Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Rennsport Reunion V - Saturday photos

Derek Bell in 936/81:

thumb_DSC_1750_1024.jpg

--

Mike

918 Spyder + Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S + Panamera Turbo +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T

962-102 belching fire on over-run, just like I remember from 30 years ago:

thumb_DSC_1728_1024.jpg

--

Mike

918 Spyder + Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S + Panamera Turbo +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T

Even the little kids were having fun:

thumb_DSC_1688_1024.jpg

--

Mike

Re: Rennsport Reunion V - Thursday photos

Amazing event Smiley

--

J.Seven

Anybody who takes cars to the track and has a little spare cash needs one of these:

thumb_DSC_1641_1024.jpg

Rail Ryder ~ Revolutionary Motorsports Trailer Loading System

https://youtu.be/_ql5Fvh5H5c

--

Mike

W8MM:
    J.Seven:
    W8MM are you Mike Valentine from the radar companySmileySmiley Smiley  

Yes, ... the very same Smiley

Gosh that is amazing, I´ve been seing you and your product for so many years on the mags and even bought  a Valentine unit maybe more than 25 years ago but it didn´t work properly here in Europe! That is a huge and nice surprise as I´ve been reading your interesting posts here and never associate the poster to the real person Smiley Much pleasure to meet you Sir Smiley 

Do you have nowadays a radar aproppriate for Europe market? Thanks in advance.

--

J.Seven

What a great report - thanks so much Mike SmileySmileySmiley

Blueflame

Mike, it was a pleasure to meet you, and I owe you a bottle of wine next time we meet indecision

--

Whoopsy:

Mike, it was a pleasure to meet you, and I owe you a bottle of wine next time we meet indecision

Nick,

It was a great pleasure to meet you and Jason in Carmel.

I look forward to next time, but you'll have to fight me for the check 😀

--

Mike

Mike, you have zero chance to pay for the next bottle, Watch, I will win by default smiley

On a side note, I go the chance of a life time when David Donohue got me into the seat of the DHL RS Spyder on Saturday, Jason took a pic of that. Wonder when he will post that. 

Anyway, after sitting in that car, my respect grew to the drivers exponentially, the foot box is TINY, David had to take off his street shoes to drive that car on the parade lap and so did I when I jumped in. The seating position is weird also.

--

Fantastic thread - I thought I knew the face from somewhere - now I know ! I had similar excitment in the Experience Center LeMans - Mike knows - and a nice Chat with Stuck who is a early breakfaster too ! Small world wonderfull People ! wink see below - Phil & me

LeMAns.jpg

Some leaks)))

--

sportcars-history.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myQOLXtix_M
    --

sportcars-history.com

OK, you guys saw it here, first.  Here's https://presse.porsche.de/prod/presse_pag/PressBasicData.nsf/DisplayPressRelease?ReadForm&languageversionid=549557&pid=88AB8C8A79122249C1257A3500140BDF

M15_4396_fine.jpg

Hans-Joachim Stuck’s favourite car at the Rennsport Reunion was one of the few that fans did not get the chance to admire on the Laguna Seca circuit. The Porsche 962 in which he won the Sebring 12-hour race with Bob Akin and Jo Gartner in 1986 is just being rebuilt. “That victory was one of the milestones of my career,” he said and was obviously impressed by the great atmosphere and enthusiasm at the Rennsport Reunion. “The cars you see here are just amazing. They’re all in incredible condition...

--

Mike

Thank you very much for sharing those amazing pictures and stories. Great event.

Hi Mike, many many thanks for the pictures and the write up. It feels almost like being there in person! Thanks

Striezel Stuck is a great guy - had many fun events with him. Old days (20yrs ago) - I was impressed to see how the groupies are gathering around him. Today it looks like there are more cars and grown men taking pictures with him. smiley

Mike: I am the fellow with red '86 when we met mid-afternoon on Thu on Carmel Valley Rd. :) I remember your mentioning FedExing the CLs and key and it is great seeing them here, near their car and with Hans Stuck too. :)

--

"Dream as impractical, irrational and unnecessary as that may be... Here's to the Dreamers!" -- Porsche AG.

ADias:

Mike: I am the fellow with red '86 when we met mid-afternoon on Thu on Carmel Valley Rd. :) I remember your mentioning FedExing the CLs and key and it is great seeing them here, near their car and with Hans Stuck too. :)

Tony,  

It was a real treat to serendipitously meet you and your lovely bride.  Our conversation was the official start of a great few days that I'll not soon forget.

Keep your 915-geared flat 6 going strong!

--

Mike

BjoernB:

Fantastic thread - I thought I knew the face from somewhere - now I know ! I had similar excitment in the Experience Center LeMans - Mike knows - and a nice Chat with Stuck who is a early breakfaster too ! Small world wonderfull People ! wink see below - Phil & me

LeMAns.jpg

Is Phil Schiller a Member of this forum?

--

"Dream as impractical, irrational and unnecessary as that may be... Here's to the Dreamers!" -- Porsche AG.

Great thread! Where is the next one and when?

--

Of little, to make much: That is the dream of a human life.

Should be in 4 years again.

As for locations, little birdie told me they want to try Canada, Mont-Tremblant to be exact. Somewhere Porsche has a lot of racing history.

But logistics could gets in the way. Specifically their infield isn't like Laguna Seca's where there is a big piece of land for parking cars.

--

What I have been told is that Laguna Seca is the preferred venue. I doubt there is any other one which will attract such a large crowd.

--

ADias:

What I have been told is that Laguna Seca is the preferred venue. I doubt there is any other one which will attract such a large crowd.

1,2,3 were at Daytona. 4 was at Laguna Seca and 5 too. 

6 is up in the air. They like the infield configuration at Laguna Seca, probably will stay there but exploring other possibility. 

2 things they look for for a venue is 1-Porsche has a racing history at the track, 2-There has to be enough space to display cars and for big crowds.

--

I think Rennsport I was at Lime Rock and that had a few thousand people. Daytona (and it is Daytona) attracted fewer people (1800 was it). LS 50k+... It's not only LS' infield, it's Monterey, it's California. :)

--

ADias:

It would be awesome if he were. 

ADias:
    BjoernB:

LeMAns.jpg

Even if he is, I doubt he would unveil his identity and we certainly would shut up about it.

We have many VIPs here but only a few actually made public who they are (or to be precise: only one, Mike).

I like Phil Schiller a lot, my kids actually love him (from the Apple presentations). He seems to be a very nice guy (from the picture).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

W8MM:

Anybody who takes cars to the track and has a little spare cash needs one of these:

thumb_DSC_1641_1024.jpg

Rail Ryder ~ Revolutionary Motorsports Trailer Loading System

https://youtu.be/_ql5Fvh5H5c

--

Mike

Thanks for sharing, Mike. This is quite a clever system, I really love it. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    We have many VIPs here but only a few actually made public who they are (or to be precise: only one, Mike).

And that is one of the most valuable specificity of this forum...

SciFrog:
    RC:

And that is one of the most valuable specificity of this forum...

Glad to hear that. Smiley Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM