Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Range Rover Evoque Convertible

No, you didn't misread the heading: 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/land-rover/news/range-rover-evoque-convertible-filmed-testing/

--

fritz

Re: Range Rover Evoque Convertible

Old news. They announced it shortly after the launch of the coupe.

This and the Nissan Murano convertible are total nonsense.

No more than a AWD large Mini Countryman or a Fiat 500L...

koko:

Old news. They announced it shortly after the launch of the coupe.

Announced it, or just showed a mock-up to assess public interest?  Smiley
    IIRC, it was the latter, in which case this video now suggests that enough public interest was generated to be seen as positive. 

--

fritz

SciFrog:

No more than a AWD large Mini Countryman or a Fiat 500L...

Ford Edge 

Would probably sell well to the demographic its targeted at..single females or urban gay people. But definitely not to trade union leaders.

They produced a running example around a year after the launch of the coupe version. It has been part of the model development plan since then and was being kept waiting in the wings for when sales started to take a natural dip of the coupe and 5 door models. This hasn't happened due to the success of those cars so the convertible was held back until after the facelift of the car.

This is one of the original examples they built. With the relentless growth in popularity of smaller SUV models I shouldn't be at all surprised that this proves to be a major hit in key markets and that other manufacturers rush to release similar examples if it is.

14441680804843.JPG

14441680901774.JPG

14441682550981.JPG

Why not, looks like a nice family convertible. Remember this:

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

993Targa:

Why not, looks like a nice family convertible. Remember this:

Smiley Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

I really like the Evoque and all (5 door, not so much the coupe) but that's just ridiculous. 

I like it. Crossover are the future and would already overtake regular cars if it wasn't for the increased cost. After all they already have diesel convertible cars, this is just an evolution of the segment...

SciFrog:

I like it. Crossover are the future and would already overtake regular cars if it wasn't for the increased cost. After all they already have diesel convertible cars, this is just an evolution of the segment...

We don't seem to be agreeing on anything lately. 

I have to admit - I'm not as offended by this as I thought I would be. yes

--

991 Carrera Black\Black, XC90 Black\Black, 120 Cab Black\Coral Red - 2 kids, 1 dog

I like it a lot I have to say. Kind a cool concept. But wished they would have chopped the Range Rover Sport as the Evoque really drives like a Chinese rice cooker.

simple reason why this will also not sell well, like the Murano soft top : both aimed at   " ladies who do lunch " but an unstated reason why women  like " cute utes "  is the perceived personal safety afforded when stopped in urban traffic  in curbside lanes with a higher driving position and higher window opening ...you negate that sense of  security when you peel back the upper 40 % of the car and negate that via attracting unwanted attention with what will be seen as a "parade float" 

Enmanuel:
    SciFrog:

This place would be boring if we all agreed. I come here for opinions even if I don't agree with them in the endSmiley

Lars997:

I like it a lot I have to say. Kind a cool concept. But wished they would have chopped the Range Rover Sport as the Evoque really drives like a Chinese rice cooker.

Speaking about Evoque and Chinese , last April I was in China for the Canton fair and took a pic of this "Evoque" made by Landwind, I don´t know how this is possible and how can they sell an exact Evoque copy world wide Smiley I´m sure in few months they will have also the convertible available for sale Smiley  these Chinese car makers are unique!

As to the original Evoque cabrio, I don´t like the concept itself, but maybe with time I can change my mind after seeing it on the road. 

--

J.Seven

J.Seven:
    Lars997:

Speaking about Evoque and Chinese , last April I was in China for the Canton fair and took a pic of this "Evoque" made by Landwind, I don´t know how this is possible and how can they sell an exact Evoque copy world wide Smiley I´m sure in few months they will have also the convertible available for sale Smiley  these Chinese car makers are unique!

As to the original Evoque cabrio, I don´t like the concept itself, but maybe with time I can change my mind after seeing it on the road. 

I doubt they would even try to sell it world-wide. 
    I visited a Chinese factory once where they were making knock-offs of a small Toyota bus. The glass-fibre moulds for the bus' exterior side panels had been taken off an original without making any attempt to remove the large embossed "Toyota" logos.  Smiley 

--

fritz

fritz:
    J.Seven:
    Lars997:

I visited a Chinese factory once where they were making knock-offs of a small Toyota bus. The glass-fibre moulds for the bus' exterior side panels had been taken off an original without making any attempt to remove the large embossed "Toyota" logos.  Smiley 

Even only selling in their own country is already a fraud.

Are these the Toyota Bus you were talking about SmileySmileySmiley, they were there too!

Original

Fake

--

J.Seven

SciFrog:
    Enmanuel:
    SciFrog:

This place would be boring if we all agreed. I come here for opinions even if I don't agree with them in the endSmiley

Smiley

J.Seven:
    fritz:
    J.Seven:
    Lars997:

Even only selling in their own country is already a fraud.

True, but it is still easier to get away with fraud within China than it is world-wide.  Smiley

Are these the Toyota Bus you were talking about SmileySmileySmiley, they were there too!

Original

Fake

Some of the copies are built legally under licence, others are not. 

The ones I meant were nearer this size, but a more dated style (this was back in the 1990s):

Chinese_bus.jpg

--

fritz

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    761700 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434987 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260303 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257395 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80872 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5318 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871803 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807161 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM