Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Boxster Spyder News?

sfo:

IMO Spyder is a good bet if you intend to keep it long term .. over the long term, costs will be about the same as hatch back as depreciation will be low or minimal.

in an age where money is cheap, and interest rates are low, get the car .. it's your passion

when you are older, there will no longer be any NA Boxsters.

it's now or never

+1

Alex, You're young! You have plenty of time to build your life. Money comes and go. After all, we remember only moments in our lifes, good and bad ones. Buying a brand new Porsche, is unforgettable experience. If this decision will bring you joy without a headeck, even it's hard - do it! 

Anyway, Spyder is a good choice in your case, price depreciation aspect.

--

Just saw this car on a parking lot and all I can say is gorgeous machine !!

Does anyone live near porsche-centre Firenze? Our Spyder should be delivered there. i'm anxious to discover any picture of it because delivery in belgium will take another 2 weeks.

--

965 3.3turbo/  993 targa / 996 cab /997S cab/996 GT3

Audi R8  //  Audi A6 3.0 biturbo Quattro/Mini JCW/ 993 cab// boxster spyder on order

If anyone has a Spyder on order - since yesterday the LWB/918-Seats can be ordered again!!!

Blueflame

I'm amazed they don't seem to have delivered any customer cars yet.. Seems to be taking an age..

--

2015 911 GT3, 2011 987S, 1964 Type 1

DaveGordon:

I'm amazed they don't seem to have delivered any customer cars yet.. Seems to be taking an age..

When I was at factory in Zuffenhausen last October I saw Spyders  being delivered (at the factory delivery center) . Production started if I am not wrong in July last year so at this time unless there is little demand (unlikely), there should be few cars out there.

They are being delivered worldwide :)

Mine is coming in March and is late because it is PTS Voodoo Blue... I have also requested CXX options from Exclusive department.

boytronic:

Mine is coming in March and is late because it is PTS Voodoo Blue... I have also requested CXX options from Exclusive department.

Curious which CXX options you got for your Spyder? I got exterior painted interior trim (not available otherwise for PTS Spyders) along with painted PCM trim.

You Guys are lucky you got the PTS window not to mention CXX options. I have also a Spyder on order, production in April. Agate Grey / Spyder Classic interior / LWBS. I am really looking forward to it.

boytronic:

Looking forward to see the photos Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Mine will be also April production...Smiley may be we will see us at Zuffenhausen.

GT-Silver, black wheels, LWBS, Lots of leather and alcantara with red stitching.

I´m still waiting for the PTS-Window to reopen...Smiley

Blueflame

Blueflame: very nice Spyder wink !  I was in doubt between GT Silver and Agate Grey.  I checked again yesterday on PTS but zero chance. Will you have your Spyder delivered at the factory ? 

m4ever:

Blueflame: very nice Spyder wink !  I was in doubt between GT Silver and Agate Grey.  I checked again yesterday on PTS but zero chance. Will you have your Spyder delivered at the factory ? 

Yes, I will pick it up at the factory end of April.

Regarding PTS - strange things happen at Porsche. Last year we had a Exclusive-appointment for a friend to choose a color for his 991 RS. They knew we were coming just for a PTS-Color - 3 people to Stuttgart just for this...AFTER our arrival they told us, that PTS is history, but he could take Black or Miamiblue...Smiley

But look at the LWB-seat story with the spyder, since last week, they are available again - may be we have luck with PTS in March...Vipergreen is waiting for me...Smiley

Blueflame

blueflame:

Mine will be also April production...Smiley may be we will see us at Zuffenhausen.

GT-Silver, black wheels, LWBS, Lots of leather and alcantara with red stitching.

I've been offered a GT silver one today with the Spyder Classic interior - I'll probably take it and become part of the Boxster family Smiley

Mine will finally be delivered at the end of next week! 👍

--

Audi R8  //  Audi A6 3.0 biturbo Quattro/Mini JCW/ 993 cab// boxster spyder on order

crayphile:
    blueflame:

I've been offered a GT silver one today with the Spyder Classic interior - I'll probably take it and become part of the Boxster family Smiley

Whoa, nice wink

I'm just surprised about the lack of news from new owners.  I wonder about chopping in the GT3 for one.

--

DaveGordon:
      I wonder about chopping in the GT3 for one.

Dave. You have always been an open top kind of guy .... And I feel you miss a bit the mid engine layout. Maybe you should take the plunge ...... Before the GT3.2 comes out.  You would gain ( or at least not loose ) on the GT3 and resale value on the Spyder will stay strong 

--

Gnil:
    DaveGordon:

Dave. You have always been an open top kind of guy .... And I feel you miss a bit the mid engine layout. Maybe you should take the plunge ...... Before the GT3.2 comes out.  You would gain ( or at least not loose ) on the GT3 and resale value on the Spyder will stay strong 

Hehe, you might have a point there ;-)

I just popped into the dealer to ask about Spyders just out of curiosity... No way, he said - all sold out.

I did have a poke around a 991.2 cabrio though - very nice - I was amazed at the engine sound when he fired it up in the showroom - sounded loud and not turbo like - quite promising.  Booked a test drive for later in the month,,,

--

blueflame:
    m4ever:

Yes, I will pick it up at the factory end of April.

Regarding PTS - strange things happen at Porsche. Last year we had a Exclusive-appointment for a friend to choose a color for his 991 RS. They knew we were coming just for a PTS-Color - 3 people to Stuttgart just for this...AFTER our arrival they told us, that PTS is history, but he could take Black or Miamiblue...Smiley

But look at the LWB-seat story with the spyder, since last week, they are available again - may be we have luck with PTS in March...Vipergreen is waiting for me...Smiley

Blueflame

That is great to pick up the Spyder in Zuffenhausen.  My initial PTS was Azzurro California but the color although on the PTS iist  had to go through the feasibility check. I waited for the feedback and lost the PTS window.  

Viper Green is a fantastic color I wish you all the possible luck with that. I have given up on that.

beltar:

Great news, beltar Smiley I will pick up my baby Friday next week in Zuffenhausen Smiley

@ blueflame     : keeping my fingers crossed that you can get the frog - will look great Smiley

Sneak view of my car Smiley

zuff-a.jpg

--

public roads: Porsche 981S white/black/red, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

crayphile:
    blueflame:

Well done Smiley I was let down and missed out on a car. I tried phoning round a number of dealers but it looks like all the cars are sold and no further allocation is heading this way.

zuff-a.jpg

--

public roads: Porsche 981S white/black/red, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Wow !!! PTS Riviera or Mexico - Love it!!!

Blueflame

Cool - congrats. Cant wait to see more posts!

Impatient to have a good look too. Let's skip winter.

Will be a colourful season at the 'Ring. 

Porsche-Jeck:
    beltar:

Great news, beltar Smiley I will pick up my baby Friday next week in Zuffenhausen Smiley

@ blueflame     : keeping my fingers crossed that you can get the frog - will look great Smiley

zuff-a.jpg

--

Great colour PJ, we went for the fastest clour :-) carrara white , red seatbelts, stiching, doorhandles... I hope wednesday, maybe thursday...

--

DaveGordon:
    Gnil:
    DaveGordon:

Hehe, you might have a point there ;-)

I just popped into the dealer to ask about Spyders just out of curiosity... No way, he said - all sold out.

I did have a poke around a 991.2 cabrio though - very nice - I was amazed at the engine sound when he fired it up in the showroom - sounded loud and not turbo like - quite promising.  Booked a test drive for later in the month,,,

Let us know what you decide and how you like the drive in the new car, Dave. Smiley

--

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

blueflame

Wow !!! PTS Riviera or Mexico - Love it!!!

Blueflame

Riviera it is Smiley

@ Lars: sure will post a bunch of pics after picking up the car in Zuffenhausen Smiley

@ Duckie: yes....colours at the Ring! Come to think of it - I now have more displacement in the Spyder than in the GT3 Smiley

@ beltar: that white / red combo rocks SmileyHad the same in the 981S  (except the red stitching) and loved it. We never had a flashy colour on our P-cars and thought the Spyder would be the right type of car to give it a try Smiley

--

Great choice, last thing we need is another boring white silver or black Porsche on the road...

SciFrog:

Great choice, last thing we need is another boring white silver or black Porsche on the road...

Thx :-(

--

Porsche-Jeck:

Riviera it is Smiley

Smiley  I did not realize you had gone and managed PTS ! Looking forward to see you, but not in your GT3 Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM