Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 991.2 and future models Thread Closed

Looks good, but this engine grill is killing me enlightened They fixed the front, but messed with the rear...

--

I like what I see, front and rear... 

RC:
    Mithras:
    RC:
    Wonderbar:

RC, life is full of surprises.  And though I have no "inside" information, over the years I have always placed my bets on Porsche.

I seriously fell out of love with Porsche in the 1980's.  But now I am really impressed again.  If only I could buy at least three more--a GT3 RS, a Turbo S and a Boxster Spyder.  Then I would wave to everyone from Heaven...

These two would be on my shopping list as well, maybe Porsche should offer some sort of discount for buyers of more Porsche or some sort of subscription model? Smiley

Btw: I did receive an offer from my McLaren dealer for a 650S Spider (price around 255k EUR). 1600 EUR per month (36 months, 10k km per year) and 50k EUR initial payment. If I had the possibility right now, I would try the 650S Spider for three years. Tempting (all prices incl. 19% VAT).
    --

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

So 100EUR a day to have a 650S Spyder for 3 years. Not too bad when  you think of it that way but I would be interested in seeing what the balloon is at the end (even though you wouldn't do it).

Not sure I understand what you mean. This is a mileage lease, meaning there is no risk with residual value or whatever. You drive 10k km per year and after 36 months, you leave the car and the keys at the dealer and you're done. No hidden cost. So could you please explain what you mean? Smiley

I think that he is wondering if there is a buyout price at the end of the lease if you decide to keep the car. As he states, he is aware that you would not exercise that option.

Gladstone:
    RC:
    Mithras:
    RC:
    Wonderbar:

RC, life is full of surprises.  And though I have no "inside" information, over the years I have always placed my bets on Porsche.

I seriously fell out of love with Porsche in the 1980's.  But now I am really impressed again.  If only I could buy at least three more--a GT3 RS, a Turbo S and a Boxster Spyder.  Then I would wave to everyone from Heaven...

These two would be on my shopping list as well, maybe Porsche should offer some sort of discount for buyers of more Porsche or some sort of subscription model? Smiley

Btw: I did receive an offer from my McLaren dealer for a 650S Spider (price around 255k EUR). 1600 EUR per month (36 months, 10k km per year) and 50k EUR initial payment. If I had the possibility right now, I would try the 650S Spider for three years. Tempting (all prices incl. 19% VAT).
    --

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

So 100EUR a day to have a 650S Spyder for 3 years. Not too bad when  you think of it that way but I would be interested in seeing what the balloon is at the end (even though you wouldn't do it).

Not sure I understand what you mean. This is a mileage lease, meaning there is no risk with residual value or whatever. You drive 10k km per year and after 36 months, you leave the car and the keys at the dealer and you're done. No hidden cost. So could you please explain what you mean? Smiley

I think that he is wondering if there is a buyout price at the end of the lease if you decide to keep the car. As he states, he is aware that you would not exercise that option.

Exactly. I know you (RC) don't buy cars after the lease ends, you just give them back. Totally understand the reasonings and rewards for doing a lease like that. 

And on a pure cashflow basis that deal for a 650S looks really interesting. I was just wondering what the buyout would be at the end to work out the cost that way (I keep my cars longer than you do), so 160k EUR buyout at the end is good, 200K EUR buyout at the end is bad. Gives you the interest rate as well. 

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Check this out:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqOdgFzcoiw

KresoF1:

Check this out:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqOdgFzcoiw

The car looks great! 

Ein Pro beim 991.2, er bekommt die große PCCB vom Turbo S.
    Für den PCCB Aufpreis die kleine 350er, alte PCCB ist eher ein "Witz" beim .1. Richtigerweise hat RC die auch nicht bestellt, obwohl er PCCB Fan ist.

Stahlbremse 380er ??

Innen habe ich keine Unterschiede außer dem Lenkrad erkannt.

Motorgitter leider häßlich.

Thanks! I like the look of the car! Cool Video but i doubt it was coincidence this car was filmed on that place! We´ve seen this thing in the past specially with the 997 introduction! I suposse oficial photos wont take very long!

--
    This is the way this post ends, not with a bang but with a wisper, WOSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It's a facelift of minor proportions. Personally, I don't like the tailpipe separation or vents in the rear lid much. The front and sides have a few minor touches. Smaller front turn signal lights. Depends on your taste but I'm sure there are reasons affecting functionality.

acky:

Ein Pro beim 991.2, er bekommt die große PCCB vom Turbo S.
    Für den PCCB Aufpreis die kleine 350er, alte PCCB ist eher ein "Witz" beim .1. Richtigerweise hat RC die auch nicht bestellt, obwohl er PCCB Fan ist.

Stahlbremse 380er ??

Innen habe ich keine Unterschiede außer dem Lenkrad erkannt.

Motorgitter leider häßlich.

Yes, the 991.2 gets the larger PCCB brake from the Turbo/S models and yes, I didn't order my beloved PCCB brake because it looks basically the same as the steel brake, just with yellow calipers. Bummer. Also, I couldn't order the GTS package with yellow stitching, something I never really understood. Getting red PCCB calipers was also (almost) impossible.

Yes, the 991.2 I saw had the twin exhaust pipes (PSE or GTS, still not clear I'm afraid) and the 380(?)mm steel brake, at least the brake discs looked larger than on  my GTS.

In the interior, you won't notice much difference, also some cars had the new(?) PCM display "covered", so it looked similar to the old one.

Overall, I can only say that the engines won't disappoint as much as anticipated but some of the 911 Carrera soul will disappear in a way or another.

--

Is this car really the 911R, GT, or whatever the new NA Manual GT car is called or just a regular Carrera 991 facelift?

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/07/20/porsche-911-gt-undisguised-spy-shots/

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

No. It is 991.2 Carrera S. Check out youtube link that I posted few posts earlier.

Even happier now that I went with the California T over the Turbo S.  I think the only 911s these days that are peaking my interest are the GT3/GT3RS (different than what the Turbo S/Cali T is, I know).  

I will say this... I think Ferrari has done an excellent job combating some of the negative effects of turbocharging (their exhaust note and torque delivery system).  Wonder why other manufacturers aren't replicating?

KresoF1:

No. It is 991.2 Carrera S. Check out youtube link that I posted few posts earlier.

Thanks

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

FINALLY they put the new steering wheel in! :)

keithos27:

Even happier now that I went with the California T over the Turbo S.  I think the only 911s these days that are peaking my interest are the GT3/GT3RS (different than what the Turbo S/Cali T is, I know).  

I will say this... I think Ferrari has done an excellent job combating some of the negative effects of turbocharging (their exhaust note and torque delivery system).  Wonder why other manufacturers aren't replicating?

I am sorry but I cannot agree. Yes, the new turbo charged engines from Ferrari are powerful and deliver great performance but the exhaust/engine sound is not really what I expect from a Ferrari, sorry to say that. The new Mercedes AMG GT S sounds better than the California T in my opinion, actually maybe even better than the new 488. Yes, performance is amazing with these new Ferrari models, especially compared to their predecessors but the sound...not really great. Smiley

--

RC:
    keithos27:

I am sorry but I cannot agree. Yes, the new turbo charged engines from Ferrari are powerful and deliver great performance but the exhaust/engine sound is not really what I expect from a Ferrari, sorry to say that. The new Mercedes AMG GT S sounds better than the California T in my opinion, actually maybe even better than the new 488. Yes, performance is amazing with these new Ferrari models, especially compared to their predecessors but the sound...not really great. Smiley

And here I disagree, haha.  I think the Ferrari sounds better than the AMG turbo.  To each their own.  Regardless of which you like better, the point is that some technology/strategy works to produce a more desirable sound out of a turbocharged engine.  Porsche should offer that option via a PSE or something to those of us that would want it (I understand Turbo in the Porsche range is just as much about luxury as it is performance).

RC:
    keithos27:

Fully agree with you. I would never buy Cali T instead of 991.1 Turbo S Coupe. Porsche is not faster but, in overall drive dynamics much, much more capable car. Even AMG GT-S is more capable then Cali T in drive dynamics. Btw, is it me or all Ferrari's are little bit too soft in overall suspension settings? 

Cali is convertible, the others you mention are not. You cannot compare them, in drive fell once the top is open the coupe cars have no chance (sensations fresh from yesterday one hour open top drive with my wife AND my to kids).

The ideal California would have been a classic coupe with more rear room when the folding top is removed and a cabrio version with a a fabric roof.

Coupe/Cabrios give the worst of both worlds. A quality fabric roof doesn't depreciate the image and prestige of a car; look at Bentley and Rolls Royce.

--

"Form follows function"

That was one thing I actually preferred about the Cali T over the 991 cab... Not a fan of fabric roofs personally.  To each their own.  :)

SciFrog:

Cali is convertible, the others you mention are not. You cannot compare them, in drive fell once the top is open the coupe cars have no chance (sensations fresh from yesterday one hour open top drive with my wife AND my to kids).

Tell me one thing-what kind of ambiente temperature is suitable for cabrio open top driving? Currently we have here in Zagreb 36-38 degrees Celsius.  Way too much for open top driving IMO. On Adriatic coast temperature is similat and long term forecast is predicting very warm August and September. 

I am asking since I saw today Bentley Conti Cabrio driven by mid age lady with top up. AC is much better then 36 degrees Celsius...

Sorry for going off topic.

Morning and evenings are perfect for open top driving. Short trips during the day too if in shaded areas... So you can't drive open in the summer? That leaves you another 8 months to do so...

Even 991 have a hard roof, just covered with cloth. It is silly... Hard roof works good. The Cali could use a couple more inches in the rear... That is the ONLY critic I have with it... But my kids are still fine at 9 and 5, they even prefer it to the 612...

Not once I wished my non magride Cali was firmer.

Back on topic...

Manual fans are going crazy...

Porscheinetto...

From dust till...

Standard brakes...

Optional PCCBs...

Fuel efficient...

So are the tailpipes in the middle the optional PSE ? In the third last photo you can see the a Targa with normal tailpipes.

--

Porsche 911 GT3 - Guards Red 997 MKII Clubsport

also, are the headlights staying the same? I remember reading a rumour here that they were going to revise them and flatten the glass, yet on the photos they look the same Smiley

--

Porsche 911 GT3 - Guards Red 997 MKII Clubsport

Two big pipes = PSE

PDK modes have 4 programms

Headlights are more or less the same

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688736 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408786 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255563 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234818 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65406 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857653 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773515 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM