Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Huracán Performante in "6.52 something" at the Ring?

I can confirm the 6:52 time.

And there will be no rear wheel steering on the car.

But it have independent active aero on the both sides of the car, it will tigger depending on which side the car is turning to help with cornering grip.

--

crayphile:
    sfo:

I saw an Aventador SV in a deep red at London Lamborghini .. I had to drag myself away

That is my car!

why are you selling such a beast?

the paint is just lush, it has such presence, and yet it's not shouty

sfo:
    crayphile:
    sfo:

I saw an Aventador SV in a deep red at London Lamborghini .. I had to drag myself away

That is my car!

No need for both Coupe & Roadster, so the Coupe is going to make room for the Performante

crayphile:
    sfo:
    crayphile:
    sfo:

That is my car!

No need for both Coupe & Roadster, so the Coupe is going to make room for the Performante

I saw Performante at Stamford Bridge .. wow!

are you keeping the standard CF bucket seats?

crayphile:
    sfo:
    crayphile:
    sfo:

That is my car!

Yes, yes, yes...I love you man. Smiley SmileySmileySmiley Smiley

Please don't misunderstand the "I love you". Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

sfo:

I saw Performante at Stamford Bridge .. wow!

are you keeping the standard CF bucket seats?

I missed the secret reveal as we were away. I will see it for the first time at Geneva.

RC:

Yes, yes, yes...I love you man. Smiley SmileySmileySmiley Smiley

Please don't misunderstand the "I love you". Smiley Smiley

Smiley

Whoopsy:

I can confirm the 6:52 time.

And there will be no rear wheel steering on the car.

But it have independent active aero on the both sides of the car, it will tigger depending on which side the car is turning to help with cornering grip.

So you've also got the time, heh.  Did you get yours from the lambo dealer or a porsche insider.

One guy just posted this over at mclife; the same one from the earlier posts.

I just saw the car in person and am convinced it really is the real deal. The presentation explained how it achieves the radical downforce in corners while essentially having lift in the straights as needed. Sorry guys you are all wrong, the aero design is truly revolutionary. They showed us a cutaway of the actually wing, it will change the way aero is approached in the future. I can't say any details because I signed an NDA, but the wing has a lot going on inside. Also, the wing is large and high up. Not as big as the ACR, but certainly one of the largest on a production car and the rake is aggressive. Think RS size. Camo pics don't depict the presence of this thing. The front end DF is also completely believable, a lot going on up there as well. You'll have to wait until Geneva for the details but I don't think Lambo is giving us BS with the Ring numbers. This car could easily be 30 seconds faster than the standard Huracan, I would call it a GT3 Lambo, it's VERY track focused.

crayphile:
    sfo:
    crayphile:
    sfo:

That is my car!

You´re the man Smiley

--

J.Seven

crayphile:
    sfo:
    crayphile:
    sfo:

That is my car!

CongratsSmiley

Real deal? 

IMG_0038.PNG

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

No thanks.

Rossi:

Real deal? 

IMG_0038.PNG

Could be...wow...looks aggressive...maybe a bit too aggressive for German roads. Smiley I like it but I would probably choose the facelift with RWS instead (2018). Someone who already saw the car at a closed presentation said that the engineers are raving about the incredible track performance and the revolutionary but pretty much hidden active aerodynamics. Rumored power is 640 hp.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Rossi:

Real deal? 

IMG_0038.PNG

Looks more like a Photoshopped picture than the real deal because previous "spy" photographs have included ducting over the engine cover leading to the rear wing.  Furthermore, the lower surface of the wing is free from the two lateral slots shown by Lamborghini as part of its aerodynamic technology.  The two lateral bleed slots when opened stalls the wing, providing less downforce, and consequently less drag, for higher speeds.  Since there are two lateral bleed slots that are actuated separately, this implies that a "torque vectoring" system by selectively applying more downforce to the more lightly loading inside rear wheel, increasing traction through the turn.  This could also be another reason, besides packaging, costs, and project cycle, why rear wheel steering isn't included with this variant; there may not be need for the technology as the dynamic aerodynamic loading technology renders rear wheel steering superfluous.  

The launch color is supposed to be Verde Mantis (Green) so I doubt that this is real. Plus there are details that look photoshopped. 

Here she is

https://youtu.be/6ULSUcERlQQ

kiss

kingjr9000:

Here she is

Pre-production model (didn't even have the updated speedo GUI), so I will wait until Sport Auto tests the car this autumn. I never trusted manufacturer claims.

--

Sport Auto result will be interesting indeed.  Was there a Sport Auto time for 918?

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

I won't wait for Sport Auto and I couldn't care less if the actual time is a few seconds slower. If everything goes as planned by June/July I should be able to make my own comparison: GT3 RS vs. 488 vs. 991.2 Turbo S vs. Performante. Something tells me that all of the cars will win :)

Grant:

Sport Auto result will be interesting indeed.  Was there a Sport Auto time for 918?

7:13 min. Nordschleife and 1:06,3 min. Hockenheim Kleiner Kurs.

Horst von Saurma was the driver and there was a rumor that Porsche wasn't happy with the result. Interesting fun fact: Horst von Saurma drove a Porsche factory supplied Carrera GT pretty often, so he was used to these kind of cars and definitely had the skills but of course a factory test driver, who drove that particular car dozens of times on a particular track in the same car, can achieve a better time. This is why I never trust factory claims. Never.

I am sad Horst von Saurma left because he was the kind of driver I would call semi-professional and his results were pretty comparable. Gebhardt may be younger and risks more but he is actually already too fast to be called only semi-professional, he is definitely a professional and the achieved times are in my opinion not really valuable to us. Smiley

--

Herbaliser:

I won't wait for Sport Auto and I couldn't care less if the actual time is a few seconds slower. If everything goes as planned by June/July I should be able to make my own comparison: GT3 RS vs. 488 vs. 991.2 Turbo S vs. Performante. Something tells me that all of the cars will win :)

I think it is a mistake to compare the Huracan Performante to the 991.2 Turbo S, the 488 or the GT3 RS. It is a completely different breed optimized for the track. Just a guess though. GT3 RS is not in the same performance class as 488, 991.2 Turbo S or Huracan Performante, even if it produces pretty impressive track times.

For me, besides the GT3 RS, the Huracan Performante is the most desirable "affordable" fun car right now.

Would get it it instantly if I had the financial possibility. I would buy it. This is a keeper. Same as 991.1 GT3 RS, no matter if a 991.2 GT3 RS will follow.

--

RC:
    Grant:

7:13 min. Nordschleife and 1:06,3 min. Hockenheim Kleiner Kurs.

Interesting - quite a discrepancy with official time (which was claimed to have lots of room for improvement)

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Herbaliser:

Out of those 4 I will take a Turbo S in a heart beat.

It is head and shoulders above anything consider the total package. The others 3 can only do 1 thing well. maybe another 0.5 thing. But the Turbo S basically do everything well.

--

Not sure anyone cross shopping in this segment is looking to do everything with one car. The turbo S is by far the most versatile efficient tool but lack in the soul and exclusivity department when at the same time the price new exploded with residuals staying the same.

Out of those 4 I will take a Turbo S in a heart beat.

It is head and shoulders above anything consider the total package. The others 3 can only do 1 thing well. maybe another 0.5 thing. But the Turbo S basically do everything well.

Well it's nice when you don't have to chose, isn't it? You know that better :)

By the end of the year one will have to go...and something tells me that it's going to be the RS...

As for the Turbo S, it's funny how disappointed I was when it was announced, now I've just ordered my 3rd one.

RC:
    I am sad Horst von Saurma left because he was the kind of driver I would call semi-professional and his results were pretty comparable. Gebhardt may be younger and risks more but he is actually already too fast to be called only semi-professional, he is definitely a professional and the achieved times are in my opinion not really valuable to us. Smiley

--

Not sure - if you compare the Supertests (Gebhardt for SA and HvS for AZ) both drivers achieved the same lap time in the 488 GTB Smiley

kingjr9000:

Here she is

Strange that this car has a racing seat and a roll cage. Any more 'tuning' part from Lambo on board not in lime with the production car? 

Smiley

--

991 GT3 RS / Gone: Cayman GT4, 997.2 GT3 RS 3.8, 997.2 GT3, Lotus Exige S, 964 Turbo 3.3

GoHardGT3RS:
    kingjr9000:

Here she is

Strange that this car has a racing seat and a roll cage. Any more 'tuning' part from Lambo on board not in lime with the production car? 

Smiley

That is standard operating procedure for test vehicles on the 'Ring or any test track.  There is nothing nefarious about wanting to protect a driver in a high risk situation.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    754303 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431218 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258777 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255714 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79725 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5260 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868693 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802492 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM