Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 991.2 and future models Thread Closed

Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

This is offtopic!!! (Sorry, forum has changed a litle bit and i dont know how to move this post) Havent posted here for a long time! !!! Does ""my good old Ferrari friend "Nberry"" still sitck arround here??? Regards from Azores, Portugal. Woshhhhhhhh.

I thought you dropped off the face of the earth! Glad to see you back. Post often.Smiley

AND it is true I have succumbed to the Dark Side. I love my 991GT3.Smiley

--

Of little, to make much: That is the dream of a human life.

ALDO:

I for Internet controlled throttle and car response. It is part of car connect and new porsche social media sports driving community. There is a realtime tool where all community members can have direct access to your car. Rennteam is also preparing a true two-way connect to this portal. So we could have access also thru Rennteam. All members can change the settings and a algorithm based on fuzzy logic will then update your car settings including throttle response, exhaust sound, music you can hear, braking power and the overall power output of your car. It is a pretty cool thing.

But before the lunch of the portal you can use this button for individual settings.

Are you referring to internet connection to the car electronics? If so, just yesterday Wired Magazine demonstrated how they were able from their office to  take over the steering of a 2014 Jeep while being driver by an owner. Chrysler freak out and now is developing a software to prevent this from happening.Smiley

--

Of little, to make much: That is the dream of a human life.

nberry:
    ALDO:

I for Internet controlled throttle and car response. It is part of car connect and new porsche social media sports driving community. There is a realtime tool where all community members can have direct access to your car. Rennteam is also preparing a true two-way connect to this portal. So we could have access also thru Rennteam. All members can change the settings and a algorithm based on fuzzy logic will then update your car settings including throttle response, exhaust sound, music you can hear, braking power and the overall power output of your car. It is a pretty cool thing.

But before the lunch of the portal you can use this button for individual settings.

Are you referring to internet connection to the car electronics? If so, just yesterday Wired Magazine demonstrated how they were able from their office to  take over the steering of a 2014 Jeep while being driver by an owner. Chrysler freak out and now is developing a software to prevent this from happening.Smiley

A well managed firm should have never allowed this defect to have occurred and would have isolated the various systems from each other.  There is no reason why Connect should have direct control capabilities over mission critical, i.e., drivetrain related functions.  This is very sloppy and it creates another huge liability for FCA.

Joost:

Haha, I was creating the same screenshots!:
    In the first you see the tape and the outline of the edge.
    In the second, you see that in fact the entire cluster is covered by the tape (notice the similar polkadots pattern?) so the indentations might be way deeper than you can see now.

Knipsel.PNG

Knipsel2.PNG

Nicely done! Clearly it will have Macan like style rear lights! and we'll all like 'em a lot! 

--

1991 BMW 535i Granitsilber/White Leather

Ex: '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

I had N430 for few days to drive around, and for the sound, I must given 100points on that... it is absoluty stunning!!!  u can forget about the damping feels odd and not connected, u can forget about the badly transmission connected to the engine, u can forget about the badly understeered handling.... BUT! the sound is absoluty stunning.... Like a modering English Muscle car..... 

KresoF1:

In acceleration from 0-100km/h, 0-200km/h and 0-300km/h yes. In top speed no.

Even for 0-300 km/h 991.2 TTS will be faster than R8 Plus? Its very good result for Porsche. But how could it be achieved?

huangester:

I had N430 for few days to drive around, and for the sound, I must given 100points on that... it is absoluty stunning!!!  u can forget about the damping feels odd and not connected, u can forget about the badly transmission connected to the engine, u can forget about the badly understeered handling.... BUT! the sound is absoluty stunning.... Like a modering English Muscle car..... 

The worse part is I'm never home long enough to drive it!  

nberry:
    ALDO:

Guys, it was just a joke! I explained at the end the functionality of this setting Smiley

I was inspired by the hack of uconnect.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

Joost:

Haha, I was creating the same screenshots!:
    In the first you see the tape and the outline of the edge.
    In the second, you see that in fact the entire cluster is covered by the tape (notice the similar polkadots pattern?) so the indentations might be way deeper than you can see now.

Knipsel.PNG

Knipsel2.PNG

Very good observation. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

huangester:

It is THE reason why I still have my 8 year old V8 roadster, it sounds just too good, better than anyhting else out there. Mine has the 4.3l engine but was fitted with the factory power kit and a Larini exhaust... Amazing...

reginos:
    Carlos from Spain:

Sounds to me like the electric part is there to pre-spool the turbos so that there is less lag? 

Yes, that is correct.  The Audi system is said to compose two differently sized turbochargers.  The first is a small turbocharger with electric assist to reduce lag, as this turbocharger "chokes" at a higher speed, a larger, more laggy turbocharger significantly increases boost.  By sophisticated control, the two devices work in combination to seamlessly provide boost to maximize available torque across the rev range.  If successful, this system could provide near maximum torque at idle speed, replicating the maximum torque of an electric motor at zero RPM, with the higher torque output further up the rev range of the normal ICE.  

This is how Audi's system of electric and conventional turbochargers works

Audi-Electric-biturbo-1.jpgAudi-Electric-biturbo-2.jpg

Can't find my post anymore (maybe because of the data loss??) but I wrote about a month ago that we will end up with 420 hp and electric turbos.... you read it on RT first! ;-)

--

turbolite

But are these real electric turbochargers? I thought these are "normal" turbochargers which can be precharged electrically, that's what AB and Kreso stated.

cheers

Per the diagram: there is an electrically powered compressor which at times supplements the regular turbo to offset turbo lag.  yes

I'm not sure where to post this, but here is an excellent  set of  short videos on the evolution of the 911: http://www.automoblog.net/2015/07/24/porsche-911-evolution-of-style/

ALDO:
    KresoF1:
    Grant:

Aha - so, you'll only keep GTS for a few months?  Do you have to pay VAT twice?

No, car will go to my business partner here in early 2016 when I get 991.2 

He wants 991.2 GTS but, he is not willing to pay price of new one. Therefor I ordered the car in his desired color and low specs (I just added -20mm). I will drive it until 991.2 arrives. It will be also a good thing to compare both generations directly.

In Croatia you can buy the car for your business but if driving privately you (your company) can not collect the VAT back. So it is the same if you would buy it as a private person. 

When selling a used car, you or the buyer have to pay 5% special tax. So you have to be a Greek to buy a car just for a few month Smiley or you love your country so much 

In Croatia there is no VAT colection on personal cars any more, it is almost same if you buy it as private or for company.

ALDOGT3:
    ALDO:
    KresoF1:
    Grant:

He wants 991.2 GTS but, he is not willing to pay price of new one. Therefor I ordered the car in his desired color and low specs (I just added -20mm). I will drive it until 991.2 arrives. It will be also a good thing to compare both generations directly.

In Croatia you can buy the car for your business but if driving privately you (your company) can not collect the VAT back. So it is the same if you would buy it as a private person. 

When selling a used car, you or the buyer have to pay 5% special tax. So you have to be a Greek to buy a car just for a few month Smiley or you love your country so much 

In Croatia there is no VAT colection on personal cars any more, it is almost same if you buy it as private or for company.

Hey,

didn´t see you here for a long time. Hope you are fine. 

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

MKW:
    Roy J.:
    reginos:

porsche-911-devel-drive-004.jpg

What is it?? Smiley

It is an ugliesh umbilical way to incorporate a " manatinno " , but will also irritate guys who like to shuffle steer , esp at autocrosses 

Thanks! A very cool option,

O = Normal

S= Sport

S+ = Sport Plus

I= Individual?

Right? Smiley

kiss

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

ALDO:
    ALDOGT3:

ALDO:

KresoF1:

Grant:

Hey,

didn´t see you here for a long time. Hope you are fine. 

Super, thanks😊😊

When will be the official unveil...? :)

Boyko23:

IAA.

--

RC:
    Boyko23:

IAA.

Next 991.2 Turbo unveil next September 2015....... can't wait!!! Smiley

IAA will unveil the "turbo-charged" Carrera and Carrera S but most probably not the "911 Turbo".

--

Porsche 911 GT3 - Guards Red 997 MKII Clubsport

Gauss:

IAA will unveil the "turbo-charged" Carrera and Carrera S but most probably not the "911 Turbo".

--

Porsche 911 GT3 - Guards Red 997 MKII Clubsport

i hear dicember for turbo (S)

Yep, 991.2 Turbo/S end of 2015.

--

Hey RC!!! Any news on the official photos of the carreras?

--
    This is the way this post ends, not with a bang but with a wisper, WOSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

Hey RC!!! Any news on the official photos of the carreras?

Officially? At or slightly before IAA in Frankfurt. Unofficially? Well, wait for the first breach of the press embargo. Smiley 

There were rumors a couple of week ago that the first information incl. photos could be made public in August but I haven't heard much since. Truth to be told, I haven't even asked, so maybe someone has updates on that.

--

Spyderidol:

I'm not sure where to post this, but here is an excellent  set of  short videos on the evolution of the 911: http://www.automoblog.net/2015/07/24/porsche-911-evolution-of-style/

Cool morph videos.  Too bad they skipped the 930 in the front and back morphs.  I'm really tempted to get one of those just for the looks.

Also, I they got the 996 front wrong - its the 997 mk 1.

Great videos though.  Thanks.

RC:

Can't wait to look some official pics!!! SmileySmiley   :)

Roy J.:
    RC:

Can't wait to look some official pics!!! SmileySmiley   :)

Why? There won't be much difference. Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM