Crown

Board: McLaren Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: McLaren on a winning streak

ALDO:

I have met one, he bought a black 540c without any special options. He was coming from 911 turbo. His was happy with his decision. He was stating that he has nearly the same performance as 570s and when taking black you don´t need the high expensive carbon parts. His car looks pretty nice. 

540C is an excellent buy. Especially if you live in UK. Choose the options wisely and enjoy it. Great car, btw.

planning to go look/drive one soon .. London not the best place for test drive though

I would prefer a 540c spider - this would be the beat choice in price/value.

--

AM

At the same time though, best to consider used 570S as well. Dollars are dollars. As long as you find a spec you like, no reason not to buy.

BTW, the new 2017 models have a new dash screen. The 2016 dash was composed of 3 separate digital displays. The new one is a single large display. Not sure why the changed it, but it does look better IMO. Always thought the 3 displays looks kinda cheap.

I have my problems with the digital display. I still prefer an analog in combination with digital. I like the way Porsche has solved the display in Panamera models.

--

AM

noone1:

At the same time though, best to consider used 570S as well. Dollars are dollars. As long as you find a spec you like, no reason not to buy.

BTW, the new 2017 models have a new dash screen. The 2016 dash was composed of 3 separate digital displays. The new one is a single large display. Not sure why the changed it, but it does look better IMO. Always thought the 3 displays looks kinda cheap.

nothing like a new car to your (sensible) spec though ..

new screen sounds great

sfo:
    noone1:

new screen sounds great

Are you "seen through glass", the youtube guy?Smiley I, mean, he did just buy the exact type of car you're asking about.Smiley

How much the depreciation will be on the 540C?

kingjr9000:
    sfo:
    noone1:

new screen sounds great

Are you "seen through glass", the youtube guy?Smiley I, mean, he did just buy the exact type of car you're asking about.Smiley

watched that video last night .. his car expensive  CF interior bits and ugly cast wheels, and wrapped too.

His car has not much CF parts, maybe the CF shifter are not necessary. The wheels are ok but wrapping in "satin" a McLaren is something I wouldn´t suggest anyone. But he got the car as it is and for that he can drive one year and pull off the warp and enjoy as a black beauty. 

--

AM

$820,000 McLaren 675LT Spider Carbon Series – World’s Most Expensive 675LT

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/GTspirit/~3/C6KYVp30D1s/

Price seems high. A normal carbon series 675 spider is about $550k. Hard to imagine another 270k on top of that.

angry

NEW McLAREN SUPER SERIES BLENDS BEAUTY AND TECHNOLOGY TO DOUBLE AERODYNAMIC EFFICIENCY

18 Jan. 2017

• Design and aero technology working in harmony deliver stunning sculptural form with optimal aerodynamic efficiency
    • Active rear wing, with airbrake functionality to optimise balance when braking from high speed
    • New, second-generation Super Series has double the aerodynamic efficiency of the McLaren 650S

A sculpted, technical yet beautiful body shape and advanced aerodynamic technologies combine to provide the foundation for the enhanced aerodynamic performance of the second-generation McLaren Super Series.

The new McLaren supercar, which will be unveiled on March 7 at the 87th Geneva International Motor Show, is twice as aerodynamically efficient as the McLaren 650S, with increased downforce and improved cooling among the engineering imperatives for the new generation.

“The second-generation McLaren Super Series will be as aerodynamically impressive as it is visually beautiful,” commented Mark Vinnels, Executive Director - Product Development, McLaren Automotive. “A range of advanced aerodynamic technologies contributes to maximum generated downforce over 50% greater than that of the McLaren 650S and ensures truly outstanding levels of grip and stability. We have also markedly improved cooling efficiency, with a 15% gain overall and a particular focus on airflow to the engine’s high temperature radiators through a unique new design of dihedral door.”

An active wing that extends over the full rear width of the second-generation McLaren Super Series moves upwards and increases in angle to optimise aerodynamic efficiency and also deploys to its most extreme angle as an airbrake in less than half a second, optimising balance when braking from speed.

The new dihedral door design of the second-generation Super Series showcases McLaren’s innovation and engineering expertise. Two separate air ducts are integrated within the door structure; one forces air from the top of the door down into the High Temperature Radiators that cool the engine, while the other draws air out of the front wheel arch to create increased downforce. This further enhances the diffuser technology first seen in the McLaren P1TM.

Full details of the second-generation Super Series will be confirmed in March, when further images and pricing will also be available.

Press Release

--

AM

Interesting - is this not a tad unusual to do a teaser Press Release still 2 months before unveiling?? 

The points on balance under braking may relate to many testers noting the previous cars could move around a lot under full braking, which presumably was due to the disturbed aero caused by the airbrakes.

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

4trac:

Interesting - is this not a tad unusual to do a teaser Press Release still 2 months before unveiling?? 

The points on balance under braking may relate to many testers noting the previous cars could move around a lot under full braking, which presumably was due to the disturbed aero caused by the airbrakes.

Also because they do not use a real LSD which helps a bunch with braking stability.

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Grant:
    4trac:

Also because they do not use a real LSD which helps a bunch with braking stability.

Nothing new - if you look at the informations from the 650s

ACTIVE AIRBRAKE

Now available in carbon fibre, the active Airbrake gives you total confidence to exploit the McLaren 650S’s astounding performance and dynamics. Brake heavily above 95kph and the McLaren 650S’s active Airbrake instantly deploys, meaning you can stop faster and brake even later on the racetrack. It also offsets front-end pitch and increases downforce under hard braking to maximise stability.

In Sport and Track modes, the Airbrake will automatically adjust to create more downforce at speed and offers additional stability when you lift the throttle. In Aero mode, you’ll even feel the same thrill as our racing drivers when DRS (Drag Reduction System) activates, lowering the Airbrake to provide those last few mph as you race towards the finish line.

--

AM

Bad angle/photo, but here it is. Leaked last night.

Nice that they solved the side intake problem. No need for giant ugly intakes on the sides of cars anymore. Looking at you, 488 and 911 Turbo.

Also, look like the space behind the seats is similar to the 570GT, meaning a fair amount of storage, not to mention McLarens usually have large trunks up front. Shouldn't be a problem at all fittings tons of cargo.

kiss

somehow I don´t like the front, maybe it is the angle of taking the photo.

Great the provided solution to eliminate the side intakes.

--

AM

The back is too oblique and the front looks like someone stole the headlamps… Will wait for better pictures to judge…  

ALDO:

I'm not taken by the front either - will need to see it in person ......on Feb 2nd. 

crayphile:
    ALDO:

I'm not taken by the front either - will need to see it in person ......on Feb 2nd. 

Front should look identical to the spyshots.

Personally, I hate Volcano Orange. I really wish they'd stop launching cars with that color. It's really not a great launch color. They have much better paints IMO.

they should use white color smileyIMG_8764.jpg

--

AM

The proportions seems to be all off from this angle....probably very color sensitive - per ALDO

--

Tesla Model X P90D & 2016 BMW i8 & 2014 991 TTS Cab & 2014 BMW X5 & 2014 BMW i3 2017 - Porsche Mission E & 991.2 GT3 on order

noone1:

Nice that they solved the side intake problem.

By "solving" this "problem" they created many new design problems it seems from this picture Smiley

Will wait to judge when we have pictures from other angles but this one doesnt exactly favor it, the back looks weird, to low and not beefy enough, the cabin in turn looks the too forward because of it, and the front has a "nose" that does not look good from this angle. Maybe it all changes from other angles, but from this one the proportions look off.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:

Will wait to judge when we have pictures from other angles but this one doesnt exactly favor it, the back looks weird, to low and not beefy enough, the cabin in turn looks the too forward because of it, and the front has a "nose" that does not look good from this angle. Maybe it all changes from other angles, but from this one the proportions look off.

Exactly my thoughts.
    Looking forward to some better pics.

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Some guys which have seen the car i flash claims that it looks very sexy - so let us surprise

--

AM

Judging by the photo, I don't like the new one but I wait with my judgement before I see better photos and maybe the car even live at some point. When I saw the new R8 in a photo, I didn't like it either. Until I saw it live. Photos don't tell much.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM