

RC +111111 Smiley

--

bluelines:

I understand what you mean.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691021 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410150 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256213 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235409 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65744 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858802 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775109 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM