Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor

Couldn't find the old threads Smiley

The Ferrari F12 Speciale / GTO has been caught on camera without any sort of disguise.

Judging by the fact there were several other Ferraris nearby, chances are this higher-performance yellow F12 was spotted at Ferrari's factory in Maranello ahead of a public debut scheduled for mid-September at the Frankfurt Motor Show. The car's design perfectly matches what we saw in those two renders which emerged online towards the end of June, so we are pretty sure this is indeed the beefier F12 Berlinetta expected to be called Speciale or GTO.

Likely a pre-production unit, it comes with carbon fiber applications on the front fenders and side skirts while the rear fenders have triple vents to cool down the upgraded V12 6.3-liter engine which is believed to get an extra 30 bhp (22 kW) for a grand total of 760 bhp (567 kW).

The back of the car hosts a new bumper which isn't what we'd call attractive, but maybe it looks better in higher resolution up-close shots. There's also a more prominent rear spoiler lip while the shape of the rear window is more linear now.

Aside from receiving a new look and more power, the beefier Ferrari F12 Berlinetta is expected to shave off as much as 200 kg (441 lbs), but honestly this seems overly optimistic at this point. Performances should be stellar as combining more power with less weight will enable a 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) sprint in less than 3 seconds.

An online reveal could occur in the weeks to come ahead of a IAA debut this fall.

Re: Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3C_N2h8Vqc

I am quite sure this is going to be one of the "last" n/a engines in a Ferrari, so a no brainer for me. Oh well...if there wasn't that money issue. 

Hopefully Whoopsy gets one for himself, so we can enjoy his experience and photos. indecision

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Agree - this will be for sure one of the last NA engines. 

And - it looks so gorgeous with those skirt gills - amazing!

Very shark like - awesome!

--

2013 BMW 750 xDrive & 2014 x5 & 2014 991 TTS Cab 2014 BMW i3

I think the car looks incredibly ugly, somehow they managed to butchered the beautifully styled F12.

the front is especially bad, the rear fender slits for extracting air from rear fenders just doesn't mesh with the overall styling also. Only part I like is the rear, around the exhaust area, the little grill above reminds me a little of the 918.

As for me getting one, it all depends on if I can have a LaFerrari. I have told them if I get a LaFerrari I will also buy this monstrosity.

--

an example of a beautiful car made ugly by 'improvements' .. only to make it 'special' !

Wait for the real thing... Won't be that bad... They are pretty much sold out anyway already... As far as last of N/A it is not clear for the V12 line.

RC:

I am quite sure this is going to be one of the "last" n/a engines in a Ferrari, so a no brainer for me. Oh well...if there wasn't that money issue. 

unfortunately money does not solve the problem, there is still the internal buyer selection process by ferrari to go through. i hear i have passed the first level of scrutiny and have been passed on to the second level....no idea what that meansSmiley 26

Hopefully Whoopsy gets one for himself, so we can enjoy his experience and photos. indecision

Whoopsy:

I think the car looks incredibly ugly, somehow they managed to butchered the beautifully styled F12.

the front is especially bad, the rear fender slits for extracting air from rear fenders just doesn't mesh with the overall styling also. Only part I like is the rear, around the exhaust area, the little grill above reminds me a little of the 918.

As for me getting one, it all depends on if I can have a LaFerrari. I have told them if I get a LaFerrari I will also buy this monstrosity.

Well, if you don't like it, I am sure you'll find someone to sell it to, maybe even at a premium.

Unless of course you are in a generous mood and don't care about the money. Then just send me the key, I am even willing to pick up the car personally at your house in Canada. Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Ferrari F12 Versione Speciale Debuts at IAA 2015 Alongside 488 Spider

Whoopsy:

Fully agree.

pmarkow:
    RC:

unfortunately money does not solve the problem, there is still the internal buyer selection process by ferrari to go through. i hear i have passed the first level of scrutiny and have been passed on to the second level....no idea what that meansSmiley 26

Hope you get it Smiley

SciFrog:

Wait for the real thing... Won't be that bad... They are pretty much sold out anyway already... As far as last of N/A it is not clear for the V12 line.

Having seen it - I can assure everyone that it looks much better in person. However, looks are always subjective so everyone is naturally entitled to their opinion Smiley . I have kept quiet out of respect for the reveal process, but now that these photos have been leaked, here are a few titbits. The designers have throughout linked changes to performance and endeavoured very hard to avoid the "tuner " look and reduce weight . This car has enormous visual presence whether you like it or not. What is not subjective is the performance which is absolutely astonishing and accompanied by a Ferrari V12 soundtrack that is reason enough to buy it let alone looks and performance. Now which colour to go for Smiley ?

My friend was at the private viewing last week. I too will not spoil the reveal, but the figures are quite amazing. Especially in the aero department!

I'm not sure about the looks either. It does look very wild and over the top compared from the GTO to the 599. It has very little F12 DNA left aesthetically. I also really, really dislike those wheels Smiley

I'm sure it will still be a spectactular car to drive.

Sending my spec in at the end of the month. Any suggestions?

Mike S:

My friend was at the private viewing last week. I too will not spoil the reveal, but the figures are quite amazing. Especially in the aero department!

I'm not sure about the looks either. It does look very wild and over the top compared from the GTO to the 599. It has very little F12 DNA left aesthetically. I also really, really dislike those wheels Smiley

I'm sure it will still be a spectactular car to drive.

Sending my spec in at the end of the month. Any suggestions?

Carbon is a major feature of the car so something that contrasts with it was a thought I had - Bianco Italia or Fuji perhaps? I think the Grigios and Blues which fit the front engined V12s so well historically do not fit the ethos of this car which you rightly say is wild. Hence be brave! You need them to darken the wheels whichever main colour you opt for. If you go red it needs to be a triple layer one like Rosso Fuoco or Novo Rosso F1 or even Mugello.

Black, blacker than a black hole, to hide all the unsightly lines and weird appendix(s).  It looks best if it looks like a glob of black without any features even at 6 inches away. 

But on a more serious note, I would do a 2 tone TdF Blue with grigio argento accents. 

--

Whoopsy:

Black, blacker than a black hole, to hide all the unsightly lines and weird appendix(s).  It looks best if it looks like a glob of black without any features even at 6 inches away. 

But on a more serious note, I would do a 2 tone TdF Blue with grigio argento accents. 

Is that why you went black on your F12 Smiley

Part of it. So I won't remind myself every time I walk past it that it's wear a G string and it's ass looks nicer than my wife's 

--

Whoopsy:

Part of it. So I won't remind myself every time I walk past it that it's wear a G string and it's ass looks nicer than my wife's 

Same reasoning on your FF as well?

Yes. The FF's ass reminds of of my own ass per my wife's words. 

As for the 918, the reason for black was to highlight the acid green trim colours. 

--

Whoopsy:

I agree.

The thing about the special cars like these are that if they were so damn universally good looking, they would have made the normal models look like this and sold way better.

Almost all the super low volume and one-off cars are very hit or miss and they'd never be able to sell nearly as many as they do normal ones.

Let's hope it looks better than the pictures. It reminds me of the old Datsun Z. Maybe Ferrari came out with this design to shadow the FF? Not good to have only one ugly duckling.

--

Of little, to make much: That is the dream of a human life.

Whoopsy:

you are so right. don't buy this monstrosity, you cannot possibly think of parking it next to the design icon 918 in your garage, ferry porsche would turn in his grave. 

just call ferrari and tell them that you found someone to provide humanitarian relief: i will take your allocation and promise not to wash the car for at least one year so that the whole world will be faced with this horrifying and then smelly monstrosity. ferrari will learn the lesson!!!!!

Smiley 21

You get a deal if Ferrari send a LaFerrari my way!! smiley

--

Whoopsy:

You get a deal if Ferrari send a LaFerrari my way!! smiley

another monstrosity i would take from you to relieve your burden::::)))))
    p

BiTurbo:

Couldn't find the old threads Smiley

The Ferrari F12 Speciale / GTO has been caught on camera ....

The problem I have had with front engined V12 Ferraris  since the 550 is .....they all seem kinda similar to another contemporary front engined, long snout, short deck sports car : 

LaFerraris are all gone by now. Maybe u should gun for a used a one.

KresoF1:
    Whoopsy:

Fully agree.

Same here. Smiley

Hopefully it looks better in person.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

koko:

LaFerraris are all gone by now. Maybe u should gun for a used a one.

On paper. Still a lot of the allocations to be produced. And a lot of the Chinese customers are afraid to take delivery. They would rather lose their deposit than losing their life. 

The anti-graft campaign in China is in full swing and just about everyone is afraid to stand out.

I was told there are quite few 918s abandoned at dealerships there as the buyers are not willing to take delivery because of fear for their lives. 

I would never pay above MSRP for a car, well maybe I might if I go crazy like Futch and get a F1. But that would be the only car that I am willing to. 

As far as I know, my dealer's only LaFerrari for the other customer is still in the queue, and can still be changed to my name if they wanted to. They REALLY REALLY want to sell me that but not yet willing to alienate the other customer yet.  

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    662816 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    401361 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254620 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    229337 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59763 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4386 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853615 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    762135 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM