Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Boxster Spyder News?

Alex18_996CC:
    Gauss:

I thought they were sold out ?

I havent even called my dealer to start things out, but I guess there is still allocations for Spyder's. I am sure I call our dealer and they will get one.

I still have to think about it because if I make the call, I cant go back SmileySmiley

I am very happy with my little boxster, but I am sure I can  trade it with no depreciation and jump into this beast. And hopefully it will be a long long keeper, no doubt. The fact that it can be the last pure porsche before turbo engines and pdkera rules the world.......I see the Spyder and GT4 a future classic for sure.

In your case I would go for it. We only live once, and if this car will place a smile on your face and bring you joy every time you'll drive it - go for it.

--

Alex18_996CC:

Any rennteamers about to take delivery or thinking about it ??? 

Have thought numerous times these past weeks of trading my boxster for one. What a big dilemma, specially for my pocket mail

i just cant let it out of my mind. enlightenedenlightenedenlightened . Think its a keeper and will mantain its value very well. Cant think of anything better for the ¨money¨and fun factor that gives. Open top, manual, sound, has all ingredients to be a keeper. 

this is my heart vs brain situation right now : sad

I think you should consider it Alex, it's the best value sportscar available and really in demand these days.

--

2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2013 MINI John Cooper Works GP / 2014 BMW Alpina D3 biturbo Touring

Porker:
    Alex18_996CC:

Any rennteamers about to take delivery or thinking about it ???

Have thought numerous times these past weeks of trading my boxster for one. What a big dilemma, specially for my pocket mail

i just cant let it out of my mind. enlightenedenlightenedenlightened . Think its a keeper and will mantain its value very well. Cant think of anything better for the ¨money¨and fun factor that gives. Open top, manual, sound, has all ingredients to be a keeper.

this is my heart vs brain situation right now : sad

I think you should consider it Alex, it's the best value sportscar available and really in demand these days.

If you can't get a Spyder don't discount the amazing GTS, we are really thrillled with ours and much prefer it to our previous 997/2 Carrera S even if it isn't as quick.  The sound is as good as any and better than the vast majority of even remotely affordable sports cars, far more exotic sounding than the 997 with sports exhaust was!

1447675946588cotswolds GTS.JPG

--

Porsche Boxster GTS Carrara white / Skoda Octavia Mk.3 daily drive

My German dealer told me that demand in Germany for the Boxster Spyder was way higher than for the GT4.

I too believe that, especially after the 4-cyl. turbos show up next year, the Boxster Spyder with 3.8 l flat six engine, will become an instant classic and collectible. I doubt there is going to be another car with 3.8 l flat six engine in the Boxster model range.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:

My German dealer told me that demand in Germany for the Boxster Spyder was way higher than for the GT4.

I too believe that, especially after the 4-cyl. turbos show up next year, the Boxster Spyder with 3.8 l flat six engine, will become an instant classic and collectible. I doubt there is going to be another car with 3.8 l flat six engine in the Boxster model range.

RC , you have any clue why there's a problem with COC documents for my spyder? It should have been built 19th octobre.  It has to  pass an italian dealer before transferring it to Belgium.

--

965 3.3turbo/  993 targa / 996 cab /997S cab/996 GT3

Audi R8  //  Audi A6 3.0 biturbo Quattro/Mini JCW/ 993 cab// boxster spyder on order

beltar:
    RC:

RC , you have any clue why there's a problem with COC documents for my spyder? It should have been built 19th octobre.  It has to  pass an italian dealer before transferring it to Belgium.

I'm not sure what the COC document has to do with your build date? Smiley

Is your car ready or not? Your dealer certainly knows that. I do not see a problem with the COC document, unless your dealer messed up things. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    beltar:
    RC:

Is your car ready or not? Your dealer certainly knows that. I do not see a problem with the COC document, unless your dealer messed up things. Smiley

Productionweek was week of 19th octobre. Car comes via italian dealer because belgian slots were sold out. So my independant garage depends on the info he gets from italy,; and that's not a lot. Except he'd never had such problems before.

--

Audi R8  //  Audi A6 3.0 biturbo Quattro/Mini JCW/ 993 cab// boxster spyder on order

beltar:
    RC:
    beltar:
    RC:

Productionweek was week of 19th octobre. Car comes via italian dealer because belgian slots were sold out. So my independant garage depends on the info he gets from italy,; and that's not a lot. Except he'd never had such problems before.

What makes you think there's a problem with the Certificate of Conformity?  Smiley

--

fritz

fritz:
    beltar:
    RC:
    beltar:
    RC:

What makes you think there's a problem with the Certificate of Conformity?  Smiley

That's what my salesman tells me, that porsche don't delivers the papers to accompagny the car. I don't know wether he speaks the truth. That's the reason why i ask it here, to see wether other consumers have the
    same problem.

--

When I bought my Boxster in the UK for export, I had to order the CoC separately.. Porsche UK had to request it direct from Porsche Germany..

--

2015 911 GT3, 2011 987S, 1964 Type 1

I dug out a little more info and they quoted a lead time of 4 weeks to order the CoC, but it arrived in 2. I couldn't order one until the VIN had been allocated, which was a month or so before delivery. You can order a CoC any time after that, including after delivery.

--

Usually, customers need to order the COC from Porsche Germany directly and it is possible to do that with a signed contract alone, you don't need to have the car already. Usually, this goes through the (Italian) dealer but Porsche wants a paper with the name and signature of the customer and the corresponding contract (order).

I stil think the (official?) Italian dealer messed up things (he knows how things work) but it is also possible that he got a better offer for the car and now he is stalling. angry I do not want to speculate but the Italian dealer definitely has to know more. If he doesn't "communicate" properly, then I would suspect ulterior motives for that. yes

--

I don't know your dealer, but I do know mine messed it up somewhat, too.  The dealer told me I had to approach Porsche UK for it.  Porsche UK told me the dealer was supposed to apply to them on my behalf.  I figured it was easier to get it from Porsche UK with 5 mins work rather than try to convince the dealer to do their job.

It could be that the dealer is simply unfamiliar with the internal processes involved in export cars.  That was the case with mine.  I took the approach that it was worth a bit of my time to know exactly what was required and made sure it happened rather than trust the dealer to do it.  I slept better at night as a result.

--

Great feedback from everyone regarding the Spyder !!!. Really appreciated, this car has really got me. Apart of the 4cylinder turbo era and manual transmission cars coming to an end. I just love everything about the Spyder, design, real driving sensation, engine, everything!!....I see it just as a weekend car and for very specific use, no problem with that. That's what exactly I want. The more raw it is the better.

I have not decided what to do. Its quite a crazy jump, financially speaking for me.  To be sincere I am 'only' in my 30's and need other priorities in life other than blowing more money in cars indecision, for sure its by far not the best direction to get into. But for the moment I dont have any responsibilities in life, no children for example. May be in the future, but right now is quite far in my radar.

Speaking of which, right now my 987.2 Boxster is basically a weekend car. I drive my little Smart for everything, office, driving in the city, meetings, etc, etc. And I would be more than happy having the Spyder + my Smart fortwo. blush

I still have to decide these weeks, I know I can have a good trade in my boxster, and also was thinking of financing part with porsche financial services. Its quite a crazy jump for me right now, but we only live once !!!!!!!!! heartkiss

Regarding availability I really dont know if my dealer will have any free slots. I do think they can have a slot if I finally decide to go for it. No doubt. 

Any positive news will update. wink

--

the longer you leave ordering a Spyder, the less your chances of getting a slot

My advice (mid forties), at your age invest your money and not spend it on cars. Limit your car budget to 10% of your net worth. 

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

993Targa:

My advice (mid forties), at your age invest your money and not spend it on cars. Limit your car budget to 10% of your net worth. 

+1 Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

Here are some photo's of a white spyder I took last week. I've now seen it in yellow and white and it looks fantastic. The styling changes make a considerable visual impression over a regular Boxster. My deposit is in and I'm hoping they can get me a production slot now.

IMG_1980.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

I do like white Boxsters!

--

991 Carrera Black\Black, XC90 Black\Black, 120 Cab Black\Coral Red - 2 kids, 1 dog

RC:t it is also possible that he got a better offer for the car and now he is stalling. angry I do not want to speculate but the Italian dealer definitely has to know more. If he doesn't "communicate" property, then I would suspect ulterior motives for that. yes

I fear something like that, but cross my fingers this is not the case...

--

@Beltar - what's your main worry at the moment, specifically?

--

@ISUK - that looks awesome. I wonder about trying to find a slot myself..

--

Congrats ! very very cool car ! kiss

Congrats ISUK! wink Mmm, I am very tempted too.

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

993Targa:

This is a very good advice and even better if someone hasn't a family yet. Kids (and a wife Smiley) can be expensive...

--

There are many factors that come in play... Age, annual income, mortgage or not, family or not. The 10% can work if you have a wealth of a few mio but not after...

SciFrog:

There are many factors that come in play... Age, annual income, mortgage or not, family or not. The 10% can work if you have a wealth of a few mio but not after...

True, but I guessed that that was not the case. I also don't want to pretend that I'm capable of giving advice to multi millionaires. My advice was for somebody in his thirties with less than 1-2mio. Smiley

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

In which case if seems like a good advice ;)

Great advice indeed from 993 targa, its what many people tell me. I am just 30 years old (since October smiley). 1-2 mio ? If that was my case, I would have a 991 gt3 rs straight away indecision. This is clearly not my case for sure. 

I am now single, no kids, no important monthly fixed quotes. Got a good job that I love, and allows me to save in good proportions. Thankufully I dont have to pay for any property or rent.......although my plan is to buy a a small place in the upcoming years strictly by my own. :) 

I can jump into the spyder, but its not the smartest move. Also I can finance part of it, and this is what is killing me to do the change straight away! 

Anyways, lets see in the next weeks how things can turn up. Will see. I may go to the dealer before end of month.

That white Spyder is cool.

I think I would go red or silver. AC, alarm system, audio system CDR-31 + Audio plus package+bluetooth. Pretty basic. Would love paint to sample but guess that's impossible mission at this stage.

--

IMO Spyder is a good bet if you intend to keep it long term .. over the long term, costs will be about the same as hatch back as depreciation will be low or minimal.

in an age where money is cheap, and interest rates are low, get the car .. it's your passion

when you are older, there will no longer be any NA Boxsters.

it's now or never

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM