Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayman Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Cayman GT4

bluelines:

I think we need more autumn pictures of the fastest car on RT indecision

I just don't get it... But a very nice color indeed!

Wonderful pics as always bluelines! kiss

Heard today that my car is delayed another 2-3 weeks so now end Nov/early Dec - presumably because of the latest issues with supply of LWB.  I guess in the grand scheme of things its not too bad, but it does push me even closer into bad weather zone for the factory collection. I'm still really grateful that I'm fortunate enough to be actually getting one, so I can't complain. Smiley

--

Current - Aston V12 Vantage, Morning Frost White, Buckets, Manual

On Order - Cayman GT4, Racing Yellow, PCCB, Full Buckets

Whoopsy:

Still think your car needs some paint on top of the primer.............Smiley

Too fast, too furious for a colourSmiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

Adam2S:

Wonderful pics as always bluelines! kiss

Heard today that my car is delayed another 2-3 weeks so now end Nov/early Dec - presumably because of the latest issues with supply of LWB.  I guess in the grand scheme of things its not too bad, but it does push me even closer into bad weather zone for the factory collection. I'm still really grateful that I'm fortunate enough to be actually getting one, so I can't complain. Smiley

Thanks! Smiley

Oh no, another delay Smiley Sorry, to hear.

--

bluelines:

I think we need more autumn pictures of the fastest car on RT indecision

Slightly different angle than the one above and I could not decide which is best, color or b/w. You get 2 for 1.

_DSC0447.jpg
    _DSC0447-2.jpg

Fastest for now.... Since Flat6 tested our upcomming spyder and.... it beats the GT4 in all exercises, except on track where its wornout tires made it kneel for his majesty GT4.

Since we ordered it also in the fastest colour... next week hopefully a GT4-killer on rennteam :-)

--

965 3.3turbo/  993 targa / 996 cab /997S cab/996 GT3

Audi R8  //  Audi A6 3.0 biturbo Quattro/Mini JCW/ 993 cab// boxster spyder on order

Had mine for a couple of weeks now.... everything and more than I had hoped it would be

IMG_4457.JPGIMG_4454.JPG

--

2010 997.2 GT3        2012  987.2 S Black Edition        2016 981 GT4

beltar:

Fastest for now.... Since Flat6 tested our upcomming spyder and.... it beats the GT4 in all exercises, except on track where its wornout tires made it kneel for his majesty GT4.

Since we ordered it also in the fastest colour... next week hopefully a GT4-killer on rennteam :-)

Smiley

The challenge is on! Smiley Congratulations to the close delivery. Very exciting. Lots of pics please! Smiley

--

Nacelle1:

Had mine for a couple of weeks now.... everything and more than I had hoped it would be

Congrats! Smiley Looks great! Smiley

--

Nacelle1:

Congratulations  ! It looks good . But where are the famous  Canadian autumn colors as a back ground ? Smiley

--

997.2 C2 ,  -20mm  I 964 Carrera 4 I 991 GT3 RS 

Gnil:
    But where are the famous  Canadian autumn colors as a back ground ? Smiley

Ask VW...

Global warming?

Smiley

Awesome. Proper colour, too wink

--

2015 911 GT3, 2011 987S, 1964 Type 1

Nacelle1:

Nice!  Hope it joins us in Colorado sometime soon Smiley

--

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

Grant:
    vantagesc:

Bluelines and any other GT4 owners,

Did you go for clear film protection?  I am considering it, though generally I hate the look and feel of it.  Found an installer that wraps the edges of the panel so at least you cannot see the edges of the film.  Some people say Porsche paint is very soft and chips easily.

Unfortunately, modern Porsche paint is water-based and much less resilient than the stuff made with nasty solvents from years ago.  If you track or live in an area where debris on the roads is common, then it's a good idea to get Xpel or similar.  Unless you don't mind just respraying the damaged areas later (some prefer this approach).

--

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

Agreed, Grant is right, get the coating if you care.  we spend alot of time on gravel  roads and at high speed.  You will have chips through to the white undercoat  all over the bonnet after a year or so.  On our 84 930, the paint was sand blasted off all the wheel flares and the rockers below the doors, entirely white undercoating and no paint at all!!!

Watt. My 993 was glass out full respray in 2005. Like your 930 there is ZERO paint left on the steel behind the front wheels and the plastic behind the rears now! That's what a few Targa tarmac events will do, add in some fast road work and track days. Here is a picture from last month Northland Tour (the car is quicker on those roads than my GT3!). I call it cow sh*t art. Enjoy...

image1 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1853 (Medium).JPG

--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014 991 GT3, 1994 993C2 6spd RS spec, 2016 Cayman GT4 (on order)

Grant.... Good chance that I'll come with it in the spring.... Will talk to you later on that score. When does your car arrive in the US? 

--

Gnil:
    Nacelle1:

Congratulations  ! It looks good . But where are the famous  Canadian autumn colors as a back ground ? Smiley

--

997.2 C2 ,  -20mm  I 964 Carrera 4 I 991 GT3 RS 

LOL... Vancouver Island is a very green forest year round

--

And thanks everyone... This is a special car indeed, even if it is a manual and slow. angry

--

Nacelle1:

Grant.... Good chance that I'll come with it in the spring.... Will talk to you later on that score. When does your car arrive in the US? 

Great!  Probably sometime in December...

--

Hello everyone,

I've been a member of RT  for a few years and have enjoyed the family atmosphere, the knowledge exchanged as well as the insights from RC, but I haven't been very active, as I didn't feel I was able to bring something very relevant to the forum.

I've been enjoying track days for the past ten years with my 964RS, mostly in Spa and on the 'Ring, but also on quite a few tracks in France. I'm a trackdays addict for sure, and I will remain that way, as my budget won't probably bring me to racing ever, and as street fast driving creates feelings of guiltiness that alter the pleasure frown

My RS has always brought me huge fun and joy, characterized by clarity and honesty, with even some serious performance, being often able to stay in front of much younger cars, such as 996 and 7 GT3's (forget the 991gt3s, they're riotguns).

Lately, I started thinking upon the future of my car, first of all because it's ageing (23 year old) and as I encountered a few concerns, even if maintenance has been alway a priority for me (as everyone's security is involved) but also although because of the increasing value of these cars.

As I want to stick with Porsche (I'm an active member of a Porsche club), my choices for an upgrade were either GT3(RS), from 997 to 991 and, why not, the GT4.

I didn't realize quick enough that the 991GT3RS would be sold out so fast and, frankly, this car is maybe a bit too much for me to put on a track (and therefore possibly in an armco indecision). 997GT3RS has become too expensive for what it is (as a track toy). I was left with 997 GT3Mk1 (hubs on the Mk2 are too dangerous and too big of an issue with Porsche warranty) and the GT4. They're actually at the same price right now, one being a 7-8 year old 911 with stabilized or even increasing value and a fresh out of the factory "Cayman by Andy Preuninger"...

My dealer told me that GT4 were sold out but accepted to put me on a waiting list, assuring me there was little chance not to say none that they'd ever call me back.

That was until last week: I called back my dealer, letting him know I was still looking for a solution to my "problem". He told me actually he may have one for me. 

I know got a confirmation: built next May for a late May delivery angelangelangelsmileywink

I guess new slots have been created on the line, as it seems there is some movement in the allocations right now, I don't know but I'm more than happy to have the chance to get one kiss

I just hope that the pleasure it will give me on track will outclass the clarity I have with the RS

Congratulations! kiss Welcome to the waiting club for the fastest and manliest of the GT cars indecision

I was in a similar situation where I found the new 991 GT3 and RS being too much for me and hence I looked at used 996 and 997 GT3s instead. Then the GT4 was revealed and I immediately felt that this was the car to get.

My GT4 was delivered in late April and it is a great little machine. Of course it cannot compete with the 991 GT3, but it has other charms which the GT3 does not. As a track car I find the GT4 brilliant. The balance and handling is second to none. Tons of fun. Just what I was looking for and I hope the same for you.

Feel free to post pics of that gorgeous 964 RS of yours wink

--

kissMineisanRS964:

Hello everyone,

I've been a member of RT  for a few years and have enjoyed the family atmosphere, the knowledge exchanged as well as the insights from RC, but I haven't been very active, as I didn't feel I was able to bring something very relevant to the forum.

I've been enjoying track days for the past ten years with my 964RS, mostly in Spa and on the 'Ring, but also on quite a few tracks in France. I'm a trackdays addict for sure, and I will remain that way, as my budget won't probably bring me to racing ever, and as street fast driving creates fellings of guiltiness that altere the pleasure frown

My RS has always brought me huge fun and joy, characterized by clarity and honesty, with even some serious performance, being often able to stay in front of much younger cars, such as 996 and 7 GT3's (forget the 991gt3s, they're riotguns).

Lately, I started thinking upon the future of my car, first of all because it's ageing (23 year old) and as I encountered a few concerns, even if maintenance has been alway a priority for me (as everyone's security is involved) but also although because of the increasing value of these cars.

As I want to stick with Porsche (I'm an active member of a Porsche club), my choices for an upgrade were either GT3(RS), from 997 to 991 and, why not, the GT4.

I didn't realize quick enough that the 991GT3RS would be sold out so fast and, frankly, this car is maybe a bit too much for me to put on a track (and therefore possibly in an armco indecision). 997GT3RS has become too expensive for what it is (as a track toy). I was left with 997 GT3Mk1 (hubs on the Mk2 are too dangerous and too big of an issue with Porsche warranty) and the GT4. They're actually at the same price right now, one being a 7-8 year old 911 with stabilized or even increasing value and a fresh out of the factory "Cayman by Andy Preuninger"...

My dealer told me that GT4 were sold out but accepted to put me on a waiting list, assuring me there was little chance not to say none that they'd ever call me back.

That was until last week: I called back my dealer, letting him know I was still looking for a solution to my "problem". He told me actually he may have one for me. 

I know got a confirmation: built next May for a late May delivery angelangelangelsmileywink

I guess new slots have been created on the line, as it seems there is some movement in the allocations right now, I don't know but I'm more than happy to have the chance to get one kiss

I just hope that the pleasure it will give me on track will outclass the clarity I have with the RS

Excellent - great news! Smiley

--

bluelines:

Congratulations! kiss Welcome to the waiting club for the fastest and manliest of the GT cars indecision

I was in a similar situation where I found the new 991 GT3 and RS being too much for me and hence I looked at used 996 and 997 GT3s instead. Then the GT4 was revealed and I immediately felt that this was the car to get.

My GT4 was delivered in late April and it is a great little machine. Of course it cannot compete with the 991 GT3, but it has other charms which the GT3 does not. As a track car I find the GT4 brilliant. The balance and handling is second to none. Tons of fun. Just what I was looking for and I hope the same for you.

Feel free to post pics of that gorgeous 964 RS of yours wink

Thanks Bluelines kiss

Have you been bringing yours already on tracks? I'd be interested to know what it achieves.

For the RS, I will post pics soon but here's already a nice pic from last year in Magny-Cours

slide_dp_167.JPG

Grant:
    kissMineisanRS964:

Hello everyone,

I've been enjoying track days for the past ten years with my 964RS, mostly in Spa and on the 'Ring, but also on quite a few tracks in France. I'm a trackdays addict for sure, and I will remain that way, as my budget won't probably bring me to racing ever, and as street fast driving creates fellings of guiltiness that altere the pleasure frown

Thanks Grant Smiley 

I just hope that I will find a way to overcome the weaknesses of the car you mentioned when you were in Spa...

MineisanRS964:
    Grant:
    kissMineisanRS964:

Hello everyone,

Thanks Grant Smiley 

I just hope that I will find a way to overcome the weaknesses of the car you mentioned when you were in Spa...

I think it will only be a matter of adjusting the swaybars and alignment setup (maybe with some new toe link pieces) - nothing too serious.

Someone with a new GT3 also mentioned that the Dunlop tires (that I have) tend to understeer much worse than Michelin Cup 2's.

--

MineisanRS964 - 

What color is that?

otisdog:

MineisanRS964 - 

What color is that?

The color is G4 Stern Rubis, the specific color used for the show car in Paris in 1990. The color is basically a pink with hues of purple, or vice versa

Grant:
    MineisanRS964:
    Grant:
    kissMineisanRS964:

Hello everyone,

Thanks Grant Smiley 

I think it will only be a matter of adjusting the swaybars and alignment setup (maybe with some new toe link pieces) - nothing too serious.

Someone with a new GT3 also mentioned that the Dunlop tires (that I have) tend to understeer much worse than Michelin Cup 2's.

--

I hope I get the Michelins then, I have them on the RS, in 18", and they're really impressive...

This is Agate. I love it!

This GT4 looks so wrong on so many levels...sorry, not a fan. enlightened

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

We have different tastes.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688773 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408802 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255574 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234824 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65420 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857664 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773545 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM