Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Aventador and SV

Give me a Tesla with a McLaren F1 LM body and upgraded interior and I'll never buy another car again. All performance is irrelevant nowadays, so just give me a cool car and I'll be happy.

S-Class is nice, but it's still lame as fuck.

noone1:

S-Class is nice, but it's still lame as fuck.

True but it fits your description.

get an I8 then.

next i8 will have 700 hp kiss

--

1991 BMW 535i Granitsilber/White Leather

Ex: '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

Atzporsche:

next i8 will have 700 hp kiss

And will still sound like crap... Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:

I would take the Aventador SV over the 675 anytime because of the sound only...

If you drove the two back to back (road or track).  I think you would take the LT, and I am surprised that I am saying that as a devotee like you of the Italian V12 sound. It's just that the LT is so much more rewarding to drive. I suppose it also depends what else in the garage too.

911 turbo S

crayphile:
    RC:

I would take the Aventador SV over the 675 anytime because of the sound only...

If you drove the two back to back (road or track).  I think you would take the LT, and I am surprised that I am saying that as a devotee like you of the Italian V12 sound. It's just that the LT is so much more rewarding to drive. I suppose it also depends what else in the garage too.

Of course... Smiley

I would still get the Aventador SV if it were my only "supercar". If I could own both though... Smiley

Still would have loved to get a Huracan but at least I got the next best thing to it. Smiley

The 675LT is an amazing driver's car, Futch loves it and seems to prefer it over any car he owns when it comes to the pure sportscar driving experience but we all know that emotions play a huge role in this and Futch has some other cars to choose from, so I'm not surprised the 675LT is one of his favorites.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Upsa:

911 turbo S

Compared to Aventador SV and 675LT? No way. I wouldn't even exchange my R8 V10 Plus for a Turbo S. Smiley

Let's just hope that Porsche will re-enter the emotional game with the new GT2 RS. Smiley

--

RC:
    Upsa:

911 turbo S

Compared to Aventador SV and 675LT? No way. I wouldn't even exchange my R8 V10 Plus for a Turbo SSmiley

Let's just hope that Porsche will re-enter the emotional game with the new GT2 RS. Smiley

Can't blame you, just walking towards the V10 powered R8 makes it that much special to fire up the engine Smiley

I was at my Lambo dealer couple of days ago and apparently, they no longer are accepting orders for the Aventador Smiley

1. Aventador FL is about to be revealed by 3/2017, the single clutch will not be replaced by DCT as far as they've heard from Sant'Agata.

2. Huracan (SL Version) is being prepared for Frankfurt Motorshow and will be the next big thing for them.

I'm hoping for a limited quantity of manuals in the FL Aventador (only in my head), it could force me to swap out my G for the A. Yes, the V12 sounds effin' good and with their optional sport exhaust, there's nothing to worry about (fire, meltdowns on the higway, flame thrower, cops pulling you over....)

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2017-lamborghini-aventador-get-more-aggressive-aero-package

One Aventador has been spotted on the side of the road in Hangzhou, China, with its boot opened and white smoke surrounding it. Not good. Not good at all...

Taking a second look at the images, which have been posted on a local website, there seems to be some kind of fluid on the tarmac, which might or might not indicate some issue with the radiators.

The incident must have given the Lambo's occupants a good scare, but the police was quick to arrive at the scene, and by the time the fire fighters responded, there wasn’t much to do, since the officer had already cooled things down.

Happily for the Aventador's owner, a young man who had outfitted his Lambo with a Mansory body kit and a new set of wheels, his expensive ride wasn’t engulfed in flames so, whatever the damage, it sure is much lighter than many other cases when all that's left is a pile of melted composites and scorched metal.

As far as I heard, those fire incidents with the Aventador seem always to be related to aftermarket exhaust mods and/or improper usage of heat shielding after installing an aftermarket exhaust system. Also, the OEM Lamborghini exhaust isn't supposed to fire flames out of the exhaust pipes and there are specific mods which allow doing that, which of course can also lead to the car catching fire. Not a good idea...

A rumor, started by a German car enthusiast and tuning "expert" who also owns an Aventador, that there is a fuel tank ventilation leading close to the exhaust, has been already denied by Lamborghini. The German KBA (the authority responsible for technical certifications in Germany) has been investigating this but apparently all cars going up in flames were modded.

--

So you will overthink tuning your R8Smiley Smiley

--

Kind regards, Conny 

Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016) BMW 740xDrive (2016)

Conny997:

The Aventador uses a V12 engine... Smiley

The only tuning I would do on my car is the ABT tuning soon available and only because ABT works closely with Quattro GmbH on this and because it would be possible to get approval from my Audi dealer and Volkswagen Leasing for this tuning (no kidding). However, I need to wait to see the final numbers and if it is worth it.

Right now I heard something about 30-40 hp more over the whole rev range, which would be great but unfortunately not only software but also a fuel cooling radiator, which makes the whole thing probably expensive (could be around 10k without sport exhaust...). Even more power would be possible but the current DCT used in the new R8 is not good for more torque (the R8 has 560 Nm torque and it is artificially limited, usually it would be slightly over 600).

We'll see... Smiley

Oh...top speed would stay basically the same, no difference but they expect 0.5 seconds faster from 0-200 kph and over two seconds from 0-300 kph. Doesn't sound like much but if it costs not more than 5k and I keep my warranty (almost 5 years and up to 100000 km), I'm in. Smiley

--

RC:
    Conny997:

The Aventador uses a V12 engine... Smiley

The only tuning I would do on my car is the ABT tuning soon available and only because ABT works closely with Quattro GmbH on this and because it would be possible to get approval from my Audi dealer and Volkswagen Leasing for this tuning (no kidding). However, I need to wait to see the final numbers and if it is worth it.

Right now I heard something about 30-40 hp more over the whole rev range, which would be great but unfortunately not only software but also a fuel cooling radiator, which makes the whole thing probably expensive (could be around 10k without sport exhaust...). Even more power would be possible but the current DCT used in the new R8 is not good for more torque (the R8 has 560 Nm torque and it is artificially limited, usually it would be slightly over 600).

We'll see... Smiley

Oh...top speed would stay basically the same, no difference but they expect 0.5 seconds faster from 0-200 kph and over two seconds from 0-300 kph. Doesn't sound like much but if it costs not more than 5k and I keep my warranty (almost 5 years and up to 100000 km), I'm in. Smiley

Christian being an atmo engine I don't think any kind of tuning will be worth the money you'll spend to gain tens to 300kph , you'll barely feel the power difference and your bank account will be suffering a good hit. It's not like a Turbo where you can gain easily 80/90hp and not spending a huge amount of money, with Turbo engines you really feel the  power difference and it's worth every penny. Still I'm curious to see what you're going to do, but it's not easy to mess with perfection and the stock V10 it's a master piece that don't need to be touch to put your blood running hot Smiley..

--

J.Seven

Well, two seconds from 0-300 kph are quite a lot, believe it or not.  For the Autobahn, not something you can ignore.

You are right however, I would never really tune this car in any other way. If ABT (basically the only semi-officially "approved" Audi tuner, apparently MTM will join the club soon as well...) offers an engine tuning which doesn't require major mods and which wouldn't void my warranty/lease contract, I am in if it costs less than 10k (with hardware mods) or up to 5k (software only).

The 30-40 hp I mentioned are over the whole rev range, which is huge. It doesn't sound like much but it is quite a lot of a n/a engine and keep in mind that they cannot raise the torque too much (gearbox). Warranty would still be in effect, so no worries here. 

Right now ABT seems to wait until the Huracan Superleggera gets official, then let's see what happens next.

Another possibility would be to get the R8 facelift in four years or so and save my money but so far, it is still not known if the facelift keeps the V10 engine. angry

--

RC:

Well, two seconds from 0-300 kph are quite a lot, believe it or not.  For the Autobahn, not something you can ignore.

You are right however, I would never really tune this car in any other way. If ABT (basically the only semi-officially "approved" Audi tuner, apparently MTM will join the club soon as well...) offers an engine tuning which doesn't require major mods and which wouldn't void my warranty/lease contract, I am in if it costs less than 10k (with hardware mods) or up to 5k (software only).

The 30-40 hp I mentioned are over the whole rev range, which is huge. It doesn't sound like much but it is quite a lot of a n/a engine and keep in mind that they cannot raise the torque too much (gearbox). Warranty would still be in effect, so no worries here. 

Right now ABT seems to wait until the Huracan Superleggera gets official, then let's see what happens next.

Another possibility would be to get the R8 facelift in four years or so and save my money but so far, it is still not known if the facelift keeps the V10 engine. angry

Lambo will be getting maximum 40hp more for this engine on the SL and the mods will be huge I'm sure, so no MTM or ABT will get there with easy money, we're talking for sure more than 10k for an upgrade of this size. And don't worry with R8 facelift in 4 years, by then you'll have the courage enought to presents all with the real thing, Huracan SL Smiley Smiley

--

J.Seven

J.Seven:
    RC:

Lambo will be getting maximum 40hp more for this engine on the SL and the mods will be huge I'm sure, so no MTM or ABT will get there with easy money, we're talking for sure more than 10k for an upgrade of this size. And don't worry with R8 facelift in 4 years, by then you'll have the courage enought to presents all with real thing, Huracan SL Smiley Smiley

I'm afraid things are a bit more simple in the case of the R8.

Fun facts:

- The current R8 engine is 100% (not 99% or 95%...100%) the same engine, up to the last bolt, used in the current R8 LMS race car. The race version has a little bit less power because of the different injection system and regulations. Yes, including a real dry sump lubrification system, bla bla bla. Not even the GT3 or GT3 RS are that much related to their race version(s).

- The R8 V10 base model (with 540 hp) and the R8 V10 Plus model (with 610 hp) have the same engine. Not similar, not almost similar, absolutely 100% identical. Only a different software!

- The R8 V10 Plus engine with 610 hp has been artificially torque limited to 560 Nm because of the DCT gearbox used in the car. Due to the completely new and improved AWD technology, they couldn't use a different DCT gearbox which is good for more torque.

That said, I do not think that the Huracan SL will have much changes regarding the engine. Actually, I think it will be basically the same engine with a different software and some thermodynamical (cooling) improvements. One way ABT wants to raise power on this engine is by software...and a high capacity fuel cooling radiator. So I guess they are going the same way like the Huracan SL developers, probably for a reason (ABT is very close to VW/Audi/Bentley development).

I will certainly wait for my decision until the Huracan SL shows up, so I know what has been changed.

Btw: After the Huracan SL shows up, one year later, the Audi R8 GT should be available. Smiley

--

My SV Roadster arrived today. The colour is Blue Sideris ( 4 layer paint, and worth every penny). These quick shots barely do it justice  - it varies with light as all these multilayer paints do and comes alive under showroom lights and bright sunlight. The engine has not had the mapping upgrade that the Coupe has had so the exhaust is not as loud (yet) and pick up less aggressive, but the gearbox on this MY17 seems better. I did plenty of town and motorway driving today so difficult to do a true comparison till the software upgrade and some real spirited country road driving. In the meantime please enjoy...

14752658939382.jpg
    14752658939131.jpg
    14752658939504.jpg
    14752658939453.jpg14752659151115.jpg14752659261336.jpg14752659413677.jpg10.jpg
    9.jpg

Deeply cool spec and car, nothing quite sounds like an Aventador coming your way, that deep chested complex multi-cylinder symphony. 

I do always wonder if I would be able to drive one (a Lambo that is), especially one this flash. At times I feel my orange RS already attracts too much attention... yes Cheers to you for having and driving all these exotics!

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E / 2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2013 MINI John Cooper Works GP / 2014 BMW Alpina D3 biturbo Touring

Porker:

I do always wonder if I would be able to drive one (a Lambo that is), especially one this flash. At times I feel my orange RS already attracts too much attention... yes Cheers to you for having and driving all these exotics!

I now what you mean, but I have learned to completey tune out those around me and just focus on my driving or if at a standstill/ crawling  - keep looking straight ahead and listen to the radio / iPod .

OMG, beautifull. Congrats again

La Blue, Arancio and Verde are the best exterior colors on the Aventador  kiss

I love this color !! Beautiful !

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Never mind the Lambo....... have you got into modern classics and bought a Rover 75 in the second photo? smiley

ISUK:

Never mind the Lambo....... have you got into modern classics and bought a Rover 75 in the second photo? smiley

Well spottedSmiley.  I think it is the MG variant. Do you still have the Huracan?

I do still have the Huracan and can't envisage changing it for some time as I'm not a fan of the 488's styling at all and the Huracan Spyder is short on cabin space. To be honest though I've found myself taking my Boxster spyder out far more than the Lamborghini as I can park it almost anywhere and not worry about it.

Awesome, such an amazing car! Congrats!

--

2016 Cayman GT4 - 1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2016 Macan S Diesel - 2013 Mini Cooper S

Beautiful! Ditto the blue 488 in the other thread. Congratulations!

@Carphile

Oh my goshhhh - what a car! This is the utmost supercar! AMAZING spec, excellent color. This thing looks like from another planet!

Enjoy it and drive safely!

S., this car is just breathtaking...amazing choice, I envy so much (I know that the gearbox isn't perfect but this car is just a dream come true, enjoy in good health and drive the hell out of it Smiley). Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690593 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409848 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256064 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235292 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65721 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4715 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858508 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774780 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM