Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Google VP Gifts A Ferrari FXX K To His Wife

Google Vice President Benjamin Sloss Gifts A Ferrari FXX K To His Wife http://thesupercarkids.com/google-vice-president-benjamin-sloss-gifts-a-ferrari-fxx-k-to-his-wife/

1440844353694image.jpg

Re: Google VP Gifts A Ferrari FXX K To His Wife

That car looks hot !!! angel

--

997.2 C2 ,  -20mm  I 964 Carrera 4 I 991 GT3 RS on order delivery early Sept .

Great idea. Like he is not going to constantly drive it.  I think I'll give my wife that Ducati I always wanted. 

Leawood911:

Great idea. Like he is not going to constantly drive it.  I think I'll give my wife that Ducati I always wanted. 

Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

She should be happy he didn't give her an Indonesian Air airline ticket.

--

Of little, to make much: That is the dream of a human life.

Ben , better known on every major enthusiast buff board as Treynor and who has owns fast , modified cars from every American and foreign  brand was working as a software coder at Oracle even in high school, before Stanford. 

There are many with his car passion and even more amazing collections in Silicon Valley , but he is one of the very few who is not PR paranoid at a very public company . Most of his executive colleagues in SV  would like the the masses and lower coworkers to believe the Tesla S or " Audi S4 " type car they drive to work is their one and only ! 

Steve Jobs occasionally drove an S4 and Mark Zuckerberg finally traded in his old Integra recently for a plain VW GTi, not the R ...of course the latter recently bought about half of the north side of Kauai .....!  

You know, when one is at that kind of level wealth wise, most of them are not chasing exotics anymore. It's just another 'thing' that could be bought. Buying a million dollar car doesn't carry that 'thrill' when they make a million in a day or less.

Ben is older, so the thrill of speed is still with him, he buys car to drive really fast to enjoy that thrill. Mark is not of that generation, driving really fast does nothing to him. My oldest son who is born in 2001 is kind of the same way, he enjoys sitting in the cars and looked at them, but does him nothing when I take him on a 'thrill' ride. Fortunately my little guy who is born in 2008 is completely opposite, he loves cars and loves to ride in them, always yelling faster faster. 

--

Whoopsy:

You know, when one is at that kind of level wealth wise, most of them are not chasing exotics anymore. It's just another 'thing' that could be bought. Buying a million dollar car doesn't carry that 'thrill' when they make a million in a day or less.

Ben is older, so the thrill of speed is still with him, he buys car to drive really fast to enjoy that thrill. Mark is not of that generation, driving really fast does nothing to him. My oldest son who is born in 2001 is kind of the same way, he enjoys sitting in the cars and looked at them, but does him nothing when I take him on a 'thrill' ride. Fortunately my little guy who is born in 2008 is completely opposite, he loves cars and loves to ride in them, always yelling faster faster. 

Speaking of likes and dislikes , many don't know that baby boomer Steve Jobs ( Apple ) ; Gen Xers Larry  Page and Sergey Brin ( Google ) and now millenial Mark Zuckerberg ( Facebook ) all have in common a strong personal distaste for electronic gaming and that whole part of the tech industry which is obvious by the companies they have shaped so far . Virtual reality may change that in the future but I think for them it will be for uses like virtual vacations/meetings, reunions/ socializing, expert remote guided surgery / technical repairs , etc, then for the obvious uses of yet another boring shooter game immersion which everyone will offer , esp the Asian companies . We'll see. 

You guys should checkout HBOs Silcon Valley. It tells you a lot about how those nerds think. Plus t's the funniest thing I've seen since a while. 

Always best idea if you want a car and not sure if the wife likes that you buy it.... gift it to her and you can play with it!

Amazing looking car!

koko:

You guys should checkout HBOs Silcon Valley. It tells you a lot about how those nerds think. Plus t's the funniest thing I've seen since a while. 

it's TV show ....entertainment .....'nuff said 

MKW:
    koko:

Yes it's fictional but it borrows a lot from real life.

The creator of the show used to work in Palo Alto as an  engineer before he decided to quit. Many of the characters are based on actual famous guys from Silicon Valley. I'm sure you know what I mean if you watched it.

koko:
    MKW:
    koko:

Yes it's fictional but it borrows a lot from real life.

The creator of the show used to work in Palo Alto as an  engineer before he decided to quit. Many of the characters are based on actual famous guys from Silicon Valley. I'm sure you know what I mean if you watched it.

I live  in Palo Alto .I watched it with  tech industry exec neighbors and we laughed at the show . It is similar to TV medical dramas of the 60s and 70s ...90% pure fiction when viewed by real MDs, but " real life " as served by Hollywood .

Also , the public images you may have  of our most recognizable tech " personailties " is carefully " branded " down to their never changing clothing and trademark " quirky " mannerisms by their handlers . It is NOT an organic thing and this image mgmt probably adds billions of dollars of market value and free advertising  ...we call it the " Betty Crocker " scheme and has worked VERY well ! 

I imagine that a show that realistically portrayed the lives of Silicon Valley "nerds", would have a very limited audience appeal; probably only of interest to other "nerds", and then only to a subset of those. Although, frankly, I can't believe there's even an audience at all for this:

https://medium.com/backchannel/the-strange-appeal-of-watching-coders-code-5c677b2c34ec

apias:

I imagine that a show that realistically portrayed the lives of Silicon Valley "nerds", would have a very limited audience appeal; probably only of interest to other "nerds", and then only to a subset of those. Although, frankly, I can't believe there's even an audience at all for this:

https://medium.com/backchannel/the-strange-appeal-of-watching-coders-code-5c677b2c34ec

There isnt an audience..esp here .....not surprised !

koko:

Google Vice President Benjamin Sloss Gifts A Ferrari FXX K To His Wife http://thesupercarkids.com/google-vice-president-benjamin-sloss-gifts-a-ferrari-fxx-k-to-his-wife/

1440844353694image.jpg

I guess he wants to get rid of her? Smiley Smiley

If I would buy my wife such a car, I'd certainly want to get rid of her. Smiley

Joking aside: Either this is a publicity stunt or some sort of here I am...again thing or the car is actually for himself. My wife certainly wouldn't appreciate such a gift, no matter how much it costs. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    koko:

1440844353694image.jpg

I guess he wants to get rid of her? Smiley Smiley

If I would buy my wife such a car, I'd certainly want to get rid of her. Smiley

Joking aside: Either this is a publicity stunt or some sort of here I am...again thing or the car is actually for himself. My wife certainly wouldn't appreciate such a gift, no matter how much it costs. Smiley

I think is driven more by Ferrari PR then him - but if it were me - I would have declined the publicity

Maybe under that skirt she is wearing nomex leggings and driving shoes.

apias:

Maybe under that skirt she is wearing nomex leggings and driving shoes.

Smiley Smiley

I don't want to get personal since I do not know the guy or his wife but with that kind of money, I would get my wife a new skirt (one that ends slightly above the knees Smiley) and myself some hair. Smiley Smiley

Joking aside (again Smiley): She probably has a (medical?) reason for wearing that long skirt, so I do not want to get into that further but honestly, I do not understand why people need to make this stuff public? I would share such an event with friends and family (and maybe you guys) but not with the whole world. Unless of course, like some already suggested, this was a Ferrari PR stunt.

Not even sure this is good PR for Google since flaunting wealth never really worked well for big companies (and their employees). Just imagine the outrage if Tim Cook would show off in a La Ferrari... Just saying...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC, come on...

The guy is apparently a very down to earth and modest car guy who is also active on a number of forums. He just happens to have a fair amount of money because he worked for a company that went public and his stock options made him an instant multi millionaire. From what I know of him he's just a normal nice guy that hasn't changed much once he made his money. 

Maybe he doesn't really care that he's bald and maybe his wife is wearing a long skirt because it's hot in Italy compared to San Francisco and a light, cool skirt is more comfortable and more modest when she invariably has to climb into those seats for all the pictures I'm sure they took. 

He bought the 599X at a charity event and was going to Italy for a track event, his wife felt left out so he took her with him and in secret bought her the new one so she could have a car too. Pretty cool husband if you ask me. And the fact that on her first day she was only 3 seconds off the track record tells me she's a pretty good wife!kiss

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Nice car kiss

--

My new blog with automotive & motorcycle renders: tessoart.blogspot.com

Bald is beautiful. No way I would buy hair even if I had all the money in the world. 

Mithras you are correct.Smiley

slawekl:

Mithras you are correct.Smiley

+1 Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

I only see two people in love. Enough said.

--

There is no try. Just do.

Mithras:

And the fact that on her first day she was only 3 seconds off the track record tells me she's a pretty good wife!kiss

That would indeed seem to confirm her interest in and skill at driving fast cars.  Smiley

--

fritz

Mithras:

RC, come on...

The guy is apparently a very down to earth and modest car guy who is also active on a number of forums. He just happens to have a fair amount of money because he worked for a company that went public and his stock options made him an instant multi millionaire. From what I know of him he's just a normal nice guy that hasn't changed much once he made his money. 

Maybe he doesn't really care that he's bald and maybe his wife is wearing a long skirt because it's hot in Italy compared to San Francisco and a light, cool skirt is more comfortable and more modest when she invariably has to climb into those seats for all the pictures I'm sure they took. 

He bought the 599X at a charity event and was going to Italy for a track event, his wife felt left out so he took her with him and in secret bought her the new one so she could have a car too. Pretty cool husband if you ask me. And the fact that on her first day she was only 3 seconds off the track record tells me she's a pretty good wife!kiss

Read the story ...she changed from this skirt into her driving suit and quickly came within three seconds of the best time this twitchier track- only version car has run at Fiorano...with no prior seat time . She would outrun most of us here...forget about OUR wives .

There are lots of "  fast moms " in SV with more training and track time than any of us here. Many are former electrical engineers in their 40s who made instant fortunes 10-20 years ago in the  hundreds of start ups that were bought before IPO and that you have never heard of , esp when networking and IC hardware for smart electronics were blooming . The mom of a daughters  friend owns  stable of cars incl a black Enzo , helicopters , etc., and has a video of herself going 200 mph and whooping at the Texas Mile in her Lambo . Being professionals or engineers, they love talking handling friction circles , etc ! 

Funny...in my neighborhood, 80 % of moms dont  work anymore due to their past  or their husbands current tech  careers.. .but the majority of them have medical, law, doctorates in STEM fields . They just chose to raise kids and be soccer moms . 

Bimbos  or trophy wives would stick out like like trailer trash around Palo Alto. 

So, it looks like I was right about the nomex leggings.

Having  full hair at a certain age is gene conditionally . Having a stable of expensive cars without inheritance is a personal performance.

--

Being polite is so rare these days that it's often confused with flirting.

Turbo:

Having  full hair at a certain age is gene conditionally . Having a stable of expensive cars without inheritance is a personal performance.

Well put. No mention of my wife's hair extensions please.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM