Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Huracán Performante in "6.52 something" at the Ring?

Here's what one guy said over at LP

stock Pirelli's, LDS and MRS options from what the rep said.

iamwithstupid.gif the hater comments will be in later today wink.gif 
    the rep also said with trofeo R's it should perform even better.

Which Pirellis are stock (Trofeo Non-R or Corsa)?  And what do LDS and MRS stand for?  Thanks!

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Bespoke Corsas

Grant:

Which Pirellis are stock (Trofeo Non-R or Corsa)?  And what do LDS and MRS stand for?  Thanks!

LDS = Lamborghini Dynamic Steering

MRS = Magneto Rheological Suspension

kingjr9000:

If this holds true, Lamborghini has had a minor technological breakthrough, and this could explain why Winkelmann was promoted to head Audi Sport GmbH.  Some reader may not recall that Lamborghini has had a technology center with Calloway, Boeing, and the University of Washington for composite materials, especially forged carbon.  Furthermore, Boeing is one of the global leaders in blown airfoil technology, so a tech transfer between Boeing and Audi/Lamborghini is not out of the question.

Is it just me, or did that lap look incredibly smooth compared to the SV lap?

BiTurbo:
    Grant:

LDS = Lamborghini Dynamic Steering

MRS = Magneto Rheological Suspension

Thanks! Smiley

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

You can tell its a p zero, just not if its a corsa or trofeo

f372dfb1fdc9315a1550be33ff6a1767.jpg

kingjr9000:

Is it just me, or did that lap look incredibly smooth compared to the SV lap?

Yes it did appear incredibly smooth with no, "ah sh*t" moments.  It looked more like a brisk driver versus a record setting  lap.

How about the nitrous inside the trunk indecision

Not sure if this has been posted but here is the record breaking run.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/watch-the-lamborghini-huracan-performante-dominate-the-nurburgring/

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

Heres what the midlife guy stated about the tires.

The confirmed tire is a Pirelli P-Zero Corsa specifically developed for the Perf that will come standard on the customer car. This was the tire used at the Ring. It's competitive to Pirelli's own Trofeo R on the track, but fit's the needs of street use better. You can see this tire in some of the spy shots. I have personally seen the tire. It has a wider contact patch and is stickier than a standard P-Zero Corsa. 285 up front, 305 out back. This will be the new go to tire for even Macs in the future.

CGX car nut:
    kingjr9000:

If this holds true, Lamborghini has had a minor technological breakthrough, and this could explain why Winkelmann was promoted to head Audi Sport GmbH.  Some reader may not recall that Lamborghini has had a technology center with Calloway, Boeing, and the University of Washington for composite materials, especially forged carbon.  Furthermore, Boeing is one of the global leaders in blown airfoil technology, so a tech transfer between Boeing and Audi/Lamborghini is not out of the question.

They're also the ones who made that "plasma shield", too.

Better pic of tires

1488421493017Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 8.21.25 PM.png1488421504241Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 8.21.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-01 at 8.21.53 PM.png

Well, it's obviously wearing Trofeo R. You can see the giant "R"

Looks exactly like this.

Hmm, is it possible that they did the test on the trofeos, then they'll release them with the bespoke Corsas, that are said to have the same performance as the trofeos?

As per the press release:

Quote:

Joining the Lamborghini development team at the Nürburgring were representatives from Pirelli, responsible for development of tires specifically for the Huracán Performante: the same Pirelli Trofeo R tires available on cars delivered to owners.

kingjr9000:

Bespoke Corsas

Same trick as Mercedes used - "special" Corsas that can be ordered - but then maybe not as the production at Pirelli has not even startet...

They are all trying to fool potential buyers Smiley

CGX car nut:
    kingjr9000:

If this holds true, Lamborghini has had a minor technological breakthrough,

Extremely unlikely. Same problem as with Mercedes. After failing the benchmark for years a sudden flash of brilliant ideas Smiley No way. This is all staged for the marketing campaign. Same as with Mercedes and their GTR...

MKSGR:
    CGX car nut:
    kingjr9000:

Extremely unlikely. Same problem as with Mercedes. After failing the benchmark for years a sudden flash of brilliant ideas Smiley No way. This is all staged for the marketing campaign. Same as with Mercedes and their GTR...

Nope, that's not the case. A few seconds might be disputable as always but overall the Performante will be the track monster of the year. Hopefully not at the expense of everyday drivability.

I am afraid that with the Performante, the "Speciale" version of the 488 and the 720, the GT2 RS's main virtue will be it's collectable status and guaranteed appreciation.

MKSGR:
    kingjr9000:

Bespoke Corsas

Same trick as Mercedes used - "special" Corsas that can be ordered - but then maybe not as the production at Pirelli has not even startet...

Totally agree - there is no querky sounds and the steering Input compared to the 918 lap is smooth as silk - which means it had amazing front end grip - hardly possible with a normal street tire.

I truly hope Lambo will finally put a Drivers car together and I think they have so well done Smiley - but considering that this car is 26 seconds faster than a 488 with measured 702 HP rises some eyebrows

MKSGR:
    kingjr9000:

Bespoke Corsas

Can't say I/we didn't see this coming, we have seen it too many times, but then again when people want to believe it they still fall for the hype again and again even when it goes against their intuition and common sense, it just like laundry detergent commertials indecision

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:
    MKSGR:
    kingjr9000:

Bespoke Corsas

just like laundry detergent commertials indecision

Yep,,, BS at its best. You cant beat the old Persil, along with Lenor Summer Breeze Smiley Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Whoopsy:
    Herbaliser:

I won't wait for Sport Auto and I couldn't care less if the actual time is a few seconds slower. If everything goes as planned by June/July I should be able to make my own comparison: GT3 RS vs. 488 vs. 991.2 Turbo S vs. Performante. Something tells me that all of the cars will win :)

Out of those 4 I will take a Turbo S in a heart beat.

It is head and shoulders above anything consider the total package. The others 3 can only do 1 thing well. maybe another 0.5 thing. But the Turbo S basically do everything well.

True but in a very boring way. Perfection can sometimes be annoying. Just be honest with yourself: Why didn't you get a 991.2 Turbo S Cabriolet instead of your Huracan Spider?! Smiley Or are you planning to switch your Huracan Spider for a 991.2 Turbo S Cabriolet? 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Carlos from Spain:
    MKSGR:
    kingjr9000:

Bespoke Corsas

Can't say I/we didn't see this coming, we have seen it too many times, but then again when people want to believe it they still fall for the hype again and again even when it goes against their intuition and common sense, it just like laundry detergent commertials indecision

Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

kingjr9000:

Hmm, is it possible that they did the test on the trofeos, then they'll release them with the bespoke Corsas, that are said to have the same performance as the trofeos?

As per the press release:

Quote:

Joining the Lamborghini development team at the Nürburgring were representatives from Pirelli, responsible for development of tires specifically for the Huracán Performante: the same Pirelli Trofeo R tires available on cars delivered to owners.

Pirelli has made huge progress in tire technology lately, the new PZero in the 991.2 Turbo S is a clear indicator for that. Unfortunately many people don't seem to understand that the name is the same but the tire has been changed completely, especially the compound mixture. I assume Pirelli made some advances with the Trofeo R as well. Do I care? Not really. I would never drive a Trofeo R on public roads for obvious reasons. Very good track tire though and still  good enough for public roads to drive to the track and back home, even if it rains. Still...not the street tire you want to have on a car with huge power and/or torque. Unless you live in Dubai or similar warmer regions with not so much rain. However, even dust on the roads can be an issue then.

The new Corsa tire for the Performante is probably a good compromise between the Trofeo R and the PZero but it remains to be seen how good it is. Can't wait for the Supertest of the Performante in autumn.

--

CGX car nut:
    kingjr9000:

I also think that many miss the point that Audi and VW Group are behind Lamborghini and now even Porsche (considering that they took over the sportscar development at VW Group, although it is unclear how much they were involved with the Huracan Performante). Audi is/was pretty successful in various racing series, they have the knowhow, there is no doubt about it.

--

In the vid you can also see a fully integrated, welded rollcage on the A-pillars, how's that for a stock setup. mail

I have nothing against the car, but these false claims are a bit ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ULSUcERlQQ--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E / 2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2014 BMW-Alpina B3 biturbo Touring Allrad

Herbaliser:
    MKSGR:
    CGX car nut:
    kingjr9000:

Nope, that's not the case. A few seconds might be disputable as always but overall the Performante will be the track monster of the year. Hopefully not at the expense of everyday drivability.

I am afraid that with the Performante, the "Speciale" version of the 488 and the 720, the GT2 RS's main virtue will be it's collectable status and guaranteed appreciation.

So you think that all OEMs made gigantic steps - only Porsche will fall behind although they were always leading in terms of track performance? Sure... Honestly, your logic is totally illogical Smiley

RC:
    Whoopsy:
    Herbaliser:

I won't wait for Sport Auto and I couldn't care less if the actual time is a few seconds slower. If everything goes as planned by June/July I should be able to make my own comparison: GT3 RS vs. 488 vs. 991.2 Turbo S vs. Performante. Something tells me that all of the cars will win :)

Out of those 4 I will take a Turbo S in a heart beat.

It is head and shoulders above anything consider the total package. The others 3 can only do 1 thing well. maybe another 0.5 thing. But the Turbo S basically do everything well.

True but in a very boring way. Perfection can sometimes be annoying. Just be honest with yourself: Why didn't you get a 991.2 Turbo S Cabriolet instead of your Huracan Spider?! Smiley Or are you planning to switch your Huracan Spider for a 991.2 Turbo S Cabriolet? 

Christian, if you look at the success of turbo s and Huracan you see that your view is rather a minority view Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    761791 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435040 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260331 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257419 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80885 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5318 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871876 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807246 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM