Crown

Board: AMG Mercedes Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: AMG GT Thread Closed

Way too many important posts in this thread were lost in data loss. So, your post is kind of pointless. Sorry.

I won't get AMG GT-S after all. Long live the Porsche.

KresoF1:

Smiley

What are you getting? (Sorry, everything is a blur after the dataloss I no longer remember)

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

Sharing my impressions after posts were lost, particularly since most people haven't seen the car yet,  is apparently pointless.  Not everything is all about you buddy. :p

KresoF1:

Oh? What are the reasons? I gave up on the GT-S idea a long time ago after realising that it is too refined for what I want. It is very good value here in Australia too, but waiting list is now 18 months. 

bluelines:
    KresoF1:

Smiley

What are you getting? (Sorry, everything is a blur after the dataloss I no longer remember)

Porsche. More soon...

KresoF1:

Porsche. More soon...

GT4... Kreso Edition Smiley

--

bluelines:
    KresoF1:

Porsche. More soon...

991....S PDK Stone Roses Edition

KresoF1:
    bluelines:
    KresoF1:

Porsche. More soon...

991....S PDK Stone Roses Edition

Smiley Smiley

--

The infamous Carrera "RS"?

SciFrog:

No, "SR" Smiley Smiley

--

bluelines:
    SciFrog:

No, "SR" Smiley Smiley

Well... You know what SR is. Smiley

Kreso,

You surprised me. I thought you have ordered the GT. Then something went wrong and now not an Audi R8 you ordered a 991.

Hope you can post us here few pictures we are excitedly waiting to see the special baby.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

ALDO:

Kreso,

You surprised me. I thought you have ordered the GT. Then something went wrong and now not an Audi R8 you ordered a 991.

Hope you can post us here few pictures we are excitedly waiting to see the special baby.

Adnan,

AMG GT-S order went from bad to akward scenario. In the end I stepped out.

Audi R8? Local Audi importer (via Porsche Austria which VAG distributors from Czech Republic to Serbia) will start the sale of new R8 from September with first deliveries in January 2016.

Local Porsche importer do not have any allocation for 991.1 models. So, solution was to talk to my brother(which lives in Germany) and to order the car at his PZ. Delivery is soon. Pics? I will post as many as possible from delivery experience onward.

KresoF1:
    ALDO:

Kreso,

Adnan,

Audi R8? Local Audi importer (via Porsche Austria which VAG distributors from Czech Republic to Serbia) will start the sale of new R8 from September with first deliveries in January 2016.

Local Porsche importer do not have any allocation for 991.1 models. So, solution was to talk to my brother(which lives in Germany) and to order the car at his PZ. Delivery is soon. Pics? I will post as many as possible from delivery experience onward.

Great news! I guess you will be more happy with the 991 than the GT.

I know some guys which moved form the 991 towards the GT - they all still love the GT, but they all admit it is less a sports car. 

KresoF1:

991.1? You are getting a GTS?

--

"Form follows function"

KresoF1:
    ALDO:

Kreso,

Adnan,

As we had data loss here on Rennteam we lost all your comments how superior the GT is over 991. So what can go wrong not to get one?? You could order it in Germany, Austria, .... 

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

Yes, I could get it from Germany without any problem.

But, I had pretty extended test drive few weeks ago when my brother's bus8ness partner visited me here in Zagreb with his AMG GT-S. Car is very, very good overall and especially gearbox setup is excellent. 

But, steering is too direct for my taste and even little bit too nervous. For example AMG GT-S do not like viaduct junctions on our local autobahns (or highways) and you need to keep steering wheel firmly even at city speed. Also, traction is very good for rwd sportscar with front engine but, Carrera GTS has even better traction and is more confidence inspiring car. Same can be said for 991.1 Turbo S. 

And if you are referring that I was little bit overenthusiastic towards AMG GT-S you are right. I can admit that without any problem. 

Btw, enjoy your 991 GT3 RS when it arrives.  Truly awsome machine.

KresoF1:

Yes, I could get it from Germany without any problem.

But, I had pretty extended test drive few weeks ago when my brother's bus8ness partner visited me here in Zagreb with his AMG GT-S. Car is very, very good overall and especially gearbox setup is excellent. 

But, steering is too direct for my taste and even little bit too nervous. For example AMG GT-S do not like viaduct junctions on our local autobahns (or highways) and you need to keep steering wheel firmly even at city speed. Also, traction is very good for rwd sportscar with front engine but, Carrera GTS has even better traction and is more confidence inspiring car. Same can be said for 991.1 Turbo S. 

And if you are referring that I was little bit overenthusiastic towards AMG GT-S you are right. I can admit that without any problem. 

Btw, enjoy your 991 GT3 RS when it arrives.  Truly awsome machine.

I hope that mine will be in October delivered ...

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

Still thinking of the AMG GT S but I think a roadster version of this car would be fantastic. 

Have you seen the latest SLS prices in Germany? Absolutely insane. Lars was so lucky he got a car for that kind of price. Now they are extremely expensive.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:

Still thinking of the AMG GT S but I think a roadster version of this car would be fantastic. 

Have you seen the latest SLS prices in Germany? Absolutely insane. Lars was so lucky he got a car for that kind of price. Now they are extremely expensive.

Indeed.... 3 yrs ago before ordering the 991 I thought about the SLS AMG and checked a used black one which was around 120,000 EUR. I liked it (ah, those doors...) but decided against it because it' was too wide for my liking/intended use (+ missing rear seats)  -- now they are 3 years older and around 200,000 EUR. Crazy.

RC:

Smiley yep... I kind of smelled it. Nevertheless I was looking 6 months for the right car and it was super difficult. At the end I got an insane deal for an insane car - guess I indeed was very lucky!

RC:

Saw an AMG GT S next to a current SL the other day and thought the same. The SL really pales in comparison. 

There are over 70(!) GT S available in the German Mercedes Benz used car locator system. Mostly priced between 140 and 160k EUR, with low mileage. Interesting.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:

There are over 70(!) GT S available in the German Mercedes Benz used car locator system. Mostly priced between 140 and 160k EUR, with low mileage. Interesting.

they are making many more GTs than SLSs ..

that means that used prices will plummet in the usual Mercedes fashion soon enough

sfo:
    RC:

they are making many more GTs than SLSs ..

that means that used prices will plummet in the usual Mercedes fashion soon enough

I guess the same.

My MB dealer told me that he expect GT (without S) will start in the low 90s by end of the year with mild usage. .... thus saying - you will see in the next 3 years many cars around 70k on the used car market similar to R8/911/etc. Will be interesting to see that. 

Also - upcoming GT-R (GT3 Version) / GT-Black Series and maybe a Roadster will increase pressure towards the price.

Saw an amazing looking black "old" R8 GT yesterday, a real beauty. Very exotic looking but not as offensive as a Ferrari. Just the right "mix". I know that the R8 GT cannot even keep up with the 991 Turbo S but it sounds amazing and it looks very nice too.

--

DSC_9606.jpg

--

Nice one bluelines!kiss

Got the chance to drive some cars from the AMG lineup on an AMG Performance Tour Event at Red Bull Ring. Ive driven all cars on track and also on an mixed technical instruction course with watered slip and skidpads also with ESP off.

A45 AMG
    CLA 45 AMG

CLA is heavier and you feel it. The A45 performed better but both with noticable turbo lag and understeering all the way. Not my cup of tea. 

CLS 63 AMG S
    E 63 AMG S

Liked the E more. This car ""goes" and i didnt expect that it worked out that good on the track. On the slip pad a little bit unpredictable.

C 63 AMG
    C 63 AMG S

Imho the best bang for the buck in the hole AMG lineup but you need to go for the S with the mechanical slip diff. Fun on the slip pad with ESP off but on the track sometimes traction issues especially for the standard C63 in tight corners.

SL 63 AMG

Not that bad as it looks like :)

AMG GT S

disappointed overall, straight line not better then C 63 AMG S and imho more GT then track car. It needs min. 100 HP more, little bit firmer suspension and better ESP setup. Even in sport+ handling mode very strict ESP interventions.

Seen also the C63 AMG S Coupe.

Overall good brakes on all cars, ESP setup should be improved on all cars, didnt liked the sound from the 90 degrees crankshaft but thats personal taste.

Many thanks for those impressions; most of us will not have the,opportunity to attend such an event.  Though, are you maybe just a bit spoiled by your McLaren when you drive all these?  

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    775917 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441008 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262381 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260567 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84972 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5450 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880038 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815010 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM